criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

14041434546161

Replies

  • Jesbro wrote: »
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    I also want larger maps and vehicles but i don't want copy paste but something interesting and original. Like i said strike with heroes and vehicles. But all blast maps will also make me happy :)

    Something interesting and original could be good if they really cannot do Galactic Assault in Arcade.

    However I feel that will only work if we still get ALL of the larger maps and vehicles into it as well :)

    What's the point of adding Strike with heroes and vehicles to Arcade? Strike is easily the most boring multiplayer mode, and it would be easier if the devs were to simply expand the playable area for existing Arcade maps and add 20v20, vehicles, and starfighters to Team Battle and Onslaught.

    As for alternatives to Galactic Assault, the best they could do is Conquest with up to 64 AI bots, or 20v20 Supremacy if the game can't handle that many AI (though I see no reason it couldn't, considering the Battlefield games can network 64 players together just fine).

    I definitely think GA or Conquest would be better; however, Strike would be better than nothing for an objective mode if the devs can't/won't do the others.

    No, no, no... Supremacy at the very least should be possible. They had it in the previous game, and it's within reason to assume they'd be able to program the AI to take capture points were they to add it to Arcade in this game.

    But Strike I wouldn't even bother with. The maps are too small for vehicles and starfighters, and from my memories of playing 1-Flag CTF in Instant Action in the original Battlefront, 1-sided objective modes against AI are not fun. In Conquest and Supremacy, you're playing a constant tug-of-war with the AI where bots can get the better of you if you underestimate them.

    In Strike, all you would have to do is camp the objective and slaughter bots as they try to cap it. That does not sound like fun to me. At all. To settle for adding Strike of all things to Arcade is to set your standards way too low.

    Supremacy would also be better than Strike. I think something better than Strike will be done. I am honestly torn between thinking they will add GA to Arcade and thinking they will make Conquest for online and Arcade or both.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    I also want larger maps and vehicles but i don't want copy paste but something interesting and original. Like i said strike with heroes and vehicles. But all blast maps will also make me happy :)

    Something interesting and original could be good if they really cannot do Galactic Assault in Arcade.

    However I feel that will only work if we still get ALL of the larger maps and vehicles into it as well :)

    What's the point of adding Strike with heroes and vehicles to Arcade? Strike is easily the most boring multiplayer mode, and it would be easier if the devs were to simply expand the playable area for existing Arcade maps and add 20v20, vehicles, and starfighters to Team Battle and Onslaught.

    As for alternatives to Galactic Assault, the best they could do is Conquest with up to 64 AI bots, or 20v20 Supremacy if the game can't handle that many AI (though I see no reason it couldn't, considering the Battlefield games can network 64 players together just fine).

    I definitely think GA or Conquest would be better; however, Strike would be better than nothing for an objective mode if the devs can't/won't do the others.

    No, no, no... Supremacy at the very least should be possible. They had it in the previous game, and it's within reason to assume they'd be able to program the AI to take capture points were they to add it to Arcade in this game.

    But Strike I wouldn't even bother with. The maps are too small for vehicles and starfighters, and from my memories of playing 1-Flag CTF in Instant Action in the original Battlefront, 1-sided objective modes against AI are not fun. In Conquest and Supremacy, you're playing a constant tug-of-war with the AI where bots can get the better of you if you underestimate them.

    In Strike, all you would have to do is camp the objective and slaughter bots as they try to cap it. That does not sound like fun to me. At all. To settle for adding Strike of all things to Arcade is to set your standards way too low.

    Supremacy would also be better than Strike. I think something better than Strike will be done. I am honestly torn between thinking they will add GA to Arcade and thinking they will make Conquest for online and Arcade or both.

    We can only wish something this awesome would be add.
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    I'm tired of hearing be patient when it should of been there from the start like they said.!

    This was their last chance and just like their last movie they have left us with a last time we go see or play. They was the last hope but like Yoda said no there is another and it ain't rey

    Hold on a little bit longer. We've had more positive news in the last few weeks/days then we ever had before. Devs are actively tweeting about it. They even told us more content should be in the next patch. I'm not saying it will be everything, but we are seeing positive steps in the right direction. If the devs are excited about it, then we should be encouraged.

    well said feeling more positive ;)
  • I'd love to have one or two large map battle modes that can be played offline. How about a single player starfighter assault mode too?
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    A little off topic but this thread now has over 100k views! That has to be some sort of record.

