criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• I was 99% sure it was going to be online only, and it might still be, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little convinced there's going to be some offline component in light of Ben's comments this past week.
  • @LoneShooter72 easy, let's not draw the ire of the mods, let's keep it cool so this thread can stay open. Your previous comment was borderline rude because of how you dismissed that person by saying with certainty "It's not offline." we don't know that. Not to mention that unfounded rumor that you never provided a source for talking about "problems" with the mode. I understand your frustration and it's doubled b/c you are fighting for your son but that's no reason to lose your cool to the point where you actively get negative with people, I'm just saying we can't speculate strictly speaking one way or another and from the little tidbits we've gotten, it seems like there may be elements of both but we'll know soon.
  • I can understand why there has been a lot of worry about it being online only PvE, but now I've realised that it is going to be offline, like others have said Online only PvE makes no sense:

1. Dice have upgraded the offline arcade AI so that they fight much better than the Online CS AI
    2. Before the June announcement, Dennis said he highly recommended an Arcade fan would stick arround for the new roadmap
    3. Ben has finally started to respond positively to comments about offline content

Holding our cards close to our chest is always a good move. But we should stay excited for the news because for once it seems as though we are getting the update we've waited so long for.

I agree with what you are saying 100% It makes sense for it to be offline, but this is DICE. Hard to believe what we've been fighting for for almost 2 years is so close to being here.

1. I can't see them upgrading arcade AI if there were no future plans for that AI
    2. Let's hope that Dennis does not lump in arcade fans with PVE fans since the news modes may require online connections.
    3. Ben has been positive, but still very vague.
  • mandalorj wrote: »
    @LoneShooter72 easy, let's not draw the ire of the mods, let's keep it cool so this thread can stay open. Your previous comment was borderline rude because of how you dismissed that person by saying with certainty "It's not offline." we don't know that. Not to mention that unfounded rumor that you never provided a source for talking about "problems" with the mode. I understand your frustration and it's doubled b/c you are fighting for your son but that's no reason to lose your cool to the point where you actively get negative with people, I'm just saying we can't speculate strictly speaking one way or another and from the little tidbits we've gotten, it seems like there may be elements of both but we'll know soon.

1st. Sorry all did not mean to seem rude to anyone.

2nd. Even though I would like to give my rumor source it after all is a rumor.

3rd. I would love to see it being offline but we have no indication it is. When we did get stuff they had no problem saying yeah the new map will be offline.

4th. When has this game never had issues with programming, fixes without breaking something else?

I know I seem really negative, but I want GA and CS offline. No internet what so ever. And by the Devs not saying anything just put doubt in my mind. And for two years hundreds have asked begged plead pray screamed for large scale offline and they won't even say yes or no. 9/10 times that means no it will need internet. Look at other games when asked about offline multi-player bots. They wont address it until you've bought it then they say we had no intention of making this offline. Those who do are the first to say so without anyone asking. So that leaves the answer that you can play solo but with the internet slaved to it.

But! If I expect internet requirement and it is fully playable offline then I will be extra happy. But after this game I found out if I put my goals 6 feet under the dirt most likely they will tell me to dig another 36 yards.

But I am sorry to anyone that thought I was being mean. I just don't have high hopes anymore and feel betrayed by this game month after month.
  • Starmasui73146
    1269 posts Member
    edited August 17
    I would love to see it being offline but we have no indication it is.

I hear you. Things are not always as they appear. Take for example the 2015 game.
    Okay so this was the deal, so the devs gave us "Skirmish: Walker Assault" right but they did NOT allow for all Star Cards to be accessed. Now to be fair they do give us the Multiplayer Hand option that we can pick our own hand load out. Yeah but there is one tiny catch...you can't alter it with the modem off. Do you realize what that means? It means that more then half those Star Cards will NOT be usable when the system dies.

