criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• If I keep telling myself I'm not getting anything for arcade maybe I will be happy with they give us. So I'm telling myself we are getting a small map that's it.

Inside I'm like big game mode plz starfighter assault and 3 old maps 2 new ones and some trooper skins like pancake face and one clone wars map!

But I know I'm reaching so I tell myself one new blast map... Maybe.
  • Jesbro
    630 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Reposting a tweet I did in response to Joey's video:

If the daily challenges are not just a coincidence we could be getting Large modes for both Ground and Space for Arcade!
  • Starfighters in arcade!!!!
    I finally rest. And watch the sun set on an offline universe.
  • McMast13
    342 posts Member
    Jesbro wrote: »
    Here it is:

"Starfighter Custom Arcade is where you’ll be able to become acquainted with all the Starfighters in the game. Take on AI and learn skills that will serve you well when you venture into Starfighter Assault and take on some of the best pilots in the galaxy. We know that this is something a lot of our community have been requesting so we’re incredibly excited to confirm that it’ll be available as soon as Season Two starts on May 16."

Now we need to find out if it is actually Starfighter Assault or just Team Battles using Starfighters.

Indeed, I'm very happy to see that we are getting the content. Will be slightly disappointing if it doesn't have the objectives, but I'm delighted to get to fly anyway. The wording makes it seem like it will be slightly different, because if it was simply offline starfighter assault I think he would have said so. Still not going to complain!
  • McMast13
    342 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Additionally we are getting a Jabba's palace map. Anyone know if this is the map from the first game or if it's original?
  • Aris1368
    371 posts Member
    Notice that its "Starfighter Arcade" and not *Assault*. I bet that its just Deathmatch, without the objectives and the Destroyers with the turrets.If thats the case, im so done with this game and EA-DICE.

I've been supporting them since 2011 but with the constant letdowns and lack of offline I really feel like they will never change.What a waste.

You may not believe this, but you just wasted 3 seconds reading this™
  • Yes now all we need is a big game mode for infantry with vehicles but damn this is great, So close. Perhaps the second half of season 2? or the smaller night on endor type release after or perhaps season 3. As long as it's a conquest type mode then damn straight
  • Trekker26
    27 posts Member
    I know my 5 year old son will be thrilled by getting a new map, and starfighter offline. He's tried the online starfighter assault, but understandably is hard for a 5 year old. So now he can play it offline at an easier mode. I play mostly online, but whenever my son is around, its always 1 vs 1 duel Arcade mode. So i'll be very thankful for a new map to run around on with him.
  • Epic!!!!!! Starfighter and Jabba's Palace. Thank you so much Dice!!!!!! Another great month for Arcade fans! I know the Large game mode is still in the works & Knowing we will get all locations is amazing! Going to have to buy some skins. Because if you keep pushing out content that I enjoy, it makes we want to support the game. Good job, you have made me one happy Star Wars Fan!!!!
  • McMast13 wrote: »
    Here it is:

"Starfighter Custom Arcade is where you’ll be able to become acquainted with all the Starfighters in the game. Take on AI and learn skills that will serve you well when you venture into Starfighter Assault and take on some of the best pilots in the galaxy. We know that this is something a lot of our community have been requesting so we’re incredibly excited to confirm that it’ll be available as soon as Season Two starts on May 16."

Now we need to find out if it is actually Starfighter Assault or just Team Battles using Starfighters.

Indeed, I'm very happy to see that we are getting the content. Will be slightly disappointing if it doesn't have the objectives, but I'm delighted to get to fly anyway. The wording makes it seem like it will be slightly different, because if it was simply offline starfighter assault I think he would have said so. Still not going to complain!

Exactly, we should be celebrating!!!! Every location, and now we will have a Starfighter mode. We know the Large game mode is coming. If something isn't possible then at least we know they have given us the big picture/scope of the main game this time around.
  • McMast13
    342 posts Member
    McMast13 wrote: »
    Here it is:

Exactly, we should be celebrating!!!! Every location, and now we will have a Starfighter mode. We know the Large game mode is coming. If something isn't possible then at least we know they have given us the big picture/scope of the main game this time around.

