criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• 20 v 20 on a lot of Arcade maps would feel far too cluttered. Geonosis might be the only exception.

It's just TDM with no vehicles or special classes anyway, so i see it as more of a training ground before multiplayer, especially now we're getting something better in almost every way.👍
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• Not to sound greedy, but I do wish we'd see gunships make their way to IA. don't know how complicated that would be to program but they don't currently feature in this build as far as I can tell, and are not available anywhere else.

The LAAT and UWING (when Age of Rebellion maps are released) would be great additions.
    What I like about INSTANT ACTION is the freedom it brings. For both players and game designers, as well. Both factions don't need to be perfectly balanced so everyone on multiplayer has an equal chance... It's offline. Throw those rules out the window. Give the player "unfair" advantages. Tie the players' hand behind his back and make him fight harder. It's all fair game.

Adding the GUNSHIPS to IA would be greatly appreciated.
  • I am very happy for the addition of Instant Action, the really subverted my expectations (which were underground). I think now we should wait for September 25 and see what they bring us. We still haven't seen any IA vehicle gameplay, so we don't know for sure how will it look.
    Maybe 20 vs 20 is enough, or maybe not, we should wait before asking for more things to be added.
    See it this way: if you had to chose between 20 vs 20 (with reinforcements, vehicles, and heroes) or 32 vs 32 (with only reinforcements) what would you pick? Don't need to answer, I am just trying to say that we should be really happy and stop asking for more before the mode comes.
  • MajorChief_IX
    184 posts Member
    edited August 25
    Jesbro wrote: »
    Can I post this on Reddit like I did with your last wall of text?
    Scoundrel wrote: »
    Go for it brother!

The more visibility we can get for this, the better.

I was considering doing this already, but you guys have inspired me by posting Scoundrel's. On Reddit I've put up a small suggestion about a customisation option for Instant Action. It would be cool if you could all take a look:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/cv7p5d/a_small_idea_for_customization_of_the_new_instant/?
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    Can I post this on Reddit like I did with your last wall of text?
    Go for it brother!

The more visibility we can get for this, the better.

I was considering doing this already, but you guys have inspired me by posting Scoundrel's. On Reddit I've put up a small suggestion about a customisation option for Instant Action. It would be cool if you could all take a look:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/cv7p5d/a_small_idea_for_customization_of_the_new_instant/?

Most definitely... We can't stop now. We've been given the mode we wanted, now we need to keep pushing to make the mode the best we can. I'll check it out...
  • Should we create a new Master Thread for INSTANT ACTION and CO-OP? There's a ton of visibility on the Skirmish thread, but maybe we'd get more attention fro the community and devs on a new thread?

Thoughts?
  • Scoundrel wrote: »
    Should we create a new Master Thread for INSTANT ACTION and CO-OP? There's a ton of visibility on the Skirmish thread, but maybe we'd get more attention fro the community and devs on a new thread?

Thoughts?

Was thinking the same, but this topic is legendary.
    Instant Action - Thank you Dice!
    Should we create a new Master Thread for INSTANT ACTION and CO-OP? There's a ton of visibility on the Skirmish thread, but maybe we'd get more attention fro the community and devs on a new thread?

Thoughts?

Is there any possibility to change this threads name? It would be a shame to give up this (historical) one...
  • Anyone heard if we will be getting friendly AI heroes in IA as well as enemy?
  • Scoundrel
    317 posts Member
    edited August 25

Thoughts?

Is there any possibility to change this threads name? It would be a shame to give up this (historical) one...

Good idea... It's up to the OP then I guess. OP or Mods are the only ones who can change the Header. Maybe a simple change to INSTANT ACTION / CO-OP / PVE (Skirmish/Offline Content).

No need to complicate things. Just want one master thread to put all of our feedback on the direction of INSTANT ACTION / CO-OP / PVE and the future of the mode.

@Gothic_Mando ??? What do you say?
  • DogVan wrote: »
    Anyone heard if we will be getting friendly AI heroes in IA as well as enemy?

That has been confirmed, yes. Not yet seen in action, but we have seen multiple ENEMY AI HEROES, and have been assured of multiple AI heroes as well.

...but We're not sure what the parameters are (I.e. # of heroes, etc). That's something we're trying to clarify and/or influence change.
    DogVan wrote: »

That has been confirmed, yes. Not yet seen in action, but we have seen multiple ENEMY AI HEROES, and have been assured of multiple AI heroes as well.

...but We're not sure what the parameters are (I.e. # of heroes, etc). That's something we're trying to clarify and/or influence change.

Nice one thanks.
    DogVan wrote: »

There was one vid (can’t remember which one) but there was like 3 heroes going against the human in co-op I think?
    Instant Action Saved The Offline Community!!

FRIENDLY FIRE -> ON/Off in IA
  • But Friendly AI multiple heroes? I kinda remember seeing an AI ObiWan alongside human Anakin. But I'd like to know if there will be 2-4 AI HEROES ALONGSIDE THE human hero.
  • andytheavs wrote: »
    does anybody know how much ai is on the battle in IA??
    Apparently it's 20 vs 20 👍 so I've heard from others in SoloPlayers. I think that's definitely enough, they're obviously pushing the boundaries with what they can achieve here in multiple facets, so I'm sure that's the case with AI numbers too. So no, im not going to be asking them for 32 vs 32 as it is in CS. We're very VERY fortunate 👍
    Have to disagree. Arcade should've been bumped up to 20v20 long ago. 10v10 never provided the "epic battles" they love to talk about. So I don't think 20v20 in Instant Action, which will be played on much larger maps, can provide the feeling of "epic battles" either.
    Don't get me wrong, even at 20v20 it's still going to be awesome to play on the larger maps with command posts to capture, vehicles, heroes, reinforcements, and so on. I just can't wait to see what kind of game setup options they give us. That was always one of the big appealing factors of the old Instant Action. There were so many options that allowed you to customize how a match was played. Team size is a really significant option, so I hope it is afforded the consideration it deserves.

I feel if anyone expects more than 20 v 20, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. For me, it'll be enough, even if it means some parts of the map might feel a bit empty. I'll happily take that!

They're pushing the boundaries as far as they can go here. That's why there's no splitscreen.

I agree, Arcade isn't particularly interesting and I doubt I'll play it ever again apart from maybe to enjoy the cool starfighter mechanics and first person cockpit occasionally.

I would be happy with 20 v 20 in single player and less for split screen. I am still hopeful it will show up post release. If it doesn't, hopefully they will do hero AI / reinforcement AI for Arcade.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Llunots wrote: »
    I am very happy for the addition of Instant Action, the really subverted my expectations (which were underground). I think now we should wait for September 25 and see what they bring us. We still haven't seen any IA vehicle gameplay, so we don't know for sure how will it look.
    Maybe 20 vs 20 is enough, or maybe not, we should wait before asking for more things to be added.
    See it this way: if you had to chose between 20 vs 20 (with reinforcements, vehicles, and heroes) or 32 vs 32 (with only reinforcements) what would you pick? Don't need to answer, I am just trying to say that we should be really happy and stop asking for more before the mode comes.

Less bots and hero AI for me.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • When I play Arcade, I have the enemy AI tuned to double health, extreme difficulty, 75 reinforcements per side and free for all. Aside from doing one hit kills, this is probably the hardest setting. They are pretty lethal, but I still usually end up winning. That's why I believe the AI at Gamescom on the IA /coop maps was tuned to easy. There were times the player would stand in one spot and blaster bolts would miss a lot.

Let's hope the AI for IA gets harder and it's not like shooting fish in a barrel. If I am playing offline instant action, I want the difficulty to be on par with online.
  • I cant wait ,it will be a blast!😜 i mean conquest😉.
  • 20 v 20 on a lot of Arcade maps would feel far too cluttered. Geonosis might be the only exception. It's just TDM with no vehicles or special classes anyway, so i see it as more of a training ground before multiplayer, especially now we're getting something better in almost every way.👍
    For sure, better in every way! Like I said before, I'm excited to see the pre-match customization options. They will be what makes this mode "pretty good and fun for a while" or "totally epic battle fantasy sandbox!" That's why I keep talking about the Team Size option. Perhaps with heroes/vehicles/etc 20v20 will be just right, but does that mean you want it to be the upper bound? I would say no. What if the Difficulty setting were capped at Medium because someone decided that was "just right?" Maybe for you Medium is a good relaxing match that you know you will win. Are you not going to want the option to crank it up to Expert and have a challenging match that you might lose if you aren't engaged? So I think Team Size should have enough range that YOU can define what is overly crowded/broken/chaos, or "just right," or whatever.
    On that note, let's talk about the Difficulty setting. In Arcade, Expert (with all other settings like health at default) is not particularly challenging even if I play as a regular trooper the whole time. Again this is just my own opinion, but for reference I get absolutely destroyed playing GA and CS online. So, I would again argue that the Difficulty setting should also have enough range that you can find that sweet spot for yourself. Maybe sometimes that will mean you want to feel like your playing against the online aim bots, maybe other times you want to feel like an unstoppable machine that smashes through droids standing around like pylons!
  • andytheavs wrote: »
    20 v 20 on a lot of Arcade maps would feel far too cluttered. Geonosis might be the only exception. It's just TDM with no vehicles or special classes anyway, so i see it as more of a training ground before multiplayer, especially now we're getting something better in almost every way.👍
    For sure, better in every way! Like I said before, I'm excited to see the pre-match customization options. They will be what makes this mode "pretty good and fun for a while" or "totally epic battle fantasy sandbox!" That's why I keep talking about the Team Size option. Perhaps with heroes/vehicles/etc 20v20 will be just right, but does that mean you want it to be the upper bound? I would say no. What if the Difficulty setting were capped at Medium because someone decided that was "just right?" Maybe for you Medium is a good relaxing match that you know you will win. Are you not going to want the option to crank it up to Expert and have a challenging match that you might lose if you aren't engaged? So I think Team Size should have enough range that YOU can define what is overly crowded/broken/chaos, or "just right," or whatever.
    On that note, let's talk about the Difficulty setting. In Arcade, Expert (with all other settings like health at default) is not particularly challenging even if I play as a regular trooper the whole time. Again this is just my own opinion, but for reference I get absolutely destroyed playing GA and CS online. So, I would again argue that the Difficulty setting should also have enough range that you can find that sweet spot for yourself. Maybe sometimes that will mean you want to feel like your playing against the online aim bots, maybe other times you want to feel like an unstoppable machine that smashes through droids standing around like pylons!

I agree. Having that option would be great. I've tried some online and there is no comparison between the Arcade AI and real players. If they used this: Easy, medium, hard (what expert is on Arcade) and Expert (being like going online) for difficulty settings, I think most people would be happy. I sure hope we can get Star fighter AI on the Instant action maps, as well as AT-TE, LAAT/U wing (on the maps that us it). I know we will get to play with the TX 130 on Geonosis since it was on one of the Gamescom Instant action videos.
  • Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    When I play Arcade, I have the enemy AI tuned to double health, extreme difficulty, 75 reinforcements per side and free for all. Aside from doing one hit kills, this is probably the hardest setting. They are pretty lethal, but I still usually end up winning.

Add to those settings half health for player, slow ability recharge, 8v10 and play only as a normal trooper with aim assist off if on consoles, and you will have a decent match. You will still easily win as a hero only though. Play as 4v10 if you choose a hero.
    Not to sound greedy, but I do wish we'd see gunships make their way to IA. don't know how complicated that would be to program but they don't currently feature in this build as far as I can tell, and are not available anywhere else.

The LAAT and UWING (when Age of Rebellion maps are released) would be great additions.
    What I like about INSTANT ACTION is the freedom it brings. For both players and game designers, as well. Both factions don't need to be perfectly balanced so everyone on multiplayer has an equal chance... It's offline. Throw those rules out the window. Give the player "unfair" advantages. Tie the players' hand behind his back and make him fight harder. It's all fair game.

Atmospheric? Potentially.

Boring as heck to play? Absolutely.

Don't think it's worth it, personally. I don't need a turret up in the sky.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

Thoughts?

Sounds like a great idea to me!

What would you all like to rename the thread to?^^

Let's take some ideas and votes👍
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Thoughts?

Sounds like a great idea to me!

What would you all like to rename the thread to?^^

Let's take some ideas and votes👍

I mean just a simple INSTANT ACTION/ARCADE and/or OFFLINE instead of ARCADE I wouldn’t put down CO-OP because that is still online with friends against AI
    Instant Action Saved The Offline Community!!

FRIENDLY FIRE -> ON/Off in IA
  • "Refinement/Expansion of Instant Action, Co-Op, and PVE"
  • Or maybe... "Instant Action, Co-Op, and PVE Refinement/Expansion"
  • Instant Action & PVE Refinements/Expansion
    Instant Action & PVE Refinements/Expansion

Yea something similar to this would work as the new thread name.
  • i agree....

While we're chewing on the new thread name I thought I'd lay out some ideas for the Further Expansion of Instant Action, Co-Op, and PVE

Okay first things first, I can't believe it's 2019 and I'm talking about Instant Action in Star Wars battlefront again! The fact that it's once again a reality is just amazing. THANK YOU DICE! I'm eternally grateful.
    I, for one, promise to play the sith out of these PVE modes. I hope you all do too!

The potential I've seen in these brief glimpses of gameplay, combined with the the CT and ROADMAP have thinking about the future of this mode (and offline in general).

Considering how CO-OP seems to take a lot of inspiration from TURNING POINT, and the similarities between INSTANT ACTION and SUPREMACY, I think the table is being set for some excellent content.

But let's start slow...

We're not talking customization here, but that is needed. Hopefully, DICE take our suggestions and expand the options before launch (and continue to modify after launch). That said the addition of STARFIGHTERS to Instant Action (where applicable) is a biggie. Okay, assuming that happens... The first step towards expansion to INSTANT ACTION and CO-OP is to add...

1) ARCADE MAPS and EXISTING MAPS

These are maps currently in-game. So no additional maps need to be designed or created. Some changes need to be made, obviously, but it should be relatively simple to add the following maps to INSTANT ACTION:
    A) JABBAS PALACE
    B) KESSEL
    C) NABOO PALACE HANGAR
    D) BESPIN ADMINISTRATORS PALACE
    E) GEONOSIS (Galactic Assault)

Obviously, three of these might wait until AGE OF REBELLION content comes to CAPITAL SUPREMACY (hence INSTANT ACTION), but NABOO and GEONOSIS are in-era and are ripe for the picking, right now!

GEONOSIS in GA already features five (5) Command post-type positions: the first two objectives, the two power cells, and the final area to hold. That's exactly where your command posts should be placed.

BESPIN ADMINISTRATORS PALACE was designed with SABOTAGE in mind. The objective of SABOTAGE was to Disarm 3 generators, then hold an extraction point. Just turn the generators into command posts and we're ready to go. No vehicles would be added obviously, but it would turn Administrators Palace into a great CQC objective based map again.

KESSEL
    JABBAS PALACE
    NABOO PALACE HANGAR
    Because these three maps are smaller (and two are indoors) starfighters and five command posts won't work... But three(3) will work just fine! I think this is a good compromise, and it seems like it wouldn't be anywhere near as resource-intensive as building maps from scratch, or "porting" maps. These five maps should be the first wave of expanded content for INSTANT ACTION and CO-OP.

2) AGE OF REBELLION MAPS
    Once DICE shifts their focus to different eras we should see the OT maps come to INSTANT ACTION:
    A) MOS EISLEY
    B) ENDOR
    C) HOTH
    D) DEATH STAR
    E) YAVIN

NEW MAP: SCARIF
    I do think this is an inevitability. A revamped SCARIF map with the two ground phases of INFILTRATION would be perfect for IA and CO-OP.

3) AGE OF RESISTANCE MAPS
    Similar to the OT maps, once DICE starts the process, I think we'll see a new map every month or so added to IA and CS.
    A) TAKODANA
    B) STARKILLER BASE
    C) JAKKU
    D) CRAIT

NEW MAP: RISE OF SKYWALKER
    This is an inevitability as well. A large scale TROS planet is in the Roadmap and just makes too much sense to not be included.

4) BATTLEFRONT 2015 MAPS
    I shouldn't have been, but I was surprised at how similar INSTANT ACTION is to what SUPREMACY was (especially with the potential addition of Starfighters). Clearly, we've seen how those maps can work with SUPREMACY, so it's reasonable to think that they would work beautifully in INSTANT ACTION. The infrastructure is already there. Since these ported maps are those 75% full effort maps! I'd expect them to be the last ones added. New content should take precedence, but these maps should still find their way back into the game. As we move deeper into BF2, we could see the following maps added to INSTANT ACTION (and likely CAPITAL SUPREMACY as well, but we're talking OFFLINE HERE!):

OUTPOST BETA (HOTH)
    FOREST MOON OF ENDOR (ENDOR)
    SOROSUUB CENTROPLEX (SULLUST)
    GRAVEYARD OF GIANTS (JAKKU)
    CLOUD CITY (BESPIN)
    CARBON FREEZE CHAMBER (BESPIN)

The first five (5) maps would all be standard 5 COMMAND POST maps.

CARBON FREEZE CHAMBER (BESPIN) - would be a (3) three command post map. The objective of SABOTAGE was to Disarm 3 generators, then hold an extraction point. Just make the generators command posts and we're ready to go. Set it up as a three command post map.

I know it may seem like a pipe dream for BF 2015 content. But there is precedent. Something similar happened with Battlefield 4 (made by DICE) with the "Second Assault DLC"content.

"four fan-favorite Battlefield 3 maps, now reimagined with the power of Frostbite 3."
    — Battlefield 4 Premium: Release calender
    Battlefield 4: Second Assault is the second expansion pack for Battlefield 4, featuring four redesigned variants of popular multiplayer maps from Battlefield 3.

We could definitely see this same type of thing happen... when THE AGE OF REBELLION becomes the focus. Towards the back end. And rightfully so. New maps, new content first. Then, give me the goods.
  • Speaking of the Naboo map, how epic would it be if they connected the palace hanger to the throne room and gave us that entire map in stages that opened up by capturing or losing command posts? Same with Hoth, Endor, Crait, and Starkiller base
  • R2D277 wrote: »
    Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    When I play Arcade, I have the enemy AI tuned to double health, extreme difficulty, 75 reinforcements per side and free for all. Aside from doing one hit kills, this is probably the hardest setting. They are pretty lethal, but I still usually end up winning.

Add to those settings half health for player, slow ability recharge, 8v10 and play only as a normal trooper with aim assist off if on consoles, and you will have a decent match. You will still easily win as a hero only though. Play as 4v10 if you choose a hero.

Good call,

I will try those
  • Do you think we'll get Instant Action for the ST around December when the Episode 9 planet releases?

Crait, Ep. 9 planet, Starkiller Base, Takadona, Jakku - 5 locations

Then, in the spring, they can have an OT season:
    Hoth, Endor, Yavin, Mos Eisley, Death Star 2, Bespin : 6 locations for Instant Action.

Being that the Mandalorian takes place after ROTJ, I'm sure the OT planets will be featured. Not sure how many episodes ( 10? 16?) or the release schedule (Nov. to?), but they can make a OT release for the spring as the first season ends.

This is all speculation since I know no exact dates, but, just the same, I want All locations to come to IA. Kessel and Jabba's Palace could not fit 5 command posts, so they can stay as blast maps in arcade
  • Starmasui73146
    1269 posts Member
    edited August 26
    Do you think we'll get Instant Action for the ST around December when the Episode 9 planet releases?

Hoth, Endor, Yavin, Mos Eisley, Death Star 2, Bespin : 6 locations for Instant Action.

Being that the Mandalorian takes place after ROTJ, I'm sure the OT planets will be featured. Not sure how many episodes ( 10? 16?) or the release schedule (Nov. to?), but they can make a OT release for the spring as the first season ends.

This is all speculation since I know no exact dates, but, just the same, I want All locations to come to IA. Kessel and Jabba's Palace could not fit 5 command posts, so they can stay as blast maps in arcade

On Twitter Ben Walke desired feed back asking, "So, thoughts on Clone Commando, Co-Op and Instant Action so far?

Ben also stated, "Still WIP, tweaks and improvements still happening."

When asked, "Will we get the OT and ST maps for Instant Action and Co-Op?" Ben responded, "We'll see."

So the OT maps ARE coming to Online "Capital Supremacy" but the Offline "Instant Action" and Online "Co-Op" modes apparently are still up in the air for that. It may be due to terrain. Many of them have features that could be harder to program A.I., such as being near cliffs for example. Though I did list solutions for this issue like rails for Heroes and Enforcers, etc to NOT go off ledges when moving, though humans should be allowed to push them off. But I have a feeling it could be actually an issue of simply do they desire to commit to it. I feel if the request is overwhelming it WILL happen. We need the full support of Hollywood actors like John Boyega, his support really rocketed us towards Offline content, there's no doubt of that.

P.S.- I'm not ever forgetting your contribution #SoloPlayersMatter. Thumbs waaaay up.😎👍🏼

DICE's Dennis Brannvall at Gamescom said, "Not a week goes by without us thinking, ‘Imagine if we hadn’t launched with loot boxes the way we did. We would have been (at) a different place (right now), that’s for sure, because we truly believe the game is a worthy sequel to Battlefront 1 and lives up to the legacy of the Battlefront franchise. I think we had to take a step back, the team had to look at itself in the mirror a little bit, pick ourselves up from a really rough Christmas for everyone and then just get back to work. We really needed to take a step back and do some house cleaning...not completely dissimilar to Rainbow Six Siege. They didn’t launch the way they wanted, but now it’s doing well and I think we’re on a similar trajectory."

"There are too many genres of Star Wars games you could make for a big audience of Star Wars fans. We're entertaining one, and it's really good to not be the only Star Wars game in town because of the expectations of entertaining everyone," Dennis iterates.

"We hit rock bottom in terms of player sentiment but now it's climbing every month. We're delivering more content this year than we did in the first year, which is also a sign of a healthy game. The community's happier than it's ever been, especially with the big announcement yesterday," Dennis declared.

Dennis showed us why EA continues to support the sequel (2017) Star Wars Battlefront 2 game, he announced, "Battlefront 1 felt like we were in the sequelised transition phase, in that we knew the end date of Battlefront content before we launched it. We knew it was going to be one year of DLC in a season pass, and then on to Battlefront II. And we treated it that way, like there was a bookend to the experience. So if there were systems in the first game that might not be working, we could prioritise fixing it for the sequel. It wasn't that much fun in the spring of 2018. That wasn't the best time at DICE that's for sure," said Dennis. "Now it's a lot of fun. Now it's always for everyone. The team enjoys working on it a lot more because you feel like you're building up a community. It feels a lot more personal, and it's just a better game. It's more about improving the game rather than always providing value to the customer, which I think is the approach with a season pass. With this one, we challenged ourselves to undertake big overhauls of systems that aren’t doing as well as we (had) hoped because this is it, this is the game we’re going to be working on. That’s when it feels like more incremental...there’s client patches every month, new features added, whereas in Battlefront 1 we were patching it every quarter with a big DLC and it was mostly for paid users anyway. More content is coming to Battlefront 2 this year than the game’s first year, which isn’t common for two-year-old games."

"Even back when we took on the franchise, there were questions around whether we should call the first one Battlefront 3. I'm not necessarily sure that whatever the fan expectations of Battlefront 3 are need to happen with a 3 at the end. I think you can get all the Battlefront fantasies that you want from our games," Dennis Brännvall announced.

"DICE has been on the sequel treadmill for quite a while and I think the industry is changing rapidly. We felt that, and we know that we want to build communities rather than customers. That's been a change in our approach. We want to stick with our games a lot longer, and want our communities to feel well taken care of," Dennis assured us. "It makes no sense to constantly try to stop them (from) playing the game they like and make them play the new game they also should like just because we don't want to work on the old game any more. It's not good for the community, and in this age, if it's not good for the community it's probably not going to be good for business either. That's why we're sticking with it."

"That's our mindset, trying to give you everything -- Instant Action is a good example of that. It's a throwback name to the franchise when it wasn't at EA, and people love that. That's been the key to going forward: respect the past. I'm not sure if we did a good job of that early on, but I think we do a much better job now."🤗

Sooooo there is great hope that continued content will flow well into 2020 as the road map states. EA is in full support.🤗👍🏼
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    Do you think we'll get Instant Action for the ST around December when the Episode 9 planet releases?

Kessel and JABBAS palace should be 3 command post maps.

That would be great and totally possible if they put the effort in. I'd also like somehow to the get the GA version of Geonosis into Instant action, but it looks like we'll have to settle for the CS version. I'm thankful either way.
  • Starmasui73146
    1269 posts Member
    edited August 26

The Kessel map (as it stands) is kinda small comparatively for such a mode ain't it? Yes it is true that by reducing it to three command posts it would work, BUT you sacrifice the vehicles because of lack of space. Maybe they could give us more of the surrounding region (I'm not sure how that would work though because they kind of closed in the zone; maybe a ladder or bridge?).

As for Jabba's Palace if it included a lot of the desert exterior it would work great.

P.S. - I am going to simply marvel 😯 at how they got the A.I. vehicles to traverse the maze that is the plant life and debris of Kashyyyk. Heck even I hit things in my vehicle there, lol. 😂🙄 (laughing at myself and rolling my eyes about my driving skills)
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”

The Kessel map (as it stands) is kinda small comparatively for such a mode ain't it? Yes it is true that by reducing it to three command posts it would work, BUT you sacrifice the vehicles because of lack of space. Maybe they could give us more of the surrounding region (I'm not sure how that would work though because they kind of closed in the zone; maybe a ladder or bridge?).

As for Jabba's Palace if it included a lot of the desert exterior it would work great.

P.S. - I am going to simply marvel 😯 at how they got the A.I. vehicles to traverse the maze that is the plant life and debris of Kashyyyk. Heck even I hit things in my vehicle there, lol. 😂🙄 (laughing at myself and rolling my eyes about my driving skills)

Do you guys not remember how small the maps could be in the original Battlefront games? Maps like the Tantive IV and Death Star were even smaller than Jabba's Palace and Kessel in this game, and those maps still had 5 Command Posts. They did it then, they could do it now.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • New name, thought it's snappier 👍
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• Do you guys not remember how small the maps could be in the original Battlefront games? Maps like the Tantive IV and Death Star were even smaller than Jabba's Palace and Kessel in this game, and those maps still had 5 Command Posts. They did it then, they could do it now.

Your right 🤔 lol, 😂 Tantive IV, Deathstar, Jabba's Palace all had no vehicles due to size, touché. Well remembered sir I forgot, I've been so busy playing this game I started to forget the other version on my X-Box One from 2004 and 2005. Truly indeed it will work out just fine.🤛 (fist pump)
    “There is always hope.”
  • Good choice!

I was thinking that it would be amazing to have Bespin 2015 map back again and added to IA and CO-OP.
    Instant Action - Thank you Dice!
  • I think DICE is giving us the CS maps (a slightely modified version), so i thought, what would make sense to be a CS map?
    Starting with the ST maps, Takodana and Jakku don't need any changes to fit with CS/IA.
    For Starkiller-Base, they could possibly open up the outdoor area and modify it, so it looks like the outdoor area, you can play on in GA.
    Crait is a lot harder to port to CS/IA since it's so open and flat. Perhaps it's possible to set every command post under ground in Phase 1 and create lots of crashed AT-M6s, Tie Fighter, X Wings, Ski Speeder and AT-STs.
    Coming to the OT maps, a Death Star II map is a bad idea for CS in my point of view, because it's some kind of capital ship itself. Perhaps they will make it to be the ship phase, when playing in Endor. Also there isn't enough space to bring in the troop transports to 2 different points in the map and because it's a bad idea for CS, i doubt, it will come to IA.
    Tatooine (Phase 1 and 2) and Yavin (Phase 1 and 2) would work perfect for CS/IA, so these ones should come at some point.
    The same goes for Hoth (Phase 1), but it still needs some tweaks, like crashed AT-ATs and something like that.
    I really dont like the Endor map from GA. I wish they would take the Ewok Hunt map instead, since this is basically "Survivors of Endor" ported to SWBF2 and it would be perfect, with the big ewok village in the trees and those many caves on the other side of the map.

Now the PT and ST would have 5 maps, but the OT just 4 maps. Since the OT has so much content to offer (from 5 movies, none of the others has so many movies), at least one new map is necassary, perhaps 2. These have to be unique ones, so, as mich i'd love to have Vardos or Cloud City in the game, these maps as urban locations would be to similar to Naboo.
    I think, this game definetely needs Scarif as a map. I would be fine, if it's Landing Pad 13, Scarif Jungle and Scarif Beach combined.
    The other map, that comes to my mind is Sullust. It would be completely unique in this game. Perhaps making it from scratch would be the best. I think, there should be included:
    - some areas, that looks like SoroSuub Centroplex, with some lava and lots of crates standing around
    - some areas, like the sulfur fields, that look a bit more barren
    - a hanger
    - the 2015 missions "Overpower" skybox
  • I think they should add fighters and air combat. There would be no strafe runners in this mode so I see no downside for this. Granted it wouldn't serve much purpose objective wise but still would be loads of fun.

For example once a player spawns in a fighter an enemy hero ship spawns as well. It would provide some challenge.
  • I really dont like the Endor map from GA. I wish they would take the Ewok Hunt map instead, since this is basically "Survivors of Endor" ported to SWBF2 and it would be perfect, with the big ewok village in the trees and those many caves on the other side of the map.

In the past I've said that the GA Endor map would not work for Conquest. But recently I've actually taken a different stance, It could actually be a really awesome map! If they replaced it with 2015 Endor maps it would be a waste because they are in Skirmish already. If the GA Endor map isn't added to CS/IA then I'll never be able to explore it again. Here are what the command posts could be:

Imperial Spawn: Research Station (final phase of GA/Strike map)

Rebel Spawn: Opening to forest (Right at the start of GA phase 2) (Phase 1 will always be available in Arcade)

Command post 1: Underneath Ewok Village (When playing as the Rebels, this is on the right)

Command post 2: Cave next to waterfall (Left side of the Rebels spawn)

Command post 3: Cliffs near to the Imperial tower (Across from the waterfall side - overlooking the Imperial base)

Command post 4: Bunker in the woods (On the left side again, there are some small canyons near to a small bunker)

Command post 5: Imperial landing pad (Between the two entrances on the right side)

Add a wrecked AT-AT or two and you've got yourself an awesome Endor conquest map.

This is just my suggestion though, I'm sure DICE will put the command posts wherever they would work best!

Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • I think DICE is giving us the CS maps (a slightely modified version), so i thought, what would make sense to be a CS map?
    Starting with the ST maps, Takodana and Jakku don't need any changes to fit with CS/IA.
    For Starkiller-Base, they could possibly open up the outdoor area and modify it, so it looks like the outdoor area, you can play on in GA.
    Crait is a lot harder to port to CS/IA since it's so open and flat. Perhaps it's possible to set every command post under ground in Phase 1 and create lots of crashed AT-M6s, Tie Fighter, X Wings, Ski Speeder and AT-STs.
    Coming to the OT maps, a Death Star II map is a bad idea for CS in my point of view, because it's some kind of capital ship itself. Perhaps they will make it to be the ship phase, when playing in Endor. Also there isn't enough space to bring in the troop transports to 2 different points in the map and because it's a bad idea for CS, i doubt, it will come to IA.
    Tatooine (Phase 1 and 2) and Yavin (Phase 1 and 2) would work perfect for CS/IA, so these ones should come at some point.
    The same goes for Hoth (Phase 1), but it still needs some tweaks, like crashed AT-ATs and something like that.
    I really dont like the Endor map from GA. I wish they would take the Ewok Hunt map instead, since this is basically "Survivors of Endor" ported to SWBF2 and it would be perfect, with the big ewok village in the trees and those many caves on the other side of the map.

Now the PT and ST would have 5 maps, but the OT just 4 maps. Since the OT has so much content to offer (from 5 movies, none of the others has so many movies), at least one new map is necassary, perhaps 2. These have to be unique ones, so, as mich i'd love to have Vardos or Cloud City in the game, these maps as urban locations would be to similar to Naboo.
    I think, this game definetely needs Scarif as a map. I would be fine, if it's Landing Pad 13, Scarif Jungle and Scarif Beach combined.
    The other map, that comes to my mind is Sullust. It would be completely unique in this game. Perhaps making it from scratch would be the best. I think, there should be included:
    - some areas, that looks like SoroSuub Centroplex, with some lava and lots of crates standing around
    - a hanger

Good analysis.

I think all the sequel maps would work well for CS.

Jakku and Takodana would be fine as is just spread out the command posts reasonably. Crait would indeed need some of the command posts to be placed underground but that is not much of a problem in my book. Starkiller would need some work because there is only one way in to the interior phase, that would be a choke point. However with a slight modification they could connect some of the doors on the left and right of the main entrance to the interior and fix this problem. Or. Like you mentioned expand the outside area. A command post on the very edge (above the place the Tie fighters spawn in) would be epic.
    Plus the new world they confirmed in the CT.

For the OT Tatooine is the best map for CS. Could be the best CS map overall.
    Yavin could work well as it is rather open for the most part.
    Endor is a bit of a mistery. Could work, could be terrible. A large part of the map is where the walker goes from one end to the other. I would rather see Sullust from the original game.
    I don't think Deathstar II would work at all.
    Scariff would be a fine addition as well.
  • I really dont like the Endor map from GA. I wish they would take the Ewok Hunt map instead, since this is basically "Survivors of Endor" ported to SWBF2 and it would be perfect, with the big ewok village in the trees and those many caves on the other side of the map.

In the past I've said that the GA Endor map would not work for Conquest. But recently I've actually taken a different stance, It could actually be a really awesome map! If they replaced it with 2015 Endor maps it would be a waste because they are in Skirmish already. If the GA Endor map isn't added to CS/IA then I'll never be able to explore it again. Here are what the command posts could be:

Imperial Spawn: Research Station (final phase of GA/Strike map)

Rebel Spawn: Opening to forest (Right at the start of GA phase 2) (Phase 1 will always be available in Arcade)

Command post 1: Underneath Ewok Village (When playing as the Rebels, this is on the right)

Command post 2: Cave next to waterfall (Left side of the Rebels spawn)

Command post 3: Cliffs near to the Imperial tower (Across from the waterfall side - overlooking the Imperial base)

Command post 4: Bunker in the woods (On the left side again, there are some small canyons near to a small bunker)

Command post 5: Imperial landing pad (Between the two entrances on the right side)

Add a wrecked AT-AT or two and you've got yourself an awesome Endor conquest map.

This is just my suggestion though, I'm sure DICE will put the command posts wherever they would work best!

Of course, it's a good point i can agree: i wouldn't like it to lose this 2017 Endor map. Perhaps a compromise would work very well: DICE could port the "Research station 9" map and eventually use the spawn and command post locations you mentioned (they are quite good). But at the same time, they could improve it with some of these ideas to make it feel more like Endor:
    - flatten the cliffs on both sides just a little bit at some points to the AT-AT route, so it's a little bit easier to get up there and make it feel more natural
    - plant some trees on the AT-AT Route, so it feels a bit less empty at some points and a bit more "endory"
    - expand the ewok builds in the trees just a little bit (at least 2 or 3 more affected trees) alongside the AT-AT route

With these changes the actual Endor map would be much more diversified and would fit perfect for sandbox-conquest gameplay in my opinion.
    Not to sound greedy, but I do wish we'd see gunships make their way to IA. don't know how complicated that would be to program but they don't currently feature in this build as far as I can tell, and are not available anywhere else.

I think if they doubled their efforts it could be done.

still, i'd rather see all maps added before other stuff. no point adding other stuff when there isn't enough maps to play.

they should seriously consider porting over the 2015 maps, make this game the best it can be.
    Proud EX-Member of MordorHQ (RIP) A.K.A EA UK Forums (RIP)
    creator of the All-In-One Cinematic PostFX Off Mod @ Nexusmods
    "for a true immersive experience, dl it today!"
  • MajorChief_IX
    184 posts Member
    edited August 26
    Of course, it's a good point i can agree: i wouldn't like it to lose this 2017 Endor map. Perhaps a compromise would work very well: DICE could port the "Research station 9" map and eventually use the spawn and command post locations you mentioned (they are quite good). But at the same time, they could improve it with some of these ideas to make it feel more like Endor:
    - flatten the cliffs on both sides just a little bit at some points to the AT-AT route, so it's a little bit easier to get up there and make it feel more natural
    - plant some trees on the AT-AT Route, so it feels a bit less empty at some points and a bit more "endory"
    - expand the ewok builds in the trees just a little bit (at least 2 or 3 more affected trees) alongside the AT-AT route

With these changes the actual Endor map would be much more diversified and would fit perfect for sandbox-conquest gameplay in my opinion.

Good thoughts, Kashyyyk has had some bits where the terrain itself has been edited to allow for better Conquest flow (The two wrecked Juggernauts both have areas you can go underneath which aren't in the GA map) and the flat area of Naboo is modified with wrecked AT-TEs, so modification could work quite well.

If they added some crashed TIE fighters, the trail from the crash could work as "rock slides" to allow easier access up to the sides of the valley. And good idea for more ewok stuff, would allow for more crossings over the middle and more options for traversal.

I'm really interested to see how DICE do it, they've proved on many occasions that can make great Endor maps and I have trust that they'll port it well for CS/IA.

I'm not as hopeful about the Death Star II though, we might never see anything other than the Arcade map. Crait and Starkiller will be very interesting to see in CS/IA because of how flat they are, I'm expecting quite a few crashed ships on those but am really excited to see how they make them work!

Yeah that's why I asked for an individual team hero/villain stamina for menus (i.e.- the enemy stamina and one for my team). This way if I wanted to make say a villain more tough I simply increase his stamina in menus. Soooooo it ramps things waaaaaay up because he's much harder to drop.
    “There is always hope.”

Yeah that's why I asked for an individual team hero/villain stamina for menus (i.e.- the enemy stamina and one for my team). This way if I wanted to make say a villain more tough I simply increase his stamina in menus. Soooooo it ramps things waaaaaay up because he's much harder to drop.

The individual sliders would be fun.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    I think DICE is giving us the CS maps (a slightely modified version), so i thought, what would make sense to be a CS map?

- a hanger

Good analysis.

I think all the sequel maps would work well for CS.

Jakku and Takodana would be fine as is just spread out the command posts reasonably. Crait would indeed need some of the command posts to be placed underground but that is not much of a problem in my book. Starkiller would need some work because there is only one way in to the interior phase, that would be a choke point. However with a slight modification they could connect some of the doors on the left and right of the main entrance to the interior and fix this problem. Or. Like you mentioned expand the outside area. A command post on the very edge (above the place the Tie fighters spawn in) would be epic.
    Plus the new world they confirmed in the CT.

For the OT Tatooine is the best map for CS. Could be the best CS map overall.
    Yavin could work well as it is rather open for the most part.
    Endor is a bit of a mistery. Could work, could be terrible. A large part of the map is where the walker goes from one end to the other. I would rather see Sullust from the original game.
    I don't think Deathstar II would work at all.
    Scariff would be a fine addition as well.

I think Death star 2 could easily work. Put a command post on the reactor areas, a command post by the crashed ship in the hangar, a command post at one of the consoles, a command post in another hangar and the last in one of the open hallway/room areas. I don't want them to forget about the death Star 2 map. It's one of my favorite maps.