criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• Trekker26 wrote: »
    quenaelin wrote: »
    I am really waiting for new offline mode, very often I don't feel like playing multiplayer games and arcade is too simple and campaign replayability is almost none.

If not for my 6 year od son, I would have stopped touching this game months ago. But he really loves playing Arcade mode with me.

So does my 8yro. He wants to drive the new clone tank. But he can't get a kill. And when the autism kick in then it's daddy make them stop. So then it's back to 2005 battlefront 2. Then it's the problem of he wants to be Kylo Ren and freeze the clones but he wants big war (what he calls large scale battles).

Hmmpf, for a game based off a Disney product it sure isn't kid friendly.
  • ChadSquadron
    247 posts Member
    edited July 12
    Hopes guys... More precisions in august about what content is coming for the end of year. 
    PvE first mode will finally be in our hands, and details for the next one. 
    Than New way to PvP, felucia first look and more. 
    Just patience, i'm sure we've been heared. The team will do everything they can with ressources they have to make this game better and better... For everyone. 

#remember skirmish battlefront 2015 was done on personnal time by couple of devs. DICE devs have the passion and definitely try their Best to immerse us in Star Wars !

I just hope EA will put some more ressources to help them keep designing this incredible game. 
    Post edited by ChadSquadron on
  • I hope we will be able to play what fraction on any map. Large scale battles with vehicles and fighters with at least AI reinforcements too. 

Just saying "hopes and dreams ".
  • I hope we will be able to play what fraction on any map. Large scale battles with vehicles and fighters with at least AI reinforcements too. 

That's the least of what's expected. Large-scale battles with some sort of objective (command posts would suffice) and all of the various Troopers, Special Units, Heroes, Vehicles, and Starfighters available to play. This should also include vehicles in the Artillery class if possible; the LAAT and U-Wing shouldn't be a problem, but the AT-AT, AT-TE, and MTT need to be playable as well. 

If possible, the AT-AT and MTT should be made to function identically to the AT-TE on Geonosis; take them off rails and let us control them freely. Also, these vehicles should obviously not require ION Disruptors or Portable Rocket Launchers to destroy... but these weapons should still be present on the map for damaging enemy vehicles if the player is not using a vehicle themselves or otherwise not playing as the Heavy class. 

Maybe make them a reward for capturing Command Posts? Capture a post, and a few ION Disruptors/Portable Rocket Launchers appear for the player's use only.

The idea is to have the complete sandbox of Battlefront II available to playable offline. If the player wants to pilot the Ski Speeder, the AT-TE, the N-1 Starfighter, the T-47 Airspeeder, the LIUV, the X-34 Landspeeder, or otherwise ride a Tauntaun, there needs to be at least one map where they can do that. 

Obviously that also means DICE should prioritize maps that feature unique vehicles. Maps like Jakku and Death Star II really don't have anything to offer in terms of gameplay that we can't already get out of Team Battle. 

While I would love to be able to capture Command Posts on the Death Star or even Bespin eventually (especially the latter if they can include the Cloud Car from campaign as a playable vehicle) it's the big vehicle-heavy maps from Galactic Assault and Capital Supremacy that should take priority as far as PvE goes.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Jesbro
    622 posts Member
    I actually like the Jakku and Death Star maps during Galactic Assault but I do see your point. 

That's the least of what's expected. Large-scale battles with some sort of objective (command posts would suffice) and all of the various Troopers, Special Units, Heroes, Vehicles, and Starfighters available to play. This should also include vehicles in the Artillery class if possible; the LAAT and U-Wing shouldn't be a problem, but the AT-AT, AT-TE, and MTT need to be playable as well. 

If possible, the AT-AT and MTT should be made to function identically to the AT-TE on Geonosis; take them off rails and let us control them freely. Also, these vehicles should obviously not require ION Disruptors or Portable Rocket Launchers to destroy... but these weapons should still be present on the map for damaging enemy vehicles if the player is not using a vehicle themselves or otherwise not playing as the Heavy class. 

Maybe make them a reward for capturing Command Posts? Capture a post, and a few ION Disruptors/Portable Rocket Launchers appear for the player's use only.

The idea is to have the complete sandbox of Battlefront II available to playable offline. If the player wants to pilot the Ski Speeder, the AT-TE, the N-1 Starfighter, the T-47 Airspeeder, the LIUV, the X-34 Landspeeder, or otherwise ride a Tauntaun, there needs to be at least one map where they can do that. 

Obviously that also means DICE should prioritize maps that feature unique vehicles. Maps like Jakku and Death Star II really don't have anything to offer in terms of gameplay that we can't already get out of Team Battle. 

While I would love to be able to capture Command Posts on the Death Star or even Bespin eventually (especially the latter if they can include the Cloud Car from campaign as a playable vehicle) it's the big vehicle-heavy maps from Galactic Assault and Capital Supremacy that should take priority as far as PvE goes.
    Being able to do all this in couch co-op would be awesome!
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Jesbro said:
    I actually like the Jakku and Death Star maps during Galactic Assault but I do see your point. 
    There's nothing we can do on the Death Star or Jakku in a large-scale game mode that we can't already do in Arcade. The most they could do with those maps is add 20v20 and Command Posts, and while they would be an improvement over what we currently have, vehicle maps should take priority.

• Jesbro
    622 posts Member
    Jesbro said:
    There's nothing we can do on the Death Star or Jakku in a large-scale game mode that we can't already do in Arcade. The most they could do with those maps is add 20v20 and Command Posts, and while they would be an improvement over what we currently have, vehicle maps should take priority.
    Yes I agree that the Vehicle maps should take priority but I have had a few Epic moments on those maps as well.

My favorite is charging up the hill on Jakku as the First Order while the Starfighters battle overhead and sometimes strafe ground forces.
  • I hope we get ALL large scale maps.  No excuses why we can't have Death Star 2 and Jakku as large scale vehicle-less maps in infantry combat (32 vs. 32)
    Just saying, it took 4 months to release 4 Capital Supremacy maps, and one of those maps was vehicle-less; whenever Kamino comes up in the rotation, I cancel the search because I want to play as the new TX-130, STAP, and BARC Speeder.

Vehicles are the biggest thing missing from Arcade right now. Odds are the initial release of this new PvE mode will have a small selection of maps at the start; maybe 6 maps like we had at launch. If that turns out to be the case, then vehicle maps should take precedence over everything else.

The first 6 maps I would release under those circumstances would be Naboo, Geonosis, Kashyyyk, Mos Eisley, Hoth, and Yavin IV. Those would give us the most variety from the outset with the N-1 Starfighter, MTT, AT-TE, T-47 Airspeeder, AT-AT, X-34 Landspeeder, LAAT, and U-Wing Gunship, as well all the other starfighters and ground vehicles from the Original Trilogy and Clone Wars eras.

Then after that, Death Star II, Endor, Jakku, Takodana, Starkiller Base, and Crait, which would add the last of the unique maps-specific vehicles to offline, including the Ski Speeder, Speeder Bike, and LIUV. That would give us the Sequel Trilogy as well, which should probably be lower on the list of priorities for offline due to it's lack of unique content compare to the other two eras.

Finally they should add Felucia to the new mode whenever it is released, along with any new vehicles and reinforcements that might enter the mix.

• 2xk9edqfnpc5.png

I think this new pve mode will be full of surprises :D
  • 2xk9edqfnpc5.png

I try to not get my hopes up, especially with some quotes like that one from F8RGE, when nobody can what that really means. But hero AI would be just awesome. I would be completely satisfied, if we get that, even if they are just able to swing/shoot, block and run. Things like dodging, jumping and abilities would be just a bonus.
  • 2xk9edqfnpc5.png

I try to not get my hopes up, especially with some quotes like that one from F8RGE, when nobody can what that really means. But hero AI would be just awesome. I would be completely satisfied, if we get that, even if they are just able to swing/shoot, block and run. Things like dodging, jumping and abilities would be just a bonus.

Hero AI without special abilities is fine for me. It would be incredible if we get large scale mode with objectives, vehicles, reinforcements and hero AI.

That's everything i ever wanted to have as an offline-experience for Battlefront 2.
  • Finger crossed until august news ! 😅
  • I am NOT going to get my hopes up. Plus come August they might not give out a lot of details till the very end right before the update.
  • You should expect one era with max 2 maps imo... do not think that, if CS maps took them so long and they are literally the same than the normal GA maps, that they will be much quicker with offline maps... ah, sorry, not offline, PvE
  • I am NOT going to get my hopes up. Plus come August they might not give out a lot of details till the very end right before the update.

I hope that's not the case. I'm in a gaming funk right now and not as excited as I should be for Gears 5 / Doom Eternal because of the terrible marketing and lack of information on them. I need some exciting news ASAP to get my zest back.
  • This is exactly what I would like to see added as well. The only other thing I would add is customization for player 2 in split screen.

I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • "Hero AI without special abilities is fine for me. It would be incredible if we get large scale mode with objectives, vehicles, reinforcements and hero AI."

This and customization for player 2 in split screen would be perfect!

• "Hero AI without special abilities is fine for me. It would be incredible if we get large scale mode with objectives, vehicles, reinforcements and hero AI."

If AI Heroes were at least able to fire their blasters and attack/block with lightsabers, that would be good enough for me. In the case of Boba Fett, just use the same AI as the Imperial Rocket Troopers from the campaign. Have him fly up in the air, and then unleash his Rocket Barrage.

If AI Heroes were at least able to fire their blasters and attack/block with lightsabers, that would be good enough for me. In the case of Boba Fett, just use the same AI as the Imperial Rocket Troopers from the campaign. Have him fly up in the air, and then unleash his Rocket Barrage.
    That would be perfect.
  • Mystical
    304 posts Member
    Played several arcade matches last night and still impressed with how well the AI are now compared to how they were on launch. Seeing them sprint around, use abilities, and dodge makes it so much more immersive. If we can just get the AI to play as reinforcements, use vehicles, and heroes in a large scale TDM battle mode it will be awesome. The AI already know how to fly so that can be crossed off the list already as a bonus.

One of the matches I played last night was a custom onslaught match and I put the enemy AI on fast reinforcement spawn. Was really intense playing as Rey trying to survive these guys for 18 mins. Now that they can use abilities it is pretty crazy trying not to get shot to death. When there is more than 3 units in a group with them on expert difficulty they don't play around and feel tougher than most of the players I face online.

I really hope the August update is not a disappointment if it will be AI focused. If it turns out to be some online only single player experience that is very directed that would be a huge miss. Arcade just needs to be made in a bigger scale and it would be perfect.
  • I don't think we are getting anything. Just saying. 
  • SAM4XE
    324 posts Member
    I don't think we are getting anything. Just saying. 
    I think they will deliver something but they will keep it extremely simple and things like hero Ai will never be a reality.
    Ok, now you are just being ridiculous. A new PvE mode is coming next month. That is confirmed. It's on the roadmap.

• I really hope you can level up i can't get any heroes and when i do i'm not gud and when i play heroes vs villains well i'm not good either so leveling would help.
    Instant Action Saved The Offline Community!!

FRIENDLY FIRE -> ON/Off in IA
    Ok, now you are just being ridiculous. A new PvE mode is coming next month. That is confirmed. It's on the roadmap.
    Pve is not offline. Well they have not said offline. So if it's not offline it's nothing but another gimmick mode. If the "new" pve is for offline, why can't they say that?  What's hard about saying pve mode will be playable offline? Get ready for the big hurt heart if you think it's going to be offline. 
    Pve is not offline. Well they have not said offline. So if it's not offline it's nothing but another gimmick mode. If the "new" pve is for offline, why can't they say that?  What's hard about saying pve mode will be playable offline? Get ready for the big hurt heart if you think it's going to be offline. 
    Chill out. The communication from the developers has always been spotty. DICE could've just told us that Droidekas were on the way, but they waited until the month it was to be released to actually tell us about them... despite it being a highly anticipated feature. They even outright denied they were working on Droidekas at all.

• If anything, their alluding comments are encouraging, if it really wasn't what we wanted they probably just wouldn't reply at all. I'm taking the vague comments as more of them saying "it's coming but we aren't allowed to say anything yet."
  • How come, this is one of the longest and more used post of the forums , but the are so few Dev responses ?
  • ChadSquadron
    247 posts Member
    edited July 22
    Hopes for august... After all this time, we're so close to get answers and New pve content... 
    May The Force Be With Us 
  • Hopes for august... After all this time, we're so close to get answers and New pve content... 
    May The Force Be With Us 
    My word August approaches, I'm biting my tongue here.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Tvbromold
    4 posts Member
    edited July 24
    I don't think developers are thinking about offline content, because even if they don't make more content available people will continue to buy just because it has the STAR WARS label, so I had stopped buying the products since BF3 and I won't buy anything else related STAR WARS until you hear the word skirmish offline. It's been almost 2 years and the word SKIRMISH has not even appeared in any comments from developers or EA because even if they release a new game they will still have millions buying. They curl up and give us no relevant content, the arcade hasn't changed at all, it's still a CS GO in the space where you have no purpose, becoming boring and nauseating. I wanted to be wrong but with a new game coming I believe it will happen the same as in BATTLEFRONT 1, they will forget about the game and promise more for people to buy.
  • For all you people under the impression that PvE somehow means online, for reasons that elude me completely for two reasons: 
    First, there is not a single PvE mode currently in the game, that requires online, and knowing how strapped they are as far as manpower is concerned why would they open that up and make more work for themselves and second why would a PvE mode be strictly online when pvp is strictly online and they specifically said when they first announced this that they did this with the intention of giving the portion of the community who wanted something other than online pvp, content to play, that makes absolutely no sense at all.

So here, pay attention to the 3:00 mark on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuhT8Ripk7E&t=92s
  • Jesbro
    622 posts Member
    mandalorj said:
    For all you people under the impression that PvE somehow means online, for reasons that elude me completely for two reasons: 
    First, there is not a single PvE mode currently in the game, that requires online, and knowing how strapped they are as far as manpower is concerned why would they open that up and make more work for themselves and second why would a PvE mode be strictly online when pvp is strictly online and they specifically said when they first announced this that they did this with the intention of giving the portion of the community who wanted something other than online pvp, content to play, that makes absolutely no sense at all.

Yea I agree. While I understand why others might think the new modes will be online only I can actually see why that would be a bad idea.

If it needs the servers for All PVE matches than it would be less servers for PVP and create more lag for them overall.

So not only do we not want the PVE modes to be online only it would actually make things worse for everyone else if they did do it that way.

So I think at this point it is still safe to say that the new modes will be playable offline with optional online Co-op.
  • Jesbro said:
    mandalorj said:
    For all you people under the impression that PvE somehow means online, for reasons that elude me completely for two reasons: 

Yea I agree. While I understand why others might think the new modes will be online only I can actually see why that would be a bad idea.

If it needs the servers for All PVE matches than it would be less servers for PVP and create more lag for them overall.

So not only do we not want the PVE modes to be online only it would actually make things worse for everyone else if they did do it that way.

So I think at this point it is still safe to say that the new modes will be playable offline with optional online Co-op.
    Oh, that's a good point, i never thought about... i originally just thought a little part of it will be available offline and another, bigger part will be available online (Conquest, PvE-GA or what else) but of course this is a good Argument you brought up... when i think about more, its a bit unlikely, that DICE gets some new servers for SWBF2 (besides of potential private matches), so this should give those, who can't play online a bit of hope... but in a few days we will know for sure, what we are getting, i mean the first part of "New ways to play" will be delivered around one month from now...
  • Jesbro said:
    mandalorj said:

Sylo's offline content sounds awesome.
  • Jesbro
    622 posts Member
    Agreed.

For those wondering Sylo just posted a new video about it and it's actually kind of good.

• No Arcade/offline questions in the new Community Survey, i don't know if that is a good sign or a bad one...
  • Jesbro
    622 posts Member
    I consider it more of a good sign right now. Maybe it means that they are confident in what is coming. Which means the PVE should be the Large Scale Offline Modes we are hoping for.

Only questions we would ask after that is if ALL of the New Maps will be available with the modes when they are released.
  • You know, the use of term "PvE" may simply refer to the modes not being exclusively offline. Right now, Arcade can only be played in single-player and split-screen, with no option to play coop or versus online as we could in Battlefront 2015. Maybe that's why they're not calling it "offline", and online coop and versus is coming back with the August update?

• I wouldn't interpret too much into the survey. Besides Capital Supremacy there is no single question about any other mode.
  • I think anyone hoping / expecting it to be playable offline is going to be pretty disappointed.  I am okay with it being online only, as long as I can play solo with just bots.  

Dennis said that the ultra AI in CS is only doable online and wouldn't function in Arcade mode, and so "we'll just have to find another way to scratch the PvE itch."  I am pretty sure he meant another way than Arcade mode / offline.

I mean I can only tell you so many times.  Just don't get your hopes up cause otherwise you'll all be raging come August.

Again, just make the most of what they are giving us: multiple ways to play large scale battles solo with bots.  We don't have that now.  That is a massive upgrade!  Yeah, it sucks we can't play it offline, but at least it means the AI we'll get will be much more intelligent than the stuff in Arcade right now.
  • Jesbro
    622 posts Member
    edited July 27
    I think anyone hoping / expecting it to be playable offline is going to be pretty disappointed.  I am okay with it being online only, as long as I can play solo with just bots.  

Dennis said that the ultra AI in CS is only doable online and wouldn't function in Arcade mode, and so "we'll just have to find another way to scratch the PvE itch."  I am pretty sure he meant another way than Arcade mode / offline.

I mean I can only tell you so many times.  Just don't get your hopes up cause otherwise you'll all be raging come August.

Again, just make the most of what they are giving us: multiple ways to play large scale battles solo with bots.  We don't have that now.  That is a massive upgrade!  Yeah, it sucks we can't play it offline, but at least it means the AI we'll get will be much more intelligent than the stuff in Arcade right now.
    And what about when the servers go offline? Unless it solves that problem nothing else will be enough. That is why it needs to be playable offline and they need to get it done by any means necessary.
  • Jesbro said:
    I think anyone hoping / expecting it to be playable offline is going to be pretty disappointed.  I am okay with it being online only, as long as I can play solo with just bots.  

And what about when the servers go offline? Unless it solves that problem nothing else will be enough. That is why it needs to be playable offline and they need to get it done by any means necessary.
    I know, that's going to suck when that happens... but this is better than nothing.  If we just sit and p1$$ and moan about it, that's not going to make them ever want to do whatever they have to do to port it to offline though.  I think our best bet will be to enjoy it and play it when it comes out while politely, patiently and persistently requesting them to bring it to offline -- but the emphasis is on playing it -- cause they will track how many people are even playing it.  If no one is playing it, we'll never get it offline.  I guarantee you that.