criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Skirmish/Offline Content

Replies

• Aryck-The-One
    1619 posts Member
    edited February 1
    slarlac249 wrote: »
    if swbf2 beta had skirmish, why is there no skirmish in the final product? unless skirmish is just what the tdm modes are.

skirmish in swbf 2015 was walker assault, yet there's no walker assault in swbf2 arcade.

Skirmish was a placeholder name for Arcade prior to launch. Also, there's no Walker Assault in SWBF2's online multiplayer either. Galactic Assault doesn't use any of the mechanics of Walker Assault; namely the uplink stations and AI Y-Wing strikes.

Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Skirmish mode was introduced during the beta. All AI names changed 4 launch (clones along with droids). The AI names in the beta r currently in starfighter arcade. If they're introducing fantasy battles, the names in starfighter and beta could be reused. The reason they changed arcade menu might of been adding much more space 2 customize your experiences. Fantasy battles was said to be larger than skirmish. It was datamined from the beta also.
  • Skirmish mode was introduced during the beta. All AI names changed 4 launch (clones along with droids). The AI names in the beta r currently in starfighter arcade. If they're introducing fantasy battles, the names in starfighter and beta could be reused. The reason they changed arcade menu might of been adding much more space 2 customize your experiences. Fantasy battles was said to be larger than skirmish. It was datamined from the beta also.

Fantasy Battles? Is this in the archives? What would that be?

This was found in the files beta. All in the offlines files. Just reminding everyone. Of course it could've been scrapped earlier in developing.eglkb7wwwrh3.png
    ndui5eyd5xp4.png
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1332 posts Member
    edited February 2
    Skirmish mode was introduced during the beta. All AI names changed 4 launch (clones along with droids). The AI names in the beta r currently in starfighter arcade. If they're introducing fantasy battles, the names in starfighter and beta could be reused. The reason they changed arcade menu might of been adding much more space 2 customize your experiences. Fantasy battles was said to be larger than skirmish. It was datamined from the beta also.

Could be the Scenarios. The devs never announced them. The Devs announced an "improved" Skirmish which was renamed "Arcade". They are still working on this.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.

Could be the Scenarios. The devs never announced them. The Devs announced an "improved" Skirmish which was renamed "Arcade". They are still working on this.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure DICE clarified a while back that everything related to "fantasybattles" was just placeholder.

I don't know why we're bringing up these files, since they're over a year old now, and the devs have already said that a large-scale mode for Arcade is in the works, and these files can't really tell us anything about what they're working on now.

• The AI now is dumb as rocks. I don't even bother with arcare much these days. It's to easy and not engaging. I think DICE should make a small step and add some fixes to this. As it is quite clear that the weekend events are not for everybody they could provide a distraction with arcade instead of people just playing other games.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    The AI now is dumb as rocks. I don't even bother with arcare much these days. It's to easy and not engaging. I think DICE should make a small step and add some fixes to this. As it is quite clear that the weekend events are not for everybody they could provide a distraction with arcade instead of people just playing other games.

Correct ... I think they should improve the AI ​​a bit more for the large scale mode for Arcade ... I think the change in the menu's visual (which can give you more options) can help if we had AI too of heroes of reinforcements in the great way, would be much cooler
  • DarthRuan123
    174 posts Member
    edited February 3
    Changing a little matter, you think that will have AI in the new multiplayer mode, as in Starfighter Assault?
    The AI now is dumb as rocks. I don't even bother with arcare much these days. It's to easy and not engaging. I think DICE should make a small step and add some fixes to this. As it is quite clear that the weekend events are not for everybody they could provide a distraction with arcade instead of people just playing other games.
    The AI in this game was much more entertaining during beta. The AI was programmed 2 use other weapons the players could use. Stinger pistol, vanguard, scramble infiltration(ee4), impact grenade. Did melee and could use scan dart. AI in the beta were referred as player in kill feed. The AI had different names in the beta. They r in starfighter arcade. Clones and separatists. AI played closer 2 real players more lethal, like they were in large battle. spammed grenades. I think they'll bring all this in again in larger arcade. I have videos of AI doing all of this 2.
    The AI in this game was much more entertaining during beta. The AI was programmed 2 use other weapons the players could use. Stinger pistol, vanguard, scramble infiltration(ee4), impact grenade. Did melee and could use scan dart. AI in the beta were referred as player in kill feed. The AI had different names in the beta. They r in starfighter arcade. Clones and separatists. AI played closer 2 real players more lethal, like they were in large battle. spammed grenades. I think they'll bring all this in again in larger arcade. I have videos of AI doing all of this 2.

Damn it! I just saw a video of Arcade in Beta ... AI really used Vanguard, Stinger Pistol and other weapons ... I do not understand why they removed it! As a theory: The AI ​​we play now is proper for Team Battle, and they may be guarding the AI ​​from Beta to large-scale Arcade mode ... can you post the Beta videos you mentioned?

Damn it! I just saw a video of Arcade in Beta ... AI really used Vanguard, Stinger Pistol and other weapons ... I do not understand why they removed it! As a theory: The AI ​​we play now is proper for Team Battle, and they may be guarding the AI ​​from Beta to large-scale Arcade mode ... can you post the Beta videos you mentioned?
    EE4

EE4

EE4

Cool! Do you have more?

Jaylon D. Harvey (@HarveyJaylon) Tweeted:
    #PS4share

https://t.co/wqbaXJpolR https://t.co/wVNvk6BwJ3
  • SAM4XE
    318 posts Member
    edited February 3
    Even I've been noticing some subtle improvements to the infantry and also Starfighter Ai in recent patches. Infantry bots are playing more tactically as a unit and Starfighter bots accuracy has been slightly improved. Either they're gradually prepping the Ai for upcoming improved modes or they've been trolling the offline community for the last 12 months.

EE4

Cool! Do you have more?

• I also realized that AI was much more aggressive, always firing
    Grenade spam
    Impact grenade

Impact grenade
    Re-upload: Aggressiveness
  • AirOwielder
    59 posts Member
    edited February 4
    I was playing campaign. AI is being updated.
    Post edited by AirOwielder on
  • SAM4XE wrote: »
    Even I've been noticing some subtle improvements to the infantry and also Starfighter Ai in recent patches. Infantry bots are playing more tactically as a unit and Starfighter bots accuracy has been slightly improved. Either they're gradually prepping the Ai for upcoming improved modes or they've been trolling the offline community for the last 12 months.

Hopefully, it is for the objectives in our large mode.
    CeymalRen wrote: »

Correct ... I think they should improve the AI ​​a bit more for the large scale mode for Arcade ... I think the change in the menu's visual (which can give you more options) can help if we had AI too of heroes of reinforcements in the great way, would be much cooler

I'd love to see this.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • AirOwielder
    59 posts Member
    edited February 4
  • AI heavy can use barrage ability. Got killed twice.

• Has anyone noticed that the new game mode is not in the calendar? Has it been delayed for another month? If so, it may come with the new Arcade mode
  • Has anyone noticed that the new game mode is not in the calendar? Has it been delayed for another month? If so, it may come with the new Arcade mode

I think the new arcade would be may or later. May is anniversary of Solo film and we had gotten starfighters in arcade mode in May. Large scale arcade has 2 have finished got delayed so much.

I think the new arcade would be may or later. May is anniversary of Solo film and we had gotten starfighters in arcade mode in May. Large scale arcade has 2 have finished got delayed so much.

It is quite possible ... I really expected it to arrive this month or next month, but if it really comes in May, it will be worth the wait
  • I hope that the updates to Clone Trooper Appearances coming this month are also applied to the AI Clone Troopers in Arcade, on both Naboo and Kashyyyk; which is to say, have all the Phase 2 Clones use the plain white armor, and convert the Clone Officer to use the new Armored Officer skin, which I believe is going to be made the default in all game modes.

• Something has 2 be on its way to Arcade soon with the AI tweaking and the menu change.
  • Something has 2 be on its way to Arcade soon with the AI tweaking and the menu change.

For the hundredth time, there is a large-scale game mode for Arcade in the works. So yes, something is on the way. We just don't know exactly when. I'm sure Dennis and F8RGE will share more when they have something more concrete.

Just don't expect it to appear on the roadmap. Arcade content never appears on the roadmap.

• ELIMELECH0401
    1332 posts Member
    edited February 5
    I hope that the updates to Clone Trooper Appearances coming this month are also applied to the AI Clone Troopers in Arcade, on both Naboo and Kashyyyk; which is to say, have all the Phase 2 Clones use the plain white armor, and convert the Clone Officer to use the new Armored Officer skin, which I believe is going to be made the default in all game modes.

On the topic of skins, I'd like an option for player 2 in split screen as well as an option to change the AI's skin.
  • If the new large-scale multiplayer mode is delayed, it will be bad for Arcade, as they also delayed large-scale offline mode
  • I hope that the updates to Clone Trooper Appearances coming this month are also applied to the AI Clone Troopers in Arcade, on both Naboo and Kashyyyk; which is to say, have all the Phase 2 Clones use the plain white armor, and convert the Clone Officer to use the new Armored Officer skin, which I believe is going to be made the default in all game modes.

On the topic of skins, I'd like an option for player 2 in split screen as well as an option to change the AI's skin.

They could always add an option to customization menu to let you change which Clone Legion appearance the AI is using...

• F8rge on reddit today:
    "Arcade Content: As with a lot of things, we've had to focus on other areas with the team that we've got."
  • Loyaavod wrote: »
    F8rge on reddit today:
    "Arcade Content: As with a lot of things, we've had to focus on other areas with the team that we've got."

I read this ... but, I did not understand the meaning of his words ... someone who understood can explain?
  • slarlac249
    149 posts Member
    edited February 8
    right that does it.... **** this and future EA games.

why have they had to focus on other areas? sounds like the team they have is only interested in mp.

everyone interested in sp should now mass uninstall this game as it's a big waste of space.

That quote pretty much says it all.

"we can't be poodoo to do arcade content so f u all"

think i've wasted enough "hope" on this game, time to concentrate on other stuff....enjoy the endless wait for bugger all.
    Proud EX-Member of MordorHQ (RIP) A.K.A EA UK Forums (RIP)
  • I think he said that because the main focus is multiplayer ... but he's already said that other times, and it does not mean they're working on an Arcade content (which they really are, even if it's a small team) .. It should be noted that Ben commented on the same page on weapons, reinforcements, private matches ...
  • Best thing about what F8RGE said was they haven't cancelled it they just cant have everyone work on it for arcade. Which to me says we will get arcade after the new game mode since I imagine thats the biggest addition to the game. I am fine with that and I think it makes sense definitely would love them to come out and say it but you know what He didn't say it's cancelled and I am good with that.
  • slarlac249
    149 posts Member
    edited February 8
    might aswell be cancelled, been waiting since last february and still they have nothing to show for all the "supposed" work on it.

i don't get why many of you guys are ok with all the waiting when there's been no release date set, gameplay footage and no screen shots. just meaningless screen captures of reddit and twitter saying "working on it"

you can't any more generic on the responses.

The whole saga has been an utter waste of time....it's like waiting for courier to deliver something awesome you've been waiting for only to told it's lost in transit and is now out of stock.
  • Best thing about what F8RGE said was they haven't cancelled it they just cant have everyone work on it for arcade. Which to me says we will get arcade after the new game mode since I imagine thats the biggest addition to the game. I am fine with that and I think it makes sense definitely would love them to come out and say it but you know what He didn't say it's cancelled and I am good with that.

That's what it sounds like to me.
    slarlac249 wrote: »

might aswell be cancelled, been waiting since last february and still they have nothing to show for all the "supposed" work on it.

i don't get why many of you guys are ok with all the waiting when there's been no release date set, gameplay footage and no screen shots. just meaningless screen captures of reddit and twitter saying "working on it"

The whole saga has been an utter waste of time....it's like waiting for courier to deliver something awesome you've been waiting for only to told it's lost in transit and is now out of stock.

Unfortunately, it is what we have in terms of new Star Wars games right now. I think the Star Wars license is being handled like crap by EA. While I wait, I play plenty of other games.

• slarlac249 wrote: »

I don't remember getting gameplay footage or screenshots of any of the Arcade content we've gotten since launch. And we usually don't find out about the release date until the day before it comes out. We didn't get any gameplay or screenshots of Skirmish mode before it came out either, not counting what was leaked by Uninspired Zebra.

Chill out. They've obviously got their hands full right now with the new large-scale game mode, seeing as they're not even allowed to tell us whether it's been delayed or not, or even tell us what it's called. The communication for this game has been terrible all around. For now, at least we know something is in the works for Arcade. We'll probably hear more about once this latest problem is taken care of.

• disney should scrap ea star wars games and create a new lucasarts, go back to creating decent games.

sick of this crap.
  • slarlac249 wrote: »
    disney should scrap ea star wars games and create a new lucasarts, go back to creating decent games.

sick of this crap.

What they need to do is have more than one publisher or developer making Star Wars games. The fact that all Star Wars games up to this point have been under EA's umbrella is the heart of the problem; so far they've only had two major AAA releases, one of which was left in an unfinished state to work on the sequel, one mobile game, and two canceled projects.

If Disney were to allow other developers and publishers to work on Star Wars games- Activison, Ubisoft, Bethesda, Gearbox, Rockstar- it would not only give us more to look forward to, but give EA some competition and encourage them to set the bar higher.

Back in the day we had Factor 5, Pandemic, Bioware, and a half-a-dozen other developers from different publishing companies working on different and unique projects. Flying games, first and third-person shooters, squad-based shooters, real-time strategy games, third-person action/adventure games, and role-playing games. Nowadays we only have online shooters in a market that is oversaturated with online shooters. Variety is the spice of life.

• Honestly This is disgusting behavior on this forum and Reddit so negative "We have no confirmation that Arcade has been canned but we will act like it is" dont get me wrong we can be annoyed and even gutted that other content is prioritized but a while back it was said Online first then offline. Sure we have to wait but Dice know and have said they are doing offline.

Yes it sucks EA isn't giving them more resources, yes it sucks content has been pushed back. But Geez If in the end we get it then Thats great, Sure we may have to wait till smegging july or something but If we get it in the end then so be it.

One negative bit of information isn't the end of the world at all you all have life, other games, movies ETC to keep you going until they update it. Now if they announce it's cancelled then yes go crazy but all we were told is certain content comes first which we knew.

I'd say after the new game mode and Anakin and everything else, Arcade content would be a certain or a higher priority that it is now. Sure the waiting sucks and EA should of given DIce more resources and a longer cycle for BF2 and DIce should of prioritized more time to offline. But we cant just become a herd of negative nancys all of a sudden. Things get better in time.
  • EA_Charlemagne also said this about wishlists:

For what it's worth, they do affect development in some ways. They help us prioritize what to make since a bunch of the stuff people ask for is stuff ...
  • Psychokillerninja
    91 posts Member
    edited February 8
    I understand the pessimism here, I'm honestly starting to feel the same, but nothing at this point has been confirmed or denied, and content of this game tends to be sporadic and unpredictable, so at this point all we can do is wait and see because we've got no concrete evidence of what will or won't come.
  • Honestly This is disgusting behavior on this forum and Reddit so negative "We have no confirmation that Arcade has been canned but we will act like it is" dont get me wrong we can be annoyed and even gutted that other content is prioritized but a while back it was said Online first then offline. Sure we have to wait but Dice know and have said they are doing offline.

Yes it sucks EA isn't giving them more resources, yes it sucks content has been pushed back. But Geez If in the end we get it then Thats great, Sure we may have to wait till smegging july or something but If we get it in the end then so be it.

One negative bit of information isn't the end of the world at all you all have life, other games, movies ETC to keep you going until they update it. Now if they announce it's cancelled then yes go crazy but all we were told is certain content comes first which we knew.

I'd say after the new game mode and Anakin and everything else, Arcade content would be a certain or a higher priority that it is now. Sure the waiting sucks and EA should of given DIce more resources and a longer cycle for BF2 and DIce should of prioritized more time to offline. But we cant just become a herd of negative nancys all of a sudden. Things get better in time.

THIS. After what; 9 months of not hearing anything about the large-scale mode for Arcade, Dennis comes back and tell us that it has in fact not been canned, and is still being worked on. That was a huge relief to hear.

Granted, that was 3 months ago, but I didn't expect them to tell us anything new until after they finished this big Clone Wars content rollout. Seeing as they can't even tell us whether or not this new large-scale online mode is being delayed or not, I'd be surprised if they don't tell us the new Arcade mode is coming out until the day before it drops, even if it were to drop with this update alongside the new online mode.