criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

134689123

Replies

  • ROMG4
    2860 posts Member
    While that would be really cool

    I imagine the Beta will be kept strictly towards Multi-Player
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Jesbro
    621 posts Member
    The Bets is more for balancing and stress testing their servers.

    I want great Skirmish but I honestly see no reason to have it in the Beta when you are really trying to stress test the multiplayer servers.
  • i hope we don't just see Starfighter assault at gamescom. while I would watch the livestream and that's what I want to see, I want to be able to get at least a 5 minute glimpse at skirmish to see how much better the AI is, if they still have squads, if there's hero AI and so on. I'm planning or pre-ordering this game to get it immediately, but I don't want to be dissipointed because the skirmish is missing a lot of key components or is either extremely repetitive or downright unplayable. While I can deal with not receiving new DLC maps and getting every mode, I cant deal with horrible AI and a bunch of features that are in multiplayer cut, such as classes. I dont want to fight a bunch of dumb grunts and bullet sponges.
  • Jarrad wrote: »
    Jesbro wrote: »
    Well they didn't mention Skirmish at D23 but then again I didn't really expect them to until Gamescom.

    The Campaign does look great so far but unfortunately it looks like it will be one of those one and done Campaigns where you go through it once for the story itself.

    Not saying that makes it a bad Campaign but we need something with huge battles offline that you can play a hundred times and have each match be different just like online matches.

    That is where Skirmish comes in.

    As for the AI they can use the AI from the Campaign and improve them from there for the Skirmish modes.

    Yeah, they are probably saving Skirmish for last.

    The trend seems to be, show the Multiplayer first, then the Campaign, then Skirmish.

    Makes sense.

    I hope we get to test Skirmish in the Beta. From what I've heard, the Beta will include both the Galactic Assault and Starfighter Assault game modes... so maybe let us try out the Skirmish versions of those game modes as well?

    They very well may, the last game's beta had a few Missions that you could try out if I remember correctly.
  • Jarrad wrote: »
    Jesbro wrote: »
    Well they didn't mention Skirmish at D23 but then again I didn't really expect them to until Gamescom.

    The Campaign does look great so far but unfortunately it looks like it will be one of those one and done Campaigns where you go through it once for the story itself.

    Not saying that makes it a bad Campaign but we need something with huge battles offline that you can play a hundred times and have each match be different just like online matches.

    That is where Skirmish comes in.

    As for the AI they can use the AI from the Campaign and improve them from there for the Skirmish modes.

    Yeah, they are probably saving Skirmish for last.

    The trend seems to be, show the Multiplayer first, then the Campaign, then Skirmish.

    Makes sense.

    I hope we get to test Skirmish in the Beta. From what I've heard, the Beta will include both the Galactic Assault and Starfighter Assault game modes... so maybe let us try out the Skirmish versions of those game modes as well?

    They very well may, the last game's beta had a few Missions that you could try out if I remember correctly.

    We only got try the one Survival mission on Tatooine in the previous beta, and it was only for 5 rounds. Hopefully, if Skirmish is in the Battlefront II beta, they give us more to try out. Maybe even let us play with the game options, if there are any?
    * * *

    Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Reel707
    609 posts Member
    Jesbro wrote: »
    The Bets is more for balancing and stress testing their servers.

    I want great Skirmish but I honestly see no reason to have it in the Beta when you are really trying to stress test the multiplayer servers.

    What's wrong with that? Stress testing it like in a Co op VS AI with a friend online would be perfect. but but then I may not understand.
    CAN IT! WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS YOU FIND A NEW GOD! B)
  • Reel707 wrote: »
    Jesbro wrote: »
    The Bets is more for balancing and stress testing their servers.

    I want great Skirmish but I honestly see no reason to have it in the Beta when you are really trying to stress test the multiplayer servers.

    What's wrong with that? Stress testing it like in a Co op VS AI with a friend online would be perfect. but but then I may not understand.

    Yeah, some people may want to try out online co-op as well. Besides which, we should have the opportunity to test the AI in Skirmish so we can give feedback on how it might be improved, if need be.
    * * *

    Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Jesbro
    621 posts Member
    Reel707 wrote: »
    Jesbro wrote: »
    The Bets is more for balancing and stress testing their servers.

    I want great Skirmish but I honestly see no reason to have it in the Beta when you are really trying to stress test the multiplayer servers.

    What's wrong with that? Stress testing it like in a Co op VS AI with a friend online would be perfect. but but then I may not understand.

    Yeah, some people may want to try out online co-op as well. Besides which, we should have the opportunity to test the AI in Skirmish so we can give feedback on how it might be improved, if need be.

    Well if they do add Skirmish to the Beta as well than great!

    Would give us a chance to see if the AI was improved and would let us give feedback on what else can be improved.

    That is actually the very reason Beta's exist!
  • I would love to see some skirmish gameplay just to see the AI before I actually play the game, again I don't want to be dissipointed because bad AI ultimately breaks an offline game mode and means 0 replayability. I don't play the last battlefront's skirmish just because of the AI, if it was better I would play it all the time, but now I'm just angry with it. I really wish DICE would make a quick patch to at least fix some of the AI issues in skirmish like inactive AI and stuck AI in corridors just so that I can be satisfied until November.
  • Jesbro
    621 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Well if you have the PC version there are mods that will actually improve the AI a little bit in Battlefront 2015 but unfortunately console players like me will have to wait till Battlefront II comes out in November for better AI.
  • bfloo
    15647 posts Member
    Reel707 wrote: »
    Jesbro wrote: »
    The Bets is more for balancing and stress testing their servers.

