criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Skirmish/Offline Content

Replies

• SAM4XE
    221 posts Member
    edited November 26
    One thing is certain, EA/Dice definitely can't be accused of spoiling the offline community.

6ciw4qbup41g.jpg

• This is great see but there's still no fix for jabba's palace. Two Steps forward, One step back.
  • Watching the geonosis game plays the spider droids being AI controlled makes me wonder if this is Dice testing the well Vehicle AI for offline. wouldn't surprise me.
  • Watching the geonosis game plays the spider droids being AI controlled makes me wonder if this is Dice testing the well Vehicle AI for offline. wouldn't surprise me.

Vehicle AI would be fun.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
    That is a great point, and a very likely scenario
  • Disappointed Geonosis isn't in Arcade, but I also expected that, I know that about a month ago they said that it would only be a GA map for now. but on the bright side, the first "phase" of the map looks like it could make a great Blast/Arcade map, and it probably wouldn't take much work to implement it, so there's a possibility we could see that happen in the future.
  • really? ffs......

can't really say anything else.
    Proud EX-Member of MordorHQ (RIP) A.K.A EA UK Forums (RIP)
  • just updated my game, no geonsis in arcade.....no surprise really, the fail continues. back to playing some real pc games while one waits for the next shocking update.
  • Really disappointed guys. No Arcade content. Just as expected. A shame.
  • Llunots wrote: »
    Really disappointed guys. No Arcade content. Just as expected. A shame.

Time to play the waiting game again.
  • Since they just did an Arcade focused feedback for Arcade, I think the waiting game is almost over. I think Geonosis will be playable in the large scale Arcade mode that Dennis said is in the works.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Since they just did an Arcade focused feedback for Arcade, I think the waiting game is almost over. I think Geonosis will be playable in the large scale Arcade mode that Dennis said is in the works.

I also think that too but let's not set our expectations too high because we don't know whats around the corner and we have no idea if there is good/bad or any news about arcade. All we can do is hope for the best and expect the worst.
  • Devs lied once again? Nothing new there, also nothing new in arcade except Obi-Wan.
    Priority Lists

Heroes:
    1. Obi-Wan and grievous
    2. Anakin and Dooku
    3. Rex and Cad Bane
    4. Ahsoka and Ventress
    5. Mace and Savage
    6. Padmè and Jango

Maps:
    1. Utapau
    2. Felucia
    3. Coruscant
    4. Geonosis
    5. Battle over Courascant/Grievous’ command ship

Other
    1.Large Mode/Conquest/Galactic Assault for arcade
    2. Galactic Conquest
    3. Guard,Sentinel,and commando classes
    4. Skill based credit rewards in arcade
    5. Appearances unlocked in arcade
    Guard,Commando,and sentinel class ideas:
    Skirmish/Offline content
    “Everybody needs somebody.” -Rio
  • Arcade Geonosis confirmed! Saw a reply from Dennis in the big Twitter response/General Discussion.
  • Arcade Geonosis confirmed! Saw a reply from Dennis in the big Twitter response/General Discussion.

Pleas post Post😉
  • Can't get it to work on my phone. The title on the general discussion main page is Twitter and other news regarding BF2 2.0
  • Courtney9089
    15 posts Member
    edited November 29
    Never mind Darth chocolate4 has the link
  • b63xsk5vc0a3.jpeg

small area geonosis confirmed. not really hyped about it
  • Thank you for providing the link.
  • 72zg3d4w7541.jpeg

sorry wrong pic
  • Well at least it's something hopefully it releases in the December update though & don't have to wait till January
  • Thanks for the info darkchocolate4
  • After playing some GA on Geonosis, I do really think the first stage/area would make a fantastic Blast and Arcade map. The geography and verticality of it makes it a really unique and fun level design, I am hoping we see it next month, but that may be pushing it a little.
  • Geonosis online feels like a really good campaign level. Small yet open then massively open with amazing freedom and insanity. Heres hoping we get conquest offline. Which I think we will............... When however thats another story.
  • slarlac249
    68 posts Member
    edited November 29
    you know, someone modded GA to arcade on nexusmods but then set it to hidden because they couldn't be bothered to update it for the last few updates.

it's fairly easy to make a mod compatible with an update, you only have to load it in the frosty editor and export to mod. (maybe make a few changes if new stuff has been added)

i keep doing that with my postfx off mod, so i can continue to play without all the **** screen effects.
    (probably need to tweak geonosis ve settings when it's added to arcade)
    but apart from that it's simple.
  • Guys the AI never used to run did it? cause playing on takodana arcade and well the AI runs and it's well nice
  • TheBearShow1
    266 posts Member
    edited November 29
    Geonosis will be good, but I really wanna see those fixes to Takodana and Jabba's Palace, and a large gamemode before I spend money on cosmetics.
  • if only they didn't take soooooooo long to do these updates, when they don't even add much new content.

i know it's all free but the wait for anything decent is getting annoying, especially when it's always mp stuff and no dates for sp stuff.

you'd think disney would be getting on at them for messing up so badly on this game.....
  • 72zg3d4w7541.jpeg

sorry wrong pic

I want the whole GA map offline with the mode incorporated
    -A convoluted signature

• slarlac249
    68 posts Member
    edited November 30
    ^ we all want that, but this is DICEA, be realistic, they don't have a good track record for listening to the community.

they claim to listen and then do the opposite of what the community wants.

they seem have a "can't be bothered" attitude to do anything involving AI bots as it'll require more "effort" then just making maps for mp.

it really boils my blood. i gave up on battlefield due to them constantly ignoring the community for wanting offline multiplayer with bots, players tried tell them "remember the old games had bots" but no...all they keep doing is crappy play once campaigns which are boring scripted interactive movies.
  • 72zg3d4w7541.jpeg

sorry wrong pic

slarlac249 wrote: »
    ^ we all want that, but this is DICEA, be realistic, they don't have a good track record for listening to the community.

they seem have a "can't be bothered" attitude to do anything involving AI bots as it'll require more "effort" then just making maps for mp.

it really boils my blood. i gave up on battlefield due to them constantly ignoring the community for wanting offline multiplayer with bots, players tried tell them "remember the old games had bots" but no...all they keep doing is crappy play once campaigns which are boring scripted interactive movies.

Dennis has recently stated they are working on a large mode for Arcade.
  • And do you think they can add à heroes vs vilains mode to arcade mode ?
  • "More on Arcade in 2019, we know there's a section of our community that likes it, and we like it too.

Once we have some 100% locked down details to share, we will." - f8rge on reddit.
  • 72zg3d4w7541.jpeg

sorry wrong pic

yeah i know, but i'm at the stage where i don't believe anything that dicea say. unless there is release dates and concrete info and what the so called content will include.

purchased way too many of their frostbite fps games only to be letdown in every aspect of said games.

sick of reading the same old twitter reponses about X content / features coming soon

soon is not soon enough.

should've had all this stuff in the first game and then all that should've been ported to this game.

sick of them pulling these moves again and again where they release an empty game and then slowly add stuff....it's not cool.

i love star wars, i love gaming. i just hate dicea because they can't do anything right and there's too many players who are just fine with the quality of their games which is just ...?..... makes no sense.

i grew up when full games were released and there was no such thing as dlc, exclusives etc. We had expansion packs which were content packed and were essentially like playing a whole new game.

nowadays developers seem to have a can't be bothered attitude and it shows by the lack of effort put into the games.
    just rush it out and get the pay cheque.

i'll keep checking the forums to see if this magic content ever drops, but i won't hold my breath.
  • 72zg3d4w7541.jpeg

sorry wrong pic

Offline gamers were also expecting skirmish 2.0 at launch, which never happened . Starfighter Arcade has barely been given a thought by the devs in 5 months, maps like jabbas palace remain broken in arcade and The Arcade community transmission doesn't look like it will come until 2019. I can't blame gamers being sceptical, tbh!
  • Hello there ! Dear devs, @FORGE, @TOTALfps, Thanks for taking care about players ! We love your work.

In 2019 Please, as soon as possible, let us play custom arcade with online friends. Coop or vs. Up to 4 would just be epic. We need this feature. Just please... We're begging you.

Add skin selector in arcade.
    Add large scale mode with objectives for custom arcade, every locations, full maps.
    Add starfighter assault update in arcade.

We would like to see an online arcade feature as described earlier. Online 1vs1/coop or more players in all the custom arcade game modes. Even with a private hosting system... Really.

New content ! We would like to see battlefront 2015's dlc adapted and coming to battlefront 2 multiplayer and arcade.

We wish the return of the awesome multistage game modes or at least all the battlefront 2015 's dlc remastered maps ported to
    battlefront 2 (battlestation death star trench run, scarif portal and beach, bespin clouds and carbonite room etc) in multiplayer and arcade. (space maps and ground maps)

Please at least a death star battle in multiplayer and arcade...
    We would love some more iconic starfighter assault battles ! Maybe a death star 2? Cruisers Vs Destroyers? A VR settings for starfighter 1st person? Sorry i dreamed too far... We would pay for this !

We would like coruscant as New location (space, ground and HvsV).
    We would like a geonosis and a crait (outside) maps for HvsV.

We would like to have more skins (every movies skins you can, with Old versions of character ! Everything !) We would pay for it !

We would like more heroes (from movies only please, Really).

We would like to see a star wars Ep9 big content in battlefront 2 in december 2019(space, ground, HvsV) .
    We want the game development continues through 2020 and more.

We would like more quality gamelife stuff (sensitivity settings for heroes, stamina, HUD etc), bug and glitch fixes, balancing, etc.

Please keep doing this game with passion and make our Dreams come true !

Here i spoke in the name of several players, not used to social networks, please consider.
    Sorry for bad english, and wrong sentences.

Thanks again for everything.
    May The Force be with you, always.

PS : please support guys ! We need your voices to Make our hopes heared !
  • Look at this! Ben posted on Reddit !!s97q40vat1ik.png
  • ^ That don't mean jack tbh.

same type of so called news has been posted many times before, just worded slightly differently.

don't understand why they can't give a date and some actually info. if it's to create hype, it ain't working.

• ^ I sure hope so, as the game as it stands right now does not allow epic star wars battles to be played in solo or with a friend.

map areas available are too small
    no vehicles except in starfighter assault but then there's no ground battles

what we need is vehicles on non space maps, plus ai in the sky to also battle while say your mate battles on the ground.

basically dynamic gameplay....choose air or ground combat at any time in a game

just doing that solo would be cool.

but i'd settle for GA in arcade + Conquest.
  • andytheavs
    596 posts Member
    edited December 2
    So I finally gave in and bought the game for 8 bucks during the sale on Origin (pc) last week. Plowed through all the Battle Scenarios over the course of a couple nights. Then I played the campaign over a few more nights. Now I'm just messing around each map in Team Battle and having fun. A couple of comments I wanted to share.
    1) I'm terrible at shooters, just terrible, and yet I am pretty well handling the Expert difficulty AI. I still die here and there because I really a that bad, but I can see why people who regularly player shooters think it's a complete joke and they probably never die at all. Expert here feels like Normal difficulty from BF2015's Skirmish.
    2) It frustrates me greatly when players, devs, and the text in the game itself refer to Arcade as a great way to practice before going into multiplayer. Seems like that's what everyone thinks of it as. I think Battle scenarios are good for this. Custom Arcade on the other hand, should be the fully realized offline multiplayer with bots that we have been dreaming of since Pandemic's Battlefront 2.
    3) I enjoyed the campaign but it was too short to really connect with the characters. The skipping of 20 years or whatever and the rather short second part were disappointing. The one thing I really wanted to talk about though is this. The part of the mission on Takodana where you play Han Solo and walk around in the bar eavesdropping on people while you search for your informant, that was cool. It made me want a Mass Effect/Witcher style Star Wars game where the world feels alive and populated with interesting characters and events going on that you can become a part of if you take the time to explore/investigate.

Anyway, here's to hoping that the Arcade Focused Feedback thread actually got the message through. Fingers crossed for Conquest style game mode with capture points, full sized maps, WAAAAY more than 10v10, air/ground vehicles, and AI heroes! (edit - and the ability to do 'private' games of team battle where you and friends can do coop or vs and the AI fills out the teams)
    Post edited by andytheavs on
  • andytheavs wrote: »
    So I finally gave in and bought the game for 8 bucks during the sale on Origin (pc) last week. Plowed through all the Battle Scenarios over the course of a couple nights. Then I played the campaign over a few more nights. Now I'm just messing around each map in Team Battle and having fun. A couple of comments I wanted to share.
    1) I'm terrible at shooters, just terrible, and yet I am pretty well handling the Expert difficulty AI. I still die here and there because I really a that bad, but I can see why people who regularly player shooters think it's a complete joke and they probably never die at all. Expert here feels like Normal difficulty from BF2015's Skirmish.
    2) It frustrates me greatly when players, devs, and the text in the game itself refer to Arcade as a great way to practice before going into multiplayer. Seems like that's what everyone thinks of it as. I think Battle scenarios are good for this. Custom Arcade on the other hand, should be the fully realized offline multiplayer with bots that we have been dreaming of since Pandemic's Battlefront 2.
    3) I enjoyed the campaign but it was too short to really connect with the characters. The skipping of 20 years or whatever and the rather short second part were disappointing. The one thing I really wanted to talk about though is this. The part of the mission on Takodana where you play Han Solo and walk around in the bar eavesdropping on people while you search for your informant, that was cool. It made me want a Mass Effect/Witcher style Star Wars game where the world feels alive and populated with interesting characters and events going on that you can become a part of if you take the time to explore/investigate.

Anyway, here's to hoping that the Arcade Focused Feedback thread actually got the message through. Fingers crossed for Conquest style game mode with capture points, full sized maps, WAAAAY more than 10v10, air/ground vehicles, and AI heroes! (edit - and the ability to do 'private' games of team battle where you and friends can do coop or vs and the AI fills out the teams)

While I certainly would love to see this, let's face it, the reason you just picked it up for $8 is because it's already on the back-burner as far as EA is concerned. I love the patience and optimism of some of the posters in this thread, such a difference from many gaming communities, but I can't see us getting anymore substantial arcade content at this point. If and until we do, I've been playing BF2015 skirmish with my son in co-op. That's actually really fun and I can't believe BF2 didn't ship with something at least on the same level.
  • While I certainly would love to see this, let's face it, the reason you just picked it up for $8 is because it's already on the back-burner as far as EA is concerned. I love the patience and optimism of some of the posters in this thread, such a difference from many gaming communities, but I can't see us getting anymore substantial arcade content at this point. If and until we do, I've been playing BF2015 skirmish with my son in co-op. That's actually really fun and I can't believe BF2 didn't ship with something at least on the same level.

Yeah I laughed hard when BF2 released with even less than what BF2015's Skirmish offered. I got suckered into the hype of the first game's release, but not so with this one. If BF2015 allowed a friend(s) to join a Skirmish game over the internet, I'd probably still be playing that with a couple of real life friends.
  • Something of interest that's worth mentioning, if you watch videos of the out of bounds areas in Geonosis, there's actually a TON of AI soldiers and vehicles fighting each other, dunno if this is something they're able to add to maps in the future.
  • Darthchocolate4
    78 posts Member
    edited December 3
    Something of interest that's worth mentioning, if you watch videos of the out of bounds areas in Geonosis, there's actually a TON of AI soldiers and vehicles fighting each other, dunno if this is something they're able to add to maps in the future.

thought so too. Even if the AI ​​looks bad and does not damaged others and they just walk around wirelessly. But who knows ... hope Dice finally gives us our promised content in the early new year.
    By the way, Did you realize how big this map actually is? there is a lot of potential to put some crazy stuff in #veryLargeScaleMode for Arcade!!!!
  • So playing through the 2015's offline I am surprised by how 50/50 the offline is between games. 2015 didn't allow us to use DLC maps 2017 does, 2015 doesn't allow customization of matches and usable star cards that you haven't unlocked. 2017 does. However 2015 gives us special units to fight against and vehicles in say the smaller maps and even bigger maps 2017 does not (At least yet)

Seems that soon we may get that if not more. And when we do 2017 will finally be up there with 05 and even 2015 BF if not better. You're so close Dice I can taste the Special unit AI.
  • Also Seems like the AI fight on Geonosis we see in the background are a tease for offline? Seems interesting how they made the big battles seem realistic. Who knows maybe they are using it as a stand in or something.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=T3ruk-eDXAs
  • SAM4XE wrote: »
    72zg3d4w7541.jpeg

sorry wrong pic

Offline gamers were also expecting skirmish 2.0 at launch, which never happened . Starfighter Arcade has barely been given a thought by the devs in 5 months, maps like jabbas palace remain broken in arcade and The Arcade community transmission doesn't look like it will come until 2019. I can't blame gamers being sceptical, tbh!

"With the return of skirmish-with the return of skirmish-with the return of skirmish" lol
    -A convoluted signature

• so are we solo players getting anything for christmas or does the wait continue?

i hope the titan mode is not going to be online only.
  • Courtney9089
    15 posts Member
    edited December 9
    so are we solo players getting anything for christmas or does the wait continue?

Probably not doesn't sound like there might not be a whole lot in the December 13th update besides a few minor bug fixes (Maybe a few major possibly) & the general kenobi skin (Just my opinion due to not much info on it lol).

Even though it was data mined & said by the devs genonsis is planned for arcade, blast, & strike. Probably won't see it till January sadly. Though I am hopping that maybe it made it's way into the december 13th update but that's just hoping lol.