criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Now that there will be a personal shield and a Jumppack...

CS2107
1961 posts Member
We see on the art with Yavin IV a Stormtrooper with a jumppack, so that is confirmed I think. I would like that to be an elite class and not a gadget anymore and I think many will agree.

The preorder bonus is a personal shield ability for the heavy trooper. So here I hope they balance that better than in BF EA 1. Also I would like to change the way it looks. For a Droideka the blue bubble is okay, but it looks weird seeing 5 Stormtroopers within blue bubbles running around on Hoth... So You remember the Bacta-glowing (as long as you are overhealed, you will see a blue glowing on your armor) That would look much better when activate a personal shield.

Replies

• No no no no NO personal sheilds should be limited to droidekas
  • No no no no NO personal sheilds should be limited to droidekas

Limiting them to Droidekas would give the Droidekas their own unique identity, which i think they deserve. Giving this to the other factions would make the Droidekas lose what makes them special, and so they may as well not be in the game IMO (they have always been portrayed as being something special and unique, and I would like to keep it that way)
  • Exactly
  • Blazur
    4460 posts Member
    Concept art confirms nothing.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • CPT_Rex
    725 posts Member
    Blazur wrote: »

How about the trailer? In the trailer we see a Snowtrooper with a jump-pack getting run over by a taun-taun.
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • I think jump packs will be limited to the assault class. (Or at least should be).
  • bigjay
    787 posts Member
    pumpnight wrote: »
    I think jump packs will be limited to the assault class. (Or at least should be).

agree
    PSN : BIG_JAY_ALLDAY it should have been this way day 1
  • Jump packs should be for elite classes only. Not for everyone.
  • WodiQuix
    4393 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I hope they don't have the Bacta Bomb. The Jump Pack, Personal Shield, and Bacta Bomb combo does NOT need to return in BF2.
  • WodiQuix wrote: »
    I hope they don't have the Bacta Bomb.

I second this.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Bacta Bomb = No Sale
  • I think they should keep the bacta bomb. Though, they should change it.

Currently, the bacta bomb heals you instantly to 100 and slowly climbs to 130. Instead of doing that, it should ONLY heal you to 100 and have a much smaller area of effect.
  • bfloo
    13731 posts Member
    I think they should keep the bacta bomb. Though, they should change it.

Currently, the bacta bomb heals you instantly to 100 and slowly climbs to 130. Instead of doing that, it should ONLY heal you to 100 and have a much smaller area of effect.

I'd prefer they drop the bacta bomb, but keep the med droid similar to how it is now.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• WodiQuix wrote: »
    I hope they don't have the Bacta Bomb.

I second this.

So do I.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I just hope jump pakcs will be limited to certain classes or a power up this time around and not available for everyplayer at anytime. It ruins the immersion a lot and get annoying if some players use them to camp at places they should not be able to reach.
  • The best class is No Class.

I enjoy my Jump Pack, Grenades and shield layout and the power to change it at any time I please.

Limitations are landfill material.
  • Undeadjon
    339 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    No no no no NO personal sheilds should be limited to droidekas

As a matter of fact, in a description of one of the pre order options it says you can get the "personal shield epic ability" I feel like that doesn't limit it just to droidekas.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good forum post kid.
  • I have a bad feeling about this.
  • pumpnight wrote: »
    I think jump packs will be limited to the assault class. (Or at least should be).

It's confirmed that that the jump trooper is it's own class and will be limited on the battlefield..Maybe like 5 at one time
  • CS2107
    1961 posts Member
    Blazur wrote: »

This is actually the preorder bonus a personal shield for the heavy class and we can see a jumppacktrooper in the trailer.

It's confirmed that that the jump trooper is it's own class and will be limited on the battlefield..Maybe like 5 at one time

When did they confirm that? I thinnk they said it would be an ability for one of the classes, probably the assault