criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• Blazur wrote: »
    Here you go fam, directly from the mouth of Dennis:
    During development Arcade was originally called "Skirmish" but given the new experience we offered, we launched under the name "Arcade" which we felt better describes the play available as well as the opportunities we have for future development. Many of the elements of Skirmish (offline play, couch co-op, AI, etc.) formed the foundation for this mode.

With Arcade we wanted to offer everyone new ways to play, which allows for a focus to be put on the unique experiences playing alone (or or with a friend) can give. Alongside adding Campaign, this led us to develop this mode - a safe place to play with the Battlefront toys. The "Custom Games" mode being the most extreme of this, which gives you the tools to make your own experience.

And a follow-up:
    We see Arcade as a great way to get familiar with the game as well as put you alone, or you and a friend, into an experience tailored for that number of players.

That said, we are very aware that some of you would love to have what is essentially a Multiplayer mode available offline. And we think that makes sense! It's an opportunity for learning the ins and outs of the Multiplayer and allows for a great, safe experience. Nothing we can commit to today, but we'll keep this one on our list.

Commence your complaints. Motion to the mods to move this into the arcade section of the forums.

No complaints here I consider this good news.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • hansgrell wrote: »
    Blazur wrote: »
    Here you go fam, directly from the mouth of Dennis:
    During development Arcade was originally called "Skirmish" but given the new experience we offered, we launched under the name "Arcade" which we felt better describes the play available as well as the opportunities we have for future development. Many of the elements of Skirmish (offline play, couch co-op, AI, etc.) formed the foundation for this mode.

With Arcade we wanted to offer everyone new ways to play, which allows for a focus to be put on the unique experiences playing alone (or or with a friend) can give. Alongside adding Campaign, this led us to develop this mode - a safe place to play with the Battlefront toys. The "Custom Games" mode being the most extreme of this, which gives you the tools to make your own experience.

And a follow-up:
    We see Arcade as a great way to get familiar with the game as well as put you alone, or you and a friend, into an experience tailored for that number of players.

That said, we are very aware that some of you would love to have what is essentially a Multiplayer mode available offline. And we think that makes sense! It's an opportunity for learning the ins and outs of the Multiplayer and allows for a great, safe experience. Nothing we can commit to today, but we'll keep this one on our list.

Commence your complaints. Motion to the mods to move this into the arcade section of the forums.

complaints about what? its on their radar, they know about it, and hopefully come april or 1st quarter we'll have skirmish, i believe those leaks, at this point you're just here for the sake of being here, considering you always ignore respectful rebuttals, but i digress

Dennis' reply regarding Galactic Conquest:

"I played a ton of Galactic Conquest in the old games and I would love to bring it back. If we ever did it, it would have to be large enough and deep enough to belong in a Star Wars game in 2017. But yeah, I'd love to take a stab at delivering that at some point. We'll see!"

Good news in my mind. Sure, it's not a confirmation or anything, but this is the most positive that any of the devs have ever been regarding our beloved Galactic Conquest mode.

Ooh, I like this.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • So first thing I did in the new game is play arcade of course. Just like the beta I enjoyed it and having more maps/options is nice. The bots play well enough (just had them on normal) but any AI tweaks for the future is always welcome. One example was on Kamino I noticed my fellow droids kinda walking sideways on some of the hallways, probably an issue with the navmesh or how the AI calculate targets. Not sure if I saw any allies or enemies use sprint or crouch either but any extra randomness they can add to make the AI feel less rigid would always be welcome ... it is still better than missions mode and the skirmish bots in the first game at least.

I do hope the first thing they add are the rest of the core maps and possibly have the weapon unlocked since they appear locked unless you spend time playing online and getting them in crates which is a bummer. Then we will have a pretty much complete blast mode at least. After that I hope the plan is for skirmish to eventually come sometimes next year. If we get offline space battles and large scale battles with ground vehicles it'll be a win in my books.