    And with the tweet from Dennis saying more Arcade content is coming things are moving in the right direction :)

    I’m hopeful, 100k is a clear indication that a large section of this community wants a truly complete single player experience.
    New arcade maps are confirmed by Devs, Starfighter assult is hopefully coming with session 2 and then we’ll hopefully get some sort of large map battle either GA or conquest!
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    Star Wars games have always been at their best when you were the hero and it was your efforts that turned the tide in the battle. If I want to feel like a useless expendable grunt I'll play a realistic game like Operation Flashpoint. Also, the ADAD spamming and combat roll nonsense that's rampant in MP just further kills the immersion for me. I want to feel like I'm in an epic adventure but instead it's like being sent back to middle school and forced to play with a bunch of obnoxious brats.

    Star wars movies have always been maded by george lucas but not anymore. The times have changed. You can always play older games if you don't like new one.

    Times have not changed tho as far as gaming, at least not a whole lot. I wish people would stop saying that. Offline/Singleplayer games still sell millions of copies. Just as many as MP games. Its not "out of touch" to want to play a game on your own by any means. Smh...

    Yes. Singleplayer games still sell millions of copies but singleplayer only games like witcher 3, wolfenstein, uncharted, gta v etc. Even if game have multiplayer mode (gta, uncharted...) it's only online multiplayer not local vs bots. Uncharted 1-3 had split screen but uncharted 4 don't have. Splatoon 1 had local vs mod splatoon 2 have only campaign as offline. They don't want to make competitive shooter offline with bots anymore and we must be happy that battlefront still got it even small one. They gave us campaign as offline. You can see on bf official site campaign and multiplayer but arcade nowhere ( i know under multiplayer modes but hard to notice). I said thimes had changed not that i like that but sooner we accept it we will be happier and less bitter. They promised more arcade content but don't expect to much.
  • So i gave you few examples and you gave just one and my point is moot?
    Yes call of duty have local play but it's like you said one of the most popular and best selling franchises of all time and they can take that risk. If they add instant action and you can chose map or faction then they are afraid that many people won't play multiplayer where you can't chose anything exept mode. And then servers would be empty. You must understand that for battlefront you must be fan of star wars, fan of video games and fan of shooter games. An if someone is fan of competitive shooter and not fan of star wars he can always play call of duty or battlefield. And also we know how can star wars fans act sometimes. I also want instant action but i'd rather have something smaller and finished (all locations, heroes, guns etc.) but something huge and unfinished like skirmish in bf1 without any dlc map or mode. I'm not defending DICE or EA. Today are a wierd times for video games and we can accept that and enjoy in games or avoid them and wait for better times (without microtransactions) and play older games.
  • Loyaavod wrote: »
    So i gave you few examples and you gave just one and my point is moot?
    Yes call of duty have local play but it's like you said one of the most popular and best selling franchises of all time and they can take that risk. If they add instant action and you can chose map or faction then they are afraid that many people won't play multiplayer where you can't chose anything exept mode. And then servers would be empty. You must understand that for battlefront you must be fan of star wars, fan of video games and fan of shooter games. An if someone is fan of competitive shooter and not fan of star wars he can always play call of duty or battlefield. And also we know how can star wars fans act sometimes. I also want instant action but i'd rather have something smaller and finished (all locations, heroes, guns etc.) but something huge and unfinished like skirmish in bf1 without any dlc map or mode. I'm not defending DICE or EA. Today are a wierd times for video games and we can accept that and enjoy in games or avoid them and wait for better times (without microtransactions) and play older games.

    There is something you are not seeing though which is why everyone are disagreeing with your posts.

    If you really do want them to add Starfighter and Galactic Assaults to Arcade like the rest of us than STOP SAYING THAT YOU THINK IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN !

    Instead we need to focus on WHY IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN !

    The small maps and modes will never be enough. Nothing you can say will change that.

    We will never stop asking for it until they are added to Arcade with ALL of their Maps and Vehicles with AI for those vehicles as well.

    You say you want this like the rest of us yet your posts seem to make us think you don't want this and so now it is time to end this debate right here!

    Are you one of those that want Starfighter Assault and Galactic Assault to be added to Arcade?

    Or are you one of those that don't want that?

  • SAM4XE
    387 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Unconfirmed reports that Starfighter Assault will be coming in February. If true then along with remaining stock maps coming, this is fantastic news and possibly the beginning of some great future offline content.
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    So i gave you few examples and you gave just one and my point is moot?
    Yes call of duty have local play but it's like you said one of the most popular and best selling franchises of all time and they can take that risk. If they add instant action and you can chose map or faction then they are afraid that many people won't play multiplayer where you can't chose anything exept mode. And then servers would be empty. You must understand that for battlefront you must be fan of star wars, fan of video games and fan of shooter games. An if someone is fan of competitive shooter and not fan of star wars he can always play call of duty or battlefield. And also we know how can star wars fans act sometimes. I also want instant action but i'd rather have something smaller and finished (all locations, heroes, guns etc.) but something huge and unfinished like skirmish in bf1 without any dlc map or mode. I'm not defending DICE or EA. Today are a wierd times for video games and we can accept that and enjoy in games or avoid them and wait for better times (without microtransactions) and play older games.

