criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• Since we've got some time, what is your all's favorite arcade map / set up? I like takodana with 500 enemies onslaught playing as the resistance. Usually Luke or Rey.
  • Aris1368 wrote: »
    February comes Cargo, March comes the new Progression system.No where to be seen more Arcade content and season 2 updates.This has started to really get on my nerves.At this point I'm considering deleting the game.

Don't delete it just yet. So far everything still seems on track based on what they said:

We're working on a revamped progression system. Your feedback has been essential here, and we are preparing significant changes to progression that will address many of the things we've seen players asking for. We'll be sharing more details about these changes in March.

A game mode called Jetpack Cargo is coming in February. Two teams of eight players equipped with jet packs compete in Jetpack Cargo, a frantic, fast-paced way to play. This mode will only be available for a limited time, so don’t miss it.

A new Season is coming soon. We’ve learned a lot from the first season of content for Star Wars Battlefront II, and we're integrating those insights into our plans moving forward. We know you’re waiting for details on what’s coming in the next season, and we’ll have more to tell you soon.

So far it looks like we will be getting more Arcade stuff and perhaps maybe even Starfighter and Galactic Assaults added with the Season 2 and 3 updates which are seperate from the Progression Revamp and the Jetpack Cargo.
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    Aris1368 wrote: »
    February comes Cargo, March comes the new Progression system.No where to be seen more Arcade content and season 2 updates.This has started to really get on my nerves.At this point I'm considering deleting the game.

Don't delete it just yet. So far everything still seems on track based on what they said:

We're working on a revamped progression system. Your feedback has been essential here, and we are preparing significant changes to progression that will address many of the things we've seen players asking for. We'll be sharing more details about these changes in March.

A game mode called Jetpack Cargo is coming in February. Two teams of eight players equipped with jet packs compete in Jetpack Cargo, a frantic, fast-paced way to play. This mode will only be available for a limited time, so don’t miss it.

A new Season is coming soon. We’ve learned a lot from the first season of content for Star Wars Battlefront II, and we're integrating those insights into our plans moving forward. We know you’re waiting for details on what’s coming in the next season, and we’ll have more to tell you soon.

So far it looks like we will be getting more Arcade stuff and perhaps maybe even Starfighter and Galactic Assaults added with the Season 2 and 3 updates which are seperate from the Progression Revamp and the Jetpack Cargo.

Who cares about jump pack cargo we want more arcade! I really don't care about a pub mode. They said more arcade with next update not next next maybe after that update.
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    Jesbro wrote: »

Who cares about jump pack cargo we want more arcade! I really don't care about a pub mode. They said more arcade with next update not next next maybe after that update.

They said the maps would be in the next update. This could come with or before Jetpack Cargo. Sledge said most content comes with seasons. This means anything other than than maps will probably be in season 2.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.

Remember Criterion adjusted DLC plans to give us offline content. WE will get more Arcade content. I agree with you the wait sucks. If my last comment came off as harsh, you have my apologies.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.

Remember Criterion adjusted DLC plans to give us offline content. WE will get more Arcade content. I agree with you the wait sucks. If my last comment came off as harsh, you have my apologies.

You didn't come off harsh. Just tired of playing on line since work has gotten very busy and wife and kids things has picked up. No way I can play online more than 2 or 3 hours a week I will never see level 50 before 2021.
    The thing is they've been extremely vague about everything.We all know its EA not allowing communication, but they say stuff like "More Arcade content coming next update" and then "Most content comes in Seasons".So its understandable, we get the good things in the next Season, but then AGAIN you see stuff like "progression system and new modes BUT NO SEASON 2" and they mix everything up and it becomes a clusterf*ck.

Will Arcade modes/maps come in a Season, or in between? Why is the progression system not coming with Season 2? Or if it is, why not confirm it to hype us more? Does that mean that if progress gets added in March-April and Season isnt even teased, we will probably get it April-May?

Why do we have to wait 4 months for the release of a DLC since its considered to be less?

