criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Jesbro wrote: »
    But I am not wrong

No?
    • UI/UX designers working on the UI for a new offline mode could be improving the UI for the majority of the game.
    • Playtesters testing out skirmish could instead be improving balance and chasing after the numerous bug reports.
    • Project managers overseeing the development of a new offline mode could instead be relegated to new seasons or addressing a replacement MTX system.
    • Criterion working on AI could instead be working on new hero ships or maps. Light side has 6 hero ships while dark only has 4.
    • Programmers working on offline modes could instead work on new seasons or bringing us the droideka.
    • ANY budget used for the 1% could instead be used to bring us another season. Nothing is free.

I feel like we've had this discussion a dozen times. Any focus on one area detracts from development on a new area. DICE doesn't have infinite money to spend on idle developers. Neither noes Criterion. It's a simple thing to understand, and to deny that is ignorance.

They have bigger priorities, and a bigger audience to keep happy.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • hansgrell wrote: »
    Has anyone tweeted to see the status of hero AI? I'd love to know.

Nope, sorry. I think it's going to be awhile before we hear anything about Hero AI, if at all. It very much looks like Starfighter Assault is going to be the first significant update to Arcade.

After that, for expanding Arcade further I would expect them to focus all their efforts on Galactic Assault... and Galactic Assault will likely take longer to develop, since there are more maps, and none of those maps currently have AI (not counting AI starfighters).

i was strafed by a bot somehow on GA, was really weird

Interesting. I've only ever been killed by the AI when flying a starfighter, but never when on the ground.

Galactic Assault, Starfighter Assault, and Heroes Vs. Villains for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • hansgrell wrote: »
    Has anyone tweeted to see the status of hero AI? I'd love to know.

Nope, sorry. I think it's going to be awhile before we hear anything about Hero AI, if at all. It very much looks like Starfighter Assault is going to be the first significant update to Arcade.

After that, for expanding Arcade further I would expect them to focus all their efforts on Galactic Assault... and Galactic Assault will likely take longer to develop, since there are more maps, and none of those maps currently have AI (not counting AI starfighters).

i was strafed by a bot somehow on GA, was really weird

Interesting. I've only ever been killed by the AI when flying a starfighter, but never when on the ground.

was playing on star killer and got strafed was like well those resistance players always strafe, then when i was defeated, just said defeated and flew away, looked like a bot to me, was just surprising is all, reminded me when the ai on skirmish if bf 2015 would strafe the crap outa you
  • Blazur wrote: »
    But I am not wrong

No?
    • UI/UX designers working on the UI for a new offline mode could be improving the UI for the majority of the game.
    • Playtesters testing out skirmish could instead be improving balance and chasing after the numerous bug reports.
    • Project managers overseeing the development of a new offline mode could instead be relegated to new seasons or addressing a replacement MTX system.
    • Criterion working on AI could instead be working on new hero ships or maps. Light side has 6 hero ships while dark only has 4.
    • Programmers working on offline modes could instead work on new seasons or bringing us the droideka.
    • ANY budget used for the 1% could instead be used to bring us another season. Nothing is free.

I feel like we've had this discussion a dozen times. Any focus on one area detracts from development on a new area. DICE doesn't have infinite money to spend on idle developers. Neither noes Criterion. It's a simple thing to understand, and to deny that is ignorance.

Criterion seems to think the offline crowd is big enough to "adjust their DLC plans".
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Has anyone tweeted to see the status of hero AI? I'd love to know.

Could someone ask please. Thanks
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Criterion seems to think the offline crowd is big enough to "adjust their DLC plans".

Adjust still implies it wasn't even a consideration from the beginning.
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1496 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Blazur wrote: »

Yes, we were. That is why they gave us Arcade in the first place. When we asked for more, they adjusted their DLC plans. We are a larger audience than you think.
  • Criterion adding content to offline won't hinder the MP. Because DICE take care of that part of the game. Everybody wins.
  • Today i played few strike matches and i think it would be great for split screen and easier to make it right. Also i think something like supermacy or capture the point in combination with blast (like old bf2) would be better for bigger maps arcade than galactic assault because supid ai would kill all fun. What do you think?
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    PopoTateo wrote: »
    Criterion adding content to offline won't hinder the MP. Because DICE take care of that part of the game. Everybody wins.