    I want great Skirmish but I honestly see no reason to have it in the Beta when you are really trying to stress test the multiplayer servers.

    What's wrong with that? Stress testing it like in a Co op VS AI with a friend online would be perfect. but but then I may not understand.

    They want as many on the MP servers as they can get to look for problems caused by volume of players. SP/ coop wont provide that info.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • we need good offline bots co op skirmish. as a father to 7 ,2 of them have autism i hate to jump out a match to check on kid or get kicked because my kid needs me to hold them. also for the people saying that some of us living in the pass, the way you put down people on here is the reason my kids have stopped playing multiplayer games. my middle daughter who is 10 got tea bagged in a game. do you have daughters that like shooters do you want that to happen to your kid. she then said i want to play call of duty with bots because they don't do nasty stuff can you take this back to game stop. 4 days ago 4 copies of battlefront went away and 4 cod games game into my home. so before claiming some one lives in the pass think of those that have a life and kids and not bash them because they would love a freaking offline multiplayer in a game. @Alex64
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    we need good offline bots co op skirmish. as a father to 7 ,2 of them have autism i hate to jump out a match to check on kid or get kicked because my kid needs me to hold them. also for the people saying that some of us living in the pass, the way you put down people on here is the reason my kids have stopped playing multiplayer games. my middle daughter who is 10 got tea bagged in a game. do you have daughters that like shooters do you want that to happen to your kid. she then said i want to play call of duty with bots because they don't do nasty stuff can you take this back to game stop. 4 days ago 4 copies of battlefront went away and 4 cod games game into my home. so before claiming some one lives in the pass think of those that have a life and kids and not bash them because they would love a freaking offline multiplayer in a game. @Alex64

    @FireWall @ThePoolshark @Sledgehammer70
    See, playing offline matters more to others than most people think.
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    we need good offline bots co op skirmish. as a father to 7 ,2 of them have autism i hate to jump out a match to check on kid or get kicked because my kid needs me to hold them. also for the people saying that some of us living in the pass, the way you put down people on here is the reason my kids have stopped playing multiplayer games. my middle daughter who is 10 got tea bagged in a game. do you have daughters that like shooters do you want that to happen to your kid. she then said i want to play call of duty with bots because they don't do nasty stuff can you take this back to game stop. 4 days ago 4 copies of battlefront went away and 4 cod games game into my home. so before claiming some one lives in the pass think of those that have a life and kids and not bash them because they would love a freaking offline multiplayer in a game. @Alex64

    @FireWall @ThePoolshark @Sledgehammer70
    See, playing offline matters more to others than most people think.

    thank you.
  • Han_Spinel
    1102 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I would love more offline content - I anticipate that the campaign mode will be incredible, but I fear that game development is being steered by those only interested in obtaining more $$/game. They can't raise the initial price out of fear people won't buy it, so are trying ways to have more "in-game" experiences for purchase.

    If anyone's interested in getting a little more value out of SWBF, I put together a campaign mode companion website to follow along with as you play the offline content (I have a thread dedicated to this in the off-topics section). I put it together using only the original and free DLC content included. It was crazy to think how close we were to having a SWBF full campaign mode after putting this together - it seems like it was all there! The game appears to have been completely set up to capitalize on this, but fell short due to marketing it with TFA.

    Money appears to still be king, but I wanted to share this here since most posting are looking for more offline value in Star Wars games.
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

    PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • Alex64
    7603 posts Member
    KlownShueS wrote: »
    we need good offline bots co op skirmish. as a father to 7 ,2 of them have autism i hate to jump out a match to check on kid or get kicked because my kid needs me to hold them. also for the people saying that some of us living in the pass, the way you put down people on here is the reason my kids have stopped playing multiplayer games. my middle daughter who is 10 got tea bagged in a game. do you have daughters that like shooters do you want that to happen to your kid. she then said i want to play call of duty with bots because they don't do nasty stuff can you take this back to game stop. 4 days ago 4 copies of battlefront went away and 4 cod games game into my home. so before claiming some one lives in the pass think of those that have a life and kids and not bash them because they would love a freaking offline multiplayer in a game. @Alex64

    I don't really know if you're trolling me or not, if you story it's true or not, but it's a shame to involve kids in arguments.
    I know I've said that people live in the past and it's bc you don't let devs to create a new game with new modes and mechanics.
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • rollind24
    5784 posts Member
    I'm not really understanding why people are against offline content. Of course the AI isn't going to be like playing online but I don't see why offline content should be excluded.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • bfloo
    15647 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »
    KlownShueS wrote: »
    we need good offline bots co op skirmish. as a father to 7 ,2 of them have autism i hate to jump out a match to check on kid or get kicked because my kid needs me to hold them. also for the people saying that some of us living in the pass, the way you put down people on here is the reason my kids have stopped playing multiplayer games. my middle daughter who is 10 got tea bagged in a game. do you have daughters that like shooters do you want that to happen to your kid. she then said i want to play call of duty with bots because they don't do nasty stuff can you take this back to game stop. 4 days ago 4 copies of battlefront went away and 4 cod games game into my home. so before claiming some one lives in the pass think of those that have a life and kids and not bash them because they would love a freaking offline multiplayer in a game. @Alex64

    I don't really know if you're trolling me or not, if you story it's true or not, but it's a shame to involve kids in arguments.
    I know I've said that people live in the past and it's bc you don't let devs to create a new game with new modes and mechanics.