    There is a problem with your posts though.

    If you really want Starfighter Assault and Galactic Assault in Arcade like the rest of us than why are you saying that the small maps are enough?

    The small modes will NEVER BE ENOUGH and nothing anyone says will change that.

    We will never stop asking for it until they are added and while you say you want this as well your posts seem to say that you don't.

    It is time to end this debate and confirm which side are you on?

    Are you one of those like me who wants them to add Starfighter Assault and Galactic Assault to Arcade?

    Or are you one of those like Blazur who don't want this?

    If i really want something i need to lie down on the floor and scream like a little baby?

    I never said i don't want something like GA and SFA in arcade but i think they first need to finish what they started with adding all smaller maps.
    Also i think they need to add online co op first for guys on pc (I'm ps4 player). Also i'm not gonna kill myself if they don't add bigger maps and modes to arcade.

    I support you but you are trying to forbid me to have an opinion on something. Is it forbiden to enjoy arcade without GA?
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1500 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    Star Wars games have always been at their best when you were the hero and it was your efforts that turned the tide in the battle. If I want to feel like a useless expendable grunt I'll play a realistic game like Operation Flashpoint. Also, the ADAD spamming and combat roll nonsense that's rampant in MP just further kills the immersion for me. I want to feel like I'm in an epic adventure but instead it's like being sent back to middle school and forced to play with a bunch of obnoxious brats.

    Star wars movies have always been maded by george lucas but not anymore. The times have changed. You can always play older games if you don't like new one.

    Times have not changed tho as far as gaming, at least not a whole lot. I wish people would stop saying that. Offline/Singleplayer games still sell millions of copies. Just as many as MP games. Its not "out of touch" to want to play a game on your own by any means. Smh...

    Yes. Singleplayer games still sell millions of copies but singleplayer only games like witcher 3, wolfenstein, uncharted, gta v etc. Even if game have multiplayer mode (gta, uncharted...) it's only online multiplayer not local vs bots. Uncharted 1-3 had split screen but uncharted 4 don't have. Splatoon 1 had local vs mod splatoon 2 have only campaign as offline. They don't want to make competitive shooter offline with bots anymore and we must be happy that battlefront still got it even small one. They gave us campaign as offline. You can see on bf official site campaign and multiplayer but arcade nowhere ( i know under multiplayer modes but hard to notice). I said thimes had changed not that i like that but sooner we accept it we will be happier and less bitter. They promised more arcade content but don't expect to much.

    We should not accept lack of local MP from any company. We should let them know there are still plenty that want it. This will cause more devs to make it. Long live split screen!

    SWBF 2 has some local MP, and has stated more is on the way. The devs make it sound like a good amount of content is on the way. I am thankful for this. My previous paragraph was in regards to thr industry as a whole.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Loyaavod wrote: »
    I support you but you are trying to forbid me to have an opinion on something. Is it forbiden to enjoy arcade without GA?

    The thing is, you keep saying you "support" us, yet your opinions convey apathy and even selfishness... basically you're saying that because you are content with Arcade as it is, adding Starfighter Assault and Galactic Assault is not essential. People tend to not appreciate apathy anymore than outright opposition.
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    I never said i don't want something like GA and SFA in arcade but i think they first need to finish what they started with adding all smaller maps.
    Also i think they need to add online co op first for guys on pc (I'm ps4 player). Also i'm not gonna kill myself if they don't add bigger maps and modes to arcade.

    Smaller maps are already on track to be released in the next patch, so that's a non-issue. As for adding online co-op for PC players, that is the responsibility of an entirely different group of people from the ones who would be making Galactic Assault and Starfighter Assault playable in Arcade. Networking is not the responsibility of an AI programmer.
    if

    No. You act like you are boss here and if somebody say something that is not what you think is wrong. And you call me selfish?

    Starfighters for arcade are essential and i said that before.

    Smaller maps wont be issue after they add them in the game. They said many things before that never become reality.
    Is this criterion games forum or star wars battlefront forum? I don't care who made something if it's right thing.
  • Jesbro
    645 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    if

    No. You act like you are boss here and if somebody say something that is not what you think is wrong. And you call me selfish?
    This is something between you two and honestly to me you both are selfish by calling the other one selfish.
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    Starfighters for arcade are essential and i said that before.

