criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• Bespin in offline - Perfection !!! :)
  • Lightsaber Throw of at least Darth Maul is ignored by enemies
  • I'm absolutely loving the new Bespin map, but I can't help but notice the Rebels and the Imperial Heavy all have their Tatooine appearances in Arcade, whereas they have their Tantive IV uniforms in Blast...

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Bespin is amazing. Also anyone notice that when you select replay map it loads super quickly? Really happy with that.
  • really hope the free maps from the first are mainly the DLC maps since we never got those offline in the first game. Plus the blast maps are bigger since most if not all of them were made specifically for that game mode. Not just one big map cut into sections.
  • Loyaavod
    318 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    really hope the free maps from the first are mainly the DLC maps since we never got those offline in the first game. Plus the blast maps are bigger since most if not all of them were made specifically for that game mode. Not just one big map cut into sections.

All of them were made for all smaller modes and that was a bad decision because every mode need different map. In bf2 big map is cut into section but right one for every mode.
  • Loyaavod wrote: »
    really hope the free maps from the first are mainly the DLC maps since we never got those offline in the first game. Plus the blast maps are bigger since most if not all of them were made specifically for that game mode. Not just one big map cut into sections.

All of them were made for all smaller modes and that was a bad decision because every mode need different map. In bf2 big map is cut into section but right one for every mode.

It is I agree more or less (In arcade the boundaries should be bigger) But the best thing about the smaller made maps in the first game in BF2 arcade is that we get big maps that dont feel like they are artificially sealed off. Like bespin I can see everything and the only boundaries are if I jump off the side and die.
  • I enjoy the additional AI improvements and bug fixes they have done. It’s still not perfect, but at least now fighting the AI is more exciting.
  • LordAmaury
    263 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Very happy to have Bespin map offline too, hope to see more maps from BF2015 in arcade later. I didn't read all topics but has it be explained why we are limited to 20 players (10 on each side) instead of 40 ? Guess it may be related to the blast-kind game mode or directly tied to the engine and IA management ?
  • LordAmaury wrote: »
    Very happy to have Bespin map offline too, hope to see more maps from BF2015 in arcade later. I didn't read all topics but has it be explained why we are limited to 20 players (10 on each side) instead of 40 ? Guess it may be related to the blast-kind game mode or directly tied to the engine and IA management ?

Just the size of the map I'd assume. But we will get large scale battles at some point. Hopefully that will be 20v20 conquest.

• Lovely stuff, hopefully we get one of the two in April, don't really mind which. Currently leaning towards Starfighter Assault, but I'll still cry tears of joy if we got conquest.
  • McMast13 wrote: »

Lovely stuff, hopefully we get one of the two in April, don't really mind which. Currently leaning towards Starfighter Assault, but I'll still cry tears of joy if we got conquest.

Also leaning towards Starfighter Assault, because of objectives.
    I finally rest. And watch the sun set on an offline universe.
  • McMast13 wrote: »
    McMast13 wrote: »

Lovely stuff, hopefully we get one of the two in April, don't really mind which. Currently leaning towards Starfighter Assault, but I'll still cry tears of joy if we got conquest.

Also leaning towards Starfighter Assault, because of objectives.

Conquest would have objectives to (capturing command posts). I feel its a perfect mode to bring to online and offline, as players could play the objective if they wish or just get kills to lower the enemy's ticket count. I feel like I'd be an all-rounder.

I agree.
  • Last two post was well said.

• Could someone ask him when the next reveal will be please? Thanks.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.

They can't tell us anything.

As you know he can t give out specifics, but dont worry good stuff is coming...;)

As you know he can t give out specifics, but dont worry good stuff is coming...;)

I was wondering if he would say when he could give out the specifics.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.

They are not allowed to tell us that. Patience.

Could someone ask him when the next reveal will be please? Thanks.

They are not allowed to tell us that. Patience.

Patience is a virtue Anakin.
  • McMast13
    342 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Hopefully they give us more details in April as that’s the start of the new quarter. I don’t like how they can only tell us stuff for each quarter but oh well. Hopefully we can ask these questions in a community Q&A like we had in January (The start of the last Quarter)
  • Guys have you heard recent news about Experimental self-learning AI in Battlefield 1?
    Would be awesome to have it in Conqest mode!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZZsSx6kAi6Y

Yeah, this is insane. Absolutely love it. It NEEDS to be in Star Wars: Battlefront II.
    "All wings report in."
  • Here's a bit of wishlist for some maps both offline and online. Some of those maps are already available for online, from BF2 campaign or from BF1 so now we only need them to be converted for offline play for BF2 with bots like Bespin map. :)

It looks like a long list but most of the maps and assets already exist in either this game or BF1. Let me know what you guys think of this list!

- Naboo
    - Kamino
    - Kashyyk
    - Tatoiine
    - Yavin IV
    - Hoth
    - Bespin
    - Endor
    - Death star 2
    - Takodana
    - Jakku
    - Starkiller base
    - Crait
    (- Mustafar)
    (- Theed hangar)
    (- Jabba's palace)
    (- Snoke's Supremacy-ship)
    (- Geonosis)
    (- Sullust)
    (- Utapau)
    (- Death Star 1)
    (- Tantive IV)
    (- Han Solo-movie map)
    (- Coruscant)
    (- Pillio)
    (- Vardos)
  • Loyaavod
    318 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Does anyone know if the arcade maps for:
    - hoth,
    - jakku,
    - starkiller base,
    - endor,
    - theed,
    - kamino,
    - crait,
    - kashyyyk
    - death star 2
    are the same size as blast maps on the same location?