The last thing I hope happens is if/when we get character customization (for like the faces and such) they better let it work for offline too. As far as microtransations I'd be willing to pay for a skirmish mode and more features for arcade but if they aren't going to bother then it'll be a shame becasue I think this game is leaps and bound better gameplay wise than the first. It just needs more offline content/support and it will be pretty awesome.
  • Blazur wrote: »
    You know, not all of these offline players are just whiny, spamming kids trying to get what they want. Most of them are just regular people that want more single player depth. They just want to try to make the game even more single player friendly than what it already is. That's not a bad thing. Granted some people can get annoying, but that's when you need to ignore them instead of trying to get them to stop whining. It's just as bad when you spam back, it doesn't solve anything to blatantly come back with an opinion that no one in the thread cares about.

If anything, you're just helping them get more attention by bumping the thread with whatever attempted comeback you try to post. If you don't like that people want more content, then don't come to this thread. If you are offended by what other people have to say, than the internet is just not for you. I do happen to agree that this thread should be moved to the Arcade forum though. :)

Back OT: Given the AMA responses from Paul Keslin, I am very excited for whatever may come to Arcade mode in the future. It seems like there are plenty of thoughts going around Dice regarding the future of the mode. I certainly hope they take their time to add and adjust things right. They may not be to concerned with Arcade ATM, but I am sure they will do some fun stuff as soon as some things are straightened out in PvP modes.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good forum post kid.
  • I know they may need long time delivering skirmish, if ever is going to happen, but they could not at least release more arcade planets?
    Battlefront OFFLINE with BOTS
  • ElizLestrad
    62 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    As long as they plan on not cheating us on skirmish content like they did with Battlefront and only allowing us access to a handful of content. Skirmish players must be able to do everything the multiplayer crowd can. That includes "ranking up". Right now, I can't even upgrade the star cards I craft without being forced to play multiplayer.

This and the lack of character customization that was in the first game (albeit a bare bones system) are a must.
  • kosashi
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I play star wars battlefront 2 on PC, and comparing this one to the classic one back in 2005. The star wars battlefront 2 (2017) feels like there is still a lot more that could have been added to Arcade mode. It would be nice to see the Multiplayer maps, and Game modes in Arcade mode. I feel like Arcade mode is very repetitive and lacks the war zone feel to it. playing Arcade feels more like a cat and mouse. looking for bots, was very slow. Also, the game mode is pure TDM. it would be nice to have a objective from multiplayer added to Arcade mode. Arcade mode is a great way for people to practice, or enjoy the game without dealing with other players who may stress you out. More Bots would be great to the Arcade mode.

Star wars Battlefront 2 (classic)
    -More maps
    -Large Maps
    -More Ai
    -Vehicles
    -Objectives

Star wars Battlefront 2 (2017)
    -Selection of Hero's/classes
    -Customization for guns
    -Customization for Abilities
    -Graphics

PLEASE ADD MORE STUFF FOR ARCADE
  • As long as they plan on not cheating us on skirmish content like they did with Battlefront and only allowing us access to a handful of content. Skirmish players must be able to do everything the multiplayer crowd can. That includes "ranking up". Right now, I can't even upgrade the star cards I craft without being forced to play multiplayer.

This and the lack of character customization that was in the first game (albeit a bare bones system) are a must.

You are right
  • Yes that's damn right. Offline-Player love the original Battlefront games and we need all the content avaiable in multiplayer for offline-player. I thought that EA and DICe learned about the critic against the new battlefront. But they do the same mistakes twice.
  • I really want offline/co-op/versus Skirmish mode. Arcade is cool and all but I've finished all of the content already.

Sometimes I want to play a game but kick back and relax offline just killing bots in the same way I'd be killing players online.
  • Hey everyone. I've been keeping up with everything lately. EA almost had a cosmetic-only loot-crate system with a way to earn them similar to Overwatch, but Lucasfilm stopped that idea. EA should really make the system less gameplay-intrusive. With the current state of Arcade, it definitely needs more content and all milestone categories besides the campaign should be accessible from Arcade or at least Skirmish. I don't have PS plus right now, so I can't progress very far, and I may not be able to get it until winter break. I am effectively blocked from really progressing very much and this is a bit frustrating when I'm limited to how much my actual grind is worth anything from a daily credit cap that doesn't even give half of what multiplayer gives when progression is now based on gameplay until a new microtransaction system is in place. Even then, the grind needs to be fair to people who don't play online and needs to have at least half of what you would get from multiplayer to get a decent balance. People probably wouldn't exploit this because they waste so much money that they only care about multiplayer when Arcade would be lackluster to them anyway. Also, they reduced the number of credits earned from beating the campaign by 75% after they reduced the cost for locked heroes. I also hope that customization is out soon. I want me some clone commandos.
  • Ardyn wrote: »
    I really want offline/co-op/versus Skirmish mode. Arcade is cool and all but I've finished all of the content already.

You finished all the Arcade content already? I call shenanigans.
  • Ardyn wrote: »
    I really want offline/co-op/versus Skirmish mode. Arcade is cool and all but I've finished all of the content already.

You finished all the Arcade content already? I call shenanigans.

Doesn't take long.
  • I know they may need long time delivering skirmish, if ever is going to happen, but they could not at least release more arcade planets?

Yes. I hope they will add at least all the missing maps/planets to arcade.
  • ross42899 wrote: »
    I know they may need long time delivering skirmish, if ever is going to happen, but they could not at least release more arcade planets?

bigger maps more bots per side.
    maybe allow us to import the old maps if we own the old game.
    fix the ai a bit more - its not quite as bad custom arcade as skirmish because no fighters strafing, but at a certain point EVERY enemy bot beelines for the player and ignores all the bots on players side. that should never happen. the player should never be the sole focus of the enemy, no matter what his score or how many kills. it should be a firefight, the enemy AI doesnt need to know exactly how many kills the player has and focus on them more the further ahead the player is.

also, i would prefer the option in choose sides to always pick empire rebellion on all the maps. i know its out of era on kamino and the other maps. i can live with first order/resistance but im really not into droids and clones at all. empire rebellion was my era and you can have heroes like darth maul in any era why not allow us to pick the sides era too? its only a skin, and weapon swap.
    invalid brain token
  • Starmasui73146
    2088 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Bigger maps more bots per side.

Yeah but the Custom Arcade battle Onslaught is basically just Survival mode and Team Battle is basically just Missions mode. But they both seemed to be missing something...that missing ingredient that amps it up and gives it umph. It lacked excitement and quickly became boring because there was no point to it. It was fun at first but quickly petered out. We need some kind of objective not just mindless shooting. Classic Conquest mode offline, Galactic Assault offline, Walker Assault Skirmish offline...Cargo and Assault offline...
    “There is always hope.”
  • ross42899 wrote: »
    I know they may need long time delivering skirmish, if ever is going to happen, but they could not at least release more arcade planets?

Yeah but the Arcade battle was boring because there was no point to it. We need some kind of objective not just mindless shooting. Classic Conquest mode offline, Galactic Assault offline, Walker Assault Skirmish offline...

...Starfighter Assault skirmish offline?
    A proud supporter of #SoloPlayersMatter. Congratulations everyone... we did it. Instant Action has returned. Now go on and play. Have fun... and may the Force be with you. Always.
  • Starmasui73146
    2088 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I did however enjoy Arcade Team Battle 20 vs 20 on Kamino with the enemy AI droids on elite. But we still need enemy AI villains and the ability to use vehicles, perhaps as an option in menus.
    Still Skirmish is indeed missed and so is Conquest mode.
    ross42899 wrote: »

Yeah but the Arcade battle was boring because there was no point to it. We need some kind of objective not just mindless shooting. Classic Conquest mode offline, Galactic Assault offline, Walker Assault Skirmish offline...