Although I would be annoyed if the large battle is just large deathmatch. They had no problem adding in command posts in 2005, so why not now?
  • Jesbro
    630 posts Member
    Here it is:

Agreed.

Yes I would prefer it had objectives like the Assault modes but would still like the Large Scale Team Battles with Vehicles over the small ones!
  • Loyaavod
    318 posts Member
    Now we just need naboo hangar map in arcade.

• Epic!!!!!! Starfighter and Jabba's Palace. Thank you so much Dice!!!!!! Another great month for Arcade fans! I know the Large game mode is still in the works & Knowing we will get all locations is amazing! Going to have to buy some skins. Because if you keep pushing out content that I enjoy, it makes we want to support the game. Good job, you have made me one happy Star Wars Fan!!!!

Do we know that the large Arcade mode is still comming? When was the last time they talked about it?
  • McMast13
    342 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Ouky1991 wrote: »
    Epic!!!!!! Starfighter and Jabba's Palace. Thank you so much Dice!!!!!! Another great month for Arcade fans! I know the Large game mode is still in the works & Knowing we will get all locations is amazing! Going to have to buy some skins. Because if you keep pushing out content that I enjoy, it makes we want to support the game. Good job, you have made me one happy Star Wars Fan!!!!

Do we know that the large Arcade mode is still comming? When was the last time they talked about it?

It is coming, but probs not for a couple of months. Hopefully it's conquest and will come out for multiplayer and arcade. Not been mentioned for a while.
  • Plus in time they can update the mode. At least dice has shown they can update modes with DLC
  • Vergilius90
    38 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Loyaavod wrote: »

We NEED that EPIC map! DICE, @Firewall17 Theed: Hangar map for Arcade please. It's essential part of Episode 1 and part of SW-experience!

Jabba's palace and Starfighter Arcade sound awesome! Things are going very nice for BF2 now!
  • McMast13
    342 posts Member

I think a neat solution for this problem would be to have it for splitscreen duel instead of the throne room, especially as it’s a hero based map. That way they wouldn’t have to program AI for it. They can just drop it in.

So when someone selects Naboo they give you the throne room when you do team battle or onslaught but the Hanger when you select duel.
  • Trekker26
    27 posts Member
    So we are getting Starfighters and a new map! Very good! We don't have many details on the starfighter game mode yet, but intuition suggests it won't be a carbon copy of the online mode. However what we do know from the description on the EA Battlefront website is that we can play in ships from all 3 era's and in hero ships. Hopefully there will be some objective gameplay and I'm really hoping to see all the online maps in the mode. Would be very disappointed if we just had one map which was basically empty space, although I think this is unlikely to actually happen.

On top of that it would be great to see if they added a couple of modifiers to arcade, such as different reinforcement counts for each team and different era's for each map.

Next stop: Conquest!

I could see the developers simply modifying the starfighter portions from the campaign mode. That would give us the Fondor Shipyards, above Naboo, Bespin atmosphere, above Maz's castle, above Jakku battlefield, and Endor wreckage. That would be six maps right off the bat.
    Epic!!!!!! Starfighter and Jabba's Palace. Thank you so much Dice!!!!!! Another great month for Arcade fans! I know the Large game mode is still in the works & Knowing we will get all locations is amazing! Going to have to buy some skins. Because if you keep pushing out content that I enjoy, it makes we want to support the game. Good job, you have made me one happy Star Wars Fan!!!!

It is coming, but probs not for a couple of months. Hopefully it's conquest and will come out for multiplayer and arcade. Not been mentioned for a while.

I hope you're right. I'm not so sure about it. The leak posted on reddit didn't mention any aditional work on Arcade, and everything he said was so far true.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/8hq97o/roadmap_geonosis_other_inside_stuff/?st=jgzbtr4f&sh=35ada03d
  • Trekker26
    27 posts Member
    ross42899 wrote: »

We NEED that EPIC map! DICE, @Firewall17 Theed: Hangar map for Arcade please. It's essential part of Episode 1 and part of SW-experience!