    Yes we agree on this.
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    Smaller maps wont be issue after they add them in the game. They said many things before that never become reality.

    Not sure what things in the past they said that did not happen?

    But everything that they have Officially Confirmed in the past and what they are confirming now did happen and will happen! They have Officially Confirmed that the rest of the small maps are coming so that is guaranteed at this point.
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    Is this criterion games forum or star wars battlefront forum? I don't care who made something if it's right thing.

    It is the Official Star Wars Battlefront forums and is for all developers that made the game including both Dice and Criterion.

  • Loyaavod wrote: »
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    Star Wars games have always been at their best when you were the hero and it was your efforts that turned the tide in the battle. If I want to feel like a useless expendable grunt I'll play a realistic game like Operation Flashpoint. Also, the ADAD spamming and combat roll nonsense that's rampant in MP just further kills the immersion for me. I want to feel like I'm in an epic adventure but instead it's like being sent back to middle school and forced to play with a bunch of obnoxious brats.

    Star wars movies have always been maded by george lucas but not anymore. The times have changed. You can always play older games if you don't like new one.

    Times have not changed tho as far as gaming, at least not a whole lot. I wish people would stop saying that. Offline/Singleplayer games still sell millions of copies. Just as many as MP games. Its not "out of touch" to want to play a game on your own by any means. Smh...

    Yes. Singleplayer games still sell millions of copies but singleplayer only games like witcher 3, wolfenstein, uncharted, gta v etc. Even if game have multiplayer mode (gta, uncharted...) it's only online multiplayer not local vs bots. Uncharted 1-3 had split screen but uncharted 4 don't have. Splatoon 1 had local vs mod splatoon 2 have only campaign as offline. They don't want to make competitive shooter offline with bots anymore and we must be happy that battlefront still got it even small one. They gave us campaign as offline. You can see on bf official site campaign and multiplayer but arcade nowhere ( i know under multiplayer modes but hard to notice). I said thimes had changed not that i like that but sooner we accept it we will be happier and less bitter. They promised more arcade content but don't expect to much.

    We should not accept lack of local MP from any company. We should let them know there are still plenty that want it. This will cause more devs to make it. Long live split screen!

    SWBF 2 has some local MP, and has stated more is on the way. The devs make it sound like a good amount of content is on the way. I am thankful for this. My previous paragraph was in regards to thr industry as a whole.

    Split screen is dead! Long live split screen! :)
    Just joking. I think it's sad that games don't have split screen anymore and excuses for that are even more sad. That's why i don't like new racing games.
  • Loyaavod wrote: »
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    Star Wars games have always been at their best when you were the hero and it was your efforts that turned the tide in the battle. If I want to feel like a useless expendable grunt I'll play a realistic game like Operation Flashpoint. Also, the ADAD spamming and combat roll nonsense that's rampant in MP just further kills the immersion for me. I want to feel like I'm in an epic adventure but instead it's like being sent back to middle school and forced to play with a bunch of obnoxious brats.

    Star wars movies have always been maded by george lucas but not anymore. The times have changed. You can always play older games if you don't like new one.

    Times have not changed tho as far as gaming, at least not a whole lot. I wish people would stop saying that. Offline/Singleplayer games still sell millions of copies. Just as many as MP games. Its not "out of touch" to want to play a game on your own by any means. Smh...

    Yes. Singleplayer games still sell millions of copies but singleplayer only games like witcher 3, wolfenstein, uncharted, gta v etc. Even if game have multiplayer mode (gta, uncharted...) it's only online multiplayer not local vs bots. Uncharted 1-3 had split screen but uncharted 4 don't have. Splatoon 1 had local vs mod splatoon 2 have only campaign as offline. They don't want to make competitive shooter offline with bots anymore and we must be happy that battlefront still got it even small one. They gave us campaign as offline. You can see on bf official site campaign and multiplayer but arcade nowhere ( i know under multiplayer modes but hard to notice). I said thimes had changed not that i like that but sooner we accept it we will be happier and less bitter. They promised more arcade content but don't expect to much.

    We should not accept lack of local MP from any company. We should let them know there are still plenty that want it. This will cause more devs to make it. Long live split screen!

    SWBF 2 has some local MP, and has stated more is on the way. The devs make it sound like a good amount of content is on the way. I am thankful for this. My previous paragraph was in regards to thr industry as a whole.

    Split screen is dead! Long live split screen! :)
    Just joking. I think it's sad that games don't have split screen anymore and excuses for that are even more sad. That's why i don't like new racing games.

    On this we can agree.

    Dont know if you saw my edit but they have Officially Confirmed that the rest of the small maps are coming so that is guaranteed at this point.
    Revan1 wrote: »
    Anyone know if they added the rest of the arcade maps in this update? I’ve been waiting so long for the rest of the maps/modes to be added :/

    Sorry not in this one, but should be in the next one. Working on it.

    This is an official quote from a developer confirming that the rest of the small maps are coming!
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    if

    No. You act like you are boss here and if somebody say something that is not what you think is wrong. And you call me selfish?
    This is something between you two and honestly to me you both are selfish by calling the other one selfish.
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    Starfighters for arcade are essential and i said that before.

    Yes we agree on this.
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    Smaller maps wont be issue after they add them in the game. They said many things before that never become reality.

    Not sure what things in the past they said that did not happen?

    But everything that they have Officially Confirmed in the past and what they are confirming now did happen and will happen! They have Officially Confirmed that the rest of the small maps are coming so that is guaranteed at this point.
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    Is this criterion games forum or star wars battlefront forum? I don't care who made something if it's right thing.

    It is the Official Star Wars Battlefront forums and is for all developers that made the game including both Dice and Criterion.

    Never caled him selfish.

    They said that campaign is from empire perspective (i like campaign but it was sort of a lie).
    They said bigger skirmish and it was also a lie at least for now.

    I know that it's the official bf forum :) it was kind of question that dosen't need to be answered.
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    I support you but you are trying to forbid me to have an opinion on something. Is it forbiden to enjoy arcade without GA?

    The thing is, you keep saying you "support" us, yet your opinions convey apathy and even selfishness... basically you're saying that because you are content with Arcade as it is, adding Starfighter Assault and Galactic Assault is not essential. People tend to not appreciate apathy anymore than outright opposition.
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    I never said i don't want something like GA and SFA in arcade but i think they first need to finish what they started with adding all smaller maps.
    Also i think they need to add online co op first for guys on pc (I'm ps4 player). Also i'm not gonna kill myself if they don't add bigger maps and modes to arcade.

    Smaller maps are already on track to be released in the next patch, so that's a non-issue. As for adding online co-op for PC players, that is the responsibility of an entirely different group of people from the ones who would be making Galactic Assault and Starfighter Assault playable in Arcade. Networking is not the responsibility of an AI programmer.

    ^ This is exactly what I was trying to say.

    The small maps are better than nothing but it is still nowhere near as good as we know it can be.

    What we all want is for it to be as good as it can be and the only people that would disagree with that are those that would want the game to fail.

    And that certain someone clicking the disagree button for every post that wants Galactic Assault and Starfighter Assault in Arcade is pretty much proving my point.

    Agree.
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1500 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    Star Wars games have always been at their best when you were the hero and it was your efforts that turned the tide in the battle. If I want to feel like a useless expendable grunt I'll play a realistic game like Operation Flashpoint. Also, the ADAD spamming and combat roll nonsense that's rampant in MP just further kills the immersion for me. I want to feel like I'm in an epic adventure but instead it's like being sent back to middle school and forced to play with a bunch of obnoxious brats.

    Star wars movies have always been maded by george lucas but not anymore. The times have changed. You can always play older games if you don't like new one.

    Times have not changed tho as far as gaming, at least not a whole lot. I wish people would stop saying that. Offline/Singleplayer games still sell millions of copies. Just as many as MP games. Its not "out of touch" to want to play a game on your own by any means. Smh...

    Yes. Singleplayer games still sell millions of copies but singleplayer only games like witcher 3, wolfenstein, uncharted, gta v etc. Even if game have multiplayer mode (gta, uncharted...) it's only online multiplayer not local vs bots. Uncharted 1-3 had split screen but uncharted 4 don't have. Splatoon 1 had local vs mod splatoon 2 have only campaign as offline. They don't want to make competitive shooter offline with bots anymore and we must be happy that battlefront still got it even small one. They gave us campaign as offline. You can see on bf official site campaign and multiplayer but arcade nowhere ( i know under multiplayer modes but hard to notice). I said thimes had changed not that i like that but sooner we accept it we will be happier and less bitter. They promised more arcade content but don't expect to much.

    We should not accept lack of local MP from any company. We should let them know there are still plenty that want it. This will cause more devs to make it. Long live split screen!

    SWBF 2 has some local MP, and has stated more is on the way. The devs make it sound like a good amount of content is on the way. I am thankful for this. My previous paragraph was in regards to thr industry as a whole.

