criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• McMast13 wrote: »
    I'd like to think some significant offline content will arrive with Season 2 but I'm resigned to the idea that Arcade will probably only get minimal improvements.

Me too. We'll probs just see which ever blast map that gets added from the Solo DLC. That will be fun for a day or two but then it will get boring again. From the dev's comments I'd say that the two game modes we desire are still a couple of months away.

Which comments?
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    KlownShueS wrote: »
    We are getting a small arcade map that's it folks.

Dennis stated Feb 6th they were working on a large mode for Arcade. This is after January's announcement about the progression update which means some devs may have continued to work on it while the progression update was being done. I would not be surprised if we are playing the large mode this month or next. I bet we will hear about it this month.

There is no way they would have it done by now or the end of the month. Look how long it took them to add in the 5 blast maps. With skins making new map for season 2 the progression update and everything else and they just started to look into starfighter assault at the end of last month we won't hear of anything for at lease 2 months.

They have been working on the large mode for about three months. I expect the large mode before SFA.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • McMast13
    342 posts Member
    McMast13 wrote: »
    I'd like to think some significant offline content will arrive with Season 2 but I'm resigned to the idea that Arcade will probably only get minimal improvements.

Me too. We'll probs just see which ever blast map that gets added from the Solo DLC. That will be fun for a day or two but then it will get boring again. From the dev's comments I'd say that the two game modes we desire are still a couple of months away.

Which comments?

Just whenever they talked about the modes they didn’t make it seem like they were imminent.
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    Also found this:

Large Arcade modes still possible with this Season.

I'd put my money on Starfighter Assault and any new Blast maps coming to Arcade.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Could definitely be the start for some big offline stuff. Cant wait
  • Jesbro
    633 posts Member

The thing is though that it doesn't make sense that way with what he tweeted.

If we were just getting the Blast maps than he wouldn't be saying that he already said too much.

I have a feeling its something bigger.
  • Probably reinforcement AI.
    Probably reinforcement AI.

Hopefully, it comes with hero AI.
  • Jesbro
    633 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    This is just a small theory but could be huge if true!

They say that there is something for Battlefront II tomorrow on Star Wars Day but its not for Season 2.

What if tomorrow is when we get the Large Modes for Arcade and the Arcade content for Season 2 are the new maps coming with it?

Would fit with Ben's "Already said too much." tweet as well.

Huge longshot but would be AWESOME if it happened!
  • TheBearShow1
    283 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Very good news! Can't wait to see what is coming!!!!!!!! @BenWalke. Should be another good month for Arcade fans!!!!!! Keep up the good work!
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1421 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Jesbro wrote: »
    This is just a small theory but could be huge if true!

They say that there is something for Battlefront II tomorrow on Star Wars Day but its not for Season 2.

What if tomorrow is when we get the Large Modes for Arcade and the Arcade content for Season 2 are the new maps coming with it?

Would fit with Ben's "Already said too much." tweet as well.

Huge longshot but would be AWESOME if it happened!

Then it's party time!! You are right that would be AWESOME! Unfortunately, you are also right about it being a longshot. I think the large mode might be part of season 2; however, tomorrow I expect a credit/experience boost.
  • McMast13
    342 posts Member

If we were just getting the Blast maps than he wouldn't be saying that he already said too much.

That is true, the line about saying too much is giving me hope. However I’d still like to warn against to much optimism at the moment as we’ve been disappointed before. Basically it’s not been confirmed that we are getting something big added to Arcade but it’s not been confirmed that we are not either.
  • SAM4XE
    373 posts Member
    edited May 2018

After Ben's tweet I'm much more confident than I was yesterday regarding offline content. His "I've already said too much" comment feels like a heavy hint. Btw! Has anyone noticed that Double XP is also available in arcade? May the fourth has turned out to be a good day imo!
  • I wonder what offline content will be? Large bot blast or straighten assault? Or both?
  • SAM4XE
    373 posts Member
    I wonder what offline content will be? Large bot blast or starfighter assault? Or both?

Could range from a new small blast map to a large vehicle based mode. Criterion have been extremely quiet in the last few months which could be an indicator that they have been working hard to add Starfighter assault to offline.

• Jesbro
    633 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/8gsite/new_content_to_arcade_coming_this_month/dyeufpg/

Confirmation by F8RGE that it might be more than just the new maps and heroes.

My guess is it could be Starfighter Assault or possibly but less likely the Large Ground Mode on the Large maps with Vehicles (AI vehicles as well)
  • McMast13
    342 posts Member
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/8gsite/new_content_to_arcade_coming_this_month/dyeufpg/

Confirmation by F8RGE that it might be more than just the new maps and heroes.

