criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

1157158160162163166

Replies

  • Starmasui73146
    2087 posts Member
    edited March 27

    That's hilarious. 😆😂🤣 Thank you, I seriously needed a good laugh.
    Don't forget we will receive Resistance and FO ship interiors with this update.

    Sweet! 🤗😎🤗
    “There is always hope.”

  • They did that to me a couple times this week. It's fun to watch the AI learn over time and get better and better. When they first added vehicle AI, the speeder AI left a lot to be desired, but now it's actually engaging to fight. I've also noticed less buggy-ness with the walker AI lately too.
  • Hey people, I think we should ask for all skins to be free offline. There will be a time where the game won't have multiplayer and then what? The skins that weren't bought won't be able to be played? I think it is very important, as important as when they added IA. What do you think? If you agree to spread the word on this forum please do it.
    I personally can't stay without doing anything about this topic in specific.
    Not all of us have the time to play the game, and the Celebration Edition doesn't unlock the skins when being offline.
  • Llunots wrote: »
    Hey people, I think we should ask for all skins to be free offline. There will be a time where the game won't have multiplayer and then what? The skins that weren't bought won't be able to be played? I think it is very important, as important as when they added IA. What do you think? If you agree to spread the word on this forum please do it.
    I personally can't stay without doing anything about this topic in specific.
    Not all of us have the time to play the game, and the Celebration Edition doesn't unlock the skins when being offline.

    You can earn credits by playing as long as you are connected to Ea's servers, even if you are playing the offline modes. I imagine if we ever get to the point that they are going to drop the servers, that's when all the skins would be available offline.
  • Llunots wrote: »
    Hey people, I think we should ask for all skins to be free offline. There will be a time where the game won't have multiplayer and then what? The skins that weren't bought won't be able to be played? I think it is very important, as important as when they added IA. What do you think? If you agree to spread the word on this forum please do it.
    I personally can't stay without doing anything about this topic in specific.
    Not all of us have the time to play the game, and the Celebration Edition doesn't unlock the skins when being offline.

    You can earn credits by playing as long as you are connected to Ea's servers, even if you are playing the offline modes. I imagine if we ever get to the point that they are going to drop the servers, that's when all the skins would be available offline.

    And what if they forget about it? Remember Battlefront 2015? We never received more skirmish maps or skins available offline. And on this game Arcade is being forgottten.
  • Starmasui73146
    2087 posts Member
    edited March 29
    Llunots wrote: »
    Llunots wrote: »
    Hey people, I think we should ask for all skins to be free offline. There will be a time where the game won't have multiplayer and then what? The skins that weren't bought won't be able to be played? I think it is very important, as important as when they added IA. What do you think? If you agree to spread the word on this forum please do it.
    I personally can't stay without doing anything about this topic in specific.
    Not all of us have the time to play the game, and the Celebration Edition doesn't unlock the skins when being offline.

    You can earn credits by playing as long as you are connected to Ea's servers, even if you are playing the offline modes. I imagine if we ever get to the point that they are going to drop the servers, that's when all the skins would be available offline.

    And what if they forget about it? Remember Battlefront 2015? We never received more Skirmish maps or skins available Offline. And on this game Arcade is being forgottten.
    a0h1aw9r0ip2.jpeg

    🤔🧐 Ah yes the dreaded video game apocalypse of 2017. Yeah that really was horror.
    Hopefully they wont repeat that fiasco.


    This videos interesting...

    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Llunots wrote: »
    Hey people, I think we should ask for all skins to be free offline. There will be a time where the game won't have multiplayer and then what? The skins that weren't bought won't be able to be played? I think it is very important, as important as when they added IA. What do you think? If you agree to spread the word on this forum please do it.
    I personally can't stay without doing anything about this topic in specific.
    Not all of us have the time to play the game, and the Celebration Edition doesn't unlock the skins when being offline.

    I understand not wanting to lose content, but this IS the game, if you really don't have time to even play it to unlock skins (you can even do this by playing IA albeit at a slower rate), then equally you don't have time to use said skins if they were even made available to you.

    I'm all for asking for more good stuff, but this seems a little much to me. That's literally the game after all.

    Also, as someone else said, would deactivating the multiplayer modes be the same thing as not allowing us to play online at all? I'm not sure. I haven't stuck with a shooter long enough to see if that's the case.

    I don't imagine they'll just leave players with NO way to obtain said skins either, if that day comes.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

    Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

    #SoloPlayers

    Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^


  • I think there's definitely a plausible case to be made, that the rate of credit acquisition is too steep in many Triple-A games of this type nowadays.

    But what you're saying is, they should remove it completely? That's a little much I think.

    I hope they can just find a way to make the Celebration edition skins available offline, because that's pretty shady to be honest... People paid specifically to have those skins.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

    Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

    #SoloPlayers

    Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^


  • Llunots
    438 posts Member
    edited March 29
    I think there's definitely a plausible case to be made, that the rate of credit acquisition is too steep in many Triple-A games of this type nowadays.

    But what you're saying is, they should remove it completely? That's a little much I think.

    I hope they can just find a way to make the Celebration edition skins available offline, because that's pretty shady to be honest... People paid specifically to have those skins.

    I'm only asking to unlock the skins offline. I know it is a multiplayer game but some people here don't have the time to play online to gain credits, cause the payout on offline is 200-250 per match x15 times per day. I don't even have the time for this.
    As an offline player, I only ask to be able to play those skins offline simply because offline is not competitive, it is a solo experience. My arguments may not be solid as yours, but I speak for people who can't play the game to gain expensive skins and just wants to play with Leia Organa Hoth Boushh appearance in Arcade.
  • Starmasui73146
    2087 posts Member
    edited March 29
    Llunots wrote: »
    Hey people, I think we should ask for all skins to be free offline. There will be a time where the game won't have multiplayer and then what? The skins that weren't bought won't be able to be played? I think it is very important, as important as when they added IA. What do you think? If you agree to spread the word on this forum please do it.
    I personally can't stay without doing anything about this topic in specific.
    Not all of us have the time to play the game, and the Celebration Edition doesn't unlock the skins when being offline.

    I understand not wanting to lose content, but this IS the game, if you really don't have time to even play it to unlock skins (you can even do this by playing IA albeit at a slower rate), then equally you don't have time to use said skins if they were even made available to you.

    I'm all for asking for more good stuff, but this seems a little much to me. That's literally the game after all.

    Also, as someone else said, would deactivating the multiplayer modes be the same thing as not allowing us to play online at all? I'm not sure. I haven't stuck with a shooter long enough to see if that's the case.

    I don't imagine they'll just leave players with NO way to obtain said skins either, if that day comes.

    Actually I hate to say it Mando but your wrong you can not simply unlock it by playing it Online then use it Offline. I have two accounts, one I opened up everything by grinding, the other I opened up via The Celebration Edition. My main account when Offline, it did NOT have the skins I opened up in the game (that the Celebration Edition will open Online). So it doesn't matter what you do, ether way Offline the skins are not there. Only the ones from launch. Sorry. Unless you know something I don't?

    Unplug your modem and see for your self. Tell me if mine is just a bug or if I am correct. Thank you.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Gothic_Mando
    2047 posts Member
    edited March 29
    I understand what you're saying, but there does eventually come a point where devs accept they cannot cater to everyone. This is still, after all, a mostly multiplayer game. And a huge one, at that. Not trying to dismiss you, but statistically speaking, the number of offline players in your position are gonna be comparatively low to other types of players. So naturally, it would be a lower priority for the devs.

    Even in spite of that fact, they've done a lot to offer alternatives to different types of players too.

    They should try to find a way to make the Celebration edition skins available offline, I agree. But maybe the reason they haven't yet isn't because they don't want to, but because they can't? How could they be able to track who owns the CE if you're offline?

    I could be wrong of course, it's just what I suspect.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

    Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

    #SoloPlayers

    Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^


  • Gothic_Mando
    2047 posts Member
    edited March 29
    Llunots wrote: »
    Hey people, I think we should ask for all skins to be free offline. There will be a time where the game won't have multiplayer and then what? The skins that weren't bought won't be able to be played? I think it is very important, as important as when they added IA. What do you think? If you agree to spread the word on this forum please do it.
    I personally can't stay without doing anything about this topic in specific.
    Not all of us have the time to play the game, and the Celebration Edition doesn't unlock the skins when being offline.

    I understand not wanting to lose content, but this IS the game, if you really don't have time to even play it to unlock skins (you can even do this by playing IA albeit at a slower rate), then equally you don't have time to use said skins if they were even made available to you.