Who do you think would be responsible for integrating it into the core game? Developers would still be involved with making it happen. Artists would need to blend it into the current UI. Project managers would need to manage the effort. QA would need to test it. And most importantly EA would have to provide funding for something a very small audience would care about, when instead they could be funding new seasons which could prompt more microtransaction sales (if it ever gets reinstated).

Every effort, no matter how small you think it may be, detracts from another effort.
    Yes, we were. That is why they gave us Arcade in the first place. When we asked for more, they adjusted their DLC plans. We are a larger audience than you think.

You had arcade in the last game. This is a spiritual successor.

If you were such a large audience how did the game sell as much as it did WITHOUT any SP? I'd like to thing most of the consumers are more informed than some of you were when blindly buying the game. So they knew what they were getting. No...you're the 1%.
  • @Blazur
    I'm glad you work at DICE studios. It is very handy having someone here who has inside knowledge of how things work. Its also good to have someone here who keeps a level head and would never post non factual opinionated, hypocritical messages. God bless you for being here, and merry xmas to you.
    Criterion adding content to offline won't hinder the MP. Because DICE take care of that part of the game. Everybody wins.

Who do you think would be responsible for integrating it into the core game? Developers would still be involved with making it happen. Artists would need to blend it into the current UI. Project managers would need to manage the effort. QA would need to test it. And most importantly EA would have to provide funding for something a very small audience would care about, when instead they could be funding new seasons which could prompt more microtransaction sales (if it ever gets reinstated).

Every effort, no matter how small you think it may be, detracts from another effort.

If you were such a large audience how did the game sell as much as it did WITHOUT any SP? I'd like to thing most of the consumers are more informed than some of you were when blindly buying the game. So they knew what they were getting. No...you're the 1%.

I didn't bought this game for singleplayer. Mostly i play multplayer and enjoy it. But EA/DICE said that game would have better and bigger skirmish and you should blame them not people who belived their lies.
  • Loyaavod wrote: »

I didn't bought this game for singleplayer. Mostly i play multplayer and enjoy it. But EA/DICE said that game would have better and bigger skirmish and you should blame them not people who belived their lies.

They aren't lies till support for the game has officially ended, and the skirmish hasn't arrived.
    They never said when the skirmish content would arrive. DICE priorities are to get the multiplayer bugs/balancing issues fixed. Criterion are the ones who will be making your offline content. Relax, something will come next year. Personally i think it will just be the other small maps, plus possible a star fighter team deathmatch.
  • hansgrell
    249 posts Member
    edited December 2017

Star wars, being the only two games released in the high def era since 2012 or whenever EA acquired the license, star wars is the only reason. i enjoy both games, but compared to any other shooter, they are absolutely devoid of content and mechanics, if they were not star wars they never would have made much profit, star wars is literally the only reason they sold decently, not because of multiplayer, and not because of singleplayer
  • Aris1368
    371 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    But I am not wrong

No?

Not really, people who only care about online will most likely move to next-newer-better multiplayer focused titles, since Battlefront's 2 launch was really bad.So, except the fans who dont mind content and keep playing the game for the online part, there are the offline fans left.I see no reason for Criterion to not work for more offline content since the demand is so high and these offline players will definitely keep playing the game for being a good offline star wars game.Pardon my English, its not my native language.
    You may not believe this, but you just wasted 3 seconds reading this™
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Aris1368 wrote: »
    Not really, people who only care about online will most likely move to next-newer-better multiplayer focused titles, since Battlefront's 2 launch was really bad.So, except the fans who dont mind content and keep playing the game for the online part, there are the offline fans left.I see no reason for Criterion to not work for more offline content since the demand is so high and these offline players will definitely keep playing the game for being a good offline star wars game.Pardon my English, its not my native language.

Who are you kidding? If/when another Battlefront game surfaces in 2-3 years 95% of the people in this thread will migrate over to it...with or without SP. Again. Just like you did with this one. When was the last time any of you played the last Battlefront (those of you who own this one)?

Why do you think they tagged Disney and EA in their Tweet? They're probably fishing for more work. No disrespect to Criterion, I absolutely love the work they've done in this game. It's the crowning jewel. But to have them devote their time on offline SA would be a waste of their talent and effort. Just like it was with DICE developers and their meager attempt at skirmish. They could be bringing us new maps, new hero ships, new ship classes, or smaller reinforcement ships. Some say "It's the #1 most requested feature". And yet how many of us would rather see a B-Wing or Tie Defender instead? Or more dark side heroes to balance out the number? Far more, I assure you. And EA probably realizes the same and wouldn't authorize the funds. That might explain why skirmish was a labor of love by a few developers who likely did it off the books.

You want to practice starfighters offline? Load up "The Dauntless" in the campaign and shoot down dumb AI ships till your hearts content. There's nothing magnificent about that AI but at least it lets you practice. Some of you even commented in shock about how you once got killed by an AI ship. That's really telling about how impressive the AI is.
  • Loyaavod
    318 posts Member
    edited December 2017
  • Aris1368 wrote: »
    But I am not wrong

No?

But they didn't even put all blast maps in game at launch. I think that says it all. They don't care. Not enough time isn't excusse. It's like they give some dime for beggar just to silences him.

Who are you kidding? If/when another Battlefront game surfaces in 2-3 years 95% of the people in this thread will migrate over to it...with or without SP. Again. Just like you did with this one. When was the last time any of you played the last Battlefront (those of you who own this one)?

Why do you think they tagged Disney and EA in their Tweet? They're probably fishing for more work. No disrespect to Criterion, I absolutely love the work they've done in this game. It's the crowning jewel. But to have them devote their time on offline SA would be a waste of their talent and effort. Just like it was with DICE developers and their meager attempt at skirmish. They could be bringing us new maps, new hero ships, new ship classes, or smaller reinforcement ships. Some say "It's the #1 most requested feature". And yet how many of us would rather see a B-Wing or Tie Defender instead? Or more dark side heroes to balance out the number? Far more, I assure you. And EA probably realizes the same and wouldn't authorize the funds. That might explain why skirmish was a labor of love by a few developers who likely did it off the books.

You want to practice starfighters offline? Load up "The Dauntless" in the campaign and shoot down dumb AI ships till your hearts content. There's nothing magnificent about that AI but at least it lets you practice. Some of you even commented in shock about how you once got killed by an AI ship. That's really telling about how impressive the AI is.

Then why they promise better and bigger skirmish? I understand what you want to tell us but i don't understand lies or manipulation.

They could just tell us ¨it's a multiplayer game just like battlefield. You can play offline campaign and that's all. No skirmish or arcade'' and no one would ask for it.

They could just tell us" it's a multiplayer game just like battlefield. You can play offline campaign. No skirmish or arcade" and no one would look for it.

They could just tell us" it's a multiplayer game just like battlefield. You can play offline campaign. No skirmish or arcade" and no one wi

They could just tell us" it's a multiplayer game just like battlefield. You can play offline campaign. No skirmish or arcade" and no one wi

They could just tell us" it's a multiplayer game just like battlefield. You can play offline campaign. No skirmish or arcade" and no one would ask for it.

They could just tell us" it's a multiplayer game just like battlefield. You can play offline campaign. No skirmish or arcade" and no one would ask for it.

They could just tell us" it's a multiplayer game just like battlefield. You can play offline campaign. No skirmish or arcade" and no one would aksk for it.

But I am not wrong

No?

But they didn't even put all blast maps in game at launch. I think that says it all. They don't care. Not enough time isn't excusse. It's like they give some dime for beggar just to silences him.
    But I am not wrong

No?

More likely implies that they already planned to extend/improve offline at a later date but due to high demand they decided to bring their plans forward which Sounds more plausible than your theory.
  • sorry for multiple replys. my android gone mad :smile:
    can someone delete duplicates?
  • Have Criterion said when they will share more details?

as much as i love this game, i honestly dont know if i would play the next one (even if it does get made) considering all the problems this one has, faulty sfx playing clone voices when your empire/first order ( i once even had the clone commander announce a hero as cis) the wookiee class being broken (being able to spam overload by cancel) the rubber banding issue plaguing the game for a whole month, i actually ended up playing arcade during that, which wasnt really bad, just the map limitations but whatever for that, the fact that class play doesnt even matter, (heavy has no answer to tanks realistically mabye detonite pack, but that you have to get close to the tank which isnt always easy) the terrible progression system (loot box is okay when its tied to cosmetics not progression) like i said though i do love this game despite all the faults, but i doubt i would buy the next one if they even make it, which sucks because EA has a monopoly on star wars, so no competition to force themselves to innovate. i honestly think battlefront 2015 was much more solid then this one, especially launch compared to this one, so idk.
  • Have Criterion said when they will share more details?

most likely after christmas, as the studios are shutting down for holidays and whatnot
  • No, the devs stated many times that this game will please ALL kinds of players, including those who want offline.They added a Campaign and they said from the beginning that they will bring back a new and improved version of Skirmish, until they took the posts down and replaced them with that new Arcade.

As for Criterion stating that they "adjusted some of future content" I believe that they originally wanted to add more campaign DLC with Iden's daughter considering it ended on a cliffhanger, but seeing the Arcade uproar they decided to focus on that instead.
  • PopoTateo
    4867 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    As for Criterion stating that they "adjusted some of future content" I believe that they originally wanted to add more campaign DLC with Iden's daughter considering it ended on a cliffhanger, but seeing the Arcade uproar they decided to focus on that instead.

God bless them if that's what they end up doing. It will be the perfect example of a developer listening to what it's fans want. Which just proves DICE don't listen and add what THEY want.
    I would be very happy never getting another campaign mission if it means SFA and GA come to offline. I don't even care if we don't end up getting AI heroes or starfighters on GA.
  • PopoTateo wrote: »

God bless them if that's what they end up doing. It will be the perfect example of a developer listening to what it's fans want. Which just proves DICE don't listen and add what THEY want.
    I would be very happy never getting another campaign mission if it means SFA and GA come to offline. I don't even care if we don't end up getting AI heroes or starfighters on GA.

We'll definitely end up getting AI starfighters on Galactic Assault, if it is added to Arcade. Goodness knows they had problem getting them to strafe us in the last game... and that was DICE's handiwork. Criterion seems to be much more adept at programming AI than anyone at DICE.

Galactic Assault, Starfighter Assault, and Heroes Vs. Villains for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

I would love hero AI.
  • bfloo
    17017 posts Member
    Loyaavod wrote: »

They did that last game. People have been asking for it ever since.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

Because this is supposed to be BATTLEFRONT and not just Battlefield with a Star Wars skin!

The fact they took the BATTLEFRONT name means that they knew what was in the previous games and what people were expecting for these games and they failed big time!

They brought this on themselves when they tried to use the BATTLEFRONT name and is why we will not stop asking for it until it feels like a true BATTLEFRONT game that we can play with our family like with Pandemic's games!
  • bfloo wrote: »

No they didn't. They added missions with battles, hero battles and survival (with split screen) at launch.
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

Because this is supposed to be BATTLEFRONT and not just Battlefield with a Star Wars skin!

The fact they took the BATTLEFRONT name means that they knew what was in the previous games and what people were expecting for these games and they failed big time!

They brought this on themselves when they tried to use the BATTLEFRONT name and is why we will not stop asking for it until it feels like a true BATTLEFRONT game that we can play with our family like with Pandemic's games!

And also battlefield had bots
    Battlefront OFFLINE with BOTS
  • Aryck-The-One
    1699 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    And yet how many of us would rather see a B-Wing or Tie Defender instead? Or more dark side heroes to balance out the number?

The problem with that logic is that creating new vehicles, heroes, and reinforcement characters like the Droideka is not the responsibility of an AI programmer.

Game developers have different people assigned to different tasks; you can't just take an AI programmer, assign him to the team that is working on vehicles, and expect him to model, texture, and animate a ship like the B-Wing. That's not his department.

• And yet how many of us would rather see a B-Wing or Tie Defender instead? Or more dark side heroes to balance out the number?

The problem with that logic is that creating new vehicles, heroes, and reinforcement characters like the Droideka is not the responsibility of an AI programmer.

Game developers have different people assigned to different tasks; you can't just take an AI programmer, assign him to the team that is working on vehicles, and expect him to model, texture, and animate a ship like the B-Wing. That's not his department.

Exactly this!

The AI programmers one job is simply that! To make the AI work with the other stuff!

Once again @Blazur this proves that what you say about AI programmers taking away from other DLC is completely utter BULL S*** !
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    And yet how many of us would rather see a B-Wing or Tie Defender instead? Or more dark side heroes to balance out the number?

Exactly this!

The AI programmers one job is simply that! To make the AI work with the other stuff!

Once again Blazur this proves that what you say about AI programmers taking away from other DLC is completely utter ****!

One, take it down a notch. Blazur's just triggered over the fact that Criterion is working on Arcade at all. Don't sink to his level.

Two... you are correct. As much as he wants the developers to focus on multiplayer, it is not as simple as assigning more people to work on specific assets.

If it were that simple, they could take the folks at EA Motive and put them to work on Arcade; but then, I very much doubt the Lead Narrative Designer at EA Motive knows how to program AI.

No, the devs stated many times that this game will please ALL kinds of players, including those who want offline.They added a Campaign and they said from the beginning that they will bring back a new and improved version of Skirmish, until they took the posts down and replaced them with that new Arcade.

No, the devs stated many times that this game will please ALL kinds of players, including those who want offline.They added a Campaign and they said from the beginning that they will bring back a new and improved version of Skirmish, until they took the posts down and replaced them with that new Arcade.

When they announced better and bigger skirmish there was hope. Then some_info said that arcade would be missions 2 with 12 smaller maps it was like ok at least we will get blast mode to arcade.
    In the end we didn't get even all smaller maps but half of them. now they can talk anything they want i don't belive them. they don't care about arcade at all. i enjoy multiplayer and i'm glad i own the game but for arcade i have no hope. even if they add something it'll be unfinished like skirmish from bf1. History repeating :)
  • Aris1368
    371 posts Member
    edited December 2017

I completely agree, sir.

Given the fact that half of Resurrection's objectives were to "defend x" just to increase play time, I'm sure everyone would rather them focus solely on Arcade.I hope Criterion delivers, unlike Dice.

I've been a fan of Dice since Battlefield 3 days, and I really believe in Dennis, but so far everything I like about this game isn't made by Dice.

Add whole maps and vehicles, let us fully progress from offline (or if not, have every gun and card unlocked, because currently, if you don't play online you can't unlock guns and upgrade cards) and I'll gladly buy some crystals to personally thank the Devs for taking care of offline players.

Criterion, if you are seeing this, we dont necessarily need GA copy pasted in Arcade.We know AI might be time consuming for every new map that will come in future seasons, so 20v20 team battles on the full maps would be a win-win situation for all.
  • PopoTateo
    4867 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    You won’t get the large maps if they add 20 v 20 though. The maps are broken up into sections. How would they open up all parts of the map in a simple team death match? I’m pretty sure the reason the large maps are in sections, is due to the graphics taking up so much info. I might be wrong though. Even if they could, I imagine 20 v 20 would be pretty silly on a full GA map.
    It needs to be GA as it is now to play the full large maps. It might be more realistic suggesting it on 2 or 3 maps to start with. If it goes down well, more could be added over time.
    You won’t get the large maps if they add 20 v 20 though. The maps are broken up into sections. How would they open up all parts of the map in a simple team death match? I’m pretty sure the reason the large maps are in sections, is due to the graphics taking up so much info. I might be wrong though. Even if they could, I imagine 20 v 20 would be pretty silly on a full GA map.
    It needs to be GA as it is now to play the full large maps. It might be more realistic suggesting it on 2 or 3 maps to start with. If it goes down well, more could be added over time.

I think best solution would be if they put 2 smaller maps of every planet for example theed palace and strike naboo map because it's outside. I agree that 20 v 20 tdm on big map would't work. But if they only add remaining blast maps would be great. But i doubt they will do it.