Any way to give you a better understand of exactly what transpired here is my post from way back in 2017.
    These thirteen Star Cards are NOT available Offline if you shut off the modem in "Skirmish Walker Assault" of the twenty four Star Cards available when Online.
    Why can’t we get such Star Cards as:
    (1.) Trip Mine
    (2.) Scatter Gun
    (3.) Cycler Rifle
    (4.) Explosive Shot
    (5.) Bacta Bomb
    (6.) Stinger
    (7.) Medical Droid
    (8.) Flash Grenade
    (9.) Smoke Grenade
    (10.) Homing Shot
    (11.) Scout Pistol
    (12.) Ion Grenade
    (13.) Bow Caster

Now to be fair you devs did give us the Multiplayer Hand :) option that we can pick our own load out hand. It was very kind of you but here is the catch, it only can be done with an Online link. If the modem is turned off the feature of altering your multiplayer hand is NOT there. This means once X-Box One or PS4 loses support the Scatter Gun, Bacta Bomb, Cycler Rifle, Homing Shot, Trip Mine, Medical Droid, etc will NOT be able to be used...EVER again, EVER, lost forever in time.

If you cant offer them as additional Star Card choices...at the very least let us be able to modify our Multiplayer Hand Offline, which we currently can NOT if our modem is not turned on. It tells us an internet connection is required.

Okay DICE, here let me give you an analogy. Let’s say your parents bought you a wonderful, precious toy. You loved that toy soooooooo much, you played with it for years and your favorite part of that toy was that you could ask it to play any song you wanted.. But then years latter you discover that that feature was only because you had internet access. And now the toy is no longer supported, forever...and there is nothing you can do about it. You would be crushed. It was something you treasured dearly.

Well that in essence is exactly what your doing. Please let us have the ability to modify Star Cards Offline (with the modem off) or at the very least create for us more pre-set Star Card load outs that will make use of the final thirteen un-accessible Star Cards Offline. Otherwise, those weapons and such are lost in time.

What is offered as Star Cards completely Offline (with modem off)?

Star Cards on Tatooine
    as Rebels:

ANNIHILATOR
    Jet Pack
    Personal Shield
    Ion Torpedo
    ——————————
    SURVIVOR
    Jump Pack
    Scan Pulse ‘Sniper Rifle’
    Thermal Detonator Grenade

What is offered as Star Card hands on Tatooine
    as Imperials:
    ——————————
    RAIDER
    Jump Pack
    Ion Shot
    Barrage (Multi Grenade Launcher)
    ———————————
    ELITE
    Jump Pack
    Focus Fire
    Pulse Cannon ‘Sniper Rifle’
    —�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—

(2.) Star Cards on Hoth Outpost Beta as Rebels:

ANNIHILATOR
    Jet Pack
    Personal Shield
    Ion Torpedo
    ————————————
    SURVIVOR
    Jump Pack
    Scan Pulse
    ————————————
    What is offered as Star Card hands on Hoth Outpost Beta as Imperials:

RAIDER
    Jump Pack
    Ion Shot
    —————————————
    ELITE
    Jump Pack
    Focus Fire

—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�

(3.) Star Cards on Survivors of Endor as Rebels:

ANNIHILATOR
    Jet Pack
    Personal Shield
    Ion Torpedo
    ——————————-
    DEMOLITIONS
    Personal Shield
    ——————————-
    What is offered as Star Card hands on Survivors of Endor as Imperials:

DEMOLITIONS
    Personal Shield
    ——————————-
    Stalker
    Impact Grenade
    Scan Pulse
    Jump Pack

—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—

(4.) Star Cards on Sorosuub Centroplex on Sullust as Rebels:

ANNIHILATOR
    Jet Pack
    Personal Shield
    Ion Torpedo
    ——————————-
    SURVIVOR
    Jump Pack
    Scan Pulse
    ———————————
    What is offered as Star Card hands on Sorosuub Centroplex on Sullust as Imperials:

RAIDER
    Jump Pack
    Ion Shot
    ———————————
    ELITE
    Jump Pack
    Focus Fire

—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�

(5.) Star Cards on Twilight on Hoth for the Rebels:

ANNIHILATOR
    Jet Pack
    Personal Shield
    Ion Torpedo
    ———————————
    SURVIVOR
    Jump Pack
    Scan Pulse
    ———————————-

Star Cards on Twilight on Hoth for the Imperials:

RAIDER
    Jump Pack
    Ion Shot
    ———————————-
    ELITE
    Jump Pack
    Focus Fire

—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�-

Star Cards on Forest Moon of Endor for the Rebels:

ANNIHILATOR
    Jet Pack
    Personal Shield
    Ion Torpedo
    ———————————
    DEMOLITIONS
    Personal Shield
    ———————————
    Star Cards on Forest Moon of Endor for the Imperials:

DEMOLITIONS
    Personal Shield
    ———————————
    Stalker
    Impact Grenade
    Scan Pulse
    Jump Pack

—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�-

Star Cards on Graveyard of Giants for the Rebels:

ANNIHILATOR
    Jet Pack
    Personal Shield
    Ion Torpedo
    ———————————-
    SURVIVOR
    Jump Pack
    Scan Pulse
    ————————————
    Star Cards on Graveyard of Giants for the Imperials:

RAIDER
    Jump Pack
    Ion Shot
    ————————————-
    ELITE
    Jump Pack
    Focus Fire

—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�-

Total Star Cards Offered 11:

(1.) Jump Pack
    (2.) Ion Shot
    (3.) Barrage (Multi Grenade Launcher)
    (4.) Focus Fire
    (5.) Pulse Cannon ‘Sniper Rifle’
    (6.) Thermal Detonator Grenade
    (7.) Personal Shield
    (8.) Ion Torpedo
    (9.) Impact Grenade
    (10.) Scan Pulse
    (11.) Barrage (Multi Grenade Launcher)
    ———————————————————————————

Total Star Cards NOT Offered Offline with Modem Off? 13

(1.) Trip Mine
    (2.) Scatter Gun
    (3.) Rifle
    (4.) Explosive Shot
    (5.) Bacta Bomb
    (6.) Stinger
    (7.) Medical Droid
    (8.) Flash Grenade
    (9.) Smoke Grenade
    (10.) Homing Shot
    (11.) Scout Pistol
    (12.) Ion Grenade
    (13.) Bow Caster

Thanks for the consideration.

Sooooooooo as you can see, even if they give us the mode be careful to make sure that it is totally functional entirely with the modem off.

That said though, to the devs credit, this current Star Wars Battlefront 2 game ALL Star Cards and characters are accessible totally Offline with the modem off, I tested it.😇👍🏼 Kudos to the devs on that one.

So at least we will not get a repeat of that exact thing. I am just worried it will be something else within the featured Offline mode, but we shall see.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • so, still not worth reinstalling yet?

:(

why do they hate PvE so much???
    Proud EX-Member of MordorHQ (RIP) A.K.A EA UK Forums (RIP)
    creator of the All-In-One Cinematic PostFX Off Mod @ Nexusmods
    "for a true immersive experience, dl it today!"
  • mandalorj wrote: »
    @LoneShooter72 easy, let's not draw the ire of the mods, let's keep it cool so this thread can stay open. Your previous comment was borderline rude because of how you dismissed that person by saying with certainty "It's not offline." we don't know that. Not to mention that unfounded rumor that you never provided a source for talking about "problems" with the mode. I understand your frustration and it's doubled b/c you are fighting for your son but that's no reason to lose your cool to the point where you actively get negative with people, I'm just saying we can't speculate strictly speaking one way or another and from the little tidbits we've gotten, it seems like there may be elements of both but we'll know soon.

1st. Sorry all did not mean to seem rude to anyone.

2nd. Even though I would like to give my rumor source it after all is a rumor.

3rd. I would love to see it being offline but we have no indication it is. When we did get stuff they had no problem saying yeah the new map will be offline.

4th. When has this game never had issues with programming, fixes without breaking something else?

I know I seem really negative, but I want GA and CS offline. No internet what so ever. And by the Devs not saying anything just put doubt in my mind. And for two years hundreds have asked begged plead pray screamed for large scale offline and they won't even say yes or no. 9/10 times that means no it will need internet. Look at other games when asked about offline multi-player bots. They wont address it until you've bought it then they say we had no intention of making this offline. Those who do are the first to say so without anyone asking. So that leaves the answer that you can play solo but with the internet slaved to it.

But! If I expect internet requirement and it is fully playable offline then I will be extra happy. But after this game I found out if I put my goals 6 feet under the dirt most likely they will tell me to dig another 36 yards.

But I am sorry to anyone that thought I was being mean. I just don't have high hopes anymore and feel betrayed by this game month after month.

Finally someone who understands that they think of profit as any other company, and this is not illegal, on the contrary, it is normal. I always said this was going to happen after the first year when they announced Arcade mode instead of Skirmish mode. I said they were going to add content online and they wouldn't make modes available until they announced another game and apologized as it was in 2017. I really want large-scale modes but the company itself doesn't make me believe it's possible or believable.
  • When you refer to PvE mode 'online' do you mean it's just multiplayer, or just like BF1's Skirmish, which would need internet to start the mode?
  • When you refer to PvE mode 'online' do you mean it's just multiplayer, or just like BF1's Skirmish, which would need internet to start the mode?

I think you can play skirmish even without any internet at all.
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • Courtney9089
    100 posts Member
    edited August 17
    When you refer to PvE mode 'online' do you mean it's just multiplayer, or just like BF1's Skirmish, which would need internet to start the mode?

Yep are correct you can play skirmish offline (had no internet for awhile) you just can't use the DLC heroes without the DLC installed.

Yep are correct you can play skirmish offline (had no internet for awhile) you just can't use the DLC heroes without the DLC installed.

Thought so, luckily I've got all of them installed. Thanks for the info!
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • But no dlc maps playable... Sadly

The one thing I missed about the 2015 game is character creation is not available offline. And all the blast maps from the base game is not offline. That game had the best blast maps of all time.
  • Of course the “offline” mode will require a connection to EA servers - that IS their business model - if your not connected to the server, you can’t buy micro transactions,

Yeah, I rallied for them to add that to the SWBF 2015 "Skirmish: Walker Assault" game mode but it fell on def ears. Then I rallied with others for them to paste the DLC maps from the 2015 game to the 2017 SWBF 2 game and they gave us 1 map (Bespin, Administrative Palace). Which is my favorite map now for "Arcade: Team Battle."
    The one thing I missed about the 2015 game is 'character creation' is not available Offline. And all the "Blast" maps from the base game is not Offline. That game had the best "Blast" maps of all time.

Agreed. So many good maps lost in time.

Well here's a video that discusses the PvE mode and other tweets from devs past and present:
    “There is always hope.”
  • Ben has said that he will be giving a specific answer in the CT to the Online/Offline PvE question:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/crrae3/say_sike_right_now/exa61pe/?context=3

These are the last few days. Looking forward to all the new content!!
  • If the new PVE mode is offline, what will be the first large scale map you will try out (assuming you have never played online)?

Mine will be Crait followed by Kashyyk.
  • Naboo, hands down. Followed by Hoth a close second.
  • Hoth, Crait and Kashyyk for the beginning...
  • Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    If the new PVE mode is offline, what will be the first large scale map you will try out (assuming you have never played online)?

Mine will be Crait followed by Kashyyk.

I'm going straight to Naboo so I can have some fun playing as the N-1 Starfighter. Then maybe Geonosis so I can have some fun with the AT-TE, if it's in the new PvE modes. Basically just gonna run through all the vehicles that you only get to play as once in a blue moon in online multiplayer; that's the best part about single-player. You can choose to play whatever map you want, anytime you want, and you don't have to share.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Hoth, endor, kamino, Crait, naboo.

That's my order for day one. Both sides. Normal difficulty. 999 reinforcement bot count. All classes available from the start. Playing luke on Hoth.
  • Hoth, Crait, Jakku, Endor, Takodana

Even during the time I did play online I still have not been able to play the new Hoth map in Galactic Assault once.
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    Hoth, Crait, Jakku, Endor, Takodana

Even during the time I did play online I still have not been able to play the new Hoth map in Galactic Assault once.

Wow. Not once? I have yet to play Vader in GA. And hardly ever get to play him in hvv.
  • Uh... guys? Dennis just Tweeted out #SoloPlayersMatter

The next three days are going to drag on forever...

• Jesbro
    622 posts Member
    Uh... guys? Dennis just Tweeted out #SoloPlayersMatter

Looked at the tweet myself just to be sure and when I saw it I had flashbacks to that dream where we got the Large Scale modes with all of the AI we wanted.

Will be interesting to see what we actually get but so far this is a really good sign.

All Maps from All 3 Eras?
    20 vs 20 or hopefully more?
    Vehicles and Vehicle AI?
    Reinforcements AI?
    Hero AI?
    Starfighter Assault Objectives with 20 vs 20 or more?

That is my wishlist and I hope we get all of it but we shall see.
    Uh... guys? Dennis just Tweeted out #SoloPlayersMatter

Looked at the tweet myself just to be sure and when I saw it I had flashbacks to that dream where we got the Large Scale modes with all of the AI we wanted.

Will be interesting to see what we actually get but so far this is a really good sign.

All Maps from All 3 Eras?
    20 vs 20 or hopefully more?
    Vehicles and Vehicle AI?
    Reinforcements AI?
    Hero AI?
    Starfighter Assault Objectives with 20 vs 20 or more?

That is my wishlist and I hope we get all of it but we shall see.

I think we can expect almost all of the maps that are currently in Galactic Assault, though like I talked about in a previous post, they may choose to cut a few maps if their focus is to deliver a large-scale mode with vehicles; that means maps like Death Star II, Jakku, and Kamino could be left out.

20 vs 20? Most definitely. That's been our number one request from the start. If we're lucky, we may just get 32v32.

Vehicles and Vehicle AI should be pretty much guaranteed. Vehicle AI already exists in the campaign for the AT-ST, I can't imagine it would too difficult for them to make AI for the AT-RT, TX-130, AAT, as well as all of the Speeders. Not to mention Vehicle Ai is essential for large-scale battles.

Reinforcement AI seems likely too since it would be more or less the same as Trooper AI, and already exists for both the Imperial Rocket Trooper and the First Order Flametrooper. Though we probably won't see AI for the Droideka, given how it operates very differently from every other unit in the game.

If we do get Hero AI, then I would expect it to be simple; with all of the Heroes being able to Attack & Block with lightsabers, and blaster heroes pretty much using the same AI as Troopers... with Boba Fett using the same AI as the aforementioned Rocket Trooper. That would be fine; it's better than nothing... and AI Heroes in the original Battlefront games were pretty much the same.

As for Starfighter Assault, I will be very surprised if it's not one of the two game modes coming. It already has AI capable of playing the objective, and so far the only real problem with Starfighter AI is that it's far too passive towards the player in Arcade. Something I'm pretty sure they can fix by just dialing it up a bit.

• Starmasui73146
    1269 posts Member
    edited August 21
    csdus9on2j1s.png

New Dennis tweet!

Gamescom
    Where: Koelnmesse, Cologne, Germany
    Opening Night LIVE is August 19
    1.) Nintendo Indie World Showcase 6 A.M. PST/9 A.M. ET
    2.) Inside X-Box 8 A.M. PST/11 A.M. ET
    3.) Google Stadia Connection 10 A.M. PST/1 P.M. ET
    4.) Gamescom Opening Night LIVE 11 A.M. PST/2 P.M. ET
    Games confirmed to be presented on opening night:
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
    Death Standing
    Destiny 2: Shadowkeep
    Gears of War 5
    Need for Speed: Heat (EA)
    Predator: Hunting Grounds

Dates of Main Gamescom Presentations on: Tue, Aug 20, 2019 – Sat, Aug 24, 2019

Developers and publishers collaborating:
    Activision
    Bandai Namco
    Capcom
    Deep Silver
    EA (Electronic Arts) - confirmed games presented: Star Wars Battlefront 2 Offline "Instant Action", also co-op PvE,...Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville and Need for Speed: Heat.
    Epic Games
    Google
    Microsoft
    Private Division
    Sega
    Square Enix
    Sony
    THQ Nordic
    2K Games
    Ubisoft
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Jesbro
    622 posts Member
    edited August 19
    My guess is still Wednesday since it is exactly a week before the update but it could really be anywhere between Tuesday and Saturday.

Also for those that didn't know Infinity Ward did 100% confirm that the 20 vs 20 modes will be playable in the Modern Warfare Custom Games with bots through LAN (aka Offline). Still no info on the larger 50 vs 50 mode though.
  • MajorChief_IX
    183 posts Member
    edited August 19
    This is all getting really exciting!! I'd 100% jump into Kashyyyk first because it is my favourite map in this game, we also know it will be part of the modes because it was at the end of the Droideka community update video!

So close now!!

Side thought: what if the mode comes with a brand new map to try out? Like how CS, Extraction and Ewok hunt all launched with new maps. Again, I'm 100000000% happy with getting all of the multiplayer maps only, but it would be interesting to get a map be Offline exclusive for a change

Although that is just a silly possibility and probably won't happen. I can hardly wait for the CT!!
    My guess is still Wednesday since it is exactly a week before the update but it could really be anywhere between Tuesday and Saturday.

Also for those that didn't know Infinity Ward did 100% confirm that the 20 vs 20 modes will be playable in the Modern Warfare Custom Games with bots through LAN (aka Offline). Still no info on the larger 50 vs 50 mode though.

That's awesome! I haven't really been following the new Call of Duty Modern Warfare, but do the 20 vs 20 modes have ground vehicles? I know the 50 vs 50 ones do... and is the game class based?
  • I'm very excited but hoping the X1 aim drift doesn't poke its ugly head too much in this new mode as has been so bad and constant in arcade recently that I don't play anymore; aim literally drags away from characters. Also hoping that whole AI teams will spawn, as in BF15 Skirmish often half the team would be absent at any time.
  • I don't want to be Debbie Downer........ So I won't.

His tweet got me hyper than a mutha foe!

Think about it.... Two game modes... CS and GA!!! Offline with everything and all maps! Come down LoneShooter72 come down settle down.

Screw that! I'm hyped people! My hopes are freaken up there dude!
  • My guess the ct will drop between tomorrow and wednesday.
    Instant Action - Thank you Dice!

Think about it.... Two game modes... CS and GA!!! Offline with everything and all maps! Come down LoneShooter72 come down settle down.

Remember everyone: Dennis said in his interview with BattlefrontUpdates that the PvE modes will NOT be based on modes already in the game.

I take this to mean that we won't be getting straight-up ports of the multiplayer modes, but something slightly modified or totally different.

I'm excited too, but go in with an informed mind 👍

I think we pretty much all want the same thing; large, objective-based mode with the classic combined-arms design (Infantry, Reinforcements, Heroes, Vehicles) available offline. Preferably just capturing command posts. That would also qualify as something different.

Im guessing Wednesday too.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

Remember everyone: Dennis said in his interview with BattlefrontUpdates that the PvE modes will NOT be based on modes already in the game.

I take this to mean that we won't be getting straight-up ports of the multiplayer modes, but something slightly modified or totally different.

I think we pretty much all want the same thing; large, objective-based mode with the classic combined-arms design (Infantry, Reinforcements, Heroes, Vehicles) available offline. Preferably just capturing command posts. That would also qualify as something different.

I'm guessing Thursday Friday because they most likely be tired from flying. Eating talking and other things. So I'm guessing the latest of days. I mean when I used to go out of down for work. Work is at the last possible moment. We took in sites first and got to know the people and area first. specially in a different country. And Germany was totally awesome back in the early 90s! You have to spend at least 2 days checking out castles and churches. Eder Oberstien Castle is freaken awesome!
  • slarlac249
    168 posts Member
    edited August 19
    I don't want to be Debbie Downer........ So I won't.

There goes my interest...

They could've saved time and just did offline mp from the start but no, it's always got to be some mode that doesn't play like mp modes, god forbid we all started playing offline..ffs

blah blah we are listening...right sureeeee
    Proud EX-Member of MordorHQ (RIP) A.K.A EA UK Forums (RIP)
    creator of the All-In-One Cinematic PostFX Off Mod @ Nexusmods
    "for a true immersive experience, dl it today!"
  • Correction I think it's Eber Oberstien Castle. It's been a few decades since I was there.
    slarlac249 wrote: »

They could've saved time and just did offline mp from the start but no, it's always got to be some mode that doesn't play like mp modes, god forbid we all started playing offline..ffs

Well, back in February 2018 Dennis stated, that they had problems with the AI shooting with Ion Disruptors on MTTs and ATATs, so i think they definetely tried to make GA work, but they failed. Perhaps they modified GA, so it works a bit more like Walker Assault in SWBF2015 with Uplinks and Y-Wings. CS is probably going to come without the ship phase (what would be very welcomed so GA and CS feel very different to play).

Of course all of this is my opinion and nothing official and it could be only the case if one of the modes is coming as a PvE mode.
    slarlac249 wrote: »

Well, back in February 2018 Dennis stated, that they had problems with the AI shooting with Ion Disruptors on MTTs and ATATs, so i think they definetely tried to make GA work, but they failed. Perhaps they modified GA, so it works a bit more like Walker Assault in SWBF2015 with Uplinks and Y-Wings. CS is probably going to come without the ship phase (what would be very welcomed so GA and CS feel very different to play).

Of course all of this is my opinion and nothing official and it could be only the case if one of the modes is coming as a PvE mode.

I like your ideal, but they did say they was thinking of adding some bots to the second phase of CS. So I think if so then that could be in it too. But who knows. What you said makes perfect sense IMO.

And I hope that's what it is. And I hope every skin we have unlocked/bought will be randomized for our bots for offline. If that's what we do get. Because at the end of that one video the clones did have different skins. That would be awesome.

And....jf what you said happens this to me would be hands down the best battlefront game ever.
    My list goes like this right now.

2005 battlefront 2
    2015 battlefront
    2004 battlefront rogue squadron
    2005 battlefront elite squadron
    2017 battlefront 2
    2004 battlefront

Note: rogue and elite is hardly played because my eye sight is not what it was anymore and I can't see it very well on the old PSP.

Also 2004 is behind 2017 because the option of playing a hero is not available. Which is the only reason it's behind.

2015 is second only because it's only have one era and the lack of ability to customize your character and not available to play with every map and dlc.

With the latest update 2005 battlefront adding the dlc maps and graphic update it is still king of battlefronts, this could change once we hear what the pve update for the 2017 game.
  • My prediction:
    The both two new modes will be only clone wars.
    The first mode is a ground phase of capital supremacy, but all heroes from all eras and starfighters are unlocked. Maybe LAAT or AT-TE are available on some maps.
    The second one will be similar to original battlefront space battles. There are already in the game ships models and interiors. This capital ships can be attacked from the outside and the inside by destroying several vital points. Example of outside attack is battle of Kamino, where you need to destroy engines and bridges, inside – the second phase of capital supremacy. There are two different ways how it will work, all starfighters are located in hangar or you don’t need battle points to select them in menu.
  • This topic waiting for gamescom announcements !

Patience...
    I'm hyped !
    Patience...
    I'm hyped !
    Patience...

PS: I'm hyped !
  • slarlac249 wrote: »

Don't be so quick to write it off yet either. Could still be a mode that plays like classic Instant Action for all we know.

Let's examine the confirmed facts:

It's been described as large-scale and "epic battles" on the official site.

It at least features the large Kashyyyk map,
    Clone Wars era with either lots of players or bots that use a variety of skins (check the PvE hint at the end of the previous Community video)

It's PvE.

There are at least two modes to be revealed. Confirmed by Ben.

Ben has also chosen to respond to a couple of comments requesting hero AI too, with suggestive, winking emojis.

They (Dennis and another DICE Dev) have specifically referred to our #SoloPlayersMatter group several times now when alluding to the mode(s).

Like I said, don't assume it'll be exactly what we want, but these are all good signs here people, don't write it off yet either.

I'm excited, for what it's worth 👍 things have never looked so promising.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• Jesbro
    622 posts Member
    My prediction:
    The both two new modes will be only clone wars.
    The first mode is a ground phase of capital supremacy, but all heroes from all eras and starfighters are unlocked. Maybe LAAT or AT-TE are available on some maps.
    The second one will be similar to original battlefront space battles. There are already in the game ships models and interiors. This capital ships can be attacked from the outside and the inside by destroying several vital points. Example of outside attack is battle of Kamino, where you need to destroy engines and bridges, inside – the second phase of capital supremacy. There are two different ways how it will work, all starfighters are located in hangar or you don’t need battle points to select them in menu.

Im sorry but clone wars only Will Never Be Good Enough!

This would only work for me with ALL MAPS from ALL 3 ERAS !!!
  • slarlac249 wrote: »

Don't be so quick to write it off yet either. Could still be a mode that plays like classic Instant Action for all we know.

Let's examine the confirmed facts:

It's been described as large-scale and "epic battles" on the official site.

It at least features the large Kashyyyk map,
    Clone Wars era with either lots of players or bots that use a variety of skins (check the PvE hint at the end of the previous Community video)

It's PvE.

There are at least two modes to be revealed. Confirmed by Ben.

Ben has also chosen to respond to a couple of comments requesting hero AI too, with suggestive, winking emojis.

They (Dennis and another DICE Dev) have specifically referred to our #SoloPlayersMatter group several times now when alluding to the mode(s).

Like I said, don't assume it'll be exactly what we want, but these are all good signs here people, don't write it off yet either.

I'm excited, for what it's worth 👍 things have never looked so promising.

These are very exciting times! I'm pumped for this announcement!!
  • What I Hope Is That It's Galactic Assault with Hero AI (and Reinforcements), But Leveling Up Would Helpp
    Instant Action Saved The Offline Community!!

FRIENDLY FIRE -> ON/Off in IA
  • ov1uad2oajyj.png
    Tomorrow is the day?
    Instant Action - Thank you Dice!
  • What I Hope Is That It's Galactic Assault with Hero AI (and Reinforcements), But Leveling Up Would Helpp

I'm putting my money on Starfighter Assault and Conquest. Though it would be awesome if we could get Galactic Assault instead of Conquest; that we are guaranteed the entire Battlefront II sandbox for PvE, including vehicles in the Artillery class like the AT-TE.

• I'm not expecting Galactic Assault, because Dennis specifically stated that it would be too difficult to get the AI to do things like pick up and fire the Ion weapon at the transport.

This was a while ago, granted, but we've heard no more since then about GA, so don't expect it.

Plus, as I said, Dennis stated it's NOT a port of a multiplayer mode. It's not something currently in the game.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers