criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• Waswaf wrote: »
    I hope we get a taste of it when Season 2 releases next month. A larger variant of Team Battles with vehicles and starfighters would be cool, just like the original Battlefront from 2004.

That would be awesome.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • I was really surprised to see that they added a previous Bespin map to the game in March...and in arcade mode, I really hope to see another map in May update, many BF 2015 DLC maps were great, Jabba's palace or carbon chambers for exemple.
  • Waswaf
    88 posts Member
    Maybe they could port the two Skirmish modes for the new map(s) or even port them to the Starfighter Assault and Galactic Assault maps for Fighter Squadron and Walker Assault.
  • Starmasui73146
    1535 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    LordAmaury wrote: »
    I was really surprised to see that they added a previous Bespin map to the game in March...and in arcade mode, I really hope to see another map in May update, many BF 2015 DLC maps were great, Jabba's palace or carbon chambers for exemple.
    I'd like to see both of those maps in this game. Still waiting for an offline Star Fighter mode as well.

Agreed that was ultra cool on their part, thank you DICE and Criterion for the Bespin Administration map. :) Ooooooh yes, yes, yes, yes Tatooine “Jabba’s Palace” and the Bespin “Carbon Freezing Chamber” please... :) Thanks one and all.

Waswaf wrote: »
    Maybe they could port the two Skirmish modes for the new map(s) or even port them to the Starfighter Assault and Galactic Assault maps for Fighter Squadron and Walker Assault.

This would be very cool but if I was pushed to decide if I wanted “Skirmish Walker Assault” with the new maps or “Conquest” for Arcade Offline and Online...I’d pick “Conquest” every time. Besides we already have it for the first game, time to bring on the long over due “Conquest” mode.
    “There is always hope.”
  • How about all the old blast maps from 2015? That could easily be done.
  • YES. With Obi Wan and Greivous.
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    I'm still thinking Starfighter Assault Arcade for May Solo Season.

(Since it has the Millennium Falcon as hero ships it still fits that theme)

And then the Large Ground Mode for the potential Clone Wars Season in the Summer

(Large Geonosis or Utapau Battle anyone?)

Just occurred to me that a Solo season could potentially bring a ton of Arcade content (in addition to new content based on the movie) considering the mascot for #SoloPlayersMatter is Han Solo. Most likely Starfighter Assault for Arcade and possibly (if we're lucky) the new large-scale Arcade mode Dennis mentioned.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Offline content has been lacking in this game. I still think the last games skirmish was better. Arcade gets boring fast, but Starfighters being added to offline would be fantastic. I really hope most if the last games maps make it over as well. Great tweet from a Dennis.

The dream is still offline Galactic Assault.

And then the Large Ground Mode for the potential Clone Wars Season in the Summer

I'm torn with which will come to Arcade first, SFA or the large mode (hopefully with hero AI). SFA already has the AI using vehicles; however, the large mode was announced to be in the works while SFA is being looked into. Both modes are gonna be awesome.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.

Just occurred to me that a Solo season could potentially bring a ton of Arcade content (in addition to new content based on the movie) considering the mascot for #SoloPlayersMatter is Han Solo. Most likely Starfighter Assault for Arcade and possibly (if we're lucky) the new large-scale Arcade mode Dennis mentioned.

I certainly hope so!
  • Dantooine wrote: »
    Offline content has been lacking in this game. I still think the last games skirmish was better. Arcade gets boring fast, but Starfighters being added to offline would be fantastic. I really hope most if the last games maps make it over as well. Great tweet from a Dennis.

The dream is still offline Galactic Assault.

I'd stop bringing up Galactic Assault; Dennis already confirmed it's not happening... on the bright side, a large mode with vehicles is confirmed to be in the works for Arcade! A lot of people here are hoping it's classic Conquest, myself included.

Ideally it have up to 64 AI bots, the entirety of the map open up at once (rather than divided into sections like with Galactic Assault or Supremacy) as well as all the vehicles and starfighters you get in Galactic Assault, including on-rails vehicles like the AT-AT and MTT; just remove the need to weaken them with ION Disruptors or Rocket Launchers.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Slevi17 wrote: »
    They're on it!

ert3sc91rqio.jpg

I wonder if this is part of the large mode or SFA; hopefully, both.

Sounds good! :) And glad we got Bespin! But lets not forget we still haven't got Theed's Hangar-map for offline play! DEVS: At least make it available for Team Battle & Onslaught modes. Let's not leave ANY map behind for offline players this Time!

It would also be great to see BF1's Survival Maps (Ice cave, Rebel depot etc.) brought back for Team Battle & Onslaught modes. DICE & Criterion, counting on you people here!
  • I hate to be pessimistic but I highly doubt we are getting anything in May. That’s just the conclusion I’ve come to from reading the tweets and news etc. I’m sure the stuff is coming but I think it is still a bit of time away. My ETA is July for the first one. However I really hope I’m wrong and we get it much sooner.
  • McMast13 wrote: »
    I hate to be pessimistic but I highly doubt we are getting anything in May. That’s just the conclusion I’ve come to from reading the tweets and news etc. I’m sure the stuff is coming but I think it is still a bit of time away. My ETA is July for the first one. However I really hope I’m wrong and we get it much sooner.

I had hopes but not anymore. I wanted every map offline like they said back in 2017. But now I just don't give a $&]+ anymore classic battlefront is where my ♥ and soul is.
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    McMast13 wrote: »
    I hate to be pessimistic but I highly doubt we are getting anything in May. That’s just the conclusion I’ve come to from reading the tweets and news etc. I’m sure the stuff is coming but I think it is still a bit of time away. My ETA is July for the first one. However I really hope I’m wrong and we get it much sooner.

I had hopes but not anymore. I wanted every map offline like they said back in 2017. But now I just don't give a $&]+ anymore classic battlefront is where my ♥ and soul is.

I understand exactly what you mean. I gave up too. wait until April 26th to play Battlefront 2005 again on the xbox one. That's the real battlefront!
  • Its almost 6 months since the game was released, theres no obi wan, no anakin, no mace windu, no dooku, no grevious, no droidekas, no starfighter assault, no skirmish, no instant action, not even a playlist for arcade maps....we just have a battlefront 2015 ver.0.2. Six months! But hey, we have a lots of commercials and trailers, we have a lots of tweets speaking about the good work they are doing, we have boring temporal modes, we have a few new tiny recycled maps from the 2015, we have again new costumes for leia luke and solo. All of this is really really dissapointing. Today i am sure that at leat EA is the main shame on the industry.

Six months!

I agree. And i think this soud be a topic in General Discussion instead just a comment so more people can see this.
  • ryanjk
    558 posts Member
    Its almost 6 months since the game was released, theres no obi wan, no anakin, no mace windu, no dooku, no grevious, no droidekas, no starfighter assault, no skirmish, no instant action, not even a playlist for arcade maps....we just have a battlefront 2015 ver.0.2. Six months! But hey, we have a lots of commercials and trailers, we have a lots of tweets speaking about the good work they are doing, we have boring temporal modes, we have a few new tiny recycled maps from the 2015, we have again new costumes for leia luke and solo. All of this is really really dissapointing. Today i am sure that at leat EA is the main shame on the industry.

Six months!

This sadly.
  • Season 2 will bring more content to Arcade (at least heroes and maps)
  • Season 2 will bring more content to Arcade (at least heroes and maps)

Source?
    You may not believe this, but you just wasted 3 seconds reading this™
  • Jesbro
    633 posts Member
    Aris1368 wrote: »
    Season 2 will bring more content to Arcade (at least heroes and maps)

Source?

Dennis confirming a while ago that ALL new Maps and Heroes will be in Arcade as well.

We got the Bespin map with its update and have all heroes so far as well.

Here's hoping the Solo season at least includes Starfighter Assault for Arcade with ALL of its Maps and Heroes as well.
    Aris1368 wrote: »
    Season 2 will bring more content to Arcade (at least heroes and maps)

Source?

Dennis confirming a while ago that ALL new Maps and Heroes will be in Arcade as well.

We got the Bespin map with its update and have all heroes so far as well.

Here's hoping the Solo season at least includes Starfighter Assault for Arcade with ALL of its Maps and Heroes as well.