    I'm all for asking for more good stuff, but this seems a little much to me. That's literally the game after all.

    Also, as someone else said, would deactivating the multiplayer modes be the same thing as not allowing us to play online at all? I'm not sure. I haven't stuck with a shooter long enough to see if that's the case.

    I don't imagine they'll just leave players with NO way to obtain said skins either, if that day comes.

    Actually I hate to say it Mando but your wrong you can not simply unlock it by playing it Online then use it Offline. I have two accounts one I opened up everything by grinding, the other I opened up via The Special Edition. My main account did NOT have the skins I opened up in the game (that the Special Edition opens) Offline. So it doesn't matter what you do, ether way Offline the skins are not there. Only the ones from launch.

    Really? So when you're offline in the normal edition, the skins you unlocked with credits are definitely not available at all?? I've yet to try that to be honest.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

    Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

    #SoloPlayers

    Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^


  • Llunots wrote: »
    Hey people, I think we should ask for all skins to be free offline. There will be a time where the game won't have multiplayer and then what? The skins that weren't bought won't be able to be played? I think it is very important, as important as when they added IA. What do you think? If you agree to spread the word on this forum please do it.
    I personally can't stay without doing anything about this topic in specific.
    Not all of us have the time to play the game, and the Celebration Edition doesn't unlock the skins when being offline.

    I understand not wanting to lose content, but this IS the game, if you really don't have time to even play it to unlock skins (you can even do this by playing IA albeit at a slower rate), then equally you don't have time to use said skins if they were even made available to you.

    I'm all for asking for more good stuff, but this seems a little much to me. That's literally the game after all.

    Also, as someone else said, would deactivating the multiplayer modes be the same thing as not allowing us to play online at all? I'm not sure. I haven't stuck with a shooter long enough to see if that's the case.

    I don't imagine they'll just leave players with NO way to obtain said skins either, if that day comes.

    Actually I hate to say it Mando but your wrong you can not simply unlock it by playing it Online then use it Offline. I have two accounts one I opened up everything by grinding, the other I opened up via The Special Edition. My main account did NOT have the skins I opened up in the game (that the Special Edition opens) Offline. So it doesn't matter what you do, ether way Offline the skins are not there. Only the ones from launch.

    Really? So when you're offline in the normal edition, the skins you unlocked with credits are definitely not available at all?? I've yet to try that to be honest.

    the skins ive bought with credits are available to me offline. just not the ce stuff.

  • Llunots
    438 posts Member
    Llunots wrote: »
    Llunots wrote: »
    Hey people, I think we should ask for all skins to be free offline. There will be a time where the game won't have multiplayer and then what? The skins that weren't bought won't be able to be played? I think it is very important, as important as when they added IA. What do you think? If you agree to spread the word on this forum please do it.
    I personally can't stay without doing anything about this topic in specific.
    Not all of us have the time to play the game, and the Celebration Edition doesn't unlock the skins when being offline.

    You can earn credits by playing as long as you are connected to Ea's servers, even if you are playing the offline modes. I imagine if we ever get to the point that they are going to drop the servers, that's when all the skins would be available offline.

    And what if they forget about it? Remember Battlefront 2015? We never received more skirmish maps or skins available offline. And on this game Arcade is being forgottten.

    @Gothic_Mando What do you say to this? How do we know it isn't going to happen like 2015 Battlefront?
  • Llunots wrote: »
    Llunots wrote: »
    Llunots wrote: »
    Hey people, I think we should ask for all skins to be free offline. There will be a time where the game won't have multiplayer and then what? The skins that weren't bought won't be able to be played? I think it is very important, as important as when they added IA. What do you think? If you agree to spread the word on this forum please do it.
    I personally can't stay without doing anything about this topic in specific.
    Not all of us have the time to play the game, and the Celebration Edition doesn't unlock the skins when being offline.

    You can earn credits by playing as long as you are connected to Ea's servers, even if you are playing the offline modes. I imagine if we ever get to the point that they are going to drop the servers, that's when all the skins would be available offline.

    And what if they forget about it? Remember Battlefront 2015? We never received more skirmish maps or skins available offline. And on this game Arcade is being forgottten.

    @Gothic_Mando What do you say to this? How do we know it isn't going to happen like 2015 Battlefront?

    im not mando, but i think we can trust them more at this point. skins or not, they are doing an epic job with offline right now. bringing instant action for all three eras, with awesome customization of those with more to come and bringing a new offline way to play soon (coop hopefully). which will bring all the maps basically offline.
  • Llunots wrote: »
    Llunots wrote: »
    Llunots wrote: »
    Hey people, I think we should ask for all skins to be free offline. There will be a time where the game won't have multiplayer and then what? The skins that weren't bought won't be able to be played? I think it is very important, as important as when they added IA. What do you think? If you agree to spread the word on this forum please do it.
    I personally can't stay without doing anything about this topic in specific.
    Not all of us have the time to play the game, and the Celebration Edition doesn't unlock the skins when being offline.

    You can earn credits by playing as long as you are connected to Ea's servers, even if you are playing the offline modes. I imagine if we ever get to the point that they are going to drop the servers, that's when all the skins would be available offline.

    And what if they forget about it? Remember Battlefront 2015? We never received more skirmish maps or skins available offline. And on this game Arcade is being forgottten.

    @Gothic_Mando What do you say to this? How do we know it isn't going to happen like 2015 Battlefront?

    im not mando, but i think we can trust them more at this point. skins or not, they are doing an epic job with offline right now. bringing instant action for all three eras, with awesome customization of those with more to come and bringing a new offline way to play soon (coop hopefully). which will bring all the maps basically offline.

    Skirmish was pretty much a one-and-done deal. They added it to the game and never touched it again. It got a few bug fixes here and there, but for the most part was left unfinished, and never saw a single DLC map added.

    Instant Action, by contrast, was added to the game in September of last year and has gotten a ton of support since. We've gotten Sequel Trilogy maps, significant updates and bug fixes, additional customization options, friendly Hero AI and Vehicle AI... and in the next update we'll be getting Original Trilogy maps, including Scarif, plus the new Attack/Defend modes, and maybe even more that we don't know about.

    Things have changed. Single player in Star Wars: Battlefront is seeing support like it never has before. This is what we've been asking for since 2015, and it's just the beginning. By the end of the year we could see Galactic Assault, Starfighter Assault, and Heroes Vs. Villains added to Instant Action. Those were the big 3 game modes for the first year of the game... and since the introduction of Supremacy and Co-op, Galactic Assault and Starfighter Assault have been getting fewer players.

    We're not getting Galactic Assault buddy. They've said this a few times now. And with the addition of Missions/Co-op coming offline, there isn't a reason for the devs to bring it over. They've already said they can't do the maps that involves firing the EMP's at moving vehicles. That leaves the maps that just involve capturing or pushing buttons. Which is 'really' similar to Missions/Co-op. They just aren't going to put in work for only a handful of maps that play almost exactly like Co-op.

    Starfighter Assault I'm still hopeful for. Heroes vs. Villains I could see, but I definitely would want Starfighter Assault first.
  • Llunots wrote: »
    Llunots wrote: »
    Llunots wrote: »
    Hey people, I think we should ask for all skins to be free offline. There will be a time where the game won't have multiplayer and then what? The skins that weren't bought won't be able to be played? I think it is very important, as important as when they added IA. What do you think? If you agree to spread the word on this forum please do it.
    I personally can't stay without doing anything about this topic in specific.
    Not all of us have the time to play the game, and the Celebration Edition doesn't unlock the skins when being offline.

    You can earn credits by playing as long as you are connected to Ea's servers, even if you are playing the offline modes. I imagine if we ever get to the point that they are going to drop the servers, that's when all the skins would be available offline.

    And what if they forget about it? Remember Battlefront 2015? We never received more skirmish maps or skins available offline. And on this game Arcade is being forgottten.

    @Gothic_Mando What do you say to this? How do we know it isn't going to happen like 2015 Battlefront?

    im not mando, but i think we can trust them more at this point. skins or not, they are doing an epic job with offline right now. bringing instant action for all three eras, with awesome customization of those with more to come and bringing a new offline way to play soon (coop hopefully). which will bring all the maps basically offline.

    Skirmish was pretty much a one-and-done deal. They added it to the game and never touched it again. It got a few bug fixes here and there, but for the most part was left unfinished, and never saw a single DLC map added.

    Instant Action, by contrast, was added to the game in September of last year and has gotten a ton of support since. We've gotten Sequel Trilogy maps, significant updates and bug fixes, additional customization options, friendly Hero AI and Vehicle AI... and in the next update we'll be getting Original Trilogy maps, including Scarif, plus the new Attack/Defend modes, and maybe even more that we don't know about.