Is it because they want to add 4 Heroes instead of 2, like Obi, Grievous, Anakin and Dooku, maybe few more maps to cover a bigger portion of the Clone Wars? Well in that case I'd gladly wait for them to polish it.But we dont know ANYTHING.

I agree they are absurdly vague. My interpretation is Jetpack Cargo is probably just 2 way package delivery Strike forcing everyone to use Jump Trooper. It was probably done in less than a day to placate people until Season 2.

The Arcade maps come in February (probably not going to be another patch until Jetpack Cargo). The other content they are working on comes in Season 2.

Either Season 2 is going to be around May's Han Solo movie (I hope not!) or it will come with the progression patch but they are not allowed to say that. Dice likes announce things just days before they release so I can't say which one of these it is. Dice's communication is a mystery for sure.

KlownShueS wrote: »

You didn't come off harsh. Just tired of playing on line since work has gotten very busy and wife and kids things has picked up. No way I can play online more than 2 or 3 hours a week I will never see level 50 before 2021.

Thanks, I can concur online play can be frustrating.
    The thing is they've been extremely vague about everything.We all know its EA not allowing communication, but they say stuff like "More Arcade content coming next update" and then "Most content comes in Seasons".So its understandable, we get the good things in the next Season, but then AGAIN you see stuff like "progression system and new modes BUT NO SEASON 2" and they mix everything up and it becomes a clusterf*ck.

Will Arcade modes/maps come in a Season, or in between? Why is the progression system not coming with Season 2? Or if it is, why not confirm it to hype us more? Does that mean that if progress gets added in March-April and Season isnt even teased, we will probably get it April-May?

Why do we have to wait 4 months for the release of a DLC since its considered to be less?

Is it because they want to add 4 Heroes instead of 2, like Obi, Grievous, Anakin and Dooku, maybe few more maps to cover a bigger portion of the Clone Wars? Well in that case I'd gladly wait for them to polish it.But we dont know ANYTHING.

I agree they are absurdly vague. My interpretation is Jetpack Cargo is just 2 way package delivery Strike forcing people to use Jump Troopers and was done in less than a day to placate people until season 2.

Arcade maps come with Jetpack Cargo. The other things they are working on for Arcade comes with Season 2.

Season 2 either starts with the progression patch or It is centered around May's Han Solo movie (I hope not). Dice likes to keep secrets until the last second so no way to tell which it is.
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1463 posts Member
    edited January 2018

The waiting definitely sucks but would be easier if they were more open. Sorry for the double reply, I didn't want the edit feature to eat that post. It already ate the post once.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member

"Work has gotten busy", I'm glad to hear that. Life with your family seems more important then playing a video game with a bunch of brainless bots. DUDE! It took two years, but I'm F,n impressed.
  • Can some one point me to where I can read stuff from this Some_Info guy? How does he know arcade stuff is coming in March?
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1463 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Can some one point me to where I can read stuff from this Some_Info guy? How does he know arcade stuff is coming in March?

Some_info is a reddit user that leaks stuff regarding the game. The mods ask we don't post links and will close topics if we do. Some_Info says Skirmish is coming first quarter of March; however, the devs have already confirmed Arcade was called Skirmish prior to release. There is a more convincing link from Criterion (the devs of Arcade) saying more Arcade is coming but it doesn't say when. Here is that link.
    Post edited by ELIMELECH0401 on

I agree they are absurdly vague. My interpretation is Jetpack Cargo is just 2 way package delivery Strike forcing people to use Jump Troopers and was done in less than a day to placate people until season 2.

Arcade maps come with Jetpack Cargo. The other things they are working on for Arcade comes with Season 2.

Season 2 either starts with the progression patch or It is centered around May's Han Solo movie (I hope not). Dice likes to keep secrets until the last second so no way to tell which it is.

Where is it that say more arcade maps with jump pack junk?