Jabba's palace and Starfighter Arcade sound awesome! Things are going very nice for BF2 now!

I agree Theed Hangar should be available in Blast & Arcade. Also they should port over Carbon Freeze Chamber from BF2015. Than we will have the most iconic locations all available.

agreed on the Carbon freeze chamber.
  • SAM4XE
    360 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Although I'm greatful that Starfighter combat has been added to Season 2, if it's gameplay is only to limited to a basic game of TDM then I fear the mode will become stale very quickly. Even BF1 skirmish Starfighter had objective based elements, so I don't think it's unreasonable to expect BF2 Starfighter Mode to have objectives.
  • Jesbro
    630 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    So glad to hear that we are finally getting a Starfighter mode in Arcade! I just hope that if it ends up being Team Battle and Onslaught with starfighters, that it includes capital ships like Light Cruisers and Blockade Runners that we can destroy for bonus points/time, and respawn regularly... just to mix things up a little.

@F8RGE also said that we would be getting ALL the starfighters in Arcade... I can't help but wonder, does that include the N-1 Starfighter?

I'm good with the frigates being in the battles as well :)

They were in the Campaign so they should be in this as well :)
  • I REALLY hope both Starfighter Custom Arcade and the large modes have hero AI. Objectives would be cool as well.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • I REALLY hope both Starfighter Custom Arcade and the large modes have hero AI. Objectives would be cool as well.

Fighter Squadrons for Skirmish in the previous game had Hero AI, so I don't see why not.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Ouky1991 wrote: »

I hope you're right. I'm not so sure about it. The leak posted on reddit didn't mention any aditional work on Arcade, and everything he said was so far true.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/8hq97o/roadmap_geonosis_other_inside_stuff/?st=jgzbtr4f&sh=35ada03d

He said Lando's new skin is legendary when it is epic. He is not 100% accurate. Dennis said they were working on a large mode for Arcade. It is in the works.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Waswaf
    88 posts Member
    I hope that you can have flexibility over what types of objectives you want or even if you want them at all to 1v1 someone on split screen. Also a selection of allowed or involved ship types could be cool. Now they just need a boarding pod mode for capturing capital ships and using them to wipe out the enemy fleet. Take notes, Criterion. :)
  • Waswaf wrote: »
    I hope that you can have flexibility over what types of objectives you want or even if you want them at all to 1v1 someone on split screen. Also a selection of allowed or involved ship types could be cool. Now they just need a boarding pod mode for capturing capital ships and using them to wipe out the enemy fleet. Take notes, Criterion. :)

Objective options would be cool.
  • joeybmx7
    1020 posts Member
    Starfighter game mode in Arcade is a fantastic start! I knew we would be getting something big for arcade this patch/season. I'm hoping there are objectives in this Starfighter game mode since Team Death Match gets old pretty quickly.

As for the leaks, July is when we can expect to see the large scale game mode with troopers and vehicles, but that too will also just be team death match, if the leaks are true.

Funding is also running out for the game. MTX for skins are needed to help fund more content according to another leaker who was right 100 percent spot on about the content for Season 2.

I'm not entirely sure if now is a good time to push to get our voices for offline content heard, such as the large game mode and having objective based game modes, since the online part of the game, and really the game as a whole, appears to be in rough shape.

Nonetheless, I'm excited to play this new game mode for Arcade and I'm really happy they managed to get it in.
    We NEED Offline Galactic Assault (Where the objectives are suitable for the AI and where the ENTIRE large scale maps are utilized by both the player and AI), Vehicle AI to fight against in large scale battles offline, and of course SA Offline.
    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • McMast13
    342 posts Member
    joeybmx7 wrote: »
    Starfighter game mode in Arcade is a fantastic start! I knew we would be getting something big for arcade this patch/season. I'm hoping there are objectives in this Starfighter game mode since Team Death Match gets old pretty quickly.

As for the leaks, July is when we can expect to see the large scale game mode with troopers and vehicles, but that too will also just be team death match, if the leaks are true.