    Things have changed. Single player in Star Wars: Battlefront is seeing support like it never has before. This is what we've been asking for since 2015, and it's just the beginning. By the end of the year we could see Galactic Assault, Starfighter Assault, and Heroes Vs. Villains added to Instant Action. Those were the big 3 game modes for the first year of the game... and since the introduction of Supremacy and Co-op, Galactic Assault and Starfighter Assault have been getting fewer players.

    We're not getting Galactic Assault buddy. They've said this a few times now. And with the addition of Missions/Co-op coming offline, there isn't a reason for the devs to bring it over. They've already said they can't do the maps that involves firing the EMP's at moving vehicles. That leaves the maps that just involve capturing or pushing buttons. Which is 'really' similar to Missions/Co-op. They just aren't going to put in work for only a handful of maps that play almost exactly like Co-op.

    Starfighter Assault I'm still hopeful for. Heroes vs. Villains I could see, but I definitely would want Starfighter Assault first.

    If we find that these “missions” modes come to offline, I hope that the additional environmental fx like the creatures, and Imperials capturing Rebel prisoners that are in GA also find their way into these modes. It makes for a much more immersive experience.

    And please can STARFIGHTERS be added to offline missions.

    While we’re at it, how about we add the N-1 as a playable ship and add STARFIGHTER ASSAULT TO INSTANT ACTION AS WELL.
  • If they add offline missions, the friendly AI should be able to use all reinforcements. There should be AI vehicles.

    In short, could you imagine if DICE gave us the same modifiers as Instant Action. Playing Offline Missions with 5 AI per side, or maybe, no heroes?

    I can't see DICE not giving us these options in the next update. I just hope Crait is added along with the 2 ST Ship maps and Scarif to these Offline missions.
  • Llunots wrote: »
    Llunots wrote: »
    Llunots wrote: »
    Hey people, I think we should ask for all skins to be free offline. There will be a time where the game won't have multiplayer and then what? The skins that weren't bought won't be able to be played? I think it is very important, as important as when they added IA. What do you think? If you agree to spread the word on this forum please do it.
    I personally can't stay without doing anything about this topic in specific.
    Not all of us have the time to play the game, and the Celebration Edition doesn't unlock the skins when being offline.

    You can earn credits by playing as long as you are connected to Ea's servers, even if you are playing the offline modes. I imagine if we ever get to the point that they are going to drop the servers, that's when all the skins would be available offline.

    And what if they forget about it? Remember Battlefront 2015? We never received more skirmish maps or skins available offline. And on this game Arcade is being forgottten.

    @Gothic_Mando What do you say to this? How do we know it isn't going to happen like 2015 Battlefront?

    im not mando, but i think we can trust them more at this point. skins or not, they are doing an epic job with offline right now. bringing instant action for all three eras, with awesome customization of those with more to come and bringing a new offline way to play soon (coop hopefully). which will bring all the maps basically offline.

    Skirmish was pretty much a one-and-done deal. They added it to the game and never touched it again. It got a few bug fixes here and there, but for the most part was left unfinished, and never saw a single DLC map added.

    Instant Action, by contrast, was added to the game in September of last year and has gotten a ton of support since. We've gotten Sequel Trilogy maps, significant updates and bug fixes, additional customization options, friendly Hero AI and Vehicle AI... and in the next update we'll be getting Original Trilogy maps, including Scarif, plus the new Attack/Defend modes, and maybe even more that we don't know about.

    Things have changed. Single player in Star Wars: Battlefront is seeing support like it never has before. This is what we've been asking for since 2015, and it's just the beginning. By the end of the year we could see Galactic Assault, Starfighter Assault, and Heroes Vs. Villains added to Instant Action. Those were the big 3 game modes for the first year of the game... and since the introduction of Supremacy and Co-op, Galactic Assault and Starfighter Assault have been getting fewer players.

    I would love to play HvV and co-op offline in split screen.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    If they add offline missions, the friendly AI should be able to use all reinforcements. There should be AI vehicles.

    In short, could you imagine if DICE gave us the same modifiers as Instant Action. Playing Offline Missions with 5 AI per side, or maybe, no heroes?

    Friendly heroes and reinforcements are present in the WIP mode so can't imagine they would take them out, will be needed to make up for lack of 3 human players.

    Modifiers also shown and adjustable in mission WIP, including vehicle AI, but at present doesn't affect numbers at all and no vehicles. With any luck the modifiers will be present and working on release as well as vehicles.
  • Sop_Plyn wrote: »
    Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    If they add offline missions, the friendly AI should be able to use all reinforcements. There should be AI vehicles.

    In short, could you imagine if DICE gave us the same modifiers as Instant Action. Playing Offline Missions with 5 AI per side, or maybe, no heroes?

    Friendly heroes and reinforcements are present in the WIP mode so can't imagine they would take them out, will be needed to make up for lack of 3 human players.

    Modifiers also shown and adjustable in mission WIP, including vehicle AI, but at present doesn't affect numbers at all and no vehicles. With any luck the modifiers will be present and working on release as well as vehicles.

    Awesome to hear. Really excited for this!
  • Llunots wrote: »
    Llunots wrote: »
    Llunots wrote: »
    Hey people, I think we should ask for all skins to be free offline. There will be a time where the game won't have multiplayer and then what? The skins that weren't bought won't be able to be played? I think it is very important, as important as when they added IA. What do you think? If you agree to spread the word on this forum please do it.
    I personally can't stay without doing anything about this topic in specific.
    Not all of us have the time to play the game, and the Celebration Edition doesn't unlock the skins when being offline.

    You can earn credits by playing as long as you are connected to Ea's servers, even if you are playing the offline modes. I imagine if we ever get to the point that they are going to drop the servers, that's when all the skins would be available offline.

    And what if they forget about it? Remember Battlefront 2015? We never received more skirmish maps or skins available offline. And on this game Arcade is being forgottten.

    @Gothic_Mando What do you say to this? How do we know it isn't going to happen like 2015 Battlefront?

    im not mando, but i think we can trust them more at this point. skins or not, they are doing an epic job with offline right now. bringing instant action for all three eras, with awesome customization of those with more to come and bringing a new offline way to play soon (coop hopefully). which will bring all the maps basically offline.

    Skirmish was pretty much a one-and-done deal. They added it to the game and never touched it again. It got a few bug fixes here and there, but for the most part was left unfinished, and never saw a single DLC map added.

    Instant Action, by contrast, was added to the game in September of last year and has gotten a ton of support since. We've gotten Sequel Trilogy maps, significant updates and bug fixes, additional customization options, friendly Hero AI and Vehicle AI... and in the next update we'll be getting Original Trilogy maps, including Scarif, plus the new Attack/Defend modes, and maybe even more that we don't know about.

    Things have changed. Single player in Star Wars: Battlefront is seeing support like it never has before. This is what we've been asking for since 2015, and it's just the beginning. By the end of the year we could see Galactic Assault, Starfighter Assault, and Heroes Vs. Villains added to Instant Action. Those were the big 3 game modes for the first year of the game... and since the introduction of Supremacy and Co-op, Galactic Assault and Starfighter Assault have been getting fewer players.

    We're not getting Galactic Assault buddy. They've said this a few times now. And with the addition of Missions/Co-op coming offline, there isn't a reason for the devs to bring it over. They've already said they can't do the maps that involves firing the EMP's at moving vehicles. That leaves the maps that just involve capturing or pushing buttons. Which is 'really' similar to Missions/Co-op. They just aren't going to put in work for only a handful of maps that play almost exactly like Co-op.

    Starfighter Assault I'm still hopeful for. Heroes vs. Villains I could see, but I definitely would want Starfighter Assault first.

    That was then. This is now. DICE is clearly capable of creating more advanced AI than they were two years ago; it wouldn't be too far a stretch to get the current AI to pick up and use the ION Disruptor and Portable Rocket Launcher.

    Galactic Assault also has a number of things that aren't it Co-op and Instant Action, like the AT-AT, MTT, T-47 Airspeeder, Ski Speeder, N-1 Starfighter, U-Wing, LAAT, and so on. To get the complete Battlefront II sandbox offline, we would need Galactic Assault for Instant Action.

    i definitely think its possible. even in bf 2015 there were ai snow speeders taking down at at in walker assault. but who knows. i wouldnt hold my breathe, but it would be an amazing edition to the offline. im just ready for this next update to come.
  • Is anyone else aware of the current glitch were First Order Jet Troopers won't appear as AI in Instant Action? I haven't seen them in weeks. Hoping they fix it in the next update.
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • Is anyone else aware of the current glitch were First Order Jet Troopers won't appear as AI in Instant Action? I haven't seen them in weeks. Hoping they fix it in the next update.

