criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

no skirmish, no buy

ea's star wars battlefront 2 sounds like my dream star wars game. it has all the era's and a single player campaign from an imperial point of view but if it doesn't have single player replay value outside of a campaign i'm not buying it. that and to have all era's in a star wars game and leave that part of the game as mp only is dumb and a slap in the face to me for so many reasons

Replies

  • Is the offline co-op skirmish?
    #SoloPlayersMatter: Skirmish was officially confirmed as Arcade Join us on Facebook (870+ members) and on Twitter!

  • I agree. It would be awesome to have full skirmish support instead of vaguely worded coop options. It looks like we wait again for confirmation on Skirmish news
  • Yep. I agree, my selling point remains right there.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good forum post kid.
  • Agree!!! we need offline co-op skirmish
  • Is the offline co-op skirmish?

    I think it is.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Aryck-The-One
    1555 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Is the offline co-op skirmish?

    That's just it; we don't know. EA is being extremely vague about it. But I agree with the OP; no Skirmish, no sale. They keep saying this game is built on our feedback, but if there's no Skirmish/Instant Action mode... well, then that's a huge piece of feedback they ignored.
    Is the offline co-op skirmish?

    I think it is.

    Until they shed some light on this offline co-op mode, I would not assume it's Skirmish.
    * * *

    Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Is the offline co-op skirmish?

    That's just it; we don't know. EA is being extremely vague about it. But I agree with the OP; no Skirmish, no sale. They keep saying this game is built on our feedback, but if there's no Skirmish/Instant Action mode... well, then that's a huge piece of feedback they ignored.

    agreed. altho i think its safe to say we will get something like skirmish since its mentioned fighting AI in skirmishes. Only one thing that could be since we all Know what skirmishes are from last game...still yeah, I wouldn't pre order yet. In fact I never pre order anymore...unless its Netherrealm, because Ed Boon always delievers
  • Need instant action, #1 I want from this game. Even if it didn't have a campaign, but instant actionwas there from day one for every game mode on every map, that is a buy for me.
  • Glitch101 wrote: »
    Need instant action, #1 I want from this game. Even if it didn't have a campaign, but instant actionwas there from day one for every game mode on every map, that is a buy for me.
    i loved instant action. Imagine the replay value if instant action had access to all era's, game modes, maps and if they let you fight with any army set up you wanted? It would have so much replay value
  • Paul131
    982 posts Member
    On the main page it says Offline Co-op where you will be able to customise soldier and, yes, hero. This is strong hint towards an offline mode :)
    When I see somebody posting another useless theard
    tumblr_mqtcovhc8q1srwn65o9_250.gif

  • bigjay
    787 posts Member
    I don't need a campaign or skirmish just give me that MP goodness.
    PSN : BIG_JAY_ALLDAY it should have been this way day 1
  • bigjay wrote: »
    I don't need a campaign or skirmish just give me that MP goodness.

    true but the whole point of star wars battlefront for me was to experience fun star wars battles online in mp and offline with bots and star wars battlefront game without a good instant action mode is like mass effect 3's original ending
  • I don't understand why the website needs to be so vague and cryptic about it. Just say 'skrimish' or 'instant action' if it is in the game.
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    I don't understand why the website needs to be so vague and cryptic about it. Just say 'skrimish' or 'instant action' if it is in the game.

    They're probably waiting for E3. Everything that has been unveiled was likely intended to start the hype train.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • jericho447 wrote: »
    bigjay wrote: »
    I don't need a campaign or skirmish just give me that MP goodness.

    true but the whole point of star wars battlefront for me was to experience fun star wars battles online in mp and offline with bots and star wars battlefront game without a good instant action mode is like mass effect 3's original ending

    It is more like Crysis 3, death on arrival.
  • Quizolio wrote: »
    I don't understand why the website needs to be so vague and cryptic about it. Just say 'skrimish' or 'instant action' if it is in the game.

    They're probably waiting for E3. Everything that has been unveiled was likely intended to start the hype train.