    Split screen is dead! Long live split screen! :)
    Just joking. I think it's sad that games don't have split screen anymore and excuses for that are even more sad. That's why i don't like new racing games.

    Split screen starting to make comeback! I have heard Major Nelson has mentioned games for their split screen. Halo devs have stated there won't be another game with out split screen because people we complained it was not in 5. Nascar Heat 1 didn't have it yet Nascar Heat 2 does.

    The devs said split screen was a large request for SWBF. There are a number of us in this topic that prefers split screen over online. I'd rather play Arcade as is over online because of split screen. The more Arcade content they add, the happier I'll be with the game.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Unconfirmed reports that Starfighter Assault will be coming in February. If true then along with remaining stock maps coming, this is fantastic news and possibly the beginning of some great future offline content.

    This would be awesome.
    Jesbro wrote: »
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    Star Wars games have always been at their best when you were the hero and it was your efforts that turned the tide in the battle. If I want to feel like a useless expendable grunt I'll play a realistic game like Operation Flashpoint. Also, the ADAD spamming and combat roll nonsense that's rampant in MP just further kills the immersion for me. I want to feel like I'm in an epic adventure but instead it's like being sent back to middle school and forced to play with a bunch of obnoxious brats.

    Star wars movies have always been maded by george lucas but not anymore. The times have changed. You can always play older games if you don't like new one.

    Times have not changed tho as far as gaming, at least not a whole lot. I wish people would stop saying that. Offline/Singleplayer games still sell millions of copies. Just as many as MP games. Its not "out of touch" to want to play a game on your own by any means. Smh...

    Yes. Singleplayer games still sell millions of copies but singleplayer only games like witcher 3, wolfenstein, uncharted, gta v etc. Even if game have multiplayer mode (gta, uncharted...) it's only online multiplayer not local vs bots. Uncharted 1-3 had split screen but uncharted 4 don't have. Splatoon 1 had local vs mod splatoon 2 have only campaign as offline. They don't want to make competitive shooter offline with bots anymore and we must be happy that battlefront still got it even small one. They gave us campaign as offline. You can see on bf official site campaign and multiplayer but arcade nowhere ( i know under multiplayer modes but hard to notice). I said thimes had changed not that i like that but sooner we accept it we will be happier and less bitter. They promised more arcade content but don't expect to much.

    We should not accept lack of local MP from any company. We should let them know there are still plenty that want it. This will cause more devs to make it. Long live split screen!

    SWBF 2 has some local MP, and has stated more is on the way. The devs make it sound like a good amount of content is on the way. I am thankful for this. My previous paragraph was in regards to thr industry as a whole.

    Split screen is dead! Long live split screen! :)
    Just joking. I think it's sad that games don't have split screen anymore and excuses for that are even more sad. That's why i don't like new racing games.

    On this we can agree.

    Dont know if you saw my edit but they have Officially Confirmed that the rest of the small maps are coming so that is guaranteed at this point.
    Revan1 wrote: »
    Anyone know if they added the rest of the arcade maps in this update? I’ve been waiting so long for the rest of the maps/modes to be added :/

    Sorry not in this one, but should be in the next one. Working on it.

    This is an official quote from a developer confirming that the rest of the small maps are coming!

    It would be even better if SA came with them.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Unconfirmed reports that Starfighter Assault will be coming in February. If true then along with remaining stock maps coming, this is fantastic news and possibly the beginning of some great future offline content.

    That is some good news! That means every location in the game will be playable.

    First thing I am going to do is timeline every map. I might add some maps such as Death Star 2 and count them as also the first Death Star. Tatooine can be used for the Phantom Menace and A New Hope, ROTJ. Then I will make my own Galactic Conquest that stretches from Naboo till Crait. I will mix in some ground and air maps. Make my own proper campaign and use the respective heroes as such. Hopefully if they get the Heavy Lifting done on the stock maps, the dlc ones will be much easier to accomplish, because there won't be so many.

    As new maps come in I will add them to my list. That is great! I hope it is true!

    @TheBearShow I timelined them in the original battlefront 2!

    Star Wars Battlefront 2 Map Order (Chronological)

    Old Republic

    -Courascant (Taris)

    Clone Wars

    -Geonosis

    -Jabba's Palace

    -Geonosis

    -Kamino

    -Mustafar (Lola Sayu Citadel)

    -Polis Massa (Anaxes)

    -Mygeeto

    -Felucia

    -Kashyyyk

    -Utapau

    Imperial Period

    -Courascant

    -Polis Massa (Fort Anaxes)

    Rebellion Era

    -Tantive IV

    -Space Yavin

    -Yavin IV

    -Hoth

    -Endor

    Aftermath

    -Naboo (Chandrila)

    -Kashyyyk



    I finally rest. And watch the sun set on an offline universe.
  • Best thread on the boards
  • Unconfirmed reports that Starfighter Assault will be coming in February. If true then along with remaining stock maps coming, this is fantastic news and possibly the beginning of some great future offline content.