This too...please.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Here's something else I noticed about Arcade mode. We of course knew that none of the heroes would be in it as AI, but none of the reinforcements are either. They must not have had the time to program behaviors for them. Another thing I noticed is the fact that the maps themselves are missing the little touches of life they had in Multiplayer. No Dewbacks in Mos Eisley, stuff like that.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Here's something else I noticed about Arcade mode. We of course knew that none of the heroes would be in it as AI, but none of the reinforcements are either. They must not have had the time to program behaviors for them. Another thing I noticed is the fact that the maps themselves are missing the little touches of life they had in Multiplayer. No Dewbacks in Mos Eisley, stuff like that.

Programming reinforcements shouldn't be difficult. They already have AI for the Jumptroopers in campaign; mind you, it's the same basic AI we had in the last game where they just hover in place... they don't actually use their jetpacks to fly around the map.

By Enforcer units like the Death Trooper, B2 Super Battle Droid, Flametrooper, and Wookie Warrior shouldn't be hard to program since their abilities aren't much different from the regular AI classes.
    A proud supporter of #SoloPlayersMatter. Congratulations everyone... we did it. Instant Action has returned. Now go on and play. Have fun... and may the Force be with you. Always.
  • PopoTateo
    4867 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Soooooooo, after about a year im back to give my pointless opinions again.
    This game needs GA and SFA added to offline asap. This game just doesn't do anything for me online this year. I had over 300 hours online on BF2015, but i just don't feel motivated at all this time.
    Arcade is good fun, and im glad they added the custom options. But there is only so much deathmatch i can handle.
    I have read this game is around 60% down on sales compared to the last game. I know alot of that is due to the lootbox fiasco. But it shouldnt be underestimated just how many people want a good offline/co-op mode lke skirmish. When will they get it into their heads that offline modes are still very popular?
  • I don't normally post on forums as others tend to say what I'm thinking any ways, but I just wanted to add my voice & thoughts to this thread.

First: The single player was really well done. Interesting story, nice sets, good mix of combat modes. Well done!

Aside from the lack of variety in arcade mode (it would be great to see all the MP modes in arcade), it's biggest issue is rewards and unlocks (or more accurately, the lack there of).

The credit payout is atrocious. Even with unlocking the challenges you earn credits in MP way faster than arcade and MP doesn't have a 24 hour timer and upper limit (that I've seen). In 2 hours of arcade I earned 1,000 (inclusive of challenge rewards) in 2 hours of MP I earned 10,000. Given that my arcade credits 'dried up' for the day, there was no reason to keep playing arcade.

Which leads to the second main issue with arcade. You can't unlock anything! You can play each trooper to death and never be any closer to unlocking their next weapon, you have to go to MP for that.

The goal of making a game is for people to play it. Reward the player for time played. Not for "time played only if you played here". These two things make Arcade mode just feel like practice mode for MP. If I'm reading things right, that's not what most of the people in this thread want. Arcade should just be MP with bots with all the bells and whistles. You can scale the rewards and unlocks however you want. But if they turned arcade into that, they you have something you can play for years to come, long after the MP community moves on.

I didn't buy the first Battlefront game as I knew it was going to be solely MP (I viewed missions as a MP practice mode as DICE tends to do). Being a fan of the original series, I liked to just play my way with bots, I'm not a competitive gamer and avoid online like the plague, this doesn't mean I suck at it (I tend to be top 5 - not in Heroes vs Villians though), I just find it more fun. I pre-ordered this version when I read a quote from someone at EA (or DICE -- can't remember) basically saying "we want people to play their way and not be forced into areas of the game they don't want to go" ... I was sold. Unfortunately that is not the case at this moment, if you really want to experience the game right now, you are forced into MP.

I'm sure they'll make some changes to arcade, regardless of the new maps and modes they add to it. If they keep you out of the rewards and unlocks, MP will always feel forced.
  • M4STOD0N
    21 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Here's something else I noticed about Arcade mode. We of course knew that none of the heroes would be in it as AI, but none of the reinforcements are either. They must not have had the time to program behaviors for them. Another thing I noticed is the fact that the maps themselves are missing the little touches of life they had in Multiplayer. No Dewbacks in Mos Eisley, stuff like that.

