criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• Have anyone seen the video from uninspired zebra where he shows some menus including skirmish

Link?
    RIP Sig Gifs, It would be nice to have coruscant, and big offline content modes, and these heroes at launch:
    Prequel era : yoda, obi wan, Anakin, padme, maul, jango, dooku, grievous,
    Original era: Luke, leia, Han, chewy, Vader, palps, boba, bossk
    New era: Rey, kylo
  • SandyAni wrote: »
    Have anyone seen the video from uninspired zebra where he shows some menus including skirmish

Link?

Battlefront OFFLINE with BOTS
    Have anyone seen the video from uninspired zebra where he shows some menus including skirmish

Link?

So Leia Organa is confirmed.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Starmasui73146
    1241 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    Jesbro wrote: »
    Hi everyone, how are you all? Long time no write. I am glad to see you are all here again. Any way, now to the topic at hand. 'Skirmish Mode' for this sequel...there is a few things I wish to address. The 2015 'Skirmish Mode' was very fun and was my favorite part of the game, however there were a few tiny issues:
    (1.) Slow spawn-in
    (2.) A.I. Snipers that sniped in the open
    (3.) AT-AT damage was unbalanced because it was too easy to destroy the vehicle as the Rebels and it was too easily for the Rebel A.I. to destroy the AT-AT (if you were an Imperials side).

The changes I hope arrive are:
    (1.) That the A.I. spawn in will be much faster to make 'Skirmish Mode' maps feel more occupied.
    (2.) That A.I. snipers will hug closer to rocks or find a high perch. This behavior is more conducive to real human Sniper behavior.
    (3.) It sounds like 'Skirmish Walker Assault' might not be in the sequel. Though I hope they find a way to balance vehicles between A.I. and humans. Here's hoping..

P.S.- I also would like to see available for 'Offline Only' the ability to use prone position. This could be a cool option available to turn on in menus.

Any way just some thoughts.

Walker Assault is being replaced by Galactic Assault in the sequel, and Fighter Squadrons is being replaced by Starfighter Assault. With that in mind, I think it's a safe bet that Galactic Assault and Starfighter Assault will be playable in Skirmish for the sequel.

And if they can't add in the above modes there better be great modes that are just as good or even bigger and better!

Ai dont have to be super smart if there are a ton of them to make the battle huge!

They don't need to be super smart, just able to actually play the objectives without dropping everything to go after the player.
    To be honest I would actually prefer the Enemy Ai from Skirmish be my allies in Multiplayer

They play the objective and support you better than 75% of the Current Population in the First BattleFront

Yes, but the other team tends to be awful.

Yes, the other team tends to have Bodyguard and Scatter Gun who after taking a entire Cooling Cell of E-11 to the face turn around and one shot me with Scatter

Than they Laugh Emote

I hate that laugh emote I hate every Rebel Voice Actor I hates them

HATES THEM FOREVER

Lol. Here's to A.I. that is fair, balanced and doesn't exploit like us humans tend to. Lol.

P.S.- That laugh emote is just hurtful. It reeeeeally needs to go. Well atleast A.I. doesn't do it to us, there's that.
    “There is always hope.”

Link?

Good to see deathmatch added to skirmish. I hated being forced to play walker assault with bots. :D

Also I hope they nail the difficulty this time. In the first one they go from useless practice dummies to terminators with one difficulty change.
  • On the main menu I just want cinematic scenes and iconic music in the background
    RIP Sig Gifs, It would be nice to have coruscant, and big offline content modes, and these heroes at launch:
    On the main menu I just want cinematic scenes and iconic music in the background
    So basically the original Battlefronts?
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
    On the main menu I just want cinematic scenes and iconic music in the background

But that isn't the final menu its only a development menu
    So basically the original Battlefronts?

Yeah I like the background though, I'm talking just on the main menu
  • Alex64
    7603 posts Member
    D7A33CF6532044D587B6256915796A8D.gif
    No leaks!
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    No leaks!

lol thought you was saying patch the old game lol then i saw no leaks lol
    No leaks!

:lol:
  • Aryck-The-One
    1632 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Alex64 wrote: »
    No leaks!

There actually aren't any rules against discussing leaks... and at this point, it makes little difference; the leaks are all over YouTube and Reddit. EA hasn't been trying to stop them, so I'm guessing it's out of their control.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
    No leaks!

There actually aren't any rules against discussing leaks... and at this point, it makes little difference; the leaks are all over YouTube and Reddit. EA hasn't been trying to stop them, so I'm guessing it's out of their control.

Minimize game leaks = Release "basic" information about the game well in advance of launch.
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1348 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Alex64 wrote: »
    No leaks!

A Mod, Pool Shark, has said not to because it's against the rules (see pages 2 and 3 of this topic). Please stop so they don't close the topic.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
    No leaks!

A Mod, Pool Shark, has said not to because it's against the rules (see pages 2 and 3 of this topic). Please stop so they don't close the topic.

It'd only be the 3rd Skirmish topic they'll shut down... We're used to it by now, no biggy
    FULL Offline MP/Instant Action/"Skirmish" is asked for AND needed for BF2
    • #SoloPlayersMatter
    No leaks!

Sorry i only wanted to put the link but it pos the video
    No leaks!

Did you mean the link to the video, or do you have a link to some non leaked info. If you have some non leaked info, that'd be awesome.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.

Link?

Why did the game say God mode off, and Jesus mode off?
    SandyAni wrote: »

Link?

Why at 19 seconds does it have God mode and Jesus mode off?
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good forum post kid.
  • Undeadjon wrote: »

Link?

Link?

Cause arent the final menus. Are menus that they use in development in the comments god mod you can not die and jesus i dont remeber well if was infinity ammo and abilities, but wont be at final version are only to test
    No leaks!

Did you mean the link to the video, or do you have a link to some non leaked info. If you have some non leaked info, that'd be awesome.

Only mean link video

• Undeadjon wrote: »

Link?

Link?

Cause arent the final menus. Are menus that they use in development in the comments god mod you can not die and jesus i dont remeber well if was infinity ammo and abilities, but wont be at final version are only to test

Alright, seems legit.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good forum post kid.
  • In star wars, Battlefront II, What I think most people want is having the ability to play all of the online gamemodes, offline in the skirmish option, along with all the maps and DLC and across all of the eras. Having this ability is great as it gives new players a chance to recognize the objective and get better with the game, so this way when you go to the online modes you can be prepared, and know what to do instead of being lost. Another thing is some people do not have the internet or a Xbox live gold member ship or psn membership to play online. Having all of the online game modes available offline in skirmish would allow those people to enjoy the game and all of what it has to offer. If the online game modes were not available offline, those people who prefer offline gameplay or who don't have the internet, would not be able to enjoy the game fully and they would get bored. Another factor is over time the servers would get shut down for star wars battlefront ii and having the online game modes available offline in the skirmish option would mean that even without the servers everyone would still be able to enjoy all of the game modes and what the game has to offer. Of course, since it is skirmish is should be co-op and solo, and also having online co-op. Overall having all of the online game modes available offline in skirmish would make the game much better and have a longer lifespan and it would cater to those people without the internet or online membership. Additionally, some people just enjoy playing with a friend locally on the same console rather than playing online with a bunch of strangers. Another thing is all of the maps should be available offline. Basically Offline and Online should be equal. I hope EA takes this into consideration as it would make battlefront ii so much better than the first. In the first one, there was a skirmish mode but it only included 2 modes from the online, Walker assault and fighter squadron, all of the other modes such as supremacy heroes vs villains cargo and drop pod, just to name a few online modes, were missing from the offline skirmish mode options. Additionally if you bought the season pass all of the DLC maps could not be played offline, so people who could only play offline were missing out on so much to enjoy, this also means that if those people did buy the season pass they could not enjoy those beautiful maps, death star rouge one scarif and Bespin, as it was only available offline. When the servers go down for battlefront I those beautiful maps will no longer be playable. The only this from the season pass available offline was the new heroes and villains but that was it. I hope this covers everything that people want in the offline skirmish.
  • Here is a video regarding more information

• The leaked menus look interesting. Seems like we will be able to customize skirmish battles a lot this time around (number of bots, duration of match, kills needed to win etc.). Would be amazing, if true.
  • Jesbro
    621 posts Member
    What would be even more amazing is if the part where we can do any faction vs any faction is also true!
  • The more options available in SWBF 2 Skirmish the better. If you ask me split screen and hero AI are a must.
  • It would really be nice to have some details. I'm very much on the fence with BF2. Part of me wants to believe they will have Skirmish in line with the more traditional Instant Action. However they have been dead silent on any news and the game releases in three months.

If they would come out and say that every map in multiplayer will be playable in Skirmish, I would pre order today. I understand if some of the modes couldn't be feasible. However give us all the locations of multiplayer. If your going to have bots open it up like most games with private match options. And please include the dlc this time around. All they would have had to do was add Blast which is basically team death match and all of the dlc had most of the maps available in blast. Please give us some details that is all I am asking. If your planning a reveal give us a heads up. That isn't too much to ask. We've seen the campaign trailers, and multiplayer in action, give us some details on your co op mode.

I saw the success of Titanfall 2 with Frontier Defense. I think they said there more players playing FD then they had during launch period. And more people were playing FD then all the other modes combined. There is room for multiplayer, and Skirmish to give the game more robust options. And you can use the assets in multiplayer for Skirmish, so you are not taking away from the multiplayer. I hope Skirmish is done right! It was great last time just very light on maps and modes. I think the Horde modes, Spartan Ops, Frontier Defense, and bot modes of Cod prove there is a audience that would love to play co op/single player in more of a sandbox atmosphere, as well as the scripted campaign.

I only ask as a fan of Battlefront and Skirmish. I want to be a part of this community, but sometimes it feels like that is not reciprocated. Please don't tell us what Skirmish isn't, show us what you have done! Cheers!
  • from what i've seen on some leaked early menu stages, it looks like there'll be skirmish with many customization.
  • SandyAni
    762 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I hope they come through with multiple options, makes everybody happy, they probably will do the same in multiplayer, that's why Anakin won't be in the game, unless they get fancy and start locking heroes and stuff which I don't think will happen rip Anakin download
  • didn't they say all heroes are era locked except in HvV or am I wrong?
  • r3y3s00 wrote: »
    didn't they say all heroes are era locked except in HvV or am I wrong?
    r3y3s00 wrote: »
    didn't they say all heroes are era locked except in HvV or am I wrong?

Lol that's what the community wants, but may not be what ea wants, because gamers gotta have" options" and" diversity"
  • Oh ****. I would think era locked heroes would solve all their problems to create more characters, but I guess they're lazy. hopefully they give the community what they want, cuz its what i want lol.
  • r3y3s00 wrote: »
    Oh ****. I would think era locked heroes would solve all their problems to create more characters, but I guess they're lazy. hopefully they give the community what they want, cuz its what i want lol.

Yeah cuz you know they could create characters like Anakin, old Ben, old Luke, darth sidious dang we really need him with his lightsaber and the memes anyway, the list goes on
  • Devs finishing battlefront 2. EA comes in.

EA: Good Dennis, GOOD! Put cross era heroes.

Dev looks at EA with a side eye

EA: Cross Era heroes now......

Dev: I can't the fans won't-

EA: DO IT!
  • EA: I AM THE SENATE!

Battlefront community: NOT YET!

EA: Its treason then.....

*Autistically screeches while igniting lightsaber and doing a spin attack combo*
  • Skirmish mode where we can slaughter hundreds of soldiers as a hero please.
  • bfloo
    15647 posts Member
    HeavyTeemu wrote: »
    Skirmish mode where we can slaughter hundreds of soldiers as a hero please.

That is the only fun part of skirmish now
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

The Skirmish split screen was my favorite part of Battlefront 2015
  • The EA Gamescom press conference mentioned the existence of the co-op mode but gave no details. Hopefully, some one will get details from the show floor.
  • The EA Gamescom press conference mentioned the existence of the co-op mode but gave no details. Hopefully, some one will get details from the show floor.

Yeah, I was hoping that they'd confirm space battles as part of skirmish. The mode looks like a ton of fun! Would hate to only be able to play it online.
  • bfloo
    15647 posts Member

If it was side by side I might have liked it. I didn't like the top/ bottom view.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Jesbro
    621 posts Member
    RogueKarp wrote: »
    The EA Gamescom press conference mentioned the existence of the co-op mode but gave no details. Hopefully, some one will get details from the show floor.

Yeah, I was hoping that they'd confirm space battles as part of skirmish. The mode looks like a ton of fun! Would hate to only be able to play it online.

The fact that they mentioned it probably means Space Assault will be a part of Skirmish.

Since there are Fighter AI in both Campaign and normal Space Assault I don't see why it shouldn't be possible!
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    RogueKarp wrote: »
    The EA Gamescom press conference mentioned the existence of the co-op mode but gave no details. Hopefully, some one will get details from the show floor.

The fact that they mentioned it probably means Space Assault will be a part of Skirmish.

Since there are Fighter AI in both Campaign and normal Space Assault I don't see why it shouldn't be possible!

You read my mind. I think it's also worth noting that the Imperial Shipyards map on Fondor is also used in the campaign.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Campaign looks awesome ✔
    Multiplayer looks vastly improved & I liked the first game! ✔
    SPACE battles look epic! ✔
    Now release the details on Skirmish/Co op and please make every map playable both launch and dlc and you will have the greatest Star Wars game ever made!✔
  • ...Imagine a co-op mode where a small team of players comprise a strike force that are escorted into an enemy hangar via a gunship, and as a team you have to fight through the ship interior defenses, destroy the shield core and escape! :0
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• bfloo wrote: »

If it was side by side I might have liked it. I didn't like the top/ bottom view.

Borderlands pre-sequel a game released on 2014 had this feature. Why all other shooters can't have this option is beyond me. Perhaps they think they spoil us with too much customization.
  • When is the next event that might have some news regarding the co-op offline modes of the game?
  • When is the next event that might have some news regarding the co-op offline modes of the game?

The Beta is supposed to showcase some of those modes.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • @ThePoolshark I know you can't answer our questions, but I would like some advice. I owned the season pass for BF2015 but found that I couldn't get more than a few hours of decent use out of the content due to it only being accessible online. I'm worried that once again I'll pay for great content that I just can't get any use out of, because I have to play offline for a while. I also want to Pre-Order, not because I really need to, but because it looks like EA is actually listening and I want to repay that.

So what I want to ask is this... do you think its worth the risk, personally? Do you think, as someone who won't have the internet at all times, that the game will still be worth while?

If you feel you can't say or can only say "wait and see", fair enough. I just wanted to ask.
    Also, if its inappropriate or irritating to be tagged in these posts, please let me know so I don't irk you further.
    That said, I admire your patience when dealing with people like Jesbro.

Best of luck in the final weeks before launch. Try not to go crazy with stress. We do appreciate your work, even if it looks like we don't on the forums.