    Some people don't want to deal with cheaters and exploiters.

    SP tends to be more immersive if the ai is decent.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »
    I'm not really understanding why people are against offline content. Of course the AI isn't going to be like playing online but I don't see why offline content should be excluded.

    Seriously! ^This!

    I've been wondering the same thing as well.

    Why does the Multiplayer/Online Only Crowd care so much about Single Player/Offline Offerings?

    If you don't want anything to do with Single Player/Offline, then don't bother with it, just play the Multiplayer/Online exclusively.

    And, secondly, why does this same group of people so desperately NOT want others to have such offerings?

    Like, they can't even just express their disinterest in such offerings, they have to take it a step further and say, "I hope the devs don't make any Single Player/Offline Offerings available, but, if they must, I hope the devs don't put hardly all that much time and effort into it".

    Such an unnecessary, antagonistic attitude to have towards your fellow gamers.


  • Han_Spinel
    1102 posts Member
    Jarrad wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    I'm not really understanding why people are against offline content. Of course the AI isn't going to be like playing online but I don't see why offline content should be excluded.

    Seriously! ^This!

    I've been wondering the same thing as well.

    Why does the Multiplayer/Online Only Crowd care so much about Single Player/Offline Offerings?

    If you don't want anything to do with Single Player/Offline, then don't bother with it, just play the Multiplayer/Online exclusively.

    And, secondly, why does this same group of people so desperately NOT want others to have such offerings?

    Like, they can't even just express their disinterest in such offerings, they have to take it a step further and say, "I hope the devs don't make any Single Player/Offline Offerings available, but, if they must, I hope the devs don't put hardly all that much time and effort into it".

    Such an unnecessary, antagonistic attitude to have towards your fellow gamers.


    Yes, completely!
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

    PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • Jesbro
    621 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »
    KlownShueS wrote: »
    we need good offline bots co op skirmish. as a father to 7 ,2 of them have autism i hate to jump out a match to check on kid or get kicked because my kid needs me to hold them. also for the people saying that some of us living in the pass, the way you put down people on here is the reason my kids have stopped playing multiplayer games. my middle daughter who is 10 got tea bagged in a game. do you have daughters that like shooters do you want that to happen to your kid. she then said i want to play call of duty with bots because they don't do nasty stuff can you take this back to game stop. 4 days ago 4 copies of battlefront went away and 4 cod games game into my home. so before claiming some one lives in the pass think of those that have a life and kids and not bash them because they would love a freaking offline multiplayer in a game. @Alex64

    I don't really know if you're trolling me or not, if you story it's true or not, but it's a shame to involve kids in arguments.
    I know I've said that people live in the past and it's bc you don't let devs to create a new game with new modes and mechanics.

    @Alex64 @ThePoolshark @Blazur

    It is also a shame to not let kids play a Star Wars game because of it being multiplayer only!

    That is why we need something more than just the Campaign on the Empire's side!

    If you look at all of the new Star Wars TV shows and movies you will see that they are more for younger people and the same should be said about Star Wars games like Battlefront.

    Yes I agree that kids under at least 13 shouldn't really be playing multiplayer games against other people because of the toxicity he mentioned above.

    But there should be great offline modes that let them still ENJOY EVERY PART OF THE GAME by themselves or with a friend / family member as well !

    That is why we need a Great Skirmish Mode and that is why we will never stop asking about it until we get one!
  • Alex64
    7603 posts Member
    Jesbro wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    KlownShueS wrote: »
    we need good offline bots co op skirmish. as a father to 7 ,2 of them have autism i hate to jump out a match to check on kid or get kicked because my kid needs me to hold them. also for the people saying that some of us living in the pass, the way you put down people on here is the reason my kids have stopped playing multiplayer games. my middle daughter who is 10 got tea bagged in a game. do you have daughters that like shooters do you want that to happen to your kid. she then said i want to play call of duty with bots because they don't do nasty stuff can you take this back to game stop. 4 days ago 4 copies of battlefront went away and 4 cod games game into my home. so before claiming some one lives in the pass think of those that have a life and kids and not bash them because they would love a freaking offline multiplayer in a game. @Alex64

    I don't really know if you're trolling me or not, if you story it's true or not, but it's a shame to involve kids in arguments.
    I know I've said that people live in the past and it's bc you don't let devs to create a new game with new modes and mechanics.

    @Alex64 @ThePoolshark @Blazur

    It is also a shame to not let kids play a Star Wars game because of it being multiplayer only!

    That is why we need something more than just the Campaign on the Empire's side!

    If you look at all of the new Star Wars TV shows and movies you will see that they are more for younger people and the same should be said about Star Wars games like Battlefront.

    Yes I agree that kids under at least 13 shouldn't really be playing multiplayer games against other people because of the toxicity he mentioned above.

    But there should be great offline modes that let them still ENJOY EVERY PART OF THE GAME by themselves or with a friend / family member as well !

    That is why we need a Great Skirmish Mode and that is why we will never stop asking about it until we get one!