They didn't; however, Peter Vesti, a dev said the maps should be in the next patch on page 4 of this topic: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/80882/galactic-assault-starfighter-assault-in-arcade-mode#latest

I'm pretty sure Jetpack Cargo will require a patch but I don't expect a patch before then.
  • @KlownShueS

They didn't; however, Peter Vesti, a dev said the maps should be in the next patch on page 4 of this topic: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/80882/galactic-assault-starfighter-assault-in-arcade-mode#latest
    I'm pretty sure Jetpack Cargo will require a patch but I don't expect a patch before then.

I agree, now is the time for patience. They have a lot coming out in the next few months. We have confirmation that Arcade is being worked on, and will continue to be worked on. Like Jesbro, I think this is good news!
  • Waiting for a miracle :(
  • we must not expect huge things (like galactica assault) because we could be disappointed.
    if they add something cool we must be happy for that and not greedy.
    after all it is multiplayer game and today multiplayer games are only multiplayer with campaign or even without campaign (battlefield, overwach, PUBG, fortnite) even splatoon 2 on switch don't have local multiplayer
    and no one complains about it.
    we must understand that this isn't old batllefront from 2004 but reboot.
    is you play custom arcade it feels just like xl mode on old bf2. only problem is lack of maps but they promised they'l change it.

for me perfect arcade would be:

-team battle (blast with heroes) - equivalent of blast and heroes vs villians and free for all (onslaught). we alredy have that one :)

-starfighters team deathmatch - without many tasks just relaxing fun in space

-something like strike with heroes but with simpler tasks - equivalent of galactic assault (that mode is not necessarily but it would be cool)

for hone skills and for splitscreen or solo fun when you are not in the mood for multiplayer.

• Loyaavod wrote: »
    after all it is multiplayer game and today multiplayer games are only multiplayer with campaign or even without campaign (battlefield, overwach, PUBG, fortnite) even splatoon 2 on switch don't have local multiplayer

This isnt a multiplayer focused game.DICE repeatedly said that this time they are focusing on all aspects of the game, hence the addition of a campaign story.Can everyone stop spreading false info?
    You may not believe this, but you just wasted 3 seconds reading this™
    Loyaavod wrote: »

This isnt a multiplayer focused game.DICE repeatedly said that this time they are focusing on all aspects of the game, hence the addition of a campaign story.Can everyone stop spreading false info?

so we have campaign and arcade team deathmatch as singleplayer aspect. they never said that they would focus on copy pasted multiplayer with bots. watch dennis interview with eliott from battlefrontupdates. they said better and bigger skirmish. bigger- not yet but better- absolutely

• Sorry but I just don't want to play with 98% of the online players.

• Star Wars games have always been at their best when you were the hero and it was your efforts that turned the tide in the battle. If I want to feel like a useless expendable grunt I'll play a realistic game like Operation Flashpoint. Also, the ADAD spamming and combat roll nonsense that's rampant in MP just further kills the immersion for me. I want to feel like I'm in an epic adventure but instead it's like being sent back to middle school and forced to play with a bunch of obnoxious brats.
  • Star Wars games have always been at their best when you were the hero and it was your efforts that turned the tide in the battle. If I want to feel like a useless expendable grunt I'll play a realistic game like Operation Flashpoint. Also, the ADAD spamming and combat roll nonsense that's rampant in MP just further kills the immersion for me. I want to feel like I'm in an epic adventure but instead it's like being sent back to middle school and forced to play with a bunch of obnoxious brats.

Star wars movies have always been maded by george lucas but not anymore. The times have changed. You can always play older games if you don't like new one.
    Star Wars games have always been at their best when you were the hero and it was your efforts that turned the tide in the battle. If I want to feel like a useless expendable grunt I'll play a realistic game like Operation Flashpoint. Also, the ADAD spamming and combat roll nonsense that's rampant in MP just further kills the immersion for me. I want to feel like I'm in an epic adventure but instead it's like being sent back to middle school and forced to play with a bunch of obnoxious brats.

Star wars movies have always been maded by george lucas but not anymore. The times have changed. You can always play older games if you don't like new one.

And if you don't find the shift in focus from immersive, well thought out adventure games to grinding for lootcrates in an incoherent stream of online deathmatches something worth lamenting, why are you even in this thread other than to get off on being contrarian?
    Star Wars games have always been at their best when you were the hero and it was your efforts that turned the tide in the battle. If I want to feel like a useless expendable grunt I'll play a realistic game like Operation Flashpoint. Also, the ADAD spamming and combat roll nonsense that's rampant in MP just further kills the immersion for me. I want to feel like I'm in an epic adventure but instead it's like being sent back to middle school and forced to play with a bunch of obnoxious brats.

And if you don't find the shift in focus from immersive, well thought out adventure games to grinding for lootcrates in an incoherent stream of online deathmatches something worth lamenting, why are you even in this thread other than to get off on being contrarian?

So this thread is for acting like a spoild children?

• Aryck-The-One
    1685 posts Member
    edited January 2018

This thread is for diehard fans of the Star Wars and Battlefront franchises who have a feature that they really liked about the original games (Instant Action) that we would like to return. We are no different from the fans asking for the return of Conquest mode, the definitive game mode of the originals. Does that make Conquest fans spoiled children too? They could just as easily pick up Battlefield 1 if they want Conquest so badly...

But like us, Conquest fans do not want to play Battlefield 1. Like us, they are Star Wars fans, and they want that feature to be in a Star Wars game. They want to be immersed in a Star Wars setting, NOT a WWI, WWII, or modern setting. Conquest and Instant Action were both key features of the original games that are now gone, and we're asking for DICE and Criterion to bring these things back.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • If they would add galactic assault i would be so satisfied. You can play the vehicles and starfighters. That would be so great!
  • Loyaavod
    318 posts Member
    edited January 2018

This thread is for diehard fans of the Star Wars and Battlefront franchises who have a feature that they really liked about the original games (Instant Action) that we would like to return. We are no different from the fans asking for the return of Conquest mode, the definitive game mode of the originals. Does that make Conquest fans spoiled children too? They could just as easily pick up Battlefield 1 if they want Conquest so badly...

But like us, Conquest fans do not want to play Battlefield 1. Like us, they are Star Wars fans, and they want that feature to be in a Star Wars game. They want to be immersed in a Star Wars setting, NOT a WWI, WWII, or modern setting. Conquest and Instant Action were both key features of the original games that are now gone, and we're asking for DICE and Criterion to bring these things back.

[/quote]

No.

Spoiled Children are those like (you know who) who only care about multiplayer and do not want them to update Arcade mode at all for fear that it will mean less stuff for the online modes.

A fear that could not be further from the truth.

Everyone else here are those like me who want a Bigger and Better Arcade mode that actually includes EVERYTHING ALREADY AVAILABLE in the online modes such as the large maps and vehicles! [/quote]

I also want larger maps and vehicles but i don't want copy paste but something interesting and original. Like i said strike with heroes and vehicles. But all blast maps will also make me happy :)
    we must not expect huge things (like galactica assault) because we could be disappointed.
    if they add something cool we must be happy for that and not greedy.
    we must understand that this isn't old batllefront from 2004 but reboot.
    is you play custom arcade it feels just like xl mode on old bf2. only problem is lack of maps but they promised they'l change it.

for me perfect arcade would be:

-team battle (blast with heroes) - equivalent of blast and heroes vs villians and free for all (onslaught). we alredy have that one :)

-starfighters team deathmatch - without many tasks just relaxing fun in space

-something like strike with heroes but with simpler tasks - equivalent of galactic assault (that mode is not necessarily but it would be cool)

for hone skills and for splitscreen or solo fun when you are not in the mood for multiplayer.

Criterion said they adjusted their DLC plans to cater to offline requests. They wouldn't alter plans for something super small. A game without local MP is usually only worth it for the single player aspect. I play online in very few games unless I am going for unlocks and Xbox achievements. Long live split screen! Before any one asks, I bought this game for the campaign, Arcade mode, and because devs said they were going to support those modes.