Programming reinforcements shouldn't be difficult. They already have AI for the Jumptroopers in campaign; mind you, it's the same basic AI we had in the last game where they just hover in place... they don't actually use their jetpacks to fly around the map.

By Enforcer units like the Death Trooper, B2 Super Battle Droid, Flametrooper, and Wookie Warrior shouldn't be hard to program since their abilities aren't much different from the regular AI classes.

In this day and age of machine learning. I would be surprised if they didn't record real players from the MP and use their data to program the AI for Arcade. The only game I know of that seems to do something like this is the Forza series with Drivatars (which are great!). If they did that, they'd have some great AI, then just make the difficulty impact the AI's accuracy or liklihood to make the best decision.

Bare minimum, I agree. I've often found it puzzling when a game with a single player campaign doesn't have bots. Same goes with the vehicles, the single player has AI pilots, so why not arcade. Might not be awesome, but something is better than nothing to get started.
  • To me if we get a skirmish update for Galactic assault I hope we get customization options. 3x more battle points on a kill. Enemies that are stronger. Team mates that are weaker. That sort of thing. Make it a sandbox for us to go crazy in.
  • Waswaf
    88 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I hope that we start to see something like this roll out to us next week alongside customization. They have enough time to include all planets and start to include more types of AI for Arcade.
  • Waswaf wrote: »
    I hope that we start to see something like this roll out to us next week alongside customization. They have enough time to include all planets and start to include more types of AI for Arcade.

I belive we must encourage a lot of people to join ours request and when we are enough direct to disney. EA dont give a ...... about users not even Multiplayer user so why they should listen to us. All new arragement of loot boxes were only because Disney is not happy and disneys own star wars.
  • Waswaf
    88 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    We should move this thread to reddit or a general forum here to get more attention. I started something on Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7ecspu/skirmishoffline_content/

I belive we must encourage a lot of people to join ours request and when we are enough direct to disney. EA dont give a ...... about users not even Multiplayer user so why they should listen to us. All new arragement of loot boxes were only because Disney is not happy and disneys own star wars.

Lol come on now. Disney doesnt give a crap about the game modes, we are microscopic lifeforms in their designs. No EA and DICE/Criterion (if they are still involved) would be the people to press. And I believe a few days ago a DICE or EA manager said they understand we want Ships and vehicles for offline and they agreed it would be good to have. So our issues have not fallen on def ears. We just need to keep up the posts so whenever they look at the SP thread, they will at least see a few posts asking for Starfighter and a large map mode. So far we are doing a great job
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Waswaf wrote: »

Lol come on now. Disney doesnt give a **** about the game modes, we are microscopic lifeforms in their designs. No EA and DICE/Criterion (if they are still involved) would be the people to press. And I believe a few days ago a DICE or EA manager said they understand we want Ships and vehicles for offline and they agreed it would be good to have. So our issues have not fallen on def ears. We just need to keep up the posts so whenever they look at the SP thread, they will at least see a few posts asking for Starfighter and a large map mode. So far we are doing a great job

We are not so microscopic, but alot of people don’t know nothing about this thread or solomatters in facebook. You only need to need coments on you tube whising for more arcade even hello greedo wants more arcade modes
    We should move this thread to reddit or a general forum here to get more attention. I started something on Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7ecspu/skirmishoffline_content/

You should post it on Facebook soloplayermatters
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1526 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I did however enjoy Arcade Team Battle 20 vs 20 on Kamino with the enemy AI droids on elite. But we still need enemy AI villains and the ability to use vehicles, perhaps as an option in menus.
    Still Skirmish is indeed missed and so is Conquest mode.
    ross42899 wrote: »

This too...please.

IMO, the hero/vehicle AI, ability to use vehicles, and the rest of the maps are the most important. Objectives would be a cool bonus.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • M4STOD0N wrote: »
    I don't normally post on forums as others tend to say what I'm thinking any ways, but I just wanted to add my voice & thoughts to this thread.

First: The single player was really well done. Interesting story, nice sets, good mix of combat modes. Well done!

Aside from the lack of variety in arcade mode (it would be great to see all the MP modes in arcade), it's biggest issue is rewards and unlocks (or more accurately, the lack there of).

