criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Skirmish/Offline Content

Replies

• Blazur wrote: »
    Foxdie491 wrote: »
    Skirmish/Offline Content (3.9k replies 172.8k views) has been the most active thread in BF 2 forum since before launch, yet has been the most neglected aspect of the game in every single mayor or minor update. I would really like to know why. (Happy new year BTW)

You know why.

Because they are working on a large scale mode.

LMAO true! There's also Geonosis Arcade, Armored Officers, and improved Clone Appearances, all of which I believe is coming this month alongside Dooku on the 23rd.

Hopefully, the Arcade CT is this month too.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • they did say that arcade will get a CT heres hoping it's soon. Honestly give us a good offline and so many more fans will buy it gaining more money for dice and EA.
  • I don't know about the ai being more aggressive. I always play in expert, default heath, double/tough enemy health and 9 times out of 10 I win by at least 10-20 soldiers remaining. I'm not boasting, as I am terrible online. I think the ai needs to be more like they were in SWBF1. I have not noticed enemies using the attack deployments more often. I my opinion expert difficulty should be on par with online experiences. I have noticed, ai cluster more frequently together.
    Still want to see better AI in Starfighter deathmatch

Here is what I can realistically see:
    bot count on starfighter and grounds maps increase to 16
    Conquest offline mode with vehicles (AI/friendly/enemy) and reinforcements used by enemies
    Starfighter Assault being added with ai use of missiles against player or even upping the damages done by ai shots on players ship.
    Hopefully they don't forget all of the deathstar 2 map

Would be nice but doubtful:
    Hero AI with abilities
    bots use starcards more frequently
    large maps as one big map ( I know GA uses sections broken up by completing objectives)
    1:1 correspondence between GA maps and large scale maps (hopefully they don't create brand new maps
  • Foxdie491 wrote: »
    Skirmish/Offline Content (3.9k replies 172.8k views) has been the most active thread in BF 2 forum since before launch, yet has been the most neglected aspect of the game in every single mayor or minor update. I would really like to know why. (Happy new year BTW)

Just for the record, Starfighter Assault has been the most neglected aspect of the game since launch. Arcade has gotten 2 new modes, 10 new maps, and upgrades like having all Star Cards , Weapons, and Weapon Mods unlocked for offline.

Meanwhile, Starfighter Assault- which is hands-down the best game mode in Battlefront II- has only received 1 new map since launch, and 3 new Hero Ships, all of which are reskins... and aside from tweaking the health of some hero ships, they still haven't done anything about balancing any of the starfighter; like the TIE/IN Interceptor, which has been in need of an overhaul since the beta, but hasn't even been touched.

Can't argue with this, Starfighter Assault is the best of battlefront 2 hands down and it hasn't being touched since launch. But the point remains, everything they do in multiplayer should have an exact same replica in arcade (with objectives, chatter, music cues, the works). I cannot strees the importance of this enough. While this game keeps a separation between what you can play in multiplayer and what you can play in single player, IT COMES WITH AN EXPIRATION DATE!!! I didn't pay 60$+ to be unable to use the product I bought 10 years from now.

There's no request as popular as this one since Battlefront 2015... It does not make any sense... and all we get is excuses, excuses and half bake additions to arcade.

If we don't push for this it's gonna be Battlefront 2015 all over again: "here, 30% of the multiplayer content for Arcade. Now we are moving on to Battlefront 3 that will have a something similar to what you've been asking for years done poorly but not exactly what you asked :smile: - EA! because we listen..."

I mean have you seen the the AI for arcade? I don't know how they managed it but is like 10 times worst than the AI of Battlefront 2015 Skirmish... it's a step backwards. And the worst thing is that it was probably on porpuse... they made Arcade boring and incoherent on porpouse because there was no live service connected to it... and therefore no extra money. Same for the short/easy campaign. Some one somewhere inside of EA do not care about the request the fans have been making since 2015... this is why the Viceral single player game was shut down and this is why EA Battlefront 1 & 2 has been so underwhelming. This is why we don't have a game like Mass Effect set up in the Star Wars Universe and why we don't have Star Wars 1313. This is why the Battlefront games aren't mod friendly and this is why KOTOR 3, Jedi Knight 4 or Republic Commandos 2 doesn't exist... they don't want us to buy a house, they want for to buy a house and then for us to pay rent for life for the same house...

EA have had the license since 2013... that was 6 years ago... and they have 2 poorly recieved games. Let's see how many games LucasArts published in the same amount of time (6 years). From 95 to 2001:

Star Wars: Dark Forces
    Star Wars: Rebel Assault II: The Hidden Empire
    Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
    Star Wars: Yoda Stories
    Star Wars: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter
    Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
    Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi
    Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
    Star Wars: Rebellion
    Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
    Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
    Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
    Star Wars Episode I: Racer
    Star Wars: Force Commander
    Star Wars Episode I: Jedi Power Battles
    Star Wars: Demolition
    Star Wars: Episode I: Battle for Naboo
    Star Wars: Racer Arcade
    Star Wars: Starfighter
    Star Wars: Super Bombad Racing
    Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
    Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
    Star Wars: Obi-Wan

23 games some of which were not only Published but also developed by LucasArts... and of which more than half were commercial and critical success (including Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, which is in the list of "best games of all times")...

The least we should be expecting with a difference of over 20 games, is that the only 2 they have made so far, to be the most complete, rich and varied Star Wars experiences ever, not the turning point of the microtransactions controversy, the most dislike Reddit comment or a game that was almost completely abandoned because of an emergency change in monetization format.

A complete overhaul of Arcade is, in my opinion, the only way in which EA can redeem itself with the fans before even thinking of making another game under the Star Wars brand. And with the current state of the movies, the overall broken fandom, and the cultural and political war that the franchise has become, this cannot come too soon.

Well... at least that's my take on it.

100% agree with the complete arcade overhaul and the need to keep asking until Arcade is oerhauled, or the devs say no.

Is the least they can, do. I mean the last "well" recieved Star Wars game was Force unleashed 2 back in 2010... in 9 years we only had these 2 games... 2 Battlefronts... the 2015 BF is dead and this one was filled with controversy and bad press. Giving the players what they've been asking for since 2015 should be their first and only priority before doing anything else, no excuses, no "what if", no way around it. I really don't recall someone wasking for Ewok Hunt, Hero Showdow or any of the things they have put resource into until now.

Even if they wnat to charge us for a 100% all content overhaul in arcade I doubt the vast mayority of us will not pay the price. Specially since the cancelation of Viceral game and the public reaction to it. It's a no brainer... I think is thime for people that knows about video games to work in the video game company called EA games.
  • LucasArts should never of closed.....stupid Disney.

we could be playing lots of new sw games right now.........but all we have is a dead shell of a game and this which also might as well be a dead shell of a game.

I have almost zero interest in clicking the icon on my desktop while the game is still unfinished.

online sucks on many maps, chokepoints, no cover, funnel gameplay on GA, blast is kinda fun in small doses, SFA is just crap
    arcade sucks as it is, wave game play is just lazy and boring, no objectives

couldn't care less about the customization stuff, when i play i just want to dive into the action.

i also hate that you can't go first person with heroes.......immersion killer.
    Proud EX-Member of MordorHQ (RIP) A.K.A EA UK Forums (RIP)
  • SAM4XE
    248 posts Member

Just for the record, Starfighter Assault has been the most neglected aspect of the game since launch. Arcade has gotten 2 new modes, 10 new maps, and upgrades like having all Star Cards , Weapons, and Weapon Mods unlocked for offline.

Meanwhile, Starfighter Assault- which is hands-down the best game mode in Battlefront II- has only received 1 new map since launch, and 3 new Hero Ships, all of which are reskins... and aside from tweaking the health of some hero ships, they still haven't done anything about balancing any of the starfighter; like the TIE/IN Interceptor, which has been in need of an overhaul since the beta, but hasn't even been touched.

Can't argue with this, Starfighter Assault is the best of battlefront 2 hands down and it hasn't being touched since launch. But the point remains, everything they do in multiplayer should have an exact same replica in arcade (with objectives, chatter, music cues, the works). I cannot strees the importance of this enough. While this game keeps a separation between what you can play in multiplayer and what you can play in single player, IT COMES WITH AN EXPIRATION DATE!!! I didn't pay 60$+ to be unable to use the product I bought 10 years from now.

There's no request as popular as this one since Battlefront 2015... It does not make any sense... and all we get is excuses, excuses and half bake additions to arcade.

If we don't push for this it's gonna be Battlefront 2015 all over again: "here, 30% of the multiplayer content for Arcade. Now we are moving on to Battlefront 3 that will have a something similar to what you've been asking for years done poorly but not exactly what you asked :smile: - EA! because we listen..."

I mean have you seen the the AI for arcade? I don't know how they managed it but is like 10 times worst than the AI of Battlefront 2015 Skirmish... it's a step backwards. And the worst thing is that it was probably on porpuse... they made Arcade boring and incoherent on porpouse because there was no live service connected to it... and therefore no extra money. Same for the short/easy campaign. Some one somewhere inside of EA do not care about the request the fans have been making since 2015... this is why the Viceral single player game was shut down and this is why EA Battlefront 1 & 2 has been so underwhelming. This is why we don't have a game like Mass Effect set up in the Star Wars Universe and why we don't have Star Wars 1313. This is why the Battlefront games aren't mod friendly and this is why KOTOR 3, Jedi Knight 4 or Republic Commandos 2 doesn't exist... they don't want us to buy a house, they want for to buy a house and then for us to pay rent for life for the same house...

EA have had the license since 2013... that was 6 years ago... and they have 2 poorly recieved games. Let's see how many games LucasArts published in the same amount of time (6 years). From 95 to 2001:

Star Wars: Dark Forces
    Star Wars: Rebel Assault II: The Hidden Empire
    Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
    Star Wars: Yoda Stories
    Star Wars: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter
    Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
    Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi
    Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
    Star Wars: Rebellion
    Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
    Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
    Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
    Star Wars Episode I: Racer
    Star Wars: Force Commander
    Star Wars Episode I: Jedi Power Battles
    Star Wars: Demolition
    Star Wars: Episode I: Battle for Naboo
    Star Wars: Racer Arcade
    Star Wars: Starfighter
    Star Wars: Super Bombad Racing
    Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
    Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
    Star Wars: Obi-Wan

23 games some of which were not only Published but also developed by LucasArts... and of which more than half were commercial and critical success (including Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, which is in the list of "best games of all times")...

The least we should be expecting with a difference of over 20 games, is that the only 2 they have made so far, to be the most complete, rich and varied Star Wars experiences ever, not the turning point of the microtransactions controversy, the most dislike Reddit comment or a game that was almost completely abandoned because of an emergency change in monetization format.

A complete overhaul of Arcade is, in my opinion, the only way in which EA can redeem itself with the fans before even thinking of making another game under the Star Wars brand. And with the current state of the movies, the overall broken fandom, and the cultural and political war that the franchise has become, this cannot come too soon.

Well... at least that's my take on it.

100% agree with the complete arcade overhaul and the need to keep asking until Arcade is oerhauled, or the devs say no.

Is the least they can, do. I mean the last "well" recieved Star Wars game was Force unleashed 2 back in 2010... in 9 years we only had these 2 games... 2 Battlefronts... the 2015 BF is dead and this one was filled with controversy and bad press. Giving the players what they've been asking for since 2015 should be their first and only priority before doing anything else, no excuses, no "what if", no way around it. I really don't recall someone wasking for Ewok Hunt, Hero Showdow or any of the things they have put resource into until now.

Even if they wnat to charge us for a 100% all content overhaul in arcade I doubt the vast mayority of us will not pay the price. Specially since the cancelation of Viceral game and the public reaction to it. It's a no brainer... I think is thime for people that knows about video games to work in the video game company called EA games.

I would pay for an Arcade overhaul.

I think the majority of the offline community would pay for an Arcade overhaul. It's just unfortunate that EA never bothered to give the community that option.
  • Has Ben returned from his vacation? It would be nice to know when he returns ... so, in certain posts, he could go back to talking about the Arcade situation and giving some clues about new things (such as Offline Conquest, AI Heroes ...)
  • Blazur
    4453 posts Member
    SAM4XE wrote: »
    It's just unfortunate that EA never bothered to give the community that option.

Nah, it really isn't. It would be unfortunate if they dedicated what seems like limited resources towards something 1% of the community cares about.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Rax
    22 posts Member
    Blazur wrote: »

Nah, it really isn't. It would be unfortunate if they dedicated what seems like limited resources towards something 1% of the community cares about.

Or worse, something 100% of the community couldn't enjoy once the servers go down.

1%? It really seems like more than 1% of the community wants Arcade expansions. I have no doubt that multiplayer is the priority, but it's obvious that people want a lot more single player content added.
  • SAM4XE
    248 posts Member
    edited January 7

1% of the community? I see you're still trying to convince gamers that no one cares about offline and you're confident you are right.

cts8umt2ee6i.gif
    Post edited by SAM4XE on
  • Has Ben returned from his vacation? It would be nice to know when he returns ... so, in certain posts, he could go back to talking about the Arcade situation and giving some clues about new things (such as Offline Conquest, AI Heroes ...)

He is back, keep trying to get some infos 😀👍🥳
  • Blazur
    4453 posts Member
    slarlac249 wrote: »
    MP only sucks.

Incorrect...the game sold pretty well with it being predominantly MP. Any gamer with an ear to the ground know's there's plenty of demand for them.

We're over a year out and you guys are still maintaining hope just for scraps. There's nothing even on the roadmap that's SP related.
  • DarthRuan123
    63 posts Member
    edited January 7
    MP only sucks.

Incorrect...the game sold pretty well with it being predominantly MP. Any gamer with an ear to the ground know's there's plenty of demand for them.

We're over a year out and you guys are still maintaining hope just for scraps. There's nothing even on the roadmap that's SP related.

There's nothing in the script YET ... they've confirmed more offline modes, which is great ... man, if you do not like offline, do not play! Understand that there are people who play and respect this! The game is made for everyone, not only online players, also understand that they will not be based on ONE person who does not want, they rely on the greatest number! Look at the reviews and compare the number of comments in favor of face offline modes! Just do not play offline, stop spoiling the hopes of those who want offline! It might not come out on a main script, but in a broadcast! ... put yourself in your place with online multiplayer, and stop judging who play offline!
  • Blazur
    4453 posts Member
    stop spoiling the hopes of those who want offline! It might not come out on a main script, but in a broadcast! ... put yourself in your place with online multiplayer, and stop judging who play offline!

Spoiling your hopes? I'm telling it to you how it is. There's little hope for you.
    stop spoiling the hopes of those who want offline! It might not come out on a main script, but in a broadcast! ... put yourself in your place with online multiplayer, and stop judging who play offline!

Spoiling your hopes? I'm telling it to you how it is. There's little hope for you.

I know they can be few (of course, I'm a bit frustrated with this) but it can still happen, even though it's just a TeamDeathMatch for bigger maps ... I do not want you to get it wrong, I do not want to get into fights, I'm just asking you to stop a bit of bad talk from offline, so we'll keep that little hope until offline comes ... when I arrive, I'll be satisfied
  • Blazur
    4453 posts Member
    I do not want you to get it wrong, I do not want to get into fights, I'm just asking you to stop a bit of bad talk from offline, so we'll keep that little hope until offline comes

Your request for a safe space is denied. Embrace the future or return to classic Battlefront II where offline was still relevant.
    I do not want you to get it wrong, I do not want to get into fights, I'm just asking you to stop a bit of bad talk from offline, so we'll keep that little hope until offline comes

Your request for a safe space is denied. Embrace the future or return to classic Battlefront II where offline was still relevant.

I love the classics ... but we'll see if the offline requests for the new Battlefront 2 will be "denied" or, as has already been confirmed, offline will get more attention ... just one more question, if AI were good you'd more content offline?
  • Blazur
    4453 posts Member
    just one more question, if AI were good you'd more content offline?

Skirmish? Heck no...that's about as boring as it gets.

An objective based co-op mode might be interesting, though. Something similar to frontier defense in Titanfall. I'd even take missions 2.0 over lame skirmish.

I think most of you guys are probably just console players who are just mad you can't play your game without paying more money. If you have poor Internet then you've got no excuse. If you don't enjoy MP then frankly you shouldn't have bought this game and only have yourselves to blame.

Hey, but at least you've still got those decade old classics to fall back on!

An objective based co-op mode might be interesting, though. Something similar to frontier defense in Titanfall. I'd even take missions 2.0 over lame skirmish.

I think most of you guys are probably just console players who are just mad you can't play your game without paying more money. If you have poor Internet then you've got no excuse. If you don't enjoy MP then frankly you shouldn't have bought this game and only have yourselves to blame.

In fact, my case is quite different ... I have access to the MP and my internet is not a bit weak, but I do not like MP ... but they will bring more offline modes, Ben himself confirmed this ... I will be waiting for this moment to arrive, and who did not want offline is just not to play
  • Thankfully, my 5 year old son loves this game. We play 2-player arcade all the time. If I didn't have him to play this game with, i would probably barely touch it.
  • F8RGE said in February we will be getting a few Community transmissions So One for Anakin one for the new game mode and unless we get the roadmap this month I imagine we could see the arcade update transmission. Which makes sense I imagine they'd do arcade after the new game mode and Anakin is released.

Here's Hoping.
  • I wish they gonna add the new large game mod in arcade o:) o:)

I would love an update on Arcade content, especially AI heroes.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.

In fact, my case is quite different ... I have access to the MP and my internet is not a bit weak, but I do not like MP ... but they will bring more offline modes, Ben himself confirmed this ... I will be waiting for this moment to arrive, and who did not want offline is just not to play

IMO, couch co-op is so much better than online because face to face interactions are much better than online interactions. The most fun I had with video games in a long time was playing Super Smash Bros Ultimate in 7 player local mp.

I am thankful that we have Skirmish in 2015, Arcade in this game, and that more Arcade content is in the works.

hmmm... 1% of the community. Let's put that to the test:

SoloPlayer Matters was the single most commented and viewed thread in BF 2015, and became a trending in twitter to the point that John Boyega himself commented on it.

Skirmish/Offline Content IS the most viewed AND commented thread in BF 2 forum (173.7K and 4K) funny thing about the forum is that the thread that people don't care about died within the week, they never stay alive, literaly never. So I think the numbers and facts don't align with you "1%" theory. In here YOU are the 1% my friend.

So why don't you go with the rest of shills that defend anything Star Wars no matter how poorly made is it, and and let us have a discussion about the underwhelming state of the arcade aspect of the game? Heck, your constant trolling help to keep this thread very much alive so... your position is self defeating lol... so go rewatch TLJ and embrace the future with Holdo and the other poorly written characters, if your theory is true, this thread would be dead by the time you come back.

Your request for a safe space is denied. Facts do not care about your feelings ;)

Don't know about the others, but I only see one possible console pesant in this conversation and it is you... no oldschool PC player would applaude or condone this kind of mediocrity from a AAA company, and much less from a Star Wars game not after years of consistent quality, several genres covert and even improved and more than 3 to 4 games per years under LucasArts.

Heck in 5 years all that EA has been capable of producing are 2 badly revieved games and a bunch of press controversy lol... THE FUTURE!

You can lower your standards and embrace the mediocre future yourself, some of us still have artistic and technical criteria.

God how I missed fighting with you Blazur, please never change :smile:
    MP only sucks.

Once again wrong my friend... just like anything Star Wars since the Disney fiasco, The Battlefront franchise is on its way to doom... just like SOLO after the dreadfull TLJ and just like the cheap Resistance series... in a freemarket lying is pretty useless, the numbers always proove what the people really want :wink:

https://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-battlefront-2-isnt-hitting-sales-targets-in-game-sales-returning-soon/
    https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-01-31-star-wars-battlefront-2-disappoints-with-over-7-million-sold
    https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/30/16952396/star-wars-battlefront-2-sales-loot-boxes-returning
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2018/01/30/ea-star-wars-battlefront-2-misses-sales-expectations/#74be8b017977

LOL... not even the shill hypocrites from Forbes and Polygon deffend your argument, and this guys usualy try to disproof gravity when it comes to Star Wars :blush:. Hey maybe you can get a gig there if you keep denying the truth, they love that kind of stuff.

• Blazur
    4453 posts Member
    Once again wrong my friend... just like anything Star Wars since the Disney fiasco, The Battlefront franchise is on its way to doom... just like SOLO after the dreadfull TLJ and just like the cheap Resistance series... in a freemarket lying is pretty useless, the numbers always proove what the people really want :wink:

The game sold so well it even convinced the 1% of their audience that doesn't even care about not being their target audience. That's how powerful the franchise is. It doesn't matter if people enjoy the core principle behind this game, there's an armada or suckers willing to throw money at a game just because Star Wars and history.

You boast this being the single largest thread, when in reality it's filled with numerous people who should be shamed for buying a game they don't enjoy or can't play. That's nothing to brag about. You all, ironically, funded a game that doesn't cater to you. So thank you for that. Please buy the next game also so DICE can continue development. I should thank every one of you in this thread for your continued support. Why bother with microtransactions when DICE just has to but "Battlefront" on the label and countless players will buy it and never even play the game for what it's meant to be.

Who are you again?
  • Foxdie491
    1462 posts Member
    edited January 8

The game sold so well that 1% of their audience still bought the game despite not caring about the core focus whatsoever. That just shows you how powerful the brand is.

And you boast that this is the single largest thread on the forums, when reality it's full of people who should probably be shamed for buying a game they don't enjoy. How many of you have written, in this very thread, "I don't enjoy MP". And yet here you are funding a game that's focused on MP. I should be thanking each of you for your continued support and proving how successful these kinds of games truly are. Despite what the 1% doom and gloomers choose to prophesize.
    Heck in 5 years all that EA has been capable of producing are 2 badly revieved games and a bunch of press controversy lol... THE FUTURE!

I have to ask...if that's how you feel why did you buy the game not once but twice? Never mind don't answer, I've read enough excuses by now.

You'll buy the next one too...I have no doubts. So again thank you. I'm not mad or disappointed in any of you. In fact I appreciate your continued support to prove that DICE and Battlefront will sell to anybody. Even the 1%.

Being wrong is kind of a nag of you I see. Can't speak for anybody else, but I personaly don't think MP sucks, however, with the lag of server browser, private match, and underwhelming Single Player content support, this game is doom to live only for as long as EA is whiling to pay for the servers (none of this information was not available before realease in any of the cases.), which in return examplify that you are whiling to let them scam you quietly and without comments, while others have the courage to speak their minds and demand their money's worth for the product they bought.

About "EA selling to everyone no matter what" again you are wrong. I proudly only have 3 EA games on my origin account (against 200+ on my steam account): 2 Battlefronts and Battlefield 3 which I didn't even bought myself, but was a gift from a friend... and even if I cannot comment on that last one since I've never played it (nothing agains battlefield, but after 5 years of online COD, my taste for that particular format is more than low), I can say for sure that the reason most Star Wars fans bought this games blindly dispite the horrible track recdord of EA (several times winner of worst company in USA) is obvious. For the first battlefront was a blind gamble for most fans, after more than half a decade without a single Star Wars game. As for the second is a no brainer, EA was new to the Star Wars gaming community and was doomed to make mistakes the first time around, so some endulgency was in order, plus their very strong campaing about how they were listening to the community, and making a better product for the sequel was at the time quite convincing, even if in the end they failed to deliver. EA games knows how to lie, that's a fact at this point.

As for the "you well buy the third game no matter what" you are again out of luck. The battlefront franchise is beyond saving by now and the Respawn game is one that will probably fail in preorder (just like Battlefield V after the SJW **** and the demonization of fans), as most Star Wars fans will stay cautious about this particular company. If that game fail to get good word of mouth praise after launch, I personaly have no problem waiting until 2021 when this wreck of a contract is finally over.

I came here with numbers, facts, and sale reports, you came with nothing but big words a no anwser to half of my inqueries, and as usual your lack of evidence and solid material, made the support of your arguments non-existent and void. Leaving exposed as someoen that is blindly defending a situation just for the sake of defending it.

Again, some of us still have the capability of critical thinking, so if you don't I really don't see why you waste your time in this particular thread, I mean I know that liberal, shill, privilage american have a lot of free time on their hands and love to enter arguments about subjects they barely understand, but this is overkilling it. Wouldn't you agree?
  • It's a good thing that we've all change our opinions after 3 years of arguing about the same topics... oh wait. At least these arguments provide some entertainment though which, when added to the entertainment provided by the last two games, almost equals... I don't know, maybe 50% of one single real game? I mean, that's why Blazur is here, right? Either he can't get into any game lobbies or he's bored of playing, so he hops on the forums to stir the pot.
  • Any new news from the devs regarding Arcade content?

The game sold so well it even convinced the 1% of their audience that doesn't even care about not being their target audience. That's how powerful the franchise is. It doesn't matter if people enjoy the core principle behind this game, there's an armada or suckers willing to throw money at a game just because Star Wars and history.

You boast this being the single largest thread, when in reality it's filled with numerous people who should be shamed for buying a game they don't enjoy or can't play. That's nothing to brag about. You all, ironically, funded a game that doesn't cater to you. So thank you for that. Please buy the next game also so DICE can continue development. I should thank every one of you in this thread for your continued support. Why bother with microtransactions when DICE just has to but "Battlefront" on the label and countless players will buy it and never even play the game for what it's meant to be.

Who are you again?

We only purchased the game thinking it might be better than bf2015, and it wasn't and still isn't, simply because DICE continue their MP is everything focus, they did it with battlefield and are still doing it with that series and battlefront.

no mod support
    no free way of creating your own server online or via lan
    no bot play on mp maps / modes
    only thing they decided to start doing again but only on battlefield was a server browser after the battlelog hate.
    still no server browser for battlefront......

If anyone's to blame it's the ones that purchase these games on pre-order and on launch day.

This is why we keep getting crap games, because of the large number of players who seem to prefer cinematic graphics over gameplay and content. Sure it looks like the movies but it sure doesn't play like them in terms of what you can do.

What we want is the the kind of maps and modes from the old games in the one we have now.

Best of both worlds.

I honestly don't know how some of you continue to play when it's not even close to being a battlefront game. it's still somewhere between battlefield and generic tps/fps.
  • IronSoldier
    2692 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Look. I've removed posts. Then removed posts talking about removed posts. The cycle could continue. On topic thread discussion please.
  • Blazur
    4453 posts Member
    We only purchased the game thinking it might be better than bf2015, and it wasn't and still isn't, simply because DICE continue their MP is everything focus, they did it with battlefield and are still doing it with that series and battlefront.

All due respect...but you should probably stop buying games for what they could be and instead buy them for what they are. The writing was on the wall well ahead of launch. You can't play the victim card when that's what your buying habits are.
  • give it a rest man.

You only care about mp, why are you even in this thread?

• Maytheforcebewithyou
    976 posts Member
    edited January 8
    I usually don't play hvV but now I want a arcade offline hero ai mode so desperately.

The banter between the light and dark side is really immersive.

I want playable creatures an ewok hunt mode for arcade offline.

It's more or less confirmed that Geonosis is coming to Arcade this month. The only part of the map that wasn't finished in December was the AI having the wrong names.

Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter

It's more or less confirmed that Geonosis is coming to Arcade this month. The only part of the map that wasn't finished in December was the AI having the wrong names.

And more Arcade content this year os confirmed...I really hope a big mode with big maps for Arcade

And more Arcade content this year os confirmed...I really hope a big mode with big maps for Arcade

The large-scale mode with troopers and vehicles for Arcade was confirmed by Dennis to still be in development as of November, so yes, that is still coming this year. This mode was first announced in February, but Dennis said it has taken longer for them to finish than they would've liked. F8RGE also confirmed fan's suspicion that fixing the progression system took up much of their time, but now that that's out of the way, they can focus more on delivering content across the board.

Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • slarlac249 wrote: »

Battlefront 2 is definetly an improvement over BF 2015, that's for sure, it just an underwhelming, poorly implemented improvement, but saying is not better is just insane. Twice the content, more Single player, space combat at launch, classes, progression and 3 different eras... I mean just from a matemathical point of view is several times the game that BF 2015 was.
    All due respect...but you should probably stop buying games for what they could be and instead buy them for what they are. The writing was on the wall well ahead of launch. You can't play the victim card when that's what your buying habits are.

The writing on the wall argument is a void one (what a surprise...), again you fail miserably to support your claims with actual data, articles, or any form of facts... Battlefront 2 was advertised as a hybrid of MP and SP, with a campaign (which they failed to mention only lasted a couple of hours) and an Arcade costumizable mode (which they failed to mention was bare bones limited and extremly boring. Nothing more that a scam to bring back detractors of the first game and supporters of the old Battlefronts made by pandemic). At this point you are just a caricature of an apologist... incapable of see reason or good arguments.

The fact is that EA was carefull to reveal as little as possible before launch (microtransactions included), as they new that the controversial DLC model of the first Battlefront was gonna be replaced by the freemium model of mobile games without the free part, they new the campaign was short and formulaic and nothing more than an incompleted addendum to the game multiplayer live-service model, and they knew Arcade was a complete joke, made only to fool players into pre-ordering and early buys... and the whole thing exploded in their faces shortly before launch. As the beta revealed the premium currency, the lenght of the campaing was leaked and the poor state Arcade was uncovered by modders.

After that was just an spiral of bad press, from the statement against single player made by EA's CFO, that resulted in the whole gaming industry laughing at EA in the game awards, to the Reddit legendary comment of "sense of pride an accomplishment" that has became a meme since it's dreadfull birth.

Then just came the poor desicions, the fast change over the progression system that was based around real cash now left as an inssuferable grind, and the reduction of the work force in a game that was promised as a live-sevice, leaving the skeleton crew of devs that remained, ill equiped to meet the fanbase expectations.

For EA, this concluded in a complete lack of new games using the most valiable IP of the world at the time (due to the high risk after failing to immpress hardcore and casual fans and 2 failed products), and a hard drop in EA stocks value... add to this the lackluster reception of the last 2 films due to identity politics, and Battlefront 2 is nothing short of a catastrophy from a busines point of view. Now EA is holding the most expensive, explosive and dangerous bag of poison know to the entertaiment industry. And it was a storm that came just 7 days after EA gambled hard to secure the future of the IP:

https://nordic.businessinsider.com/ea-buys-respawn-star-wars-titanfall-2017-11/

As you probably won't take the time to read it and inform yourself a little, here's the meat of the article: "EA is buying Respawn Entertainment for $455 million - a move aimed at securing the future of EA's license to make games based on the "Star Wars" franchise... ..."Star Wars Battlefront 2," launches on November 17 "

All these are not some imaginary thing that we came up with, this information was covered and recorded in videos, interviews, reddit, the forums, twitter and several media outlets both independent and mainstream. So yo can try to twist and spin the narrative, and put the blame in the "uninformed customers" all you want, but you're still as far from the truth as one can possibly be.

Once again (in case you are choosing to ignore my past counter-arguments) the facts just don't support any of your fabricated points, is just that simple.
  • @Blazur and in case you didn't notice, this thread only objective is to give these overwhelmed devs valiable feedback and ideas, about how they could salvage the most requested aspect of the game, in order to keep the player base and hopefully gain some good press and word of mouth. So the only one making thinks hard for both players and devs in this thread is you my friend.
  • Hey, off topic question. Does the multiplayer matchmaking system sort people into tiers based on k/d ratio or whatever? If so I think I may have finally played enough games for it to boot me down to the lowest tier! The games I've been in the last couple days have actually not been instadeath (for me), aimbot filled ridiculousness. I've been seeing a lot of opponents who might just have reaction time/aim ability as bad as mine, and they aren't bunny hopping and wiggling their way across the map!
    If we could just get the dream of dreams (big mode with big maps in arcade), I think I could have this experience all the time. Plus we'd be able to pause the game to go to the bathroom, or wander around for a minute just to get out of the computer chair and stretch, or refill the drink!
  • slarlac249
    96 posts Member
    edited January 9

Battlefront 2 is definetly an improvement over BF 2015, that's for sure, it just an underwhelming, poorly implemented improvement, but saying is not better is just insane. Twice the content, more Single player, space combat at launch, classes, progression and 3 different eras... I mean just from a matemathical point of view is several times the game that BF 2015 was.

True, the game was/is an improvement but still not battlefront, imo of course.

GA is nothing like the good old Conquest with control point capture. It plays like the crappy Rush mode from battlefield.
    It's open with more freedom, GA just funnels you from objective to objective.

SFA is just boring as it's just Deathmatch in space, i have no problem with DM as i like Blast, being an old fan on quake, ut etc. You expect a classic DM mode in a shooter, so no issues there. However the space deathmatch is just boring as you just fly around in circles shooting each other. It needs some large hulks of destroyed ships to dog fight in and out of, like the scene from TFA where the falcon flys through the super star destroyer wreck.

haven't played ewok hunt, not really interested.

Things i miss the most;

conquest on EVERY map.
    jumping in vehicle and taking off, no cutscene or token nonsense.
    landing and getting out of vehicle.
    driving an AT-AT that wasn't on rails
    first person views on all vehicles

The only thing i don't miss was the low quality graphics for space battles, i wish factor 5 had done the visuals back then.

GRW is holding my attention right now, reminds me a bit of FC1/Crysis at times with the sneaking around, picking off enemies but it so much better because of the map size, it's like several maps in one, desert, snow, some tropical looking areas, jungle, forest etc...biggest and most open game i've ever played.

can't be bothered to touch battlefront 2 right now as it's just not exciting enough to play more than a few minutes, the maps are too small on arcade, there's no objectives, you can't go first person on heroes, there's no vehicles in arcade except flying on sfa, but there's no landing anywhere and fighting on foot for a bit, no captial ships to destroy, no conquest, no offline mp etc etc

completed the repetitive battles which played the same as 2015 but without the stupid tokens
    barely touched sfa as all the maps played the same fly around shoot shoot shoot...
    completed half the campaign but it wasn't holding my attention, the missions were very hit and miss, i thought the luke one with the caves was just terrible with the pause to defeat waves of lame bugs, talk about definition of lazy level design.

Every frostbite game plays like a tech demo, it may look like it has gameplay, but when you look closer, it's more like a demo, this is why i ceased playing battlefield as dice can't be bothered to do a proper game which has the stuff that made battlefield.....battlefield, just like they refuse to do a battlefront that is battlefront.

At the moement it is battlefront only in name, and that's how i see it.

p.s i didn't purchase this game at lanuch, but rather later when it was dirt cheap, i knew it was going to be better than 2015 but was shocked how much it hadn't improved and how they forgot to add skirmish.

also;

jca8v143gfeh.jpg
    sigh...if that's what excites players, in the voice of C3PO, wer'e doomed.

I used to spend hours on battlefront and battlefield, how times have changed. Nowadays it's more emotes please!!!! more character customization please!!! OMG THE GRAPHICS!!! When a few years back it used to much different. I personally hate star cards, i'd rather just have a class and a choose weapons and leave it at that. why do we need all the extra crud?
    Post edited by slarlac249 on
  • Foxdie491
    1462 posts Member
    edited January 9

True, the game was/is an improvement but still not battlefront, imo of course.

GA is nothing like the good old Conquest with control point capture. It plays like the crappy Rush mode from battlefield.
    It's open with more freedom, GA just funnels you from objective to objective.

SFA is just boring as it's just Deathmatch in space, i have no problem with DM as i like Blast, being an old fan on quake, ut etc. You expect a classic DM mode in a shooter, so no issues there. However the space deathmatch is just boring as you just fly around in circles shooting each other. It needs some large hulks of destroyed ships to dog fight in and out of, like the scene from TFA where the falcon flys through the super star destroyer wreck.

haven't played ewok hunt, not really interested.

Things i miss the most;

conquest on EVERY map.
    jumping in vehicle and taking off, no cutscene or token nonsense.
    landing and getting out of vehicle.
    driving an AT-AT that wasn't on rails
    first person views on all vehicles

The only thing i don't miss was the low quality graphics for space battles, i wish factor 5 had done the visuals back then.

GRW is holding my attention right now, reminds me a bit of FC1/Crysis at times with the sneaking around, picking off enemies but it so much better because of the map size, it's like several maps in one, desert, snow, some tropical looking areas, jungle, forest etc...biggest and most open game i've ever played.

can't be bothered to touch battlefront 2 right now as it's just not exciting enough to play more than a few minutes, the maps are too small on arcade, there's no objectives, you can't go first person on heroes, there's no vehicles in arcade except flying on sfa, but there's no landing anywhere and fighting on foot for a bit, no captial ships to destroy, no conquest, no offline mp etc etc

completed the repetitive battles which played the same as 2015 but without the stupid tokens
    barely touched sfa as all the maps played the same fly around shoot shoot shoot...
    completed half the campaign but it wasn't holding my attention, the missions were very hit and miss, i thought the luke one with the caves was just terrible with the pause to defeat waves of lame bugs, talk about definition of lazy level design.

Every frostbite game plays like a tech demo, it may look like it has gameplay, but when you look closer, it's more like a demo, this is why i ceased playing battlefield as dice can't be bothered to do a proper game which has the stuff that made battlefield.....battlefield, just like they refuse to do a battlefront that is battlefront.

At the moement it is battlefront only in name, and that's how i see it.

p.s i didn't purchase this game at lanuch, but rather later when it was dirt cheap, i knew it was going to be better than 2015 but was shocked how much it hadn't improved and how they forgot to add skirmish.

also;

jca8v143gfeh.jpg
    sigh...if that's what excites players, in the voice of C3PO, wer'e doomed.

I used to spend hours on battlefront and battlefield, how times have changed. Nowadays it's more emotes please!!!! more character customization please!!! OMG THE GRAPHICS!!! When a few years back it used to much different. I personally hate star cards, i'd rather just have a class and a choose weapons and leave it at that. why do we need all the extra crud?

Ouch... well yeah, this is the kind of things that hurt... seeing a moderator celebrating for that kind of excuse for content is really sad... and 100% agree with you about the tech demo ideocincracy behind the frostbite engine. Good graphic does not equal to good game. good game can exist without goodgraphics, not the other way around. Ask Undertale.

That sad thing here is that EA/DICE has the resources to do both, but they choose not to do it. Isntead giving a little piece at a time istead of a fully realised vision.
  • slarlac249
    96 posts Member
    edited January 9
    Thankfully we at least have the frosty editor / mod manager to play (to some degree) how we the player want, but only on games that are supported, and even then it's pretty pointless for games like bf4 as it has no offline mp and a completely forgettable campaign, same goes for bf1, v and hl.

I can tell you guys that bf2015 and this game play so much easier and look better without all the "art" stuff. I can't imagine playing them without the mods now and best of all no bans online as it doesn't touch game files, you just end up with a mod folder than forces the game to load the modded content instead.

and no, you can't mod the game to cheat, it's strictly for enhancing the game.

I'm not touching this game much till some decent content is added if / when that actually happens..nobody knows.

conquest + captial ship takedowns in arcade or uninstall time.

The devs are working on a big mode I look forward to playing it. My any info comment was to see if Ben had said when they will reveal more info on the content, sorry for the confusion. I was also hoping to get the topic focused back on arcade content as it seemed if it was going to derail into arguments.