    That is some good news! That means every location in the game will be playable.

    First thing I am going to do is timeline every map. I might add some maps such as Death Star 2 and count them as also the first Death Star. Tatooine can be used for the Phantom Menace and A New Hope, ROTJ. Then I will make my own Galactic Conquest that stretches from Naboo till Crait. I will mix in some ground and air maps. Make my own proper campaign and use the respective heroes as such. Hopefully if they get the Heavy Lifting done on the stock maps, the dlc ones will be much easier to accomplish, because there won't be so many.

    As new maps come in I will add them to my list. That is great! I hope it is true!

    @TheBearShow I timelined them in the original battlefront 2!

    Star Wars Battlefront 2 Map Order (Chronological)

    Old Republic

    -Courascant (Taris)

    Clone Wars

    -Geonosis

    -Jabba's Palace

    -Geonosis

    -Kamino

    -Mustafar (Lola Sayu Citadel)

    -Polis Massa (Anaxes)

    -Mygeeto

    -Felucia

    -Kashyyyk

    -Utapau

    Imperial Period

    -Courascant

    -Polis Massa (Fort Anaxes)

    Rebellion Era

    -Tantive IV

    -Space Yavin

    -Yavin IV

    -Hoth

    -Endor

    Aftermath

    -Naboo (Chandrila)

    -Kashyyyk



    Sweet, thank you!
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1500 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Can we please focus on the offline content instead of those who disagree with us getting offline content? I am sorry if I helped derail this topic by discussing other games with split screen (there is one more comment about other games with split screen pending approval so it will randomly show up).

    Back on topic, what content do you think we will end up with? I think the devs are really gonna support Arcade and make SA then GA (with hero AI, vehicles and vehicle AI) as well as makling Arcade online as well. Conquest might debut online and come to Arcade later.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.

  • Can we please focus on the offline content instead of those who disagree with us getting offline content? I am sorry if I helped derail this topic by discussing other games with split screen (there is one more comment about other games with split screen pending approval so it will randomly show up).

    Back on topic, what content do you think we will end up with? I think the devs are really gonna support Arcade and make SA then GA (with hero AI, vehicles and vehicle AI) as well as making Arcade online as well. Conquest might debut online and come to Arcade later.

    Here's what I think we can expect for Arcade in the long run:
    • Starfighter Assault Arcade
    • Galactic Assault Arcade
    • Special Unit AI

    Maybe, if we're lucky, we could also see Hero AI, but so far I haven't seen much to suggest we might get that. Special Unit AI is a different story, as there are already AI for First Order Flametroopers and Imperial Rocket-Troopers in the campaign.

    Starfighter Assault and Galactic Assault are the most requested game modes; and there have been hints that Starfighter Assault may be coming to Arcade soon. Galactic Assault might take longer, given the wider variety of maps and scenarios, and the fact that GA, unlike Starfighter Assault, does not already have AI.

    I also think there's a possibility that Criterion may be selective in which maps are made playable offline for Galactic Assault; they may limit it to maps that feature vehicles. Crait, Takodana, Starkiller Base, Hoth, Yavin IV, Mos Eisley, Endor, Kashyyyk, and Naboo are all likely, though I suspect Criterion may not bother with maps like Death Star II, Jakku, and Kamino, since those maps are mostly infantry combat and offer nothing in the way of unique vehicles or units... and the main reason we all want Galactic Assault offline is for the big vehicle battles, which I'm sure Criterion is aware of.
    * * *

    Galactic Assault, Starfighter Assault, and Heroes Vs. Villains for Instant Action in Battlefront II!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Thanks for the answer. What release dates have you heard for SA? I can see your map theory for GA a possibility. Even if GA gets all the maps, Criterion will probably start with the vehicle maps. Regarding hero AI, I remember Mroz saying they were trying to figure it out in Sept and I have seen others request it, so I am hoping it gets done. I am super eager for that Community 1:1 topic to get answered there were lots of Arcade questions.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Can we please focus on the offline content instead of those who disagree with us getting offline content? I am sorry if I helped derail this topic by discussing other games with split screen (there is one more comment about other games with split screen pending approval so it will randomly show up).

    Back on topic, what content do you think we will end up with? I think the devs are really gonna support Arcade and make SA then GA (with hero AI, vehicles and vehicle AI) as well as making Arcade online as well. Conquest might debut online and come to Arcade later.