    If you're aware of Kids playing MP, IMO, they could play skirmish in SWBFI and will play coop missions on the next installment,
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • the problem is that the last skirmish mode we gotten does not have enough content. to keep a kid from getting bored with a game under 30 minutes you need content. cod does this very well with zombies every game mode online is offline bots that play the objective dlc maps offline and a small character customization with guns and perks. they have been doing this since blops 1. and gears of war been doing it since gears 2. so for someone to say its hard i give you two of the top sale shooters out there. as time and tech improves so should work standards. let everyone enjoy the game. stop just having online first all the time. some of us can afford to buy 8 to 9 copies of a game because we have that many systems in our homes. we have that many kids that love hunting fishing playing outside and by God love us some video games. we work hard so my blended family can play hard. we are tired giving our money away to just 3 to 4 aaa game companies and a few indies. we want to give ea some money but they care more about one online player when there is a house of 9 offline players. sale on copy get 60 bucks sale 9 get 540 bucks. what makes since? oh wait cod still wins in sale because one feature that get sales every time. offline because parents dont want their kids playing with the toxic foul mouth online gamers. my 14 year old gave up on online gaming. he said games dont make him mad other gamers do.
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    the problem is that the last skirmish mode we gotten does not have enough content. to keep a kid from getting bored with a game under 30 minutes you need content. cod does this very well with zombies every game mode online is offline bots that play the objective dlc maps offline and a small character customization with guns and perks. they have been doing this since blops 1. and gears of war been doing it since gears 2. so for someone to say its hard i give you two of the top sale shooters out there. as time and tech improves so should work standards. let everyone enjoy the game. stop just having online first all the time. some of us can afford to buy 8 to 9 copies of a game because we have that many systems in our homes. we have that many kids that love hunting fishing playing outside and by God love us some video games. we work hard so my blended family can play hard. we are tired giving our money away to just 3 to 4 aaa game companies and a few indies. we want to give ea some money but they care more about one online player when there is a house of 9 offline players. sale on copy get 60 bucks sale 9 get 540 bucks. what makes since? oh wait cod still wins in sale because one feature that get sales every time. offline because parents dont want their kids playing with the toxic foul mouth online gamers. my 14 year old gave up on online gaming. he said games dont make him mad other gamers do.

    i totally agree with you, I would see a good offline offering actually raising the money EA can get. if you think of it only on the financial point of view, it provides better insight on why say call of duty has more sales than battlefield, because battlefield is almost entirely an online game and call of duty and other shooters with great offline modes get way more money. @Sledgehammer70 this is why we need a really good skirmish. not only do some people really want it and dream of it, but it increases the longevity of the game and will get EA a lot more sales. a lot of people just don't want to play online, so a offline offering that is just as unique and replayable as the online will turn the heads of far more gamers, especially the casual ones that seem to be aimed at recently. more offline content and playability ultimitaley equals more cash. Offline=Cash to make it simple. simply bringing all online modes to offline with bots that are actually competent and way way better than the first skirmish is what will shoot sales through the roof.

    also I still don't understand why some people don't want things to be in the game. I mean, yes you don't play offline, but you don't have to if the offline is good in the game. heck, I don't even think DICE will be doing skirmish, it ill probably be Motive since they have AI experience. your online offering will not be decreased in any way or form, so why do you not want skirmish in the game? it just makes no sense and I don't see the point in posting about it, if you want online then talk about it in a thread about the squad system or something.
  • is it actually allowed to mention the moderators and stuff in these posts? it seems like it would be the most effective way to get your voice heard I hope it isn't against the forum guidelines or anything. I will go with you @Jesbro and say @ThePoolshark and @Sledgehammer70 offline=cash we need it good and you get your real credits. no republic credits, real credits. I will give all of my credits for a skirmish with good AI and all of the online content like modes, maps, and even DLC offerings. of course galactic conquest would be nice....but I doubt we will ever see that again. we all need a legendary instant action sort of thing that you can get right into and play the biggest and smallest modes on the biggest and smallest maps, with AI that make you feel like you are in a real battle and not a really strange one. we got that once, but that is no reason for us not to get it again. having instant action again with the fidelity of modern technology and the frostbite engine in particular is a dream of mine that I have been having for a long time, something no other offline game has ever satisfied. I'm sure many people, and yes a lot of children can agree with this, and yes EA making money off of children is not cool but hey it works and you had no problem ruining yourself with a season pass so.....

    anyway the game isn't rated M it doesn't even have blood so this would be a great shooter game for children, we are lacking games like that and I promise you that a lot of children will be asking their parents for this game if the offline is as good as the online, if you are looking at it financially which I assume matters most to EA, this is a good choice. a bad offline battlefront AGAIN is going to just ruin everything, even more than a season pass, a lot of people wont come back to buy the game and you will only have a small percentage of new casual players looking for an online experience arriving, there just isn't infinite consumers you know. if offline is as good as the online, I garuntee that a whole bunch of new players will be buying Battlefront 2. also if there was such a high demand for things like a campaign(not that I care much about a campaign don't tell me that a campaign will be enough it never will because its basically a play once thing) and skirmish in the last battlefront then you cant say that nobody wants it. no, not EVERYBODY will want offline content that is good, but a large amount of people WILL want it and WILL buy the game because of it. this is the reason games like call of duty or purely offline games like skyrim are so popular and so many people buy those games more than purely online ones.
  • I feel like the first game sold 14 million copies for the reasons
    -It's Star Wars
    -First big Triple A Star Wars title at the time
    -the concept of fighting in the battles in the films (whether it was SP or MP)

    I agree with @Blazur that the whole Instant Action wasn't the biggest priority.

    But I think that there was a general lack of singleplayer content (Campaign or Instant Action or whatever) was a pretty big concern in the game. and people didn't worry too much about the first game's SP because they were told Missions was gonna be this fun substantial experience before release. But MP also suffered and I agree needed more love since that was the only thing and it's main thing going for it. but they were also advertising to a casual crowd so I like to think (as a casual gamer) they were going to include some easy SP stuff before MP. But the SP was merely a tutorial for an edgelord MP experience.

    I've always thought adding bots to a game was no big deal and was easy to include until this game was released.

    But the EA press confrence thingy was all like "Campaign on ice mode oh yeah I do the voice of gamer girl and John Boyoga is all like Finnland is confirmed" and promoted that "people wanted SP content and they listened". So there was a big chunk of gamer reception being like "We want more SP content" I believe. like 60% MP and 40% Some fun SP thing

    (but that could just be a Singleplayer Campaign, Skirmish, Instant Action, or missions 2.0 just something that was fun but I think some people want their specific thing in the game and can't stand the idea of them being wrong and that's just a personal problem at that point)
    -A convoluted signature


  • yeah their wording is misleading. like "character customization" we think skins like helmets and clothing they think stupid cards. im really tired of all these games with collector cards for boost. just give me a gun and some boom boom sticks everyone is equal on the field of battle. as a former soldier getting shot with a 9mm kills you just as dead as a 50cal. only thing is range. so far i learned everything they write or say take away what you think and put the worst possible thing in its place and thats the game you get. triple a games are in it for the money. thats theor job. take it or leave it. i hope for the best but expect the worse.
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    yeah their wording is misleading. like "character customization" we think skins like helmets and clothing they think **** cards.

    Yeah, I'm really tired of them trying to mislead us like that. Being able to use character skins in the first game's Skirmish mode was something I really wanted. It sounds like we might be able to use Hero skins in Skirmish this time around, but it's not the same...
    * * *

    Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • I hope they show off the co-op at gamescom.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • I hope they show off the co-op at gamescom.

    You and me both. I'm excited for the reveal of Starfighter Assault, but an official reveal of Skirmish would make it all the sweeter!
    * * *

    Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Is there any other places they could reveal more info before gamescom?
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Is there any other places they could reveal more info before gamescom?

    Not that i know of. I wouldn't expect any more news on Star Wars: Battlefront II before Gamescom, unless they start doing special interviews with IGN or what have you, like what Bungie has been doing with Destiny 2.
    * * *

    Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • EA would be foolish to leave off skirmish. The only reason this mode would be left off would be from encouragement from Sony. It's basic capitalism. They believe people won't need to pay money for Playstation Plus if they can still get multiplayer action offline. Thus they are reluctant to make a mode that undermines online multiplayer.... Sad, because offline multiplayer isn't annoying as sh** like playing online.

    IF there is a offline multiplayer, the best possible scenario would be for EA to make it highly customizable like the great shooters of the 90's (Timesplitters 2, Goldeneye, etc.). We could customize ways to score, each opposing CPU player, pickups, etc.
  • SandyAni
    762 posts Member
    jt1987 wrote: »
    EA would be foolish to leave off skirmish. The only reason this mode would be left off would be from encouragement from Sony. It's basic capitalism. They believe people won't need to pay money for Playstation Plus if they can still get multiplayer action offline. Thus they are reluctant to make a mode that undermines online multiplayer.... Sad, because offline multiplayer isn't annoying as sh** like playing online.

    IF there is a offline multiplayer, the best possible scenario would be for EA to make it highly customizable like the great shooters of the 90's (Timesplitters 2, Goldeneye, etc.). We could customize ways to score, each opposing CPU player, pickups, etc.

    I hope your not implying that capitalism is bad....
    RIP Sig Gifs, It would be nice to have coruscant, and big offline content modes, and these heroes at launch:
    Prequel era : yoda, obi wan, Anakin, padme, maul, jango, dooku, grievous,
    Original era: Luke, leia, Han, chewy, Vader, palps, boba, bossk
    New era: Rey, kylo
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    yeah their wording is misleading. like "character customization" we think skins like helmets and clothing they think **** cards. im really tired of all these games with collector cards for boost. just give me a gun and some boom boom sticks everyone is equal on the field of battle. as a former soldier getting shot with a 9mm kills you just as dead as a 50cal. only thing is range. so far i learned everything they write or say take away what you think and put the worst possible thing in its place and thats the game you get. triple a games are in it for the money. thats theor job. take it or leave it. i hope for the best but expect the worse.

    I agree with you on all of that and thank you for your service to whichever nation you are from.
    Henceforth, you shall be known as... Darth... Vader
  • SandyAni wrote: »
    jt1987 wrote: »
    EA would be foolish to leave off skirmish. The only reason this mode would be left off would be from encouragement from Sony. It's basic capitalism. They believe people won't need to pay money for Playstation Plus if they can still get multiplayer action offline. Thus they are reluctant to make a mode that undermines online multiplayer.... Sad, because offline multiplayer isn't annoying as sh** like playing online.

    IF there is a offline multiplayer, the best possible scenario would be for EA to make it highly customizable like the great shooters of the 90's (Timesplitters 2, Goldeneye, etc.). We could customize ways to score, each opposing CPU player, pickups, etc.

    I hope your not implying that capitalism is bad....

    What if he was?
    Henceforth, you shall be known as... Darth... Vader
  • jt1987 wrote: »
    EA would be foolish to leave off skirmish. The only reason this mode would be left off would be from encouragement from Sony. It's basic capitalism. They believe people won't need to pay money for Playstation Plus if they can still get multiplayer action offline. Thus they are reluctant to make a mode that undermines online multiplayer.... Sad, because offline multiplayer isn't annoying as sh** like playing online.

    IF there is a offline multiplayer, the best possible scenario would be for EA to make it highly customizable like the great shooters of the 90's (Timesplitters 2, Goldeneye, etc.). We could customize ways to score, each opposing CPU player, pickups, etc.

    Why would PS4 endorse a game like the Witcher 3 then? I do totally agree with you on the annoyance factor.
    Henceforth, you shall be known as... Darth... Vader
  • Is there any other places they could reveal more info before gamescom?

    Not that i know of. I wouldn't expect any more news on Star Wars: Battlefront II before Gamescom, unless they start doing special interviews with IGN or what have you, like what Bungie has been doing with Destiny 2.

    There's always Twitter my friend
    Henceforth, you shall be known as... Darth... Vader
  • jt1987 wrote: »
    EA would be foolish to leave off skirmish. The only reason this mode would be left off would be from encouragement from Sony. It's basic capitalism. They believe people won't need to pay money for Playstation Plus if they can still get multiplayer action offline. Thus they are reluctant to make a mode that undermines online multiplayer.... Sad, because offline multiplayer isn't annoying as sh** like playing online.

    IF there is a offline multiplayer, the best possible scenario would be for EA to make it highly customizable like the great shooters of the 90's (Timesplitters 2, Goldeneye, etc.). We could customize ways to score, each opposing CPU player, pickups, etc.

    Sony has no say on whether or not Skirmish is in the game, or how much content is included with Skirmish; that's EA's call to make, and EA has already realized that there is high demand for Skirmish, and that is why they're bringing it back.

    And come on... if Sony and Microsoft thought they would lose too much by allowing players to play offline, then games that are exclusively single-player like Wolfenstein: The New Order, Skyrim, and Fallout 4 wouldn't exist.
    * * *

    Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • jt1987 wrote: »
    EA would be foolish to leave off skirmish. The only reason this mode would be left off would be from encouragement from Sony. It's basic capitalism. They believe people won't need to pay money for Playstation Plus if they can still get multiplayer action offline. Thus they are reluctant to make a mode that undermines online multiplayer.... Sad, because offline multiplayer isn't annoying as sh** like playing online.

    IF there is a offline multiplayer, the best possible scenario would be for EA to make it highly customizable like the great shooters of the 90's (Timesplitters 2, Goldeneye, etc.). We could customize ways to score, each opposing CPU player, pickups, etc.

    Sony has no say on whether or not Skirmish is in the game, or how much content is included with Skirmish; that's EA's call to make, and EA has already realized that there is high demand for Skirmish, and that is why they're bringing it back.

    And come on... if Sony and Microsoft thought they would lose too much by allowing players to play offline, then games that are exclusively single-player like Wolfenstein: The New Order, Skyrim, and Fallout 4 wouldn't exist.

    Thank you
    Henceforth, you shall be known as... Darth... Vader
  • Starmasui73146
    1241 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Hi everyone long time no read. How are you all? I hope you are all well? I reeeeeally want to see Skirmish come back for the sequel. The first one was fun and I was very greatful. That said the original Skirmish mode (2015) however had a few small quirks I hope get addressed: Namely A.I. spawn ins, damage balance for teams and A.I. Non- human like nature. With faster A.I. spawn ins the map won't feel so empty. With more human like A.I., snipers won't stand in the open and will seek a more realistic perch. In 'Skirmish Walker Assault' the AT-ATs damage engine was way out of balance. If it does not come back in this sequel I still think proper balance of any kind of vehicle damage between teams is in order. I also hope we get all maps and game modes in "Skirmish Mode'', the original felt like it got abandon near the end. Any way, thanks for listening. Be blessed.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Jesbro
    621 posts Member
    Haven't posted much because we have not had any news on it besides the fact Skirmish will be improved for Battlefront II.

    Hopefully we will know more about it at Gamescom and/or PAX West
  • Hi everyone, how are you all? Long time no write. I am glad to see you are all here again. Any way, now to the topic at hand. 'Skirmish Mode' for this sequel...there is a few things I wish to address. The 2015 'Skirmish Mode' was very fun and was my favorite part of the game, however there were a few tiny issues:
    (1.) Slow spawn-in
    (2.) A.I. Snipers that sniped in the open
    (3.) AT-AT damage was unbalanced because it was too easy to destroy the vehicle as the Rebels and it was too easily for the Rebel A.I. to destroy the AT-AT (if you were an Imperials side).

    The changes I hope arrive are:
    (1.) That the A.I. spawn in will be much faster to make 'Skirmish Mode' maps feel more occupied.
    (2.) That A.I. snipers will hug closer to rocks or find a high perch. This behavior is more conducive to real human Sniper behavior.
    (3.) It sounds like 'Skirmish Walker Assault' might not be in the sequel. Though I hope they find a way to balance vehicles between A.I. and humans. Here's hoping..

    P.S.- I also would like to see available for 'Offline Only' the ability to use prone position. This could be a cool option available to turn on in menus.

    Any way just some thoughts.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Hi everyone, how are you all? Long time no write. I am glad to see you are all here again. Any way, now to the topic at hand. 'Skirmish Mode' for this sequel...there is a few things I wish to address. The 2015 'Skirmish Mode' was very fun and was my favorite part of the game, however there were a few tiny issues:
    (1.) Slow spawn-in
    (2.) A.I. Snipers that sniped in the open
    (3.) AT-AT damage was unbalanced because it was too easy to destroy the vehicle as the Rebels and it was too easily for the Rebel A.I. to destroy the AT-AT (if you were an Imperials side).

    The changes I hope arrive are:
    (1.) That the A.I. spawn in will be much faster to make 'Skirmish Mode' maps feel more occupied.
    (2.) That A.I. snipers will hug closer to rocks or find a high perch. This behavior is more conducive to real human Sniper behavior.
    (3.) It sounds like 'Skirmish Walker Assault' might not be in the sequel. Though I hope they find a way to balance vehicles between A.I. and humans. Here's hoping..

    P.S.- I also would like to see available for 'Offline Only' the ability to use prone position. This could be a cool option available to turn on in menus.

    Any way just some thoughts.

    Walker Assault is being replaced by Galactic Assault in the sequel, and Fighter Squadrons is being replaced by Starfighter Assault. With that in mind, I think it's a safe bet that Galactic Assault and Starfighter Assault will be playable in Skirmish for the sequel.
    * * *

    Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Jesbro
    621 posts Member
    Hi everyone, how are you all? Long time no write. I am glad to see you are all here again. Any way, now to the topic at hand. 'Skirmish Mode' for this sequel...there is a few things I wish to address. The 2015 'Skirmish Mode' was very fun and was my favorite part of the game, however there were a few tiny issues:
    (1.) Slow spawn-in
    (2.) A.I. Snipers that sniped in the open
    (3.) AT-AT damage was unbalanced because it was too easy to destroy the vehicle as the Rebels and it was too easily for the Rebel A.I. to destroy the AT-AT (if you were an Imperials side).

    The changes I hope arrive are:
    (1.) That the A.I. spawn in will be much faster to make 'Skirmish Mode' maps feel more occupied.
    (2.) That A.I. snipers will hug closer to rocks or find a high perch. This behavior is more conducive to real human Sniper behavior.
    (3.) It sounds like 'Skirmish Walker Assault' might not be in the sequel. Though I hope they find a way to balance vehicles between A.I. and humans. Here's hoping..

    P.S.- I also would like to see available for 'Offline Only' the ability to use prone position. This could be a cool option available to turn on in menus.

    Any way just some thoughts.

    Walker Assault is being replaced by Galactic Assault in the sequel, and Fighter Squadrons is being replaced by Starfighter Assault. With that in mind, I think it's a safe bet that Galactic Assault and Starfighter Assault will be playable in Skirmish for the sequel.

    And if they can't add in the above modes there better be great modes that are just as good or even bigger and better!

    Ai dont have to be super smart if there are a ton of them to make the battle huge!
  • Have anyone seen the video from uninspired zebra where he shows some menus including skirmish
    Battlefront OFFLINE with BOTS
  • bfloo
    15647 posts Member
    Jesbro wrote: »
    Hi everyone, how are you all? Long time no write. I am glad to see you are all here again. Any way, now to the topic at hand. 'Skirmish Mode' for this sequel...there is a few things I wish to address. The 2015 'Skirmish Mode' was very fun and was my favorite part of the game, however there were a few tiny issues:
    (1.) Slow spawn-in
    (2.) A.I. Snipers that sniped in the open
    (3.) AT-AT damage was unbalanced because it was too easy to destroy the vehicle as the Rebels and it was too easily for the Rebel A.I. to destroy the AT-AT (if you were an Imperials side).

    The changes I hope arrive are:
    (1.) That the A.I. spawn in will be much faster to make 'Skirmish Mode' maps feel more occupied.
    (2.) That A.I. snipers will hug closer to rocks or find a high perch. This behavior is more conducive to real human Sniper behavior.
    (3.) It sounds like 'Skirmish Walker Assault' might not be in the sequel. Though I hope they find a way to balance vehicles between A.I. and humans. Here's hoping..

    P.S.- I also would like to see available for 'Offline Only' the ability to use prone position. This could be a cool option available to turn on in menus.

    Any way just some thoughts.

    Walker Assault is being replaced by Galactic Assault in the sequel, and Fighter Squadrons is being replaced by Starfighter Assault. With that in mind, I think it's a safe bet that Galactic Assault and Starfighter Assault will be playable in Skirmish for the sequel.

    And if they can't add in the above modes there better be great modes that are just as good or even bigger and better!

    Ai dont have to be super smart if there are a ton of them to make the battle huge!

    They don't need to be super smart, just able to actually play the objectives without dropping everything to go after the player.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • ROMG4
    2860 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    Jesbro wrote: »
    Hi everyone, how are you all? Long time no write. I am glad to see you are all here again. Any way, now to the topic at hand. 'Skirmish Mode' for this sequel...there is a few things I wish to address. The 2015 'Skirmish Mode' was very fun and was my favorite part of the game, however there were a few tiny issues:
    (1.) Slow spawn-in
    (2.) A.I. Snipers that sniped in the open
    (3.) AT-AT damage was unbalanced because it was too easy to destroy the vehicle as the Rebels and it was too easily for the Rebel A.I. to destroy the AT-AT (if you were an Imperials side).