    Yes! They haven't appeared in IA or coop since the last update at least. I made a report about 3 weeks ago on bug section, hopefully it's been noted and fixed for April 🙏
  • Gothic_Mando
    2047 posts Member
    edited March 31
    Llunots wrote: »
    Hey people, I think we should ask for all skins to be free offline. There will be a time where the game won't have multiplayer and then what? The skins that weren't bought won't be able to be played? I think it is very important, as important as when they added IA. What do you think? If you agree to spread the word on this forum please do it.
    I personally can't stay without doing anything about this topic in specific.
    Not all of us have the time to play the game, and the Celebration Edition doesn't unlock the skins when being offline.

    I understand not wanting to lose content, but this IS the game, if you really don't have time to even play it to unlock skins (you can even do this by playing IA albeit at a slower rate), then equally you don't have time to use said skins if they were even made available to you.

    I'm all for asking for more good stuff, but this seems a little much to me. That's literally the game after all.

    Also, as someone else said, would deactivating the multiplayer modes be the same thing as not allowing us to play online at all? I'm not sure. I haven't stuck with a shooter long enough to see if that's the case.

    I don't imagine they'll just leave players with NO way to obtain said skins either, if that day comes.

    Actually I hate to say it Mando but your wrong you can not simply unlock it by playing it Online then use it Offline. I have two accounts one I opened up everything by grinding, the other I opened up via The Special Edition. My main account did NOT have the skins I opened up in the game (that the Special Edition opens) Offline. So it doesn't matter what you do, ether way Offline the skins are not there. Only the ones from launch.

    Really? So when you're offline in the normal edition, the skins you unlocked with credits are definitely not available at all?? I've yet to try that to be honest.

    the skins ive bought with credits are available to me offline. just not the ce stuff.

    I thought so, good. Hopefully they can do something about the CE stuff but... Unsure how they could.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

    Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

    #SoloPlayers

    Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^


  • Gothic_Mando
    2047 posts Member
    edited March 31
    Is anyone else aware of the current glitch were First Order Jet Troopers won't appear as AI in Instant Action? I haven't seen them in weeks. Hoping they fix it in the next update.

    I think the Devs said several weeks back they were bringing Boba Fett AI to online Co-op soon (I don't play Rebels, so am unsure if this has arrived yet?)

    So I assume given their similar flight mechanic that they're tweaking the FO Jet Trooper in conjunction with that?
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

    Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

    #SoloPlayers

    Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^


  • Gothic_Mando
    2047 posts Member
    edited March 31
    Llunots wrote: »
    Llunots wrote: »
    Llunots wrote: »
    Hey people, I think we should ask for all skins to be free offline. There will be a time where the game won't have multiplayer and then what? The skins that weren't bought won't be able to be played? I think it is very important, as important as when they added IA. What do you think? If you agree to spread the word on this forum please do it.
    I personally can't stay without doing anything about this topic in specific.
    Not all of us have the time to play the game, and the Celebration Edition doesn't unlock the skins when being offline.

    You can earn credits by playing as long as you are connected to Ea's servers, even if you are playing the offline modes. I imagine if we ever get to the point that they are going to drop the servers, that's when all the skins would be available offline.

    And what if they forget about it? Remember Battlefront 2015? We never received more skirmish maps or skins available offline. And on this game Arcade is being forgottten.

    @Gothic_Mando What do you say to this? How do we know it isn't going to happen like 2015 Battlefront?

    I say what several others are saying here, the support around Skirmish was vastly different to that of Instant Action. It's already gotten so much more post-launch that you can't claim they've simply forgotten about it and more great stuff is coming too.

    All I'll say (and this applies to Arcade too), is we have to be realistic here.

    The game is probably too big to possibly support EVERYTHING with the level of consistency everyone wants, which means the Devs have no choice but to prioritise.

    Which sadly means, stuff gets left out.

    It's a harsh truth, but even in spite of that, we've come out really well in this game.

    And if you don't see it that way?..well...I'm not sure what else to say to you, maybe it's just not for you? Or maybe you got unlucky by wanting X feature they didn't prioritise. It's a huge game with lots of priorities.

    Ask for as much as you want, but don't expect it all to come to fruition.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

    Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

    #SoloPlayers

    Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^


  • I personally believe a sequel (should that happen), would benefit from fewer modes, but deciding which modes make it in, is by no means an enviable task.

    But that's getting off-topic.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

    Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

    #SoloPlayers

    Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^


  • I personally believe a sequel (should that happen), would benefit from fewer modes, but deciding which modes make it in, is by no means an enviable task.

    But that's getting off-topic.

    Well, if they do make SWBF3, they still need the online modes to have parity with offline. Not 1:1, but give us full access to the same maps,heroes, vehicles and gameplay and we'll be fine. I do think we are in the end stages of this game's life cycle. Can anyone name a time other than launch when we did not have a roadmap?
  • After someone mentioned the one-hit kill setting in arcade I've tried it out and I must say I've never had so much fun in arcade. It's a game changer, not only do you have to be very careful (it actually reminds me alot on playing old Rainbow Six and ArmA), the battles also look like in the movies.

    However I couldn't find the setting for the instant action mode, am I missing something?
    If it's not there, what do you guys think, should it be implemented at some point? As for me I would really like it, however I think there might be balancing issues regarding vehicles. They could give vehicles enough HP to withstand blaster fire, but be instantly killed by heavier stuff, or just leave the vehicle HP as it is. On the other hand, it's an offline mode, so balancing is not such an issue.

    Also regarding arcade, do you think they will add the option to increase the amount of bots to say 16 or 20 per team?
    Some maps feel rather empty with 10v10.
  • After someone mentioned the one-hit kill setting in arcade I've tried it out and I must say I've never had so much fun in arcade. It's a game changer, not only do you have to be very careful (it actually reminds me alot on playing old Rainbow Six and ArmA), the battles also look like in the movies.

    However I couldn't find the setting for the instant action mode, am I missing something?
    If it's not there, what do you guys think, should it be implemented at some point? As for me I would really like it, however I think there might be balancing issues regarding vehicles. They could give vehicles enough HP to withstand blaster fire, but be instantly killed by heavier stuff, or just leave the vehicle HP as it is. On the other hand, it's an offline mode, so balancing is not such an issue.

    Also regarding arcade, do you think they will add the option to increase the amount of bots to say 16 or 20 per team?
    Some maps feel rather empty with 10v10.

    I think Arcade is as dead a mode as Galactic Assault is, unfortunately. I'd love for instant action to have more modifiers like arcade has, but we'll see.
  • Llunots wrote: »
    Llunots wrote: »
    Llunots wrote: »
    Hey people, I think we should ask for all skins to be free offline. There will be a time where the game won't have multiplayer and then what? The skins that weren't bought won't be able to be played? I think it is very important, as important as when they added IA. What do you think? If you agree to spread the word on this forum please do it.
    I personally can't stay without doing anything about this topic in specific.
    Not all of us have the time to play the game, and the Celebration Edition doesn't unlock the skins when being offline.

    You can earn credits by playing as long as you are connected to Ea's servers, even if you are playing the offline modes. I imagine if we ever get to the point that they are going to drop the servers, that's when all the skins would be available offline.

    And what if they forget about it? Remember Battlefront 2015? We never received more skirmish maps or skins available offline. And on this game Arcade is being forgottten.

    @Gothic_Mando What do you say to this? How do we know it isn't going to happen like 2015 Battlefront?

    im not mando, but i think we can trust them more at this point. skins or not, they are doing an epic job with offline right now. bringing instant action for all three eras, with awesome customization of those with more to come and bringing a new offline way to play soon (coop hopefully). which will bring all the maps basically offline.

    Skirmish was pretty much a one-and-done deal. They added it to the game and never touched it again. It got a few bug fixes here and there, but for the most part was left unfinished, and never saw a single DLC map added.

    Instant Action, by contrast, was added to the game in September of last year and has gotten a ton of support since. We've gotten Sequel Trilogy maps, significant updates and bug fixes, additional customization options, friendly Hero AI and Vehicle AI... and in the next update we'll be getting Original Trilogy maps, including Scarif, plus the new Attack/Defend modes, and maybe even more that we don't know about.