My guess is it could be Starfighter Assault or possibly but less likely the Large Ground Mode on the Large maps with Vehicles (AI vehicles as well)

Wow ok I am now officially excited! Reason being I don’t think he’d hint at arcade content if all we were getting was a blast map. He knows we’d be angry if that’s all we got after him making such a comment. My hope is that it’s one of the two large scale modes.
  • F8rge's reddit response made my day. I am thinking a new mode. Either mode would be fine; however, I'd prefer the ground mode with hero AI.
  • Wasn't it said a few months ago that we should look to the seasons for new Arcade content. Makes me pretty excited when factoring what Ben has teased lately.
  • McMast13
    342 posts Member
    I think out of the two modes we are more likely to see SA first. Frankly I want the large ground mode to be available in multiplayer too, and if it’s extraction I’d be disappointed. I want it to be in multiplayer for two reasons. 1: sometimes it’s fun to have that competive intense online experience. 2. If it was a new mode solely for arcade then I’d be worried that they didn’t think it good enough for multiplayer which wouldn’t be a good sign.
  • McMast13
    342 posts Member
    Also am I right in thinking that everybody here wants the large mode for arcade to basically be Conquest. With tickets, free flowing game play and command posts of sorts. Perfect mix of getting kills and doing the objective all whilst on a big map where all parts are accessible during the game.
    Also am I right in thinking that everybody here wants the large mode for arcade to basically be Conquest. With tickets, free flowing game play and command posts of sorts. Perfect mix of getting kills and doing the objective all whilst on a big map where all parts are accessible during the game.

I don't have a preference on which mode, I just want a large mode with heroes, vehicles, and troopers, the AI able to use ALL units, and some kind of objective.
  • Jesbro
    633 posts Member

I don't have a preference on which mode, I just want a large mode with heroes, vehicles, and troopers, the AI able to use ALL units, and some kind of objective.

That's exactly what I want for the Large Ground Mode :)
  • ross42899
    1518 posts Member
    Yeah, I don't care about the type of large offline mode as long as it includes 40 players, all the large maps and vehicles. Really hope we will get a large mode & SA soon. And of course hopefully they will continue to add the new blast maps to arcade too (like they did with Crait & Bespin).
  • I wonder what offline content will be? Large bot blast or straighten assault? Or both
  • Jesbro
    633 posts Member
    I wonder what offline content will be? Large bot blast or straighten assault? Or both

That is the million dollar question at this point.

@FireWall @F8RGE

I hate tagging like this but we really need an answer before the Season comes out!
  • Starmasui73146
    1533 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I wonder what offline content will be? Large bot blast or straighten assault? Or both

What is “straighten assault“?

Yes...

P.S.- What’s a ticket?
    “There is always hope.”

Yes...

P.S.- What’s a ticket?

You know what happen auto correct
  • McMast13
    342 posts Member

Yes...

P.S.- What’s a ticket?

Tickets are just the kill count. I.e in team battle where it’s 100vs100 the tickets are the 100 when the tickets reach 0 it’s game over

It seems that they have been working on the large mode for longer, but Starfighter Assault would be easier because the online already has AI. I hope it’s a large mode personally, because you can fly starfighters on the ground.
    I finally rest. And watch the sun set on an offline universe.
  • SAM4XE
    373 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Until they announce what offline content is being added to Season 2 on Wednesday, I'm not getting too excited because it could easily end in another disappointment. It's difficult not to get excited but it's also too easy to get carried away. Only 3 days remain and the speculation can finally end (until the rumours about Season 3 start)
  • Until they announce what offline content is being added to Season 2 on Wednesday, I'm not getting too excited because it could easily end in another disappointment. It's difficult not to get excited but it's also too easy to get carried away. Only 3 days remain and the speculation can finally end (until the rumours about Season 3 start)

Totally agree. My hopes are not high. I know for sure we will get 1 small map.
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1421 posts Member
    edited May 2018

That is the million dollar question at this point.

@FireWall @F8RGE

I hate tagging like this but we really need an answer before the Season comes out!

It seems Wednesday (Ben tweeted After the 8th before the 10th) is the announcement. I doubt they will give any more info until then, unfortunately.
    Post edited by ELIMELECH0401 on

The large mode might be more than a large version of blast. I think there is a good chance it will be.
  • Well until they balance their online I will only play their offline and classic battlefronts and 2015.
    Well until they balance their online I will only play their offline and classic battlefronts and 2015.

Offline is the best way to play, IMO. My last comment was saying I think the large Arcade mode will have some objectives instead of being a larger version of Team Battles or Blast.
  • SAM4XE
    373 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Well until they balance their online I will only play their offline and classic battlefronts and 2015.