The credit payout is atrocious. Even with unlocking the challenges you earn credits in MP way faster than arcade and MP doesn't have a 24 hour timer and upper limit (that I've seen). In 2 hours of arcade I earned 1,000 (inclusive of challenge rewards) in 2 hours of MP I earned 10,000. Given that my arcade credits 'dried up' for the day, there was no reason to keep playing arcade.

Which leads to the second main issue with arcade. You can't unlock anything! You can play each trooper to death and never be any closer to unlocking their next weapon, you have to go to MP for that.

The goal of making a game is for people to play it. Reward the player for time played. Not for "time played only if you played here". These two things make Arcade mode just feel like practice mode for MP. If I'm reading things right, that's not what most of the people in this thread want. Arcade should just be MP with bots with all the bells and whistles. You can scale the rewards and unlocks however you want. But if they turned arcade into that, they you have something you can play for years to come, long after the MP community moves on.

I didn't buy the first Battlefront game as I knew it was going to be solely MP (I viewed missions as a MP practice mode as DICE tends to do). Being a fan of the original series, I liked to just play my way with bots, I'm not a competitive gamer and avoid online like the plague, this doesn't mean I suck at it (I tend to be top 5 - not in Heroes vs Villians though), I just find it more fun. I pre-ordered this version when I read a quote from someone at EA (or DICE -- can't remember) basically saying "we want people to play their way and not be forced into areas of the game they don't want to go" ... I was sold. Unfortunately that is not the case at this moment, if you really want to experience the game right now, you are forced into MP.

I'm sure they'll make some changes to arcade, regardless of the new maps and modes they add to it. If they keep you out of the rewards and unlocks, MP will always feel forced.

I agree on the credit cap sucking. Arcade also doesn't let your profile rank up and it should since this is needed to upgrade star cards. I may be wrong but I think leveling troopers is done by getting their star cards not playing them.
  • A simple patch to improve ARCADE a lot in my opinion consists in two points :

1 - Add an infinite time / reinforcement option
    2 - Add a boundary option (for the moment all boundaries are small, you just have access to a small part of the map)
  • M4STOD0N wrote: »
    Aside from the lack of variety in arcade mode (it would be great to see all the MP modes in arcade), it's biggest issue is rewards and unlocks (or more accurately, the lack there of)...

I agree on the credit cap sucking. Arcade also doesn't let your profile rank up and it should since this is needed to upgrade star cards. I may be wrong but I think leveling troopers is done by getting their star cards not playing them.

Yah, I forgot about needing to rank up as a requirement for higher tier trooper cards (at least for crafting ... I don't think the loot boxes will prevent you from getting a higher tier of a card). That should be available in Arcade too, basically I see Arcade as MP with bots without being gimped (scale the rewards back if needed, but don't remove them).

I was talking more about the weapons for the troopers. To unlock their other weapons or attachments you have to meet certain criteria ("get 50 kils with this weapon"). Only MP counts towards that.
  • Why is there not galactic assault offline for arcade and only small maps??? Really? Come the **** on dice!
  • Bummed out by the tiny maps on custom arcade mode, and no speeder bikes etc??? Way to take a step backwards.
  • Yes please for the love of god add more to arcade. All I want to do is play offline against the cpu in galactic or starfighter assault. I want to be able to have access to more maps and vehicles as well. This is the only thing lacking imo to make this a complete and amazing game that we all wanted. If you fix this I guarantee people but the **** out of the next one. Please
  • Just shared my Reddit post on Facebook.
  • ryanjk wrote: »
    Bummed out by the tiny maps on custom arcade mode, and no speeder bikes etc??? Way to take a step backwards.

no speeder bikes so no team killers as in first game. some people who were hero hoggers would kill their own hero by running them down with a speeder bike then jetting off to where they thought the token would respawn. i prefer the new system even if i keep dying so much i managed to get a hero a few times which is a few more than in the old WA mode.
    invalid brain token
  • i want more bots per side, bigger maps, infinite time limit/reinforcements limit, random weather (not high in the list but still...), more maps, use of the blast maps, options in setup to play any era on any map (i have what 5 or 6 small maps now and only two of them are empire and rebellion).