    Here's what I think we can expect for Arcade in the long run:
    • Starfighter Assault Arcade
    • Galactic Assault Arcade
    • Special Unit AI

    Maybe, if we're lucky, we could also see Hero AI, but so far I haven't seen much to suggest we might get that. Special Unit AI is a different story, as there are already AI for First Order Flametroopers and Imperial Rocket-Troopers in the campaign.

    Starfighter Assault and Galactic Assault are the most requested game modes; and there have been hints that Starfighter Assault may be coming to Arcade soon. Galactic Assault might take longer, given the wider variety of maps and scenarios, and the fact that GA, unlike Starfighter Assault, does not already have AI.

    I also think there's a possibility that Criterion may be selective in which maps are made playable offline for Galactic Assault; they may limit it to maps that feature vehicles. Crait, Takodana, Starkiller Base, Hoth, Yavin IV, Mos Eisley, Endor, Kashyyyk, and Naboo are all likely, though I suspect Criterion may not bother with maps like Death Star II, Jakku, and Kamino, since those maps are mostly infantry combat and offer nothing in the way of unique vehicles or units... and the main reason we all want Galactic Assault offline is for the big vehicle battles, which I'm sure Criterion is aware of.

    I forgot that there is no special unit ai.

    What do you think about starfighter assault maps? Wich ones are essential?
  • Thanks for the answer. What release dates have you heard for SA? I can see your map theory for GA a possibility. Even if GA gets all the maps, Criterion will probably start with the vehicle maps. Regarding hero AI, I remember Mroz saying they were trying to figure it out in Sept and I have seen others request it, so I am hoping it gets done. I am super eager for that Community 1:1 topic to get answered there were lots of Arcade questions.

    I heard the other guy mention that it's rumored to come out in February, though I'd like to know where he got that information from...
    * * *

    Galactic Assault, Starfighter Assault, and Heroes Vs. Villains for Instant Action in Battlefront II!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Ai need to attack other ai as well not all go for same target.
  • What do you think they improved in bf 2 arcade over bf1 skirmish and missions and what is worst in this game?
  • TheBearShow1
    309 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    What do you think they improved in bf 2 arcade over bf1 skirmish and missions and what is worst in this game?

    SWBF 1

    Seven WA maps on 5 different locations

    4 blast style maps on the base 4 locations of the game.

    6 Fighter Squadron maps also base game locations with Jakku added.

    No dlc whatsoever. Not even the remaining base game blast maps. Very limited customazation. Has the option to play online co op with friends as well.

    SWBF 2

    6 small blast style maps. Each with a unique location across all eras. Split/Screen

    Lots of customization.

    So hopefully in Feburary we get the other 6 arcade locations stock maps. Plus the six SA maps that are rumored as well. That would put the totals for each game as follows.

    SWBF1
    17 maps available in pve across 5 locations.

    SWBF2 if during Feb we get the Arcade/SA update.
    18 maps available across 18 different locations. Plus hopefully future dlc/seasons content. Would also like to see online co op be made available.





  • Loyaavod wrote: »
    What do you think they improved in bf 2 arcade over bf1 skirmish and missions and what is worst in this game?

    SWBF 1

    Seven WA maps on 5 different locations

    4 blast style maps on the base 4 locations of the game.

    6 Fighter Squadron maps also base game locations with Jakku added.

    No dlc whatsoever. Not even the remaining base game blast maps. Very limited customazation. Has the option to play online co op with friends as well.

    SWBF 2

    6 small blast style maps. Each with a unique location across all eras. Split/Screen

    Lots of customization.

    So hopefully in Feburary we get the other 6 arcade locations stock maps. Plus the six SA maps that are rumored as well. That would put the totals for each game as follows.

    SWBF1
    17 maps available in pve across 5 locations.

    SWBF2 if during Feb we get the Arcade/SA update.
    18 maps available across 18 different locations. Plus hopefully future dlc/seasons content. Would also like to see online co op be made available.




    I

    I think the maps will show up in Feb; however, i doubt SA will.

    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • If true then this is very positive news for offline gamers.

    Who runs that swbattlefront_c twittter?
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • If true then this is very positive news for offline gamers.

    Who runs that swbattlefront_c twittter?

    A friend who is just as passionate for getting Galactic Assault and Starfighter Assault added to Arcade mode as the rest of us :)
  • Hope that's all true but it sounds like rubbish to me don't think we will get that many heroes in one season but hope I am wrong.
  • It's fake. He confirmed it.
Sign In or Register to comment.