criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Skirmish/Offline Content

Replies

• slarlac249 wrote: »
    i'm making some mods using the frosty editor that make the game less annoying to play. since the ones on nexusmods are out-of-date not updated to latest game version.

i've already disabled and removed most of the lens flares, just the sun ones left atm which are just massive and annoying

got rid of the stupid out of bounds warnings and screen effects on on foot modes (you no longer die and can explore)
    no dying on starfighter assult, but still get the warning message, screen effects are gone though, sound is still muffled, not sure how to disable yet, i did disable the annoying crackle sound though.

disabled the color grading on various levels, if anyone remember battlefield 3 without color grading, you'll know what i mean.

still gotta do vignette and a few other things...

i wish dice would stop with the postfx ****.

i'd love to see a ragdoll mod for bots. SO knock over effects work just like in online
  • slarlac249
    58 posts Member
    edited October 31
    keep an eye on nexusmods for my upcoming mod.

- no filmic effects
    - no vignette
    - no motion blur, radial blur etc
    - no colorgrading (see the maps with original colours)
    - no out of bounds restrictions or screen effects (great for exploring and starfighter assault)
    crackle sound disabled, though, currently still muffles sound and shows warning message and slows down your ship.
    - no lens flares or sun flares

the mod will be called AntiArtDirector, a joke reference back to bf3's Art Director.
    Proud EX-Member of MordorHQ (RIP) A.K.A EA UK Forums (RIP)
  • Personally, once out came a leak that talked about the Clone Wars season and there it said about a new offline mode by complete maps, TeamDeathMatch. Does this prove anything?ibz1hz29q7so.png
  • I'm going to be **** if there aren't any objectives..
  • Slevi17 wrote: »
    I'm going to be **** if there aren't any objectives..

Sure it may be just a TDM ... but it's just a leak, and if it's true they can update it over time (just as they plan to do with Starfighter Arcade
  • Found a relevant picture on Reddit...Currently 1500+ up votes.

fmg12meb76w11.jpg

• Starmasui73146
    910 posts Member
    edited November 4
    Still anxiously waiting for the Star Wars Battlefront 2 February new Offline/Online Control Point game mode, I hope it’s worth all the wait, until then I will go back to “Skirmish Walker Assault” mode Star Wars Battlefront (2015), still my fav mode. Well except for “Strike”, “Ewok Hunt” and “Cargo” mode of course, hah.

By the way I noticed that DICE has worked yet again on the 2015 game, yep you heard right. I was playing “Survival” mode in Nov 2018 at the Rebel Depot and I noticed they changed something. You know the dirt mound after you leave the tunnel? Well they took away the ability to be up on this ledge outcropping, personally I felt it was the only way to survive master difficulty there....so I wish they’d change it back to how it was. I feel the change is somewhat mean but I can understand how on easier difficulties it would make it to easy; still they should allow it for Master difficulty...just saying.

The other change to “Skirmish” was the improved enemy onslaught, they seem way more aggressive and spawning in in greater numbers, thanks devs for that.

Now if you’d just amp the AT-AT health to match the health Online against humans that would rock, it’s to easy for the rebels to win, thanks and bless you.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Man, I'm sure it will come a great Arcade mode soon. They promised that this game would be bigger than the first, so the offline mode should also be bigger, I think they just did not bring it yet because the devs were in the BF5 .. .but now they are returning and this can increase the content that will arrive from now on And also, they do not respond to any tweet about Arcade mode, which means they do not want to reveal something
  • if they just created a full game like the originals everyone would be happy.

not sure how many games they have to create before this happens.

what on earth goes on in the planning stage for these games? some guy probably says lan, bots, offline multiplayer and everyone laughs and they never speak again.
  • Does anyone know if reddit has any casting on Arcade?
  • Slevi17 wrote: »
    Found a relevant picture on Reddit...Currently 1500+ up votes.

fmg12meb76w11.jpg

I think Dennis's tweet says otherwise:
    SAM4XE wrote: »
    This is exactly what the offline community needs to hear. A little bit of Transparency goes a long way.
    n4cnczm0s6i4.jpg
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • It's good that we got some confirmation that the large-scale mode is still in the works. It means that Arcade fans have a great deal more to look forward to and reaffirms what he said back in February. It's good to know that even after all we've been through with this game, DICE hasn't abandoned single-player.

Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Personally, on Reddit the guys were looking at an old Clone Wars calendar and there it said that in October, along with Griveous, something would come up called TBC (I believe it's to be confirmed).And in the same post, they questioned Ben about whether that would be the Arcade content that had been removed from October ... elr confirmed that it was and said that it arrives that month, November
  • I agree Skirmish would be awesome. Especially when no online players are left. For now i am happy if geonosis will be in arcade aswell
  • Personally, on Reddit the guys were looking at an old Clone Wars calendar and there it said that in October, along with Griveous, something would come up called TBC (I believe it's to be confirmed).And in the same post, they questioned Ben about whether that would be the Arcade content that had been removed from October ... elr confirmed that it was and said that it arrives that month, November

Are you saying they are going to announce or release content for Arcade in November? would you please post the link to this reddit discussion? Thanks.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.

Are you saying they are going to announce or release content for Arcade in November? would you please post the link to this reddit discussion? Thanks.

I believe it is because he cites that it was transferred to November ... I'm looking for the link, I lost it, but as soon as I find it
  • I gotta say, right now it is a LOT more fun to play as General Grievous in Arcade than it is in multiplayer. His Unrelenting Advance ability actually works in Arcade, and it is a lot of fun to plough through Clones with it!

And then there's the fact that you don't have to compete with anyone else to get to play as Grievous in Arcade; I've been trying to level him up in Heroes Vs. Villains, but End-of-Round matchmaking makes that a problem. I've gotten several matches in a row where I'm stuck on the Light Side and thus unable to play as Grievous... and with 2 of Grievous' abilities broken in multiplayer, I feel like I'm deliberately handicapping myself by playing as him online in any game mode.

• slarlac249
    58 posts Member
    edited November 12
    don't forget we need split screen unlocked on pc.

someone unlocked it via a mod but it's broken, versus doesn't work properly and you can't play starfighter assault in solo or split screen as it breaks that mode, you get a blank loading screen and no ui.
    Wow this sounds promising, please keep us posted, thanks.
    I gotta say, right now it is a LOT more fun to play as General Grievous in Arcade than it is in multiplayer. His Unrelenting Advance ability actually works in Arcade, and it is a lot of fun to plough through Clones with it!

And then there's the fact that you don't have to compete with anyone else to get to play as Grievous in Arcade; I've been trying to level him up in Heroes Vs. Villains, but End-of-Round matchmaking makes that a problem. I've gotten several matches in a row where I'm stuck on the Light Side and thus unable to play as Grievous... and with 2 of Grievous' abilities broken in multiplayer, I feel like I'm deliberately handicapping myself by playing as him online in any game mode.

Yeah Grevious right now is so popular it is rare I get to play as him, which makes it ultra hard to level up. Arcade mode takes all those worries away. Now if they would just perfect it.

Well if supporting Offline improvements is important to you, feel free to post away here, thank you:

“Ways to make A.I. in Arcade For Star Wars Battlefront 2 Even Better”
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/123917/ways-to-make-the-a-i-in-arcade-for-star-wars-battlefront-2-even-better#latest

“Why is Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Darth Maul and Yoda Still Broken in Arcade?”
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/123943/why-is-luke-skywalker-darth-vader-darth-maul-and-yoda-still-broken-in-arcade#latest
    “There is always hope.”
  • slarlac249
    58 posts Member
    edited November 12
    I don't want to be that guy but there's a chance nothing will be changed / added for ages, if at all.

It took them ages to add skirmish to battlefront 2015 and that was basically when the game was on it's last legs (multiplayer wise)

from experience hanging with the community for battlefield and the new battlefronts, i've seen that they tend to ignore most peoples suggestions, the ones that will please the solo / offline players and just concentrate on online content / features. (but that's what sells the game...)

took them ages to add an ingame server browser to battlefield and that was late in bf4's life.
    but at least they added in bf1 as well and hopfully in bf5.

too ages to get private matches in battlefront 2015

battlefield still lacks any offline multiplayer and they only do play once and forget campaigns for those games sinces the last 6 games. 1943 was online only with no campaign.

private matches should be in a game from launch.

sadly these games are rushed and we all have to wait ages for stuff to be added which just annoying as heck.
    when we the customers are the ones that line their pockets with cash.

pc version of battlefront should have;

offline multiplayer w/ bots
    lan
    private matches
    split screen just like on consoles

how hard is that to understand?

man this forum is annoying..why does it add massive gaps between sentences?

I believe it is because he cites that it was transferred to November ... I'm looking for the link, I lost it, but as soon as I find it

Is it the Arcade CT or a content drop?
  • I said it.
    Battlefront 2 must have the new Conquest mode available on ARCADE. Not Team Deathmatch. Conquest.
    If they do the Team Deathmatch, i dont care how much content they put on the game after, I'm leaving Battlefront 2 and EA Battlefront franchise. My paciense has its limits.
    I hope they do not disappoint us, again. I give them one last chance. That is all, see you on November 28th.

• Llunots wrote: »
    I said it.
    Battlefront 2 must have the new Conquest mode available on ARCADE. Not Team Deathmatch. Conquest.
    If they do the Team Deathmatch, i dont care how much content they put on the game after, I'm leaving Battlefront 2 and EA Battlefront franchise. My paciense has its limits.
    I hope they do not disappoint us, again. I give them one last chance. That is all, see you on November 28th.

It's not coming till may 2019.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/9oktq6/any_words_in_that_tbc_ct_that_was_on_ur_internal/
    Here is the Reddit link...I really hope this is coming in november
    I said it.

I understand your concern, it really is boring to play without goals ... but I would not mind if they first cast a big Team Deathmath on full maps (and, who knows, if they do that they'll be able to update it with tem
  • Why can't I just do these galactic assault matches offline/agaisnt bots? I loved the original BF2 because I got to kill/destroy waves of troopers and droids then when the time came go boss with a hero or villain. Instead there's this micro map deathwatch thing? Totally sucks, not hard to replicate an amazing game that already exists. JUST DO THAT
  • slarlac249
    58 posts Member
    edited November 13
    Llunots wrote: »
    I said it.

It would be awesome if they did add conquest to arcade, but be realistic, this is DICEA.

If they can't do a quality battlefield game after 7 games, what hope have we got for battlefront? really boggles the mind why people continue to throw cash at battlefield when they haven't done anything epic since 2142.

Too many stupid people with money to waste on below average games + they are probably mostly young and have been raised on JJ Abrams movie graphics & cinematic gameplay. (console generation)

not trolling just throwing in some TRUTH. Something that is lacking in these moden times where everything offends someone, somewhere.

companies like EA have got their priorities all wrong, money is not the most important thing, sure it helps fund new IP's but making a QUALITY game / product should be the main goal towards being a good company, something they seem to have forgotten. Roll the clock back to pre battlefield 2142 days where EA weren't constantly being complained about.

Those times were gold.

Nowadays every game is generic and trying to be like X other game. Content is left out so a product can be rushed to release for maxium profit with no care for the people buying it. Then removed content can be sloooowwwwllly added back via DLC or not at all.

rinse and repeat for all other games.

Now, if only someone at DICEA would read the forums and not just the "mods" we might get somewhere.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/9oktq6/any_words_in_that_tbc_ct_that_was_on_ur_internal/

Thank you for the link. I hope it comes in November as well; however, that thread is talking about the Arcade Community Transmission. Content may still be a little ways off but we have something to look forward to.

Thank you for the link. I hope it comes in November as well; however, that thread is talking about the Arcade Community Transmission. Content may still be a little ways off but we have something to look forward to.

You're welcome! Yeah, this really talks about the broadcast, but the good thing is that if a transmission really comes in, then there's some content coming
  • anyone read this from back in may 2018;

https://www.onlysp.com/star-wars-battlefront-ii-insult-solo/

very well written article that describes why making everything online only is bad and an insult to consumers, who purchased the game, to not play online all the time.
  • slarlac249 wrote: »
    anyone read this from back in may 2018;

very well written article that describes why making everything online only is bad and an insult to consumers, who purchased the game, to not play online all the time.

Dylan Warman’s piece you gave a link to may or may not be mostly true but I can’t think like that, it would just make me angry and bitter against EA and I don’t need that. I’m trying to remain positive giving healthy constructive criticism and compliments were compliments are due.
    “There is always hope.”
  • This game needs more singleplayer content soon, I want to continue to play this game even when multiplayer will be reduced to extinction and I don't want to wait another Star Wars game which isn't going to be any big scale SW battle game, this game needs bigger singleplayer conquest mode, also galactic conquest and Hero AI Bots should be added. If I like to play good Star Wars singleplayer game, I still have to play very old games like Jedi Academy and SWBF2 2005 version modded with bots, please add these features also to this game.
  • Wow, a CT dedicated to arcade and offline content! I can’t wait for this list of excuses to why there will not be any. The only thing this team can deliver is disappointment, why would this CT be any different? How can I still have hope for this game at this point?
  • quenaelin wrote: »
    This game needs more singleplayer content soon, I want to continue to play this game even when multiplayer will be reduced to extinction and I don't want to wait another Star Wars game which isn't going to be any big scale SW battle game, this game needs bigger singleplayer conquest mode, also galactic conquest and Hero AI Bots should be added. If I like to play good Star Wars singleplayer game, I still have to play very old games like Jedi Academy and SWBF2 2005 version modded with bots, please add these features also to this game.

I would love an offline conquest mode with hero AI to to play in split screen.
  • slarlac249
    58 posts Member
    edited November 14
    slarlac249 wrote: »
    anyone read this from back in may 2018;

Dylan Warman’s piece you gave a link to may or may not be mostly true but I can’t think like that, it would just make me angry and bitter against EA and I don’t need that. I’m trying to remain positive giving healthy constructive criticism and compliments were compliments are due.

Yeah I lost my positive attitude for gaming back when dice were absorbed by ea and lucasarts went poof. Everything since has been less than AAA more like BBB to CCC. So many cancelled games, bogus sequels and awful reboots.

I tried to keep some faith, i purchased bc2 on pc, hated it for the most part, then i purchased bf3 thinking it was going to be the next epic bf game and a real sequel but boy was i wrong, tried to stay pos and purchased bf4 but it just had the same **** gameplay, cinematic graphics and lack of content / features.

so i threw in the bf towel and vowed to never bother with another bf game.

Then i saw dice was rebooting battlefront and decided to give em one more chance and we know how that played out...
    still the game was less annoying to play than any of the new bf games.

I tried bf1 recently when it was less than £5 on origin and wished i hadn't bothered. The campaign was full of graphics issues, the game was still full of the cinematic nonsense and mp sucked as it still suffers with the same massive maps wasted on clustered flag placements that dice continues to do for every frostbite bf game so far.

So excuse me if I have high standards for gaming. I just don't like wasting money on crap half-games again and again.

I have about 1-2% of hope left that things will one day improve in the gaming industry and the other 98% is saved for that day.

still annoys me that a star was game from the early 2000's still has more content and features than battlefront 2015 + 2017 combined and that my annon internet person is cold hard fact.

I also don't know why people get excited when a community manager says new stuff is coming, i've learnt that what comes out of dicea should be taken with a tiny wee grain of salt as i've been burned many times.

for example with battlefield 3, a certain dice developer AK said we could destroy the tower on caspian border and that turned out to be false, we had to wait for bf4 before we the player could trigger a destruction event and even then it got old well quick as it was not dynamic, just the same scripted destruction again and again....

so i don't get excited with every new ct or whatever they call them. I need some 100% concrete news of content incoming before i dust off the tissue box...so to speak.

and no i'm not a teen, i'm 34.
  • I have been playing battlefront 2015 recently due to the offline content. Decided to redownload 2017 due to obi wan coming out next week & would like to try him out in arcade.

I am wondering why we can't have galactic assault offline, I mean yeah I remember someone saying it was hard to program the AI to use the ion launchers but truthfully couldn't be to hard to remove them & just give the walkers & mtt's a health bonus or make only some of the AI target the walkers, so it can remain challenging offline.

I mean with genosis coming out it's supposedly going to have AI vehicles (mostly the spiders) attacking the AT-TE's. Makes me wonder why not make genosis be playable with bots for offline, since it sounds like it's going to be more of a battlefield then destroying walkers & mtt's.

Though truthfully I mean I like star wars battlefront 2 but not a fan of the campaign & arcade just playing 10 v 10 team deathmatch, star fighter assault, & then onslaught/survival (only exciting game mode in my opinion) gets somewhat boring fast.

Yeah the AI in 2015 isn't all that great but truthfully a lot more fun offline since it's like the actual online game mode just with bots.

If 2017 gets a a big scale game mode like walker assault, galactic assault, or the new game mode coming out in February would play 2017 a lot more. (truthfully only care about offline content because I am on xbox & need gold to play online & also have, slow internet playing online is laggy)
  • I have been playing battlefront 2015 recently due to the offline content. Decided to redownload 2017 due to obi wan coming out next week & would like to try him out in arcade.

I am wondering why we can't have galactic assault offline, I mean yeah I remember someone saying it was hard to program the AI to use the ion launchers but truthfully couldn't be to hard to remove them & just give the walkers & mtt's a health bonus or make only some of the AI target the walkers, so it can remain challenging offline.

I mean with genosis coming out it's supposedly going to have AI vehicles (mostly the spiders) attacking the AT-TE's. Makes me wonder why not make genosis be playable with bots for offline, since it sounds like it's going to be more of a battlefield then destroying walkers & mtt's.

Though truthfully I mean I like star wars battlefront 2 but not a fan of the campaign & arcade just playing 10 v 10 team deathmatch, star fighter assault, & then onslaught/survival (only exciting game mode in my opinion) gets somewhat boring fast.

Yeah the AI in 2015 isn't all that great but truthfully a lot more fun offline since it's like the actual online game mode just with bots.

If 2017 gets a a big scale game mode like walker assault, galactic assault, or the new game mode coming out in February would play 2017 a lot more. (truthfully only care about offline content because I am on xbox & need gold to play online & also have, slow internet playing online is laggy)

I'm sure if DICE really cared, they could program the AI to use Ion turrets. I don't buy that excuse. I'm wondering if we'll get any Geonosis map next week for arcade? To be honest, I'm expected deathmatch for the large scale mode, but would be surprised if we got a pared down capture the point mode.
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1033 posts Member
    edited November 20
    I have been playing battlefront 2015 recently due to the offline content. Decided to redownload 2017 due to obi wan coming out next week & would like to try him out in arcade.

I think they are going to focus on conquest for Arcade as that's what it sounds like more folks would prefer.
  • F8rge has made a focus feedback on arcade https://reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/9ysrc1/focused_feedback_arcade/

Go nuts and lets make arcade the best it can be.
  • F8rge has made a focus feedback on arcade https://reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/9ysrc1/focused_feedback_arcade/

Agreed!
  • Hello there ! Thanks for taking care about arcade players ! We love your work.

What do you like about Arcade?

The possibility to enjoy this incredible game without having a multiplayer stressfull experience... Turning off HUD ! I like the fact that actually every locations are playable... But they're still to small compared to galactic assault and SFA maps. The Split screen, really Thank you for this also but...

What don't you like about Arcade?

The impossibility to play arcade coop or vs as an online or private feature with a friend... Why only Split screen ? This is The missing feature to me. Battlefront 2015 had it at launch in survival and hero deathmatch, then in skirmish. It was the Best way to have fun times with cool players i met online, or with my Kids, brothers, friends... Please consider this request. Up to 4 players online in arcade would be awesome... 2vs2 with AI bots would be epic.

And after that, in order of priority.

No objectives based game mode. (galactic assault and starfighter assault)
    Not enough bots.
    No hero AI.
    No skin selector.
    No playlist.
    No changing sides in a match.

What would you like to see added to Arcade in the future?

I would like to see an online arcade feature as described earlier. Online 1vs1/coop or more players in all the custom arcade game modes.

I would like to see galactic assault or conquest, and also starfighter assault coming to custom arcade. Entirely playable.
    Even with basics AI. Battlefront 2015's walker assault in skirmish as an example, it was perfect to have fun.
    See the priority list.

Any other feedback you'd like to share ?

I would like to see battlefront 2015's dlc adapted and coming to arcade. I wish the return of the multistage game modes (battlestation trench run, scarif, bespin carbonite room etc.). The death star trench run in arcade ! Please !
    Please keep doing this game with passion and make our Dreams come true !

Here i spoke in the name of more than One player not used to social networks, please consider.
    Sorry for bad english, and wrong sentences.

Thanks again for everything.
    May The Force be with you, always.

Thanks for the link. I created a reddit account to give feedback.
  • Is Geonosis going to be available on Arcade? Does anyone know this?
    Is Geonosis going to be available on Arcade? Does anyone know this?

Well, they promised that all the maps released would be in Arcade, I think Geonosis would not be an exception ... Maybe they do the same to Crait, who came to Blast and Arcade a month after launch, unless they throw some big Arcade mode this month, in that case it has to be

I was wondering the same thing. At the very least, we know it'll be added to Arcade at some point, but I'd like to know if it'll be available in Arcade on the 28th along with the rest of the Geonosis content. I'm really hoping we won't have to wait beyond the 28th 'cause, my God, it looks abso-freak'n-lutely amazing.
    "All wings report in."
  • Made this post in the Arcade Feedback on Reddit but will post it here as well just in case Ben and/or Dennis did not see it in time.

Space Arcade:

While the Arcade Space Battles we have so far are ok they are not nearly as epic as they can be especially compared to the normal Starfighter Assault mode that we can play online.

Personally besides a few AI adjustments such as making the AI shoot missiles more often on harder difficulties I think that adding the Starfighter Assault mode itself to Arcade will not be so hard to do since there are already AI in those matches and there shouldn't be that many changes needed in order to make them play the objectives better than they already do.

Ground Arcade:

If it is not too late just make sure that new Epic Ground and Air Mode is avaliable in Arcade on ALL of the maps when it is released just like when it is released for the online multiplayer.

I am talking about the mode that Dennis mentioned where there are "Battles for control of Command Posts" like in Conquest and we can "Take Down Capital Ships" all in the same battle.

Just make that mode avaliable in Arcade on all the same maps as Galactic Assault and I feel that we will finally be able to experience what makes the Battlefront games great even while playing Arcade offline with and against the AI bots in Epic 20 vs 20 (or possibly larger) battles that take place on the Ground and in the Air!
  • BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    Llunots wrote: »

I was wondering the same thing. At the very least, we know it'll be added to Arcade at some point, but I'd like to know if it'll be available in Arcade on the 28th along with the rest of the Geonosis content. I'm really hoping we won't have to wait beyond the 28th 'cause, my God, it looks abso-freak'n-lutely amazing.

I'm sure it'll be in Arcade, but knowing DICE we probably won't find out until the update releases. I remember when Bespin released, we didn't find out it was in Arcade until we'd downloaded the update.

• hopefully geonosis is in arcade if not well we'll get it soon. I mean an arcade feedback session is bloody fantastic. here's hoping it's not too long before we get the update.
  • hopefully geonosis is in arcade if not well we'll get it soon. I mean an arcade feedback session is bloody fantastic. here's hoping it's not too long before we get the update.

If they make an arcade feedback doesn't mean new content will come soon. They also made a reinforcements feedback 1-2 months ago and no news about it. Just don't get so positive. (I am not being negative)
  • i wish the creator of the split screen mod would fix it....so that every mode works like on consoles, i managed to get starfighter assault working with random fiddling in the frosty editor but the game throws up an error when you finish a round.

i want to play versus...