maybe also an ability to set up a map list - but not a rotation or random selection. you set them up sort of as a mini campaign, if you win you move to next map, if you lose back a map. if you lose on the first map, you lose the 'war', and if you win on the final map, you win the 'war'.
    invalid brain token
  • -more bots

-option for the ability for an AI hero to spawn on the other side (AI hero)

-bigger and more maps - particularly the blast maps would be great for arcade, not to mention if we could import the maps from the previous game

-infinite reinforcements option

-option so you can pick your fave era and play it on ALL maps - right now i want to play kamino i have to be clone or droid.

-random weather (low priority though)

i loved the destructible environment on endor, with trees exploding - its one of the reasons i have not uninstalled it when this game was released. but again more modes and maps etc take precedence.
    i am glad we dont have ai starfighter when playing arcade since i got really annoyed by the fighters ignoring our AI fighters just to strafe ME only all the time. that should have been easy to fix so it did not always go for the player because the player had a high score. the AI should not be basing decisions purely on a high score - protecting itself should override a rampaging player on the ground 100% of the time : IF (has 3 enemy fighters on rear) then DO NOT (attack player on ground and pretend you are not getting shot from behind by 3 fighters)
    invalid brain token
  • Hero AI would be nice
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Hero AI would be nice

It certainly would my friend
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Hero AI would be nice

It certainly would my friend

A while back, the hero dev said they were working on it but needed to iron out some issues. If some one has twitter, would they ask him for an update?
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1526 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    M4STOD0N wrote: »
    M4STOD0N wrote: »
    Aside from the lack of variety in arcade mode (it would be great to see all the MP modes in arcade), it's biggest issue is rewards and unlocks (or more accurately, the lack there of)...

Yah, I forgot about needing to rank up as a requirement for higher tier trooper cards (at least for crafting ... I don't think the loot boxes will prevent you from getting a higher tier of a card). That should be available in Arcade too, basically I see Arcade as MP with bots without being gimped (scale the rewards back if needed, but don't remove them).

I was talking more about the weapons for the troopers. To unlock their other weapons or attachments you have to meet certain criteria ("get 50 kils with this weapon"). Only MP counts towards that.

That means folks who don't play online are not only locked out of the ability to upgrade star cards but most of the guns. The devs should change this.
  • Everything needs to be unlockable offline for this game to have a fair playing field and to last a long time.
  • Are they really working on it now? they said they would listen to our feedback right? i hope their main focus is not just how to bring back microtransactions and make more money.
  • Crylo_R3n wrote: »
    Are they really working on it now? they said they would listen to our feedback right? i hope their main focus is not just how to bring back microtransactions and make more money.

At this point, who knows? They're very quiet right now.
  • kosashi wrote: »
    I play star wars battlefront 2 on PC, and comparing this one to the classic one back in 2005. The star wars battlefront 2 (2017) feels like there is still a lot more that could have been added to Arcade mode. It would be nice to see the Multiplayer maps, and Game modes in Arcade mode. I feel like Arcade mode is very repetitive and lacks the war zone feel to it. playing Arcade feels more like a cat and mouse. looking for bots, was very slow. Also, the game mode is pure TDM. it would be nice to have a objective from multiplayer added to Arcade mode. Arcade mode is a great way for people to practice, or enjoy the game without dealing with other players who may stress you out. More Bots would be great to the Arcade mode.

Star wars Battlefront 2 (classic)
    -More maps
    -Large Maps
    -More Ai
    -Vehicles
    -Objectives

Star wars Battlefront 2 (2017)
    -Selection of Hero's/classes
    -Customization for guns
    -Customization for Abilities
    -Graphics

PLEASE ADD MORE STUFF FOR ARCADE

indeed these are needed very badly
  • What **** me off the most is they did not add any star fighter arcade mode. Like seriously Dice ?