Arcade doesn't feel like BF 2005 minus maps, it is also missing hero AI, star fighters, ground vehicles and objectives. All these are in your perfect Arcade except ground vehicles. I want hero AI, vehicles (with AI), a large mode with objectives (not necessarily GA), and SA. These are not to different from you perfect Arcade.

Agree.
    I also want larger maps and vehicles but i don't want copy paste but something interesting and original. Like i said strike with heroes and vehicles. But all blast maps will also make me happy :)

Something interesting and original could be good if they really cannot do Galactic Assault in Arcade.

However I feel that will only work if we still get ALL of the larger maps and vehicles into it as well :)

Something interesting and original could be good if they really cannot do Galactic Assault in Arcade.

However I feel that will only work if we still get ALL of the larger maps and vehicles into it as well :)

What's the point of adding Strike with heroes and vehicles to Arcade? Strike is easily the most boring multiplayer mode, and it would be easier if the devs were to simply expand the playable area for existing Arcade maps and add 20v20, vehicles, and starfighters to Team Battle and Onslaught.

As for alternatives to Galactic Assault, the best they could do is Conquest with up to 64 AI bots, or 20v20 Supremacy if the game can't handle that many AI (though I see no reason it couldn't, considering the Battlefield games can network 64 players together just fine).

What's the point of adding Strike with heroes and vehicles to Arcade? Strike is easily the most boring multiplayer mode, and it would be easier if the devs were to simply expand the playable area for existing Arcade maps and add 20v20, vehicles, and starfighters to Team Battle and Onslaught.

As for alternatives to Galactic Assault, the best they could do is Conquest with up to 64 AI bots, or 20v20 Supremacy if the game can't handle that many AI (though I see no reason it couldn't, considering the Battlefield games can network 64 players together just fine).

I definitely think GA or Conquest would be better; however, Strike would be better than nothing for an objective mode if the devs can't/won't do the others.
  • I’m just a little worried that criterion hasn’t tweeted in a while about upcoming arcade content. I think they’re hard at work right now though! I have faith in this team
  • Aryck-The-One
    1685 posts Member
    edited January 2018

I definitely think GA or Conquest would be better; however, Strike would be better than nothing for an objective mode if the devs can't/won't do the others.

No, no, no... Supremacy at the very least should be possible. They had it in the previous game, and it's within reason to assume they'd be able to program the AI to take capture points were they to add it to Arcade in this game.

But Strike I wouldn't even bother with. The maps are too small for vehicles and starfighters, and from my memories of playing 1-Flag CTF in Instant Action in the original Battlefront, 1-sided objective modes against AI are not fun. In Conquest and Supremacy, you're playing a constant tug-of-war with the AI where bots can get the better of you if you underestimate them.

In Strike, all you would have to do is camp the objective and slaughter bots as they try to cap it. That does not sound like fun to me. At all. To settle for adding Strike of all things to Arcade is to set your standards way too low.

No, no, no... Supremacy at the very least should be possible. They had it in the previous game, and it's within reason to assume they'd be able to program the AI to take capture points were they to add it to Arcade in this game.

But Strike I wouldn't even bother with. The maps are too small for vehicles and starfighters, and from my memories of playing 1-Flag CTF in Instant Action in the original Battlefront, 1-sided objective modes against AI are not fun. In Conquest and Supremacy, you're playing a constant tug-of-war with the AI where bots can get the better of you if you underestimate them.

In Strike, all you would have to do is camp the objective and slaughter bots as they try to cap it. That does not sound like fun to me. At all. To settle for adding Strike of all things to Arcade is to set your standards way too low.

Personally i think Supremacy would work even on the small restricted maps until they decide to add larger maps at a later date. We've seen in SWBF1 that bots were able to activate/deactivate uplinks in skirmish walker assault, so supremacy should be the easiest objective based mode to implement.
  • I'm tired of hearing be patient when it should of been there from the start like they said.!

This was their last chance and just like their last movie they have left us with a last time we go see or play. They was the last hope but like Yoda said no there is another and it ain't rey