Offline is the best way to play, IMO. My last comment was saying I think the large Arcade mode will have some objectives instead of being a larger version of Team Battles or Blast.

Unlike online, offline bots play objectives and don't have egos which is why like many other games I prefer offline. Ive never touched online in The Past few COD games because the devs have added good bot support. Hopefully BF2 will bring more bot supported modes in the next few updates which is what is needed.

Unlike online, offline bots play objectives and don't have egos which is why like many other games I prefer offline. Ive never touched online in The Past few COD games because the devs have added good bot support. Hopefully BF2 will bring more bot supported modes in the next few updates which is what is needed.

A lot of times bots allow for split screen, online split screen is extremely rare.
  • Two more days till news. I hope it's not good news but GREAT news. Like 2 to 3 game modes.
  • I know the holo screen will be gone thank the maker. I will be able to see what my skins look like.

I think we will get at least 1 new game mode.

I know for a fact we will get 1 map for offline. Even though I hope we get 2 new ones and 4 to 6 from the last game. Well I hope they port over every single last map from the last game over for offline and we get large mode and starfighter assault even the maps for ships from last game.
  • McMast13
    342 posts Member
    I know the holo screen will be gone thank the maker. I will be able to see what my skins look like.

I know for a fact we will get 1 map for offline. Even though I hope we get 2 new ones and 4 to 6 from the last game. Well I hope they port over every single last map from the last game over for offline and we get large mode and starfighter assault even the maps for ships from last game.

Might be expecting quite a bit from just one update there. Whilst I think in time this will happen, I think in terms of the next season the best we can expect is one of the two big game modes and whatever new maps that get added in. Obviously I’d be delighted with more, but if we got just the one mode I’d still be ecstatic.
    I know the holo screen will be gone thank the maker. I will be able to see what my skins look like.

Might be expecting quite a bit from just one update there. Whilst I think in time this will happen, I think in terms of the next season the best we can expect is one of the two big game modes and whatever new maps that get added in. Obviously I’d be delighted with more, but if we got just the one mode I’d still be ecstatic.

It's just a wish. I know we ain't gettin all dat LMFAO
  • Starmasui73146
    1533 posts Member
    edited May 2018

Yes...

P.S.- What’s a ticket?

Tickets are just the kill count. I.e in team battle where it’s 100 vs100 the tickets are the 100 when the tickets reach 0 it’s game over...

Oh okay cool.
    I wonder what offline content will be? Large bot “Blast” or “Starfighter Assault” or both?

It seems that they have been working on the large mode for longer, but Starfighter Assault would be easier because the online already has AI. I hope it’s a large mode personally, because you can fly starfighters on the ground.

The large mode might be more than a large version of blast. I think there is a good chance it will be.

Why does it feel like to me some want large scale Blast? It’s fun and all but it gets boring without an objective like taking a control point or blow that up, etc. Wouldn’t “Conquest” large scale be waaaay better? Heck “Extraction” is looking good right now...atleast give us something big Offline.
    “There is always hope.”
    I wonder what Offline content will be: large bot “Blast” or “Starfighter Assault” or both?
    Do you really want more Blast Offline? :o It’s fun and all but without an objective like taking a Control Point or blowing up something it gets dull. “Conquest” (with expanded square maps) would be waaay better. But for now I’d settle for “Extraction” Offline. :)

Yes...

P.S.- What’s a ticket?

Tickets are just the kill count. I.e in team battle where it’s 100vs100 the tickets are the 100 when the tickets reach 0 it’s game over

Thanks for the heads up. :)
    “There is always hope.”

Yes...

P.S.- What’s a ticket?

Tickets are just the kill count. I.e in team battle where it’s 100 vs100 the tickets are the 100 when the tickets reach 0 it’s game over...

Oh okay cool.
    I wonder what offline content will be? Large bot “Blast” or “Starfighter Assault” or both?

Why does it feel like to me some want large scale Blast? It’s fun and all but it gets boring without an objective like taking a control point or blow that up, etc. Wouldn’t “Conquest” large scale be waaaay better? Heck “Extraction” is looking good right now...atleast give us something big Offline.

I would much prefer objectives added in.
  • Jesbro
    633 posts Member
    I prefer objectives as well but if that is too hard for the developers to do I prefer large scale blast instead of nothing.
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    I prefer objectives as well but if that is too hard for the developers to do I prefer large scale blast instead of nothing.

Absolutely with you on that!
  • Today is the 3rd day in a row the daily challenge is done in Arcade. Is this a coincidence or hint? We will find out May 9th.
  • Today is the 3rd day in a row the daily challenge is done in Arcade. Is this a coincidence or hint? We will find out May 9th.

That is interesting... I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter