criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Skirmish/Offline Content

Prev13456774
Gothic_Mando
1752 posts Member
edited July 2017
SoloPlayersMatter has been anxiously hoping for info on whether this mode or something akin to Instant Action will feature in Star Wars Battlefront 2. I realize more specific info on modes may be being kept under wraps till a later date, so even if that is the only response we get atm, itd still be much appreciated : )

Game looks pretty awesome in scope so far; classes, more customisation, clone wars... Skirmish would be the icing on the cake for us.
Offline multiplayer with bots for all maps, with co-op and AI Heroes. #singleplayersmatter #soloplayersmatter
Post edited by ThePoolshark on

Replies

• Undeadjon
    339 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I hope so but probably not. Its sickening, but they really didn't answer if it will be in the game or not. People asked for an offline mode in the first one and we got a half **** version. I can't imagine why they would leave it out of this one.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good forum post kid.
  • They mentioned an "offline co-op mode" with split-screen, but so far they're being vague on the details. We don't know if it will feature all eras, if it will have vehicles, starfighters, or heroes, we don't know if it will be based on the multiplayer modes or if it will be like Battles or Training Missions... I really wish EA would be more transparent with this, tell us exactly what we can expect from this mode.

Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • WodiQuix
    4028 posts Member
    They mentioned offline skirmishes spanning the eras on the website, so maybe!
  • Thorvall95
    24 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Undeadjon wrote: »
    I hope so but probably not. Its sickening, but they really didn't answer if it will be in the game or not. People asked for an offline mode in the first one and we got a half **** version. I can't imagine why they would leave it out of this one.

The guy who did interview with devs on twich livestream was a total ****. He asked them questions about stuff that everybody already knew that will be in the game but could not ask questions about what battlefront community really wanted to know!? Where is **** galactic conquest, where is skirmish?!?!
  • WodiQuix wrote: »

The mentioned some **** splitt screen COOP for consoles only
  • Thorvall95 wrote: »
    WodiQuix wrote: »

That means you co-op through internet connection.

#SoloPlayersMatter: Skirmish was officially confirmed as Arcade Join us on Facebook (870+ members) and on Twitter!

Still I don't think that it's skirmish..
    Thorvall95 wrote: »

Still I don't think that it's skirmish..

As mentioned in a previous thread, the "News" section of the official website says "You will also cooperate against AI foes in skirmishes that span the cinematic eras, and engage enemies in entirely new modes. " Whether or not that's a reference to the mode or they're using "Skirmish" as a description is currently unknown. I can't imagine they'd do the latter, but you never know.
  • 3 studios are working on the game, I doubt anything will done half heartedly, that little split screen Co-op thing is probably Skirmish.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • we need offline co-op skirmish !!!

remember, it says offline...with customizable heroes and troopers...no way is that restricted only to co-op if a friend is over...for offline lol. not to mention we all know what "skirmishes against the ai" are...we saw it in last game, they wouldn't use "skirmishes" just to throw it out, they would have said "battles" or "conflicts" if it was MP based only, not something they used to name an offline mode for specifically.

not saying dont be wary, but things are looking up
  • Linge1416
    1507 posts Member

Sounds possible then.
    dq8iS1t.gif
  • 3 studios are working on the game, I doubt anything will done half heartedly, that little split screen Co-op thing is probably Skirmish.

Here's hoping... but assume nothing until they tell us exactly what it is. For all we know, that co-op mode could be the same as the Training, Battles, or Survival missions in Battlefront 2015.

• Is this proof of skirmish?
    C9ex_9TVYAAZMw3.jpg:large
    #SoloPlayersMatter: Skirmish was officially confirmed as Arcade Join us on Facebook (870+ members) and on Twitter!

• gistech
    131 posts Member
    An interesting choice of words to be sure.
  • I would really like to see a healthy offering of skirmish maps/modes! Since there's a solo campaign, I get the feeling hero AI will be present.

I'd take that with a grain of salt. The details on this mode are scarce; could it be Skirmish? Yes, if we're lucky. But unfortunately it's just as likely it's just Training/Battles/Survival. I wish EA would stop being so vague.

Perhaps... >_>
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good forum post kid.

I'd take that with a grain of salt. The details on this mode are scarce; could it be Skirmish? Yes, if we're lucky. But unfortunately it's just as likely it's just Training/Battles/Survival. I wish EA would stop being so vague.

I'm skeptical too, but there's no way someone would write "Skirmishes", the name of the offline game mode people demanded for months, instead of "battles". It just seems purposely worded.
  • But does it also mean you can play it solo, or does that also mean you can log in a friend in split screan and play together online.
  • This is what the Origin description says about offline-co op for pc, really it's just solo on PC: Train Offline. Practice makes perfect. Enjoy solo offline play where you can earn rewards, customize troopers and heroes, then bring your upgrades into the online multiplayer battleground.

they said skirmish on another page too, Im cautious It could be a screw over, but Imo, they made skirmish, they know what it means. And to use that word more than once to describe the mode...to me its a given, well a 95% given.
    Glitch101 wrote: »
    But does it also mean you can play it solo, or does that also mean you can log in a friend in split screan and play together online.

I would Imagine. If its offline Co-op I cant imagine making it restrited to offline, but only in co-op with a friend over, especially if you can transport said stats online, I imagine, if in the sad case your too busy or have no friends if your a creeper, you can do solo.

The first game advertised Missions mostly for the Co-op experience, but they were playable solo too.

Like I said I think we can start looking up, but in a cautious way
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Like I said I think we can start looking up, but in a cautious way

I agree. So far what we've seen would indicate that Battlefront 2 is going in the direction the first game should have.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • kgameroverlord
    1 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    **** all this skirmish ****, what we need is for instant action to make a comeback. im pretty sure everyone can agree with me on this
  • Maul427
    8 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    They robbed me once in the last game by not bothering to slap some bots in ALL the DLC maps. So greedy and lazy. As great as the new one looks, I will not buy it if it only has partial skirmish on just a few maps.

The single player campaign will no doubt be short. That is a joke. Only complete Skirmish (ON ALL MAPS, IN ALL MODES) can make it worth a buy. Otherwise I'll snag it in the bargain bin for $20.00 like tons of others in 2018 sometime.

#SWBFII-InstantAction-Skirmish2017
    ALL MAPS and MODES in SKIRMISH and I'll Pre-order.
  • Maul427 wrote: »
    They robbed me once in the last game by not bothering to slap some bots in ALL the DLC maps. So greedy and lazy. As great as the new one looks, I will not buy it if it only has partial skirmish on just a few maps.

The single player campaign will no doubt be short. That is a joke. Only complete Skirmish (ON ALL MAPS, IN ALL MODES) can make it worth a buy. Otherwise I'll snag it in the bargain bin for $20.00 like tons of others in 2018 sometime.

I should add that because it's SW, I would be willing to pre-order once it is confirmed that skirmish / instant action / conquest mode will 100% be in the game at launch and supported through all seasons with maps, skins, unlocks, etc. etc. I never pre-order games. Especially not from EA. Lets make a change shall we EA?
    ALL MAPS and MODES in SKIRMISH and I'll Pre-order.
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    Maul427 wrote: »

might wanna wait for that bargain bin deal then, Dennis said it wouldn't be a total copy of all modes online into offline with bots

No this is pretty much what it says it is a stupid boring Coop mode like survival or the training missions on the previous game.
    We are yet to see information on if the real Skirmish (instant action) versus local multiplayer will be included but saddly all the people who get an interview with the devs are pretty much **** that they keep asking for questions we already have information about instead of pressing about matters the community actually want in game.
  • DarthFain wrote: »
    Is this proof of skirmish?

No this is pretty much what it says it is a **** boring Coop mode like survival or the training missions on the previous game.
    We are yet to see information on if the real Skirmish (instant action) versus local multiplayer will be included but saddly all the people who get an interview with the devs are pretty much **** that they keep asking for questions we already have information about instead of pressing about matters the community actually want in game.

You do realise said youtubers are told beforehand what they can and cant ask about?... Which is usually echoed by the dev response 'we aren't talking about that just yet.'
    Offline multiplayer with bots for all maps, with co-op and AI Heroes. #singleplayersmatter #soloplayersmatter
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    DarthFain wrote: »
    Is this proof of skirmish?

No this is pretty much what it says it is a **** boring Coop mode like survival or the training missions on the previous game.

Your a bit behind with things friend.- https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/72463/a-substantial-skirmish-mode-for-star-wars-battlefront-ii#latest
  • Maul427 wrote: »

This is what I have always wanted, that and ground to space battles WHICH WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE IN THIS VERSION. Tired of the promises that will be in the next game.
  • This will stay open until you start discussing leaks or data mining.
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • Midgeti
    22 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Removed
  • Profanity is not allowed. Read the rules before posting again
  • Alex64
    4634 posts Member

This is what I have always wanted, that and ground to space battles WHICH WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE IN THIS VERSION. Tired of the promises that will be in the next game.

Ground to Space was never a promise
    This is survival of the fittest, this... is, do or die, this... is, the winner takes it all, so take it all!!!
  • gcardoso
    125 posts Member
    all modes from previews game will probably be in this one as well.
  • Sorry guys totally my fault the other thread was closed >_<' : / i sincerely apologise! dont make the same mistake: No posts about leaks / datamines.
  • Sorry guys totally my fault the other thread was closed >_<' : / i sincerely apologise! dont make the same mistake: No posts about leaks / datamines.

Are you kidding me?

• Alex64 wrote: »

Technically it was by the cancelled Star Wars Battlefront 3 by Pandemic, which was shown from alpha videos as a working concept. However, instead on pushing the series forward, Battlefront 2015 took a dozen steps back with only 4 world, boots on the ground only game (with some tacked on starfighter combat), and online only. With this one, they seem to be catching up to what the original Battlefront 2 offered, but still seems that it is not on that level yet, because there is so much that fans wanted is not explained. As for ground to space battles, that should be in the game, make it much more fun and immersive.

No, it wasn't your fault. I looked over the last few pages and it was full of links and discussion

No, it wasn't your fault. I looked over the last few pages and it was full of links and discussion

Can I open a new thread if I warn everyone not to post datamined or leaked info?

Can I open a new thread if I warn everyone not to post datamined or leaked info?

This is now your new thread. Feel free to discuss offline content here. Remember, leaks will get you removed. NDA's are still in effect
  • Alex64
    4634 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »

Technically it was by the cancelled Star Wars Battlefront 3 by Pandemic, which was shown from alpha videos as a working concept. However, instead on pushing the series forward, Battlefront 2015 took a dozen steps back with only 4 world, boots on the ground only game (with some tacked on starfighter combat), and online only. With this one, they seem to be catching up to what the original Battlefront 2 offered, but still seems that it is not on that level yet, because there is so much that fans wanted is not explained. As for ground to space battles, that should be in the game, make it much more fun and immersive.

The problem with ground to space, IMO, it's that you couldn't create a gameplay mechanic that works properly for an Offiline/Multiplayer game
    This is survival of the fittest, this... is, do or die, this... is, the winner takes it all, so take it all!!!

this... isnt a new thread. Its one i posted waaay back that seemed to resurface today.

this... isnt a new thread. Its one i posted waaay back that seemed to resurface today.

Moreover, this thread was posted way back when we didn't know for sure if Skirmish was even going to be in the sequel. The OP is still asking whether or not Skirmish will be in the game, and cannot be edited.

• I edited it to make it super generalized.
  • Thanks Poolshark and sorry for the aggravation nonetheless!
  • DOWNWARDZ
    1067 posts Member

The problem with ground to space, IMO, it's that you couldn't create a gameplay mechanic that works properly for an Offiline/Multiplayer game

Is their technology even capable of rendering such a trip without a loading screen. I think it would be a massive undertaking to go from the ground to outer space on the same map.
  • Alex64
    4634 posts Member
    DOWNWARDZ wrote: »

Is their technology even capable of rendering such a trip without a loading screen. I think it would be a massive undertaking to go from the ground to outer space on the same map.

This isn't about Technology, this is about Design, they need to mantain 20 vs 20 PTO.
  • Meh... for me ground to space isnt really needed, besides with 2 large areas to cover youll need more than 40 characters for them to both feel 'full'. Its clear the devs didnt want to / couldnt exceed the 20 vs 20 limit in the last game, and i dont see that changing this time either.