Funding is also running out for the game. MTX for skins are needed to help fund more content according to another leaker who was right 100 percent spot on about the content for Season 2.

I'm not entirely sure if now is a good time to push to get our voices for offline content heard, such as the large game mode and having objective based game modes, since the online part of the game, and really the game as a whole, appears to be in rough shape.

Nonetheless, I'm excited to play this new game mode for Arcade and I'm really happy they managed to get it in.

You make some good points, I’d like to add that I’d happily wait a month or so more for the large game mode if it meant that it had objectives (command posts being preferable) rather than straight up death match.
  • SAM4XE
    360 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Criterion gave the community the impression that they were working on Starfighter for offline. So what happened?
    zghiz7sqzbng.jpg
  • @F8RGE can you please confirm devs are still working on large scale ground arcade mode?

Dennis said in february that the team is working on that and we hope that was not cancelled, it's the last offline mode we need for this game now that we're getting Starfighters Arcade, we have been looking forward to large scale mode in Arcade for so long :)
    Anyone else find it deeply amusing that whilst everyone is throwing a fit over this update, (forgetting that the major stuff is coming in June anyway), us solo players are feeling pretty content now we have Starfighters offline. Sure it might not be quite the starfighter mode we wanted. But hey, its something!

I still don’t see what everyone else is upset about...
    I finally rest. And watch the sun set on an offline universe.
  • ross42899
    1515 posts Member
    Anyone else find it deeply amusing that whilst everyone is throwing a fit over this update, (forgetting that the major stuff is coming in June anyway), us solo players are feeling pretty content now we have Starfighters offline. Sure it might not be quite the starfighter mode we wanted. But hey, its something!

I still don’t see what everyone else is upset about...

I think a lot of players are upset because they still haven't released any CW DLC content and that the "new" Solo content will not come before June.

While I agree that the idea of P2W lootboxes at release was a bad move and comunication with the community should be better (why not announcing June Solo content at this point too?), I'm mostly satisfied with the upcoming content, though. I really wanted Boush Leia skin and we can finally play Jabba's palace in arcade/offline. I've been waiting for this since BF2015. Plus starfighter mode. So far they've delivered a lot in regards to Arcade and offline play. Just hoping for that large mode now.

I understand that people want more CW content (I want some maps & heroes - like Obi-Wan and Geonosis - too), but I don't get why some people expected CW content to be released now, when Solo hits cinemas in two weeks. Doesn't make any sense at all.

Personally I'm looking forward to any new content, no matter which era or movie it is about. And I'm pretty sure we will get CW content at some point (as some skins/models are in the files and they hinted at it).
  • SAM4XE
    360 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I can't understand why some members of the community keep defending bad decisions by EA that are clearly harming the franchise. BattlefrontII has been a comedy of errors since launch which is why Sales were well below expectations. Progression system we have now should have been this way at launch, that way DLC would have been on schedule. Arcade content is getting better but they're still putting huge restrictions on Arcade depth to force offline gamers to go online.
    Post edited by SAM4XE on

What i always boil it down to, is how much fun i can have with this game with my 5 year old son. He can't wait to play Arcade starfighter with me. The online was always, understandably, too hard for him. Hopefully, starfighter arcade will have the same kind of settings that the rest of arcade has. Maybe even just having a duel mode, just him vs me. He'll love that. I get bored after a bit of time playing this. But when i play it with my son, we have tons of fun in Arcade mode.
  • Aris1368
    371 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Its happening bois!

My guess is same thing will happen with the new mode-maybe even keep the first versions so we can have both TDM and Objectives.
  • Maytheforcebewithyou
    1020 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Great news @Aris1368 :)
  • McMast13
    342 posts Member
    Aris1368 wrote: »
    Its happening bois!

My guess is same thing will happen with the new mode-maybe even keep the first versions so we can have both TDM and Objectives.

What does he mean by missions? Objectives?
  • Aris1368
    371 posts Member
    Its happening bois!

Objectives, basically
  • McMast13
    342 posts Member
    Its happening bois!

Objectives, basically

That’s good! Can I have a link to the discord channel please? :)