I know that yavin 4, mos eisley and takodana maps are smaller in arcade.
    Post edited by Loyaavod on
  • Maytheforcebewithyou
    1020 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Guys have you heard recent news about Experimental self-learning AI in Battlefield 1?

oh yeh. ;)
  • Saruman5000
    43 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Delete
  • TheBearShow1
    282 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    - hoth,
    - jakku,
    - starkiller base,
    - endor,
    - theed,
    - kamino,
    - crait,
    - kashyyyk
    - death star 2

The older original 6 Arcade maps that released at launch are smaller. The last 7 seem to be on par w/ Blast. I have been playing the older maps and 8v8 is a much better setting w/ the original maps. Clears out some of the congestion and allows for smoother spawns. Anyone else get this? I will try 8v8 on some of the newer maps.
    - hoth,
    - jakku,
    - starkiller base,
    - endor,
    - theed,
    - kamino,
    - crait,
    - kashyyyk
    - death star 2

The older original 6 Arcade maps that released at launch are smaller. The last 7 seem to be on par w/ Blast. I have been playing the older maps and 8v8 is a much better setting w/ the original maps. Clears out some of the congestion and allows for smoother spawns. Anyone else get this? I will try 8v8 on some of the newer maps.

Kamino, theed and starkiller base seem to be on par w/blast to me. Maybe i'm wrong but i think only yavin 4, mos eisley and takodana are smaller. Question is why they decided to make it that way :) i alway play 8 v 10.
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    - hoth,
    - jakku,
    - starkiller base,
    - endor,
    - theed,
    - kamino,
    - crait,
    - kashyyyk
    - death star 2

Kamino, theed and starkiller base seem to be on par w/blast to me. Maybe i'm wrong but i think only yavin 4, mos eisley and takodana are smaller. Question is why they decided to make it that way :) i alway play 8 v 10.

Ok, makes sense. That does seem about right. Will have to try that 8v10 as well. 8v8 is a little sparse on big maps like Bespin. I love having this customization.
  • Know what we need is Widget as a hero.
    And the Medicine Chief Ewok for a trooper.

Know why?

They be the best hero’s.

I can hear it. Oh my God everyone is being a Ewok. I am getting killed by Ewok. My side lost cause they made us into drums and smashed our At-Sts. Oh then they rocket launched a tree into a space to destroy a dreanaught which Poe was complain they killed his kill. Lol

Then while we are at, C3-P.O. has to be the special Gold god hero who can totally buff the Ewoks to become a stronger fighter force.

Other words. Whatever happens you all want to whine like girls.

Cause I bet you all be in for Mandorian world with all that Mandorian warriors. I be all my crafting parts on that. Dice can quote me on that.
    Two players on different teams....
    1 credit for join a game that ends.

b6vzww.jpg

• But don't they say that at every update? So I'm not holding my breath.
  • Just saying when they said every map location answer didn't have star fighter assault it felt like a slap in the face and a spit on our limp body.

No words they say can make me believe them. They have to show me over and over.

Even the new open world game I will wait a week after release to see what people say about it. Not them and for sure not YouTubers.
  • Jesbro
    630 posts Member
    Guys have you heard recent news about Experimental self-learning AI in Battlefield 1?

YES! And this excites me a lot for what could be coming for the next Battlefield game and maybe Battlefront II !!!

So far the leaks did say there was going to be a COOP Conquest mode against AI in the next Battlefield game so maybe these bots will be for that?

And since they have been playtesting them on Battlefield 1 maybe they will be added to that game and Battlefront II for us to play with and against in a big update later on.

That would be Amazing!
  • Starmasui73146
    1388 posts Member
    edited March 2018

Jesbro wrote: »

YES! And this excites me a lot for what could be coming for the next Battlefield game and maybe Battlefront II !!!

So far the leaks did say there was going to be a COOP Conquest mode against AI in the next Battlefield game so maybe these bots will be for that?

And since they have been playtesting them on Battlefield 1 maybe they will be added to that game and Battlefront II for us to play with and against in a big update later on.

That would be Amazing!

Self Learning computer programs? Have I just witnessed the birth of Skynet? Absolutely terrifying...

Well as long as the game doesn’t go all self aware on me like Skynet in Terminator, then I suppose it’s okay. Wow, A.I. that is almost to real, scary. Ah the future of Star Wars Battlefront gaming.

*Back on topic: Please give us a quality Offline “Conquest mode” Criterion, we are drooling at the bit here.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Guys have you heard recent news about Experimental self-learning AI in Battlefield 1?

Jesbro wrote: »

That would be Amazing!

Self Learning computer programs? Have I just witnessed the birth of Skynet? Absolutely terrifying...

Well as long as the game doesn’t go all self aware on me like Skynet in Terminator, then I suppose it’s okay. Wow, A.I. that is almost to real, scary. Ah the future of Star Wars Battlefront gaming.

*Back on topic: Please give us a quality Offline “Conquest mode” Criterion, we are drooling at the bit here.

this would be incredible! ;)
  • New AI? Sign me up. Can't wait to kick its ***** on conquest :) stay strong fellas this is definitely the year of single player