    The changes I hope arrive are:
    (1.) That the A.I. spawn in will be much faster to make 'Skirmish Mode' maps feel more occupied.
    (2.) That A.I. snipers will hug closer to rocks or find a high perch. This behavior is more conducive to real human Sniper behavior.
    (3.) It sounds like 'Skirmish Walker Assault' might not be in the sequel. Though I hope they find a way to balance vehicles between A.I. and humans. Here's hoping..

    P.S.- I also would like to see available for 'Offline Only' the ability to use prone position. This could be a cool option available to turn on in menus.

    Any way just some thoughts.

    Walker Assault is being replaced by Galactic Assault in the sequel, and Fighter Squadrons is being replaced by Starfighter Assault. With that in mind, I think it's a safe bet that Galactic Assault and Starfighter Assault will be playable in Skirmish for the sequel.

    And if they can't add in the above modes there better be great modes that are just as good or even bigger and better!

    Ai dont have to be super smart if there are a ton of them to make the battle huge!

    They don't need to be super smart, just able to actually play the objectives without dropping everything to go after the player.
    To be honest I would actually prefer the Enemy Ai from Skirmish be my allies in Multiplayer

    They play the objective and support you better than 75% of the Current Population in the First BattleFront
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • bfloo
    15647 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Jesbro wrote: »
    Hi everyone, how are you all? Long time no write. I am glad to see you are all here again. Any way, now to the topic at hand. 'Skirmish Mode' for this sequel...there is a few things I wish to address. The 2015 'Skirmish Mode' was very fun and was my favorite part of the game, however there were a few tiny issues:
    (1.) Slow spawn-in
    (2.) A.I. Snipers that sniped in the open
    (3.) AT-AT damage was unbalanced because it was too easy to destroy the vehicle as the Rebels and it was too easily for the Rebel A.I. to destroy the AT-AT (if you were an Imperials side).

    The changes I hope arrive are:
    (1.) That the A.I. spawn in will be much faster to make 'Skirmish Mode' maps feel more occupied.
    (2.) That A.I. snipers will hug closer to rocks or find a high perch. This behavior is more conducive to real human Sniper behavior.
    (3.) It sounds like 'Skirmish Walker Assault' might not be in the sequel. Though I hope they find a way to balance vehicles between A.I. and humans. Here's hoping..

    P.S.- I also would like to see available for 'Offline Only' the ability to use prone position. This could be a cool option available to turn on in menus.

    Any way just some thoughts.

    Walker Assault is being replaced by Galactic Assault in the sequel, and Fighter Squadrons is being replaced by Starfighter Assault. With that in mind, I think it's a safe bet that Galactic Assault and Starfighter Assault will be playable in Skirmish for the sequel.

    And if they can't add in the above modes there better be great modes that are just as good or even bigger and better!

    Ai dont have to be super smart if there are a ton of them to make the battle huge!

    They don't need to be super smart, just able to actually play the objectives without dropping everything to go after the player.
    To be honest I would actually prefer the Enemy Ai from Skirmish be my allies in Multiplayer

    They play the objective and support you better than 75% of the Current Population in the First BattleFront

    Yes, but the other team tends to be awful.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • ROMG4
    2860 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Jesbro wrote: »
    Hi everyone, how are you all? Long time no write. I am glad to see you are all here again. Any way, now to the topic at hand. 'Skirmish Mode' for this sequel...there is a few things I wish to address. The 2015 'Skirmish Mode' was very fun and was my favorite part of the game, however there were a few tiny issues:
    (1.) Slow spawn-in
    (2.) A.I. Snipers that sniped in the open
    (3.) AT-AT damage was unbalanced because it was too easy to destroy the vehicle as the Rebels and it was too easily for the Rebel A.I. to destroy the AT-AT (if you were an Imperials side).

    The changes I hope arrive are:
    (1.) That the A.I. spawn in will be much faster to make 'Skirmish Mode' maps feel more occupied.
    (2.) That A.I. snipers will hug closer to rocks or find a high perch. This behavior is more conducive to real human Sniper behavior.
    (3.) It sounds like 'Skirmish Walker Assault' might not be in the sequel. Though I hope they find a way to balance vehicles between A.I. and humans. Here's hoping..

    P.S.- I also would like to see available for 'Offline Only' the ability to use prone position. This could be a cool option available to turn on in menus.

    Any way just some thoughts.

    Walker Assault is being replaced by Galactic Assault in the sequel, and Fighter Squadrons is being replaced by Starfighter Assault. With that in mind, I think it's a safe bet that Galactic Assault and Starfighter Assault will be playable in Skirmish for the sequel.

    And if they can't add in the above modes there better be great modes that are just as good or even bigger and better!

    Ai dont have to be super smart if there are a ton of them to make the battle huge!

    They don't need to be super smart, just able to actually play the objectives without dropping everything to go after the player.
    To be honest I would actually prefer the Enemy Ai from Skirmish be my allies in Multiplayer

    They play the objective and support you better than 75% of the Current Population in the First BattleFront

    Yes, but the other team tends to be awful.

    Yes, the other team tends to have Bodyguard and Scatter Gun who after taking a entire Cooling Cell of E-11 to the face turn around and one shot me with Scatter

    Than they Laugh Emote

    I hate that laugh emote I hate every Rebel Voice Actor I hates them

    HATES THEM FOREVER
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!