    Things have changed. Single player in Star Wars: Battlefront is seeing support like it never has before. This is what we've been asking for since 2015, and it's just the beginning. By the end of the year we could see Galactic Assault, Starfighter Assault, and Heroes Vs. Villains added to Instant Action. Those were the big 3 game modes for the first year of the game... and since the introduction of Supremacy and Co-op, Galactic Assault and Starfighter Assault have been getting fewer players.

    We're not getting Galactic Assault buddy. They've said this a few times now. And with the addition of Missions/Co-op coming offline, there isn't a reason for the devs to bring it over. They've already said they can't do the maps that involves firing the EMP's at moving vehicles. That leaves the maps that just involve capturing or pushing buttons. Which is 'really' similar to Missions/Co-op. They just aren't going to put in work for only a handful of maps that play almost exactly like Co-op.

    Starfighter Assault I'm still hopeful for. Heroes vs. Villains I could see, but I definitely would want Starfighter Assault first.

    That was then. This is now. DICE is clearly capable of creating more advanced AI than they were two years ago; it wouldn't be too far a stretch to get the current AI to pick up and use the ION Disruptor and Portable Rocket Launcher.

    Galactic Assault also has a number of things that aren't it Co-op and Instant Action, like the AT-AT, MTT, T-47 Airspeeder, Ski Speeder, N-1 Starfighter, U-Wing, LAAT, and so on. To get the complete Battlefront II sandbox offline, we would need Galactic Assault for Instant Action.

    I'm not disagreeing with you that I'd love to see it offline. As a huge fan of offline modes, I'd love it and it would probably be my most played mode.

    But be realistic here. This game at its heart is still an online game first. There's no question about the fact that the game is winding down either (I'd say between the Scarif update and the end of 2020 is when we'll be getting the last content update). One of the reasons we got Instant Action and soon to be Missions, is because bots were already implemented for the respective online modes (Supremacy and Co-op). Galactic Assault does not have bots programmed for it (besides a test in Death Star II found in the files). Considering it's already a dead online mode (they've said themselves they're focusing on Supremacy, Co-op, and HvV), putting in the work to get 13 maps playable with bots is not on their mind. Sure, it's not impossible for them to get the bots to play the objective like they did in Skirmish, but I can all but guarantee it's not on their radar. I'm not trying to be a **** here, and I don't mean to come off so blunt. But you're hoping for something that just isn't going to happen. I'm just asking nobody here get their hopes up for something that is almost guaranteed not to come. You're setting yourself up for disappointment. Enjoy Supremacy offline as well as that wonderful Missions mode we'll be getting that includes almost every map in the game (minus Crait... That I even admit, I'm still hoping for). Again, pardon my rant, I promise I'm not trying to sound mean here.
  • Nothing mean about being realistic. It's all valid. I don't believe offline Galactic Assault is coming either.

    Any claims that the "AI is now good enough to pick up and fire weapons" is just an assumption on your part, without any proof. Is there any proof?

    I feel Instant Action, Missions and Starfighter Assault would offer enough of the online experience, even if that isn't all of it.

    I don't think SA will come either, but still, I'm satisfied.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

    Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

    #SoloPlayers

    Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^


  • Starmasui73146
    2087 posts Member
    edited April 2

    But be realistic here. This game at its heart is still an online game first. There's no question about the fact that the game is winding down either (I'd say between the Scarif update and the end of 2020 is when we'll be getting the last content update).
    Well with that negative spirit you will probably convince the devs to quit. Seriously bro stop willing it into being. Hasn't anybody ever told you words have power. Words can bless or curse things. Stop cursing this games future and instead speak longevity and abundance over it.
    It is a scientific fact positive attitude and laughter boast the human immune system. So how about boasting this games system. Encourage the devs, give them a reason to fight for the game. Don't have a doom & gloom, quitter attitude.

    Sure it's important to let them know when they go astray, but as a whole, positivity and encouragement probably does way more good in the end.
    One of the reasons we got "Instant Action" and soon to be "Missions", is because bots were already implemented for the respective online modes ("Supremacy" and "Co-op"

    Ummm not exactly, "Supremacy" originally did not have A.I. troops. "Co-Op" and "Instant Action" came later. Aaaaaand we wound up with "Instant Action" completely by sheer luck. A manager stumbled on to an A.I. program a game level designer had made, to test out updates. The manager was so impressed that they created several game modes around it.
    “There is always hope.”

  • But be realistic here. This game at its heart is still an online game first. There's no question about the fact that the game is winding down either (I'd say between the Scarif update and the end of 2020 is when we'll be getting the last content update).
    Well with that negative spirit you will probably convince the devs to quit. Seriously bro stop willing it into being. Hasn't anybody ever told you words have power. Words can bless or curse things. Stop cursing this games future and instead speak longevity and abundance over it.
    It is a scientific fact positive attitude and laughter boast the human immune system. So how about boasting this games system. Encourage the devs, give them a reason to fight for the game. Don't have a doom & gloom, quitter attitude.

    Sure it's important to let them know when they go astray, but as a whole, positivity and encouragement probably does way more good in the end.
    One of the reasons we got "Instant Action" and soon to be "Missions", is because bots were already implemented for the respective online modes ("Supremacy" and "Co-op"

    Ummm not exactly, "Supremacy" originally did not have A.I. troops. "Co-Op" and "Instant Action" came later. Aaaaaand we wound up with "Instant Action" completely by sheer luck. A manager stumbled on to an A.I. program a game level designer had made, to test out updates. The manager was so impressed that they created several game modes around it.

    Supremacy did have AI troops from Day 1. After Supremacy came out, there was a period of about a week where they took them out to fix them, that might be what you're thinking of. They just didn't make the offline mode Instant Action until later. Either way, AI bots have been developed for online modes first, THEN made into offline versions. Online is still very much at the front of their mind, but I greatly appreciate them thinking about us offline players as well.

    It's not a doom and gloom attitude sir, it's being realistic. I'm extremely grateful for everything the devs have given offline players like myself. But hoping for things such as offline Galactic Assault just isn't realistic. Like I said, they have the capabilities, I just guarantee they will spend time elsewhere and not on that.

    I'm going to continue to enjoy Supremacy, will most definitely enjoy Missions, and am still hoping for Starfighter Assault to come offline. The fact that there is AI already present in the mode makes me think it has a higher chance than other modes to come offline.
  • Starmasui73146
    2087 posts Member
    edited April 2
    But be realistic here. This game at its heart is still an online game first. There's no question about the fact that the game is winding down either (I'd say between the Scarif update and the end of 2020 is when we'll be getting the last content update).

    One of the reasons we got "Instant Action" and soon to be "Missions", is because bots were already implemented for the respective online modes ("Supremacy" and "Co-op".





    But be realistic here. This game at its heart is still an online game first. There's no question about the fact that the game is winding down either (I'd say between the Scarif update and the end of 2020 is when we'll be getting the last content update).
    Well with that negative spirit you will probably convince the devs to quit. Seriously bro stop willing it into being. Hasn't anybody ever told you words have power. Words can bless or curse things. Stop cursing this games future and instead speak longevity and abundance over it.
    It is a scientific fact positive attitude and laughter boast the human immune system. So how about boasting this games system. Encourage the devs, give them a reason to fight for the game. Don't have a doom & gloom, quitter attitude.

    Sure it's important to let them know when they go astray, but as a whole, positivity and encouragement probably does way more good in the end.
    One of the reasons we got "Instant Action" and soon to be "Missions", is because bots were already implemented for the respective online modes ("Supremacy" and "Co-op"

    Ummm not exactly, "Supremacy" originally did not have A.I. troops. "Co-Op" and "Instant Action" came later. Aaaaaand we wound up with "Instant Action" completely by sheer luck. A manager stumbled on to an A.I. program a game level designer had made, to test out updates. The manager was so impressed that they created several game modes around it.


    After Supremacy came out, there was a period of about a week where they took them out to fix them, that might be what you're thinking of. They just didn't make the offline mode Instant Action until later.

    🤔🧐 I suppose your memory on that one is better then mine. Okay thanks, moving on.
    -AI bots have been developed for online modes first,

    I suppose. I guess it really depends on the date he designed the A.I. program. 🤔🧐
    It's not a doom and gloom attitude sir, it's being realistic. I'm extremely grateful for everything the devs have given offline players like myself. But hoping for things such as offline Galactic Assault just isn't realistic. Like I said, they have the capabilities, I just guarantee they will spend time elsewhere and not on that.

