criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Something I've noticed

ShowOff
113 posts Member
I was looking at the pre-order exclusives and noticed they used the word "epic ability" a lot. It was usually followe by a modifier or upgrade.

This made me think, since they're not going to be adding season passes I have no doubt they will include micro transactions of some sort (not that I mind, as long as it's not a pay to win type thing.)

"Epic ability upgrades/modifiers" what if they take the modern gaming approach and add crates. These crates contain customizable items for heroes/units etc., weapon skins, and (I'm reaching on this one) but even hero powers that you can pick and choose (hence the "epic ability" term.)

If this is the approach they took I have no doubt it would be met with unity.

Replies

• ShowOff wrote: »
    I was looking at the pre-order exclusives and noticed they used the word "epic ability" a lot. It was usually followe by a modifier or upgrade.

This made me think, since they're not going to be adding season passes I have no doubt they will include micro transactions of some sort (not that I mind, as long as it's not a pay to win type thing.)

"Epic ability upgrades/modifiers" what if they take the modern gaming approach and add crates. These crates contain customizable items for heroes/units etc., weapon skins, and (I'm reaching on this one) but even hero powers that you can pick and choose (hence the "epic ability" term.)

If this is the approach they took I have no doubt it would be met with unity.

I don't mind so much just so long as it is (a) not random (you choose what you are buying) and (b) you never get duplicates (COD Supply Drops are bad because there is no guarantee you will even get anything new-preventing duplicates I believe will make people a lot more likely to buy them, as they feel like they are actually buying something, and not just wasting their money on items they already have in the slim hope of getting something new)