criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Power-ups

There's probably already a topic on this but I couldn't find it anywhere.
The new ressource-based system looks really good, but I was under the impression power-ups would not be included in it.
I found the tokens pretty silly. They just felt a bit off, like they didn't belong there.
If you actually have to find these weapons on the map, can't EA make them spawn in some kind of ammo box, where you can actually pick up a smart rocket for instance ?

Replies

• Wait for gameplay ... you even dont know if will be power ups
  • Polygonum
    36 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Abolish pickups.

They've already said that hero and vehicle pickups will be removed
  • It seems to me that the powerups are being replaced with the "epic" abilities, but it is unclear how you get them.
  • 2000sGuy
    5854 posts Member
    Pretty sure they're out of here... it was probably one of the most requested things
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Polygonum wrote: »
    Abolish pickups.

Yes!! When?
  • I lost my source but it's an interview. They said that instead of pickups, we'll spend some sort of "ressource" to become an hero or villain
    I lost my source but it's an interview. They said that instead of pickups, we'll spend some sort of "ressource" to become an hero or villain

Are all pickups gone or just hero.
    I hope spending a resources doesn't mean in match credits.
  • "Berndt also confirmed hero “careers” that enable players to unlock new abilities and personalization options. Initiating a hero sequence also works differently: instead of collecting a power-up, players can earn a resource and choose when to spend it. Diemer also hinted that heroes would be a more frequent sight on the battlefield. "
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/04/15/first-look-star-wars-battlefront-ii/

Here !!!
    I lost my source but it's an interview. They said that instead of pickups, we'll spend some sort of "ressource" to become an hero or villain

I'm pretty sure that ALL the pickups will be removed since it's stupid to remove ONLY the hero pickups. Regarding the resources, I think it will be objective score that you earn during the match, and spend it to become a hero when you have enough objective score, but it's pure speculation
    Polygonum wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that ALL the pickups will be removed since it's **** to remove ONLY the hero pickups. Regarding the resources, I think it will be objective score that you earn during the match, and spend it to become a hero when you have enough objective score, but it's pure speculation

Sounds good. More heroes also sounds great, but with the game maintaining a small 20vs20 player count I can see it being frustrating as infantry. The new selection system also sounds like a potential improvement. I hope heroes are heal-able to encourage players to be less conservative.

I'm pretty sure that ALL the pickups will be removed since it's **** to remove ONLY the hero pickups. Regarding the resources, I think it will be objective score that you earn during the match, and spend it to become a hero when you have enough objective score, but it's pure speculation

Sounds good. More heroes also sounds great, but with the game maintaining a small 20vs20 player count I can see it being frustrating as infantry.

Maybe but apparently, an infantry in SWBFII will have more chances against a hero than an infantry in the current game

Sounds good. More heroes also sounds great, but with the game maintaining a small 20vs20 player count I can see it being frustrating as infantry.

Maybe but apparently, an infantry in SWBFII will have more chances against a hero than an infantry in the current game

Yeah, heard that. They were talking about a squad of players rather than an individual, which suggests squads will replace partners. Still hoping for heroes to be fully heal-able by medics and on map med droids.
  • Frix
    626 posts Member
    Abolish pickups.

Good good.

I hate that. A good Maul shouldn't die to a good (hell, even great) squad of troopers. I get it, there will be more of them on the field at once, but they should still be insanely powerful.

OMG, JUST HAD AN IDEA! They are saying you use resources to get heroes, right, that are possibly earned by doing the objective stuff, getting kills, etc. What if there were hero tiers, like Han Solo is a medium tier hero. There is a "price" gap between tiers, and tiers are like power levels for the Heroes. Heroes like Padme, Greedo, and Chewie would be much more common, as they are lower tier Heroes who require much less resources per game to use. They are powerful assets, but aren't as powerful as they were in the last game, not on par with every other hero. However, if you save up your resources, you can spend it on much higher tier Heroes, like Darth Vader, Yoda, Palpatine, or Jedi Master Luke. These Heroes, while it takes longer to get them, can completely change the tide of battle individually. For example, lower tier heroes would find in hard to go against heroes a tier higher than them; so Han Solo would find it hard to deal with Boba Fett, but be on even or at an advantage over Greedo. However, Han would stand ABSOLUTELY no chance against, say, Kylo Ren, who is 3 power tiers above him. However, to get Kylo, you have to save up much more resources. The names of these tiers could be (from weakest and most common to strongest and rarest):
    Common
    Rare
    Elite
    Legendary
    Ultimate

Also, as a balance to prevent steamrolling from a good enemy team, the drastically loading team has an increasing chance for them to gain a legendary or ultimate hero, who can solo common, rare, and even elite Heroes without effort. It would make logically sense as well, since Palpatine (an Ultimate tier hero) wouldn't be challenged by Han, Leia, and Chewbacca (who are rare tier) if they were to fight him.

Doesn't have to be like this, but I could see this happening.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • I do not agree with that, all heroes should have the same level
    I do not agree with that, all heroes should have the same level

So you're saying that Admiral Akbar should stand a chance, even be able to solo Vader (not trying to be rude, I'm just curious why)?
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames

So you're saying that Admiral Akbar should stand a chance, even be able to solo Vader (not trying to be rude, I'm just curious why)?

Because in a game mode like Heroes vs Villains it will be unbalanced

Because in a game mode like Heroes vs Villains it will be unbalanced

True. But they could also have it where there's one legendary, two elites, and three rare heroes per team. And to prevent the same player from picking the same hero over and over, it rotates who gets first pick (since everyone wants to be the legendary). But I see what you're saying.

• I do agree, I don't want to see vehicle power-ups. maybe to have those vehicles around the map in full 3d effect and then it could show u getting in and out. I don't know what they would do for the hero though, because if they just make it so it gives it to the best person on the team then that wouldn't be fair, maybe to make it completely random so everyone has at least a chance could be good, and I agree with u somewhat on the special weapons
  • To me it sounds like they're using the old galactic conquest concept... Before a match or in the menu we purchase a hero token and then use it in the round to play as the hero
  • I don't want tokens anymore, people camping it 24/7, noobs using heroes and die within a few seconds going full Rambo mode...etc. For example in Sabotage on Bespin, on Admin Palace you can see at the beginning of the match 8 dudes waiting for the tokens to spawn when they should be trying to destroy the tibanna gas generators
  • I clicked on the link that takes you to the article that talks about hero pickups not being part of the game. But it doesn't say boo about vehicle tokens. Where do they say, WORDS, "Vehicle will not require tokens, but allow you to climb in and drive away/take off". This seems like something that the community would really love and the fact that these specific details has me worried.
  • I'm not even a fan of hero vs villian, since obviously some of the heroes would have to be dumed down to be able to not instantly kill certain heroes, I guess its more of a fun game mode but not accurate. Maybe if they heavily reworked the heroes and made them feel more real, which they said they are, then maybe hero vs villian will feel more real.
  • It seems to me that the powerups are being replaced with the "epic" abilities, but it is unclear how you get them.
    they're probably gonna be like gadgets in BF1, where some gadgets are specific to certain classes.