    Hmmm okay, here let me better summarize what I was trying to say: People are highly susceptible to suggestion. The devs may not have even had it cross their mind to stop supporting the game after the Scarif update but "now" you have placed that thought in their head. Words are like gangrene...it spreads. If the wrong thoughts go in, the effects can have a ripple effect. That's all's I am trying to say. So you might not have intended it but the effects never the less are the same. Peace. 🙏


    “There is always hope.”
  • Nothing mean about being realistic. It's all valid. I don't believe offline Galactic Assault is coming either.

    Any claims that the "AI is now good enough to pick up and fire weapons" is just an assumption on your part, without any proof. Is there any proof?

    I feel Instant Action, Missions and Starfighter Assault would offer enough of the online experience, even if that isn't all of it.

    I don't think SA will come either, but still, I'm satisfied.

    I'd love missions and HvV in split screen.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • But be realistic here. This game at its heart is still an online game first. There's no question about the fact that the game is winding down either (I'd say between the Scarif update and the end of 2020 is when we'll be getting the last content update).

    One of the reasons we got "Instant Action" and soon to be "Missions", is because bots were already implemented for the respective online modes ("Supremacy" and "Co-op".





    But be realistic here. This game at its heart is still an online game first. There's no question about the fact that the game is winding down either (I'd say between the Scarif update and the end of 2020 is when we'll be getting the last content update).
    Well with that negative spirit you will probably convince the devs to quit. Seriously bro stop willing it into being. Hasn't anybody ever told you words have power. Words can bless or curse things. Stop cursing this games future and instead speak longevity and abundance over it.
    It is a scientific fact positive attitude and laughter boast the human immune system. So how about boasting this games system. Encourage the devs, give them a reason to fight for the game. Don't have a doom & gloom, quitter attitude.

    Sure it's important to let them know when they go astray, but as a whole, positivity and encouragement probably does way more good in the end.
    One of the reasons we got "Instant Action" and soon to be "Missions", is because bots were already implemented for the respective online modes ("Supremacy" and "Co-op"

    Ummm not exactly, "Supremacy" originally did not have A.I. troops. "Co-Op" and "Instant Action" came later. Aaaaaand we wound up with "Instant Action" completely by sheer luck. A manager stumbled on to an A.I. program a game level designer had made, to test out updates. The manager was so impressed that they created several game modes around it.


    After Supremacy came out, there was a period of about a week where they took them out to fix them, that might be what you're thinking of. They just didn't make the offline mode Instant Action until later.

    🤔🧐 I suppose your memory on that one is better then mine. Okay thanks, moving on.
    -AI bots have been developed for online modes first,

    I suppose. I guess it really depends on the date he designed the A.I. program. 🤔🧐
    It's not a doom and gloom attitude sir, it's being realistic. I'm extremely grateful for everything the devs have given offline players like myself. But hoping for things such as offline Galactic Assault just isn't realistic. Like I said, they have the capabilities, I just guarantee they will spend time elsewhere and not on that.

    Hmmm okay, here let me better summarize what I was trying to say: People are highly susceptible to suggestion. The devs may not have even had it cross their mind to stop supporting the game after the Scarif update but "now" you have placed that thought in their head. Words are like gangrene...it spreads. If the wrong thoughts go in, the effects can have a ripple effect. That's all's I am trying to say. So you might not have intended it but the effects never the less are the same. Peace. 🙏


    Uh.... Pretty sure it's EA who decides when support to the game ends... And even if it isn't, I don't think the Devs would be so easily affected by some cynical realism..

    If they were, they would never have gotten past the first hurdle after launch.

    I agree with James. There's a difference between being realistic and being negative. Perhaps it feels overly negative to some because it's suggesting they won't get what they want, but that doesn't actually make it negative. Just subjective and open to interpretation.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

    Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

    #SoloPlayers

    Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^


  • Llunots
    438 posts Member
    The Celebration Edition needs a fix. Content is locked when offline.
  • Starmasui73146
    2087 posts Member
    edited April 3
    But be realistic here. This game at its heart is still an online game first. There's no question about the fact that the game is winding down either (I'd say between the Scarif update and the end of 2020 is when we'll be getting the last content update).

    One of the reasons we got "Instant Action" and soon to be "Missions", is because bots were already implemented for the respective online modes ("Supremacy" and "Co-op".





    But be realistic here. This game at its heart is still an online game first. There's no question about the fact that the game is winding down either (I'd say between the Scarif update and the end of 2020 is when we'll be getting the last content update).
    Well with that negative spirit you will probably convince the devs to quit. Seriously bro stop willing it into being. Hasn't anybody ever told you words have power. Words can bless or curse things. Stop cursing this games future and instead speak longevity and abundance over it.
    It is a scientific fact positive attitude and laughter boast the human immune system. So how about boasting this games system. Encourage the devs, give them a reason to fight for the game. Don't have a doom & gloom, quitter attitude.

    Sure it's important to let them know when they go astray, but as a whole, positivity and encouragement probably does way more good in the end.
    One of the reasons we got "Instant Action" and soon to be "Missions", is because bots were already implemented for the respective online modes ("Supremacy" and "Co-op"

    Ummm not exactly, "Supremacy" originally did not have A.I. troops. "Co-Op" and "Instant Action" came later. Aaaaaand we wound up with "Instant Action" completely by sheer luck. A manager stumbled on to an A.I. program a game level designer had made, to test out updates. The manager was so impressed that they created several game modes around it.


    After Supremacy came out, there was a period of about a week where they took them out to fix them, that might be what you're thinking of. They just didn't make the offline mode Instant Action until later.

    🤔🧐 I suppose your memory on that one is better then mine. Okay thanks, moving on.
    -AI bots have been developed for online modes first,

    I suppose. I guess it really depends on the date he designed the A.I. program. 🤔🧐
    It's not a doom and gloom attitude sir, it's being realistic. I'm extremely grateful for everything the devs have given offline players like myself. But hoping for things such as offline Galactic Assault just isn't realistic. Like I said, they have the capabilities, I just guarantee they will spend time elsewhere and not on that.

    Hmmm okay, here let me better summarize what I was trying to say: People are highly susceptible to suggestion. The devs may not have even had it cross their mind to stop supporting the game after the Scarif update but "now" you have placed that thought in their head. Words are like gangrene...it spreads. If the wrong thoughts go in, the effects can have a ripple effect. That's all's I am trying to say. So you might not have intended it but the effects never the less are the same. Peace. 🙏


    Uh.... Pretty sure it's EA who decides when support to the game ends... And even if it isn't, I don't think the Devs would be so easily affected by some cynical realism..

    If they were, they would never have gotten past the first hurdle after launch.

    I agree with James. There's a difference between being realistic and being negative. Perhaps it feels overly negative to some because it's suggesting they won't get what they want, but that doesn't actually make it negative. Just subjective and open to interpretation.

    Why do so many keep saying realism. Two important people left I get that but new ones can come in. Why the throw in the towel attitude, I don't get it. They implied support would run tell the end of this year. There is 9 whole months of possible content.

    And this has nothing to do with what I want it has to do with stoping this freakin ball of supposed realism you two are spewing. And another thing, things like this roll down hill just like a snow ball. The more you say it, the more believe it and it gets bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger. Until eventual even EA hears about it. So excuse me if I don't bye into your philosophy.

    In all your deliberation crafted speeches you failed to notice the elephant in the room. You think it's no harm no foul but you failed to notice where Ben Walke is going. Ben goes from DICE to EA to be a Producer. That's right. For your words to reach EA only one man need read this thread. Mega radically increasing the odds of such toxic thoughts reaching EA.

    I'm fighting to keep the support of this game through the end of December...we're as you two seem determined to kill it in the next update and no amount of, "We're just being realistic," (P.S.- I hate that kind of thinking. 🙄) will change that.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • But be realistic here. This game at its heart is still an online game first. There's no question about the fact that the game is winding down either (I'd say between the Scarif update and the end of 2020 is when we'll be getting the last content update).

    One of the reasons we got "Instant Action" and soon to be "Missions", is because bots were already implemented for the respective online modes ("Supremacy" and "Co-op".





    But be realistic here. This game at its heart is still an online game first. There's no question about the fact that the game is winding down either (I'd say between the Scarif update and the end of 2020 is when we'll be getting the last content update).
    Well with that negative spirit you will probably convince the devs to quit. Seriously bro stop willing it into being. Hasn't anybody ever told you words have power. Words can bless or curse things. Stop cursing this games future and instead speak longevity and abundance over it.
    It is a scientific fact positive attitude and laughter boast the human immune system. So how about boasting this games system. Encourage the devs, give them a reason to fight for the game. Don't have a doom & gloom, quitter attitude.

    Sure it's important to let them know when they go astray, but as a whole, positivity and encouragement probably does way more good in the end.
    One of the reasons we got "Instant Action" and soon to be "Missions", is because bots were already implemented for the respective online modes ("Supremacy" and "Co-op"

    Ummm not exactly, "Supremacy" originally did not have A.I. troops. "Co-Op" and "Instant Action" came later. Aaaaaand we wound up with "Instant Action" completely by sheer luck. A manager stumbled on to an A.I. program a game level designer had made, to test out updates. The manager was so impressed that they created several game modes around it.


    After Supremacy came out, there was a period of about a week where they took them out to fix them, that might be what you're thinking of. They just didn't make the offline mode Instant Action until later.

    🤔🧐 I suppose your memory on that one is better then mine. Okay thanks, moving on.
    -AI bots have been developed for online modes first,

    I suppose. I guess it really depends on the date he designed the A.I. program. 🤔🧐
    It's not a doom and gloom attitude sir, it's being realistic. I'm extremely grateful for everything the devs have given offline players like myself. But hoping for things such as offline Galactic Assault just isn't realistic. Like I said, they have the capabilities, I just guarantee they will spend time elsewhere and not on that.

    Hmmm okay, here let me better summarize what I was trying to say: People are highly susceptible to suggestion. The devs may not have even had it cross their mind to stop supporting the game after the Scarif update but "now" you have placed that thought in their head. Words are like gangrene...it spreads. If the wrong thoughts go in, the effects can have a ripple effect. That's all's I am trying to say. So you might not have intended it but the effects never the less are the same. Peace. 🙏


    Uh.... Pretty sure it's EA who decides when support to the game ends... And even if it isn't, I don't think the Devs would be so easily affected by some cynical realism..

    If they were, they would never have gotten past the first hurdle after launch.

    I agree with James. There's a difference between being realistic and being negative. Perhaps it feels overly negative to some because it's suggesting they won't get what they want, but that doesn't actually make it negative. Just subjective and open to interpretation.

    Why do so many keep saying realism. Two important people left I get that but new ones can come in. Why the throw in the towel attitude, I don't get it. They implied support would run tell the end of this year. There is 9 whole months of possible content.

    And this has nothing to do with what I want it has to do with stoping this freakin ball of supposed realism you two are spewing. And another thing, things like this roll down hill just like a snow ball. The more you say it, the more believe it and it gets bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger. Until eventual even EA hears about it. So excuse me if I don't bye into your philosophy.

    i agree. realism vs negativity. none of us can say whats realistic for the development team. we have to wait and see and a lot of people are worried about the outcome. but I think we should remain hopeful, and this thread has been more about being hopeful for all of the potential offline content we could get. not shooting down ideas because we want to negotiate with the devs, we have no control and we just have to see, right now we are delayed and I still see there is more to come.
  • Starmasui73146
    2087 posts Member
    edited April 4
    But be realistic here. This game at its heart is still an online game first. There's no question about the fact that the game is winding down either (I'd say between the Scarif update and the end of 2020 is when we'll be getting the last content update).

    One of the reasons we got "Instant Action" and soon to be "Missions", is because bots were already implemented for the respective online modes ("Supremacy" and "Co-op".





    But be realistic here. This game at its heart is still an online game first. There's no question about the fact that the game is winding down either (I'd say between the Scarif update and the end of 2020 is when we'll be getting the last content update).
    Well with that negative spirit you will probably convince the devs to quit. Seriously bro stop willing it into being. Hasn't anybody ever told you words have power. Words can bless or curse things. Stop cursing this games future and instead speak longevity and abundance over it.
    It is a scientific fact positive attitude and laughter boast the human immune system. So how about boasting this games system. Encourage the devs, give them a reason to fight for the game. Don't have a doom & gloom, quitter attitude.

    Sure it's important to let them know when they go astray, but as a whole, positivity and encouragement probably does way more good in the end.
    One of the reasons we got "Instant Action" and soon to be "Missions", is because bots were already implemented for the respective online modes ("Supremacy" and "Co-op"

    Ummm not exactly, "Supremacy" originally did not have A.I. troops. "Co-Op" and "Instant Action" came later. Aaaaaand we wound up with "Instant Action" completely by sheer luck. A manager stumbled on to an A.I. program a game level designer had made, to test out updates. The manager was so impressed that they created several game modes around it.


    After Supremacy came out, there was a period of about a week where they took them out to fix them, that might be what you're thinking of. They just didn't make the offline mode Instant Action until later.

    🤔🧐 I suppose your memory on that one is better then mine. Okay thanks, moving on.
    -AI bots have been developed for online modes first,

    I suppose. I guess it really depends on the date he designed the A.I. program. 🤔🧐
    It's not a doom and gloom attitude sir, it's being realistic. I'm extremely grateful for everything the devs have given offline players like myself. But hoping for things such as offline Galactic Assault just isn't realistic. Like I said, they have the capabilities, I just guarantee they will spend time elsewhere and not on that.

    Hmmm okay, here let me better summarize what I was trying to say: People are highly susceptible to suggestion. The devs may not have even had it cross their mind to stop supporting the game after the Scarif update but "now" you have placed that thought in their head. Words are like gangrene...it spreads. If the wrong thoughts go in, the effects can have a ripple effect. That's all's I am trying to say. So you might not have intended it but the effects never the less are the same. Peace. 🙏


    Uh.... Pretty sure it's EA who decides when support to the game ends... And even if it isn't, I don't think the Devs would be so easily affected by some cynical realism..

    If they were, they would never have gotten past the first hurdle after launch.

    I agree with James. There's a difference between being realistic and being negative. Perhaps it feels overly negative to some because it's suggesting they won't get what they want, but that doesn't actually make it negative. Just subjective and open to interpretation.

    Why do so many keep saying realism. Two important people left I get that but new ones can come in. Why the throw in the towel attitude, I don't get it. They implied support would run tell the end of this year. There is 9 whole months of possible content.

    And this has nothing to do with what I want it has to do with stoping this freakin ball of supposed realism you two are spewing. And another thing, things like this roll down hill just like a snow ball. The more you say it, the more believe it and it gets bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger. Until eventual even EA hears about it. So excuse me if I don't bye into your philosophy.

    I agree. Realism vs Negativity. None of us can say what's realistic for the development team. We have to wait and see and a lot of people are worried about the outcome. But I think we should remain hopeful, and this thread has been more about being hopeful for all of the potential Offline content we could get. Not shooting down ideas because we want to negotiate with the devs, we have no control and we just have to see, right now we are delayed and I still see there is more to come.

    Exactly. 🤗 Hey for all we know EA will see this game as a cash cow and let DICE keep cranking out skins for purchase well into even 2021. Hey it could happen, you never know.

    To the Realists..

    Let's keep this game alive people.

    The longer it lasts:
    (1.) the cooler it gets
    (2.) people wont move on and the multiplayer wont become a ghost town (at least not yet)
    (3.) the longer we get to play it on the servers

    Our struggles on this thread has made this game phenomenally better then it was at launch. Lets not forget what we were fighting for. Lets not assume also that continuing to support the game wont further launch it into "Greatest Star Wars Game Ever." 😎👍🏼🤗


    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Starmasui73146
    2087 posts Member
    edited April 4
    I found this fascinating post on another thread.

    Here's a post from Ben Walke in 2019. Notice he said "we're" excited. If that was in Nov it seems likely they do not intend to just walk away.
    F8RGE wrote: »
    We're almost two years past launch and turned up to gamescom with one of our biggest announcements and capture events since launch, if not the biggest.

    We're excited for the future.
    Besides...other posts recently by other folks about SWBF3 say it's dead in the water, thus there is a much higher chance that this games life will be extended. Until that gets off the ground, if it ever does.
    lowell wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    If the Celebration Edition is this game's Ultimate Edition, then they should've named it so. I think it was just another way to fund the dev team for a little while.

