criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Hero vs Villian LIGHTSABER DUEL Mode!

YES Devs YES! You heard us, listened and acknowledged what we had to say. Props for that! You gave us clone wars, something we have been craving since the first EA Battlefront. Now I am certain that for that reason alone, atleast 70% of the people who buy this game, will love it deeply. However, there is something else that is as crucial to including the prequel era, understanding what made it great. LIGHTSABER BATTLES.

We have no idea how you devs decides to change lightsaber combat this time around, but we all know that it won't work to use the same physics as in ea battlefront 1. No major changes that would ruin lightsaber-verse-blaster, just some changes to how to heroes with lightsabers fights and react to eachothers abilities is needed to make duels as cool as in the movies. Unique animations, more in the style of what you did with the lightsaber clash in battlefront 1. IF you were to listen to the community that want lightsaber duels to be a thing in this already amazing looking game, please, MAKE IT A MODE.

Take maps from multiplayer and cut them small in arena based duel maps, or make new ones. Who here can honestly say they wouldn't want to either relive that epic fight between obi-wan vs anakin on mustafaar, the awesome showdown between qui gon jin vs darth maul on naboo or the epic fight between dooku vs anakin on the CIS capital ship, but with the actual player controlling the scene. Or even make it to where you can play any hero vs any villian on a random arena. Just imagine the possibilities, making a fast paced shooter into a (sorta) strategy duel game by just adding one mode! It would wider the scope of the game and would help the game to appeal to more people.

For the team, if you need inspiration, go take a look at what they did with For Honor by ubisoft. The game is not the best but still has some really cool mechanics and ideas like the maps, enviromental kills and art of war combat system. Adding a Star Wars touch to it and you got an awesome experience for lightsaber enthusiasts. NOT SAYING you should go ahead and completely rip off everything there of course haha.

Hope those who read this agree that this game would be awesome with a duel mode and that you are just as excited as me for this game to come out. Thanks for reading and have a good day!

Replies

• YES YES YES To me Star Wars IS lightsaber duels.
  • YES! I want Vader vs Obi-Wan on Mustafar, Anakin and/or Obi-Wan vs Dooku on the Invisible Hand, "Ben" Kenobi vs Vader on the Death Star, Luke vs Vader in Cloud City! YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!
  • I feel that this is war war game, not a dueling game. I'm happy just for hero blast and the mechanics to be improved. You can create our own duels in private matches.
  • They did say something about the heroes being more engaging and acrobatic​
    Great sounds promising, I hope the lightsabers will make a lot of contact with each other instead of just hitting the enemy.
    Great sounds promising, I hope the lightsabers will make a lot of contact with each other instead of just hitting the enemy.

Yea I agree..I mean this game is meant to be centered around the troopers of star wars... But the hero system needs to be improved.....And Dennis Braanvell has confirmed that the hero system has been rebuilt from the ground up....So I can't wait to see what they've done with it now...It won't be the same as the current Battlefront
  • YES YES YES To me Star Wars IS lightsaber duels.

Me too in a way, but ofcourse you have to remember that the game isn't FOCUSED on that. Altough they can make something cool with what they have if they just give it a little effort.

Yes, he said more "physical". Also he said that the heroes and villians will have interesting ways of acting and responding to getting hit/struck by another hero's ability. I can imagine that the lightsaber fighting is touched especially in those two statements!
  • DaKessla
    70 posts Member
    I feel that this is war war game, not a dueling game. I'm happy just for hero blast and the mechanics to be improved. You can create our own duels in private matches.

Read the post again. I am fully aware that this game is focused on large scales battles with heroes as an option and nice addition. I didn't ask for this to become a full blown duel game. What I said is that if they just improve on the lightsaber fighting mechanics so that it atleast LOOKS good (no need to make it as skill based as in a duel game). That and simply taking small parts of the bigger maps as "hero battle" maps, like in the heroes vs villians mode in the current battlefront, and voila'! You got a game that appeals to so many more than if this mode is not included. Lightsaber duelling and LS's in general are the heart of what makes star wars unique. It's special to so many peopleand therefore, if they really wanna make this a 10/10 SW game for fans, they have to do what they can for lightsaber enthusiasts aswell, even though it may not be much, they need to let people know that they want EVERYONE to be as happy as can be with the game!
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    Yes, PT offers tons of lightsaber heroes in order to realize this mode.
    hqdefault.jpg
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Yes, PT offers tons of lightsaber heroes in order to realize this mode.
    hqdefault.jpg

Technically closer to OT, but whatever. It'd at least give us an excuse to recreate that duel on Mustafar between Vader and Obi-Wan.