criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

So about these 40 AI in Space Battles...

I have two basic points I want to bring up to you all:
1. So, will their pilot abilities actually have an effect on the game? I want them to be able to take out each other, and take out our own (human) pilots, and attack the capital ships, basically everything a human pilot can do, not just target practice for the 24 human pilots. Is this something we could expect?
2. Also, just a hypothetical, if we get to board capital ships (i.e. the players can land in the enemy teams hanger and F*** s*** up from the inside), can 6 or so of each team's AI be diverted to defend the inside of the ship?

Those are the topics, is that possible?
giphy.gif

Replies

• Frix
    626 posts Member
    I sure hope so on both fronts. AI ships in the current game are just a joke.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Now what they can do is have AI sentry guns in and around capital ships and whatnot to deter people from being able to fly onto enemy capital ships uncontested
  • I would assume this would happen. In the current battlefront AI can attack players and other AI, activate uplinks and attack the walkers. I assume they will be able to board ships and attack targets.
  • Landeaux wrote: »
    Now what they can do is have AI sentry guns in and around capital ships and whatnot to deter people from being able to fly onto enemy capital ships uncontested
    Good idea. Kinda annoying how the turbo lasers on sullust and the Death Star can't kill u.

Because they are inflating the amount of player kills by adding AI they could add things like sentry guns that kill players.
  • Space battles will be much bigger this time around ..Fully developed by Criterion. It's confirmed that Capitol ships will target and destroy fighters and the AI will be much more engaging than the previous game... Sounds like we'll be getting better AI than OG Battlefront II
  • If we can board capital ships this time around, which is good don't get me wrong, I just worry that people might only fight in the ships and not actually take part in ship to ship combat in space.
  • If we have 40 AI ships in the air, and only 24 humans, isn't that more like space Skirmish with friends?
    I am one with the force. The force is with Steve.