I'm hoping for one of the new modes as well, either would be fine.
  • We're on it! You'll only have to wait another year! Let's all just move on to other games and vote with our wallets when future EA games come out.
  • I am pretty sure by the end of the year we will have at least star fighter assault. Never loose hope and keep your voices heard. We will succeed we already did in the first why not the second?
  • In the battlefront 2015 they said theire going to improve the offline mode and adds mpre modes or at least the dlcs maps for the offline skirmish. Well, the last publication about that was titled; all the new things incoming to battlefront, and when i clicked full of hope on that publication i read that they wasnt working on battlefront yet. They had decided that they had to stop working in 2015 battlefront to work in the next battlefront, because they had learned from the experience. I see that they had learned was how to keep making fake promises.
  • A lot of people say that we asked for a better progresion system (not me) and we got it, well i would say that the decision of chqnging the progressio system was motivated by bruselas investigation, and the co of disney. They now that whithout offline modes we depend on their servers to enjoy the game, so they have the perfect (perfect for they) way to asure future sellings on futures battlefronts. Dont think, even for a second they have good intentions to gamers. Im not saying they are the onlyones, but sadly they are one of the worst examples of the industry if you compare with rockstar, ssmonica, bethesda cd project red etc etc. The presion has to be hard because they dont care about us, they care about the sellings.
  • They have stated they are going to support offline as well as online. All content was put on hold for the progression rework and cosmetic MTX return. Content announcements return in May (Season 2). I FULLY expect offline to be a part of this.
  • Jesbro
    633 posts Member
    They have stated they are going to support offline as well as online. All content was put on hold for the progression rework and cosmetic MTX return. Content announcements return in May (Season 2). I FULLY expect offline to be a part of this.

Lets hope so. As we know the Rebellion is built on hope and they were able to beat the Empire. Now lets do the same here.

And for those saying "its an online game and you are stupid for buying an online only game" all I can say is that THEY ARE WRONG!

This is a STAR WARS GAME and the reason we want the Large Modes for Arcade is so that WE CAN MAKE OUR OWN STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT FANTASIES that we cannot do in the online matches.

With Arcade we can do it on whatever map we want whenever we want.

For online you have to get lucky and doing it based on luck is SO WRONG !!!
    Lets hope so. As we know the Rebellion is built on hope and they were able to beat the Empire. Now lets do the same here.

You mean the EAmpire.
    I finally rest. And watch the sun set on an offline universe.
  • We are getting a small arcade map that's it folks.
    We are getting a small arcade map that's it folks.

Dennis stated Feb 6th they were working on a large mode for Arcade. This is after January's announcement about the progression update which means some devs may have continued to work on it while the progression update was being done. I would not be surprised if we are playing the large mode this month or next. I bet we will hear about it this month.
  • SAM4XE
    373 posts Member
    I'd like to think some significant offline content will arrive with Season 2 but I'm resigned to the idea that Arcade will probably only get minimal improvements.
  • McMast13
    342 posts Member
    I'd like to think some significant offline content will arrive with Season 2 but I'm resigned to the idea that Arcade will probably only get minimal improvements.

Me too. We'll probs just see which ever blast map that gets added from the Solo DLC. That will be fun for a day or two but then it will get boring again. From the dev's comments I'd say that the two game modes we desire are still a couple of months away.
    We are getting a small arcade map that's it folks.

Dennis stated Feb 6th they were working on a large mode for Arcade. This is after January's announcement about the progression update which means some devs may have continued to work on it while the progression update was being done. I would not be surprised if we are playing the large mode this month or next. I bet we will hear about it this month.

There is no way they would have it done by now or the end of the month. Look how long it took them to add in the 5 blast maps. With skins making new map for season 2 the progression update and everything else and they just started to look into starfighter assault at the end of last month we won't hear of anything for at lease 2 months.
  • I think, we can get some offline content. Previous season included online and offline modes. So the next can also have the same structure.
    So my prediction are:
    AI reinforcements 90%
    New big mode 80 %
    Theed hangar 70%
    GA and SA 50%
    AI heroes 8%
  • I think, we can get some offline content. Previous season included online and offline modes. So the next can also have the same structure.
    So my prediction are:
    AI reinforcements 90%
    New big mode 80 %
    Theed hangar 70%
    GA and SA 50%
    AI heroes 8%

Clarification, the previous season did NOT include offline modes.
  • I mean, Resurrection was offline/single mode. So we can expect some single player content
  • I mean, Resurrection was offline/single mode. So we can expect some single player content

Oh I understand. My apologies. There might be some movie story parts added to campaign!
  • McMast13
    342 posts Member
    4q65t2lsvv26.png
    Interesting.... however it could very well be the one blast map that comes with Solo season. Not going to get my hopes up yet.
  • Jesbro
    633 posts Member
    Also found this:

Large Arcade modes still possible with this Season.
  • Hypehypehypehypehypehyephyephypehypehype!
    Also found this:

Large Arcade modes still possible with this Season.

It certainly is. We will find out next week.