    The ultimate edition wasn't supposed to be the end of BF2015 either, that didn't stop the development from being cut short right after Rogue One launched. Tomato, tomato, the name doesn't define it. Its the concept itself, if you think being called the celebration edition somehow doesn't make it the ultimate edition for this game

    You are in denial
    I think they can continue to work on designing content from home during this pandemic and it does mean things will get delayed.
    The workforce doesn't determine when the support for the game ends, the leadership does. If the leadership wants to end the game's support it doesn't matter how capable the development team is in supporting BF2 in their current condition the game will end

    As simple as that
    However, I don't think it's possible to start developing a new Battlefront from home unless they have all the technology assets available that's in the office to do so. They would also need to get Disney and Lucasfilm aboard and even I think it's not a priority at the moment and also despite the 2022 film staying on with its release date, there's a possibility that it might get pushed to 2023.
    Why not? That's why I said the pandemic may buy BF2 a few extra months of skeleton crew work due to potential delays in content but BF3 is coming either way. If they can continue to develop work on this game they can continue to develop work on a BF3 as well

    Sure mocap and the rest are put on hold but everything else? Concept art, graphics, weapons, design, porting CGI files, etc. All of that can be done at home with the right equipment at hand

    You are also assuming BF3 hasn't already been at development for a while now, along with assuming Lucas and Disney would have to go through a vetting process to approve a sequel something which would have already been settled for a very long time by now

    BF3 is coming DICE and EA have squeezed all the money and good press they can get from this game. They've succeeded and soon it will be time to move on

    Honestly, I think there will be an eventual Ultimate Edition for this game but it'll be down the road.

    If it ends, we'll have to be informed when it does end.

    I don't even think any development on a Battlefront III has been made yet. They literally said they weren't even talking about it in August.

    https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-08-22-restoring-trust-in-star-wars-battlefront-ii
    F8RGE wrote: »
    We're almost two years past launch and turned up to gamescom with one of our biggest announcements and capture events since launch, if not the biggest.

    We're excited for the future.

    If they were to have begun development, we would've heard rumors already. The only rumors we have only heard about future EA Star Wars games are the Fallen Order sequel and Motive's Project Maverick so far.







    I am assuming the devs are willing to push the live service model for this game as long as possible. Why not build up the player base that's gotten growth from the Celebration Edition (I remember seeing some data reporting on Reddit a few weeks ago but I can't find the link for it)?

    On this game, I hope to see continued development as much as it can be stretched. For Battlefront III, I believe when I see it.

    This is interesting news.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Scumbagmarty
    722 posts Member
    edited April 4
    i like how that article mentions rainbow six seige, because that game launched in 2015 and is still going to this day. if battlefront 2 could last for several more years as a live service it could become the best star wars game ever and add so many more maps, characters, and offline content. but the article is very reassuring, i think they will stick this game out longer than people expect and not just crank out battlefront 3 battlefront 4 battlfront 5 and so on.
  • Starmasui73146
    2087 posts Member
    edited April 4
    I like how that article mentions Rainbow Six Seige, because that game launched in 2015 and is still going to this day. If Battlefront 2 could last for several more years as a live service it could become the best Star Wars game ever and add so many more maps, characters, and offline content. but the article is very reassuring, I think they will stick this game out longer than people expect and not just crank out Battlefront 3, Battlefront 4, Battlefront 5 and so on.
    It would indeed be awesome.

    lowell wrote: »

    If they are working on another installment, I hope they bring in ground-to-space and vice versa as a new gamplay style. Otherwise, if it's just going to have similar gameplay like its predecessors, why build a new one from scratch?

    And also if we don't get a new Battlefront, hopefully, all of us can still support this game's development process as long as it keeps going, right?

    Agreed.
    Relmets wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Otherwise, if it's just going to have similar gameplay like its predecessors, why build a new one from scratch?

    Becuase next gen consoles are on the horizon. I don't presume to know anything about the potential development (or absence of) for BF3, but that by itself is a reason to make a new game.

    Yes they will be here in December and this game will be backwards compatible on the X-Box series X. I hope the devs do a special download for SWBF 2, to permit more A.I. in "Instant Action", just like the PC version. X-Box series X can certainly handle 32 vs 32 smart A.I. as well as all vehicles ground and air no problem. I can't wait. 😎👍🏼🤗
    “There is always hope.”
  • But be realistic here. This game at its heart is still an online game first. There's no question about the fact that the game is winding down either (I'd say between the Scarif update and the end of 2020 is when we'll be getting the last content update).

    One of the reasons we got "Instant Action" and soon to be "Missions", is because bots were already implemented for the respective online modes ("Supremacy" and "Co-op".





    But be realistic here. This game at its heart is still an online game first. There's no question about the fact that the game is winding down either (I'd say between the Scarif update and the end of 2020 is when we'll be getting the last content update).
    Well with that negative spirit you will probably convince the devs to quit. Seriously bro stop willing it into being. Hasn't anybody ever told you words have power. Words can bless or curse things. Stop cursing this games future and instead speak longevity and abundance over it.
    It is a scientific fact positive attitude and laughter boast the human immune system. So how about boasting this games system. Encourage the devs, give them a reason to fight for the game. Don't have a doom & gloom, quitter attitude.

    Sure it's important to let them know when they go astray, but as a whole, positivity and encouragement probably does way more good in the end.
    One of the reasons we got "Instant Action" and soon to be "Missions", is because bots were already implemented for the respective online modes ("Supremacy" and "Co-op"

    Ummm not exactly, "Supremacy" originally did not have A.I. troops. "Co-Op" and "Instant Action" came later. Aaaaaand we wound up with "Instant Action" completely by sheer luck. A manager stumbled on to an A.I. program a game level designer had made, to test out updates. The manager was so impressed that they created several game modes around it.


    After Supremacy came out, there was a period of about a week where they took them out to fix them, that might be what you're thinking of. They just didn't make the offline mode Instant Action until later.

    🤔🧐 I suppose your memory on that one is better then mine. Okay thanks, moving on.
    -AI bots have been developed for online modes first,

    I suppose. I guess it really depends on the date he designed the A.I. program. 🤔🧐
    It's not a doom and gloom attitude sir, it's being realistic. I'm extremely grateful for everything the devs have given offline players like myself. But hoping for things such as offline Galactic Assault just isn't realistic. Like I said, they have the capabilities, I just guarantee they will spend time elsewhere and not on that.

    Hmmm okay, here let me better summarize what I was trying to say: People are highly susceptible to suggestion. The devs may not have even had it cross their mind to stop supporting the game after the Scarif update but "now" you have placed that thought in their head. Words are like gangrene...it spreads. If the wrong thoughts go in, the effects can have a ripple effect. That's all's I am trying to say. So you might not have intended it but the effects never the less are the same. Peace. 🙏


    Uh.... Pretty sure it's EA who decides when support to the game ends... And even if it isn't, I don't think the Devs would be so easily affected by some cynical realism..

    If they were, they would never have gotten past the first hurdle after launch.

    I agree with James. There's a difference between being realistic and being negative. Perhaps it feels overly negative to some because it's suggesting they won't get what they want, but that doesn't actually make it negative. Just subjective and open to interpretation.

    Why do so many keep saying realism. Two important people left I get that but new ones can come in. Why the throw in the towel attitude, I don't get it. They implied support would run tell the end of this year. There is 9 whole months of possible content.

    And this has nothing to do with what I want it has to do with stoping this freakin ball of supposed realism you two are spewing. And another thing, things like this roll down hill just like a snow ball. The more you say it, the more believe it and it gets bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger. Until eventual even EA hears about it. So excuse me if I don't bye into your philosophy.

    In all your deliberation crafted speeches you failed to notice the elephant in the room. You think it's no harm no foul but you failed to notice where Ben Walke is going. Ben goes from DICE to EA to be a Producer. That's right. For your words to reach EA only one man need read this thread. Mega radically increasing the odds of such toxic thoughts reaching EA.

    I'm fighting to keep the support of this game through the end of December...we're as you two seem determined to kill it in the next update and no amount of, "We're just being realistic," (P.S.- I hate that kind of thinking. 🙄) will change that.

    Where did they imply anything about supporting the game through the year?

    Youre saying you actually believe the notion that because some players have shared a few less than overwhelmingly positive thoughts about the continuation of support for a +2 year old game, that DICE might get demotivated enough to stop supporting it?

    Mate, that's really not how it works. I think you're overreacting just a tad..

    In all likelihood, the time they move on to other projects has already been decided.

    I think they're in very good spirits about their game right now (deservedly so) and you need to appreciate that a couple comments (or even a hundred comments) of this nature won't impede that. They're game Devs. They get this kind of talk a lot and much much worse.

    I'm also an advocate for encouraging a congruent and thorough discussion in all things, don't just leave a stone unturned because X individual might get upset. I doubt the Devs are that sensitive to realistic speculation and you shouldn't be either.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

    Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

    #SoloPlayers

    Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^


  • I get what you're saying, but mentioning the possibility of the game's support coming to a natural end after 2+ years is not the same as "not showing your support for it to continue".

    We'd all love for it to continue, that should be obvious to you...please don't overreact to simple speculation.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

    Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

    #SoloPlayers

    Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^


Sign In or Register to comment.