    I don't think something like this should be kept under wraps.
  • Quizolio wrote: »
    I don't understand why the website needs to be so vague and cryptic about it. Just say 'skrimish' or 'instant action' if it is in the game.

    They're probably waiting for E3. Everything that has been unveiled was likely intended to start the hype train.

    I don't think something like this should be kept under wraps.

    Agreed. Better to defuse these things quickly than stick to a schedule.
  • Glitch101 wrote: »
    jericho447 wrote: »
    bigjay wrote: »
    I don't need a campaign or skirmish just give me that MP goodness.

    true but the whole point of star wars battlefront for me was to experience fun star wars battles online in mp and offline with bots and star wars battlefront game without a good instant action mode is like mass effect 3's original ending

    It is more like Crysis 3, death on arrival.

    lol. I would of used that but i used mass effect 3's cause you expect a good ending after 3 games but you get a slap in the face. meaning ea's battlefront outside of graphics and sound hasn't met my expectations for a good battlefront game
  • Glitch101
    47 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    jericho447 wrote: »
    Glitch101 wrote: »
    jericho447 wrote: »
    bigjay wrote: »
    I don't need a campaign or skirmish just give me that MP goodness.

    true but the whole point of star wars battlefront for me was to experience fun star wars battles online in mp and offline with bots and star wars battlefront game without a good instant action mode is like mass effect 3's original ending

    It is more like Crysis 3, death on arrival.

    lol. I would of used that but i used mass effect 3's cause you expect a good ending after 3 games but you get a slap in the face. meaning ea's battlefront outside of graphics and sound hasn't met my expectations for a good battlefront game

    For me was a statement about the viability of the game. I have 200+ games and most of their MP are death. What the heck am I suppose to do about it when I want to revisit my favorite game modes and maps. When I got Crysis 3 was like where are all of the MP players.
  • Same here no skirmish instant action or galactic conquest no buy
    Battlefront OFFLINE with BOTS
  • Agreed! IT NEEDS offline/co-op Instant Action or "Skirmish" for all maps and all modes just like the original battlefronts. That is what made the games awesome and last for over a decade. Replay-ability was amazing for those! Also please have a "classic" mode just like the originals with command posts and spawn points!
  • GForce wrote: »
    Agreed! IT NEEDS offline/co-op Instant Action or "Skirmish" for all maps and all modes just like the original battlefronts. That is what made the games awesome and last for over a decade. Replay-ability was amazing for those! Also please have a "classic" mode just like the originals with command posts and spawn points!
    What is, arguably, a reason for EA not to do this, if they want to keep releasing Battlefront games. >:)
  • No instant action, No Bespin, no Boardable Captial ships/Destoryable,no galactic conquest. Than DEFINALY NO BUY!!!!!!! PERIOD!!!!!!
  • GForce wrote: »
    Agreed! IT NEEDS offline/co-op Instant Action or "Skirmish" for all maps and all modes just like the original battlefronts. That is what made the games awesome and last for over a decade. Replay-ability was amazing for those!

    Exactly. The main problem stopping me from buying the sequel is that I know I won't be able to enjoy the multiplayer after a year or two because of population decline... unless there is an offline Instant Action mode as per the original games for me to fall back on.
    * * *

    Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Rogue7766 wrote: »
    No instant action NO BUY!!!!!!! PERIOD!!!!!!

  • Hopefully all details will be revealed at EA play, of not before(May the 4th).
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • I get the need for confirmation but honestly what else could an offline/co-op mode be?
  • I honestly think that we will get robust Skirmish support this time around, they got way to much flak from the fans to not include it. Just look at their user score on Metacritic, a measly 5.0 and their critic score is lower than the two LucasArts titles as well. A huge part of that terrible metascore comes from them disappointing fans of the previous games and they know it. I think they're just holding off on announcing more so they can spread out their announcements and build hype as we get closer to the game.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • No fix matchmaking and team balancing= no buy for me
  • No woman, no cry.
  • crolumbine wrote: »
    I get the need for confirmation but honestly what else could an offline/co-op mode be?

    It could be like those terrible mini missions we got in the first one.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good forum post kid.
Sign In or Register to comment.