criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Things to make Battlefront II fun, better, and interesting and immersive..........

Now, the last EA Battlefront left us with half content and less features that Pandemic Battlefront had and left us to be sad and deal with it until the sequel. And now, here's Battlefront II, more content, keeping some old things and adding more new things. I have some ideas that would make Battlefront II fun, better, and interesting and immersive...........

For the fun part, we would love to have objectives to do if we had objectives if we were to have a Missions mode different from what we had from the first EA Battlefront (don't just leave in deathmatch and hero battles). I mean of course, hero battles is fun, keep that in, but we need some new some for Missions. And add some fun/party-like game modes like a Zombies mode (Fighting against Death Troopers would be fun), and the old Hunt (killing Wampas) and Hero Assault modes from Battlefront II. Those were fun, especially fighting other heroes and villains on Mos Eisley with party-like music from Star Wars (like the cantina music, Lapti Nek, Jedi Rocks. etc). Those were good times. Hopefully, others will add on to the fun part, because most of it I did forget, to be honest. XD

For making the game better, we need game modes like Operations, Frontlines, and Rush, like from Battlefield 1, of course with 40 player battles in large, medium, and small maps. I love how each game mode works, focusing on two factions in one area fighting against two-three areas in the country they're fighting in, making multiplayer, and the Great War, interesting. Add some space battles in Operations and Frontlines as well for Battlefront II. We also need features and other things that the first Battlefront by Pandemic had that were like the Battlefield games, which are proning so we do how to take cover justice even if the cover is small, first person for more vehicles besides just starfighters, from Battlefields 1 and 4, have a vaulting (or a climning) and leaning system. You guys did so well and so great with this in Battlefield, making jumping over things and climbing, thanks to Battlefield 1, so much better, as well as leaning from cover. Oh, and charging into doors quickly opening them when running into them. That made you feel like you're in total control. I like to open doors like that in Battlefront II. And, to make singleplayer interesting and best, add more campaigns of other perspectives from each era. Don't get me wrong, I'm a hardcore Imperial fan (hence the Imperial Commando on my profile pic XD) and I'm happy to have a campaign focused on the Empire, specifically the special forces side which is really awesome, and how they grow into the First Order. But I grew up loving the other factions including the CIS and the Rebellion and liking the the Resistance and First Order. Best ways to give us these other campaigns are either free updates or free DLC (because hooray to no season pass). Pandemic Battlefront 1 had campaigns focused on both the Clone Wars and the Galactic Civil War, giving you a chance to play as each faction as you go through the war completing objectives and doing things from the movies (for example, destroying the Techno Union ships on Geonosis, destroying the shield generator on Hoth, destroying the shield bunker on Endor, etc). We would love to live out those old moments from the old Battlefronts and make new ones as well in Battlefront II. And I don't know if this is a thing yet, but add squad commands in campaign and Skirmish/Instant Action. We could definitely do it in Pandemic Battlefronts, which made teamwork with AI much efficient and perfect. Have your own squad, give them specific tasks and roles, fight and die with and for them, so you don't feel like you're left out or a lone wolf. This only works in EA Battlefront's only Missions mode, Battle. It was cool to have commands, but it would be great to have emotes for those commands, or, like Battlefield, add a comma rose (when you press and old RB on XO, R1 for PS4, and Q for PC) to have more commands to give to teammates (this goes for multiplayer as well to spot enemies and keep teammates on alert to assist with ammo and health, or backup/reinforcements). And, of course, add a revamped version of Skirmish, but most and best of all, Instant Action and Galactic Conquest with polished AI and more game modes the multiplayer gives. This was what made Pandemic Battlefront enjoyable for the longest time for singleplayer so nobody could have a thought about multiplayer and how people "cheat" or "hack" (even though I did see videos and evidence of players cheating in EA Battlefront) and people can play with other people on splitscreen with family and friends or online with them. We were only left with two game modes and vanilla maps with Jakku. To hear that there were no more updates coming to Skirmish made me sad, but I kept playing to prepare myself for Battlefront II and see what it had in store, even though I would mostly play Pandemic Battlefront II with mods to make my experience better. So, I'm hoping singleplayer can have these things suggested. We would love to see them.

And lastly, for the interesting part, we should have Clone and Imperial Commandos from the Republic Commando novel, just like Renegade and Elite Squadron had for character customization, whether it be for all classes or not. To see a Commando in each class have their own weapons and gear in the battlefield would be so awesome. There are a lot of fans of the Commandos, and I'm pretty sure they want to see that as well, and add other heavy-armored soldiers similar to the Commandos in the Rebellion, First Order, and Resistance (we already have Super Battle Droids, but I wonder if we can play as Droidekas). I don't know what else for the intersting part. Maybe other people reading this can help me with some ideas. BUT for the immersive part, I want to see helmet views from Clones, Stormtroopers, and First Order for the first person view. In Star Wars: Republic Commando, the game was mainly first person, so you had a helmet view with a HUD set up on the visor, with the HUD moving with the helmet as your character moves, and how the HUD moves in Battlefield 4 (in which I really do like, because it can move with player actions and it's almost like you're wearing a helmet or some eyewear with a HUD that moves), thus making Republic Commando immersive and realistic. To see this in Battlefront II would be an amazing immersive and realistic experiece that could be the coolest thing done for first person, and fans of first person. And also, this is where it gets juicy mainly for me, add a hardcore mode like Battlefield 1 and 4 have. I LOVE hardcore mode in those two games, and it would be awesome to see this in Battlefront II multiplayer, and maybe, just maybe, singleplayer. And I would like to see a boots on the ground mode for people that are sick of jetpacks. That way, it'd be difficult for them to fall back and run away, making it more fun to chase my targets and kill them. But for hardcore mode, I would play that A LOT on Battlefield 4 on all maps, mostly close quarters, such as Operation Metro and Operation Lockers. My hands would be super sweaty after tryharding, because I'm real good at that than normal mode. Taking down enemies with three shots with an assault rifle and carbine and pistol, and with only one shot to the chest with a sniper rifle and shotgun, making it have the most realistic experience. This was the best thing in the whole Battlefield franchise from 2 all the way up to today with 1, making it the best thing ever for especially fighting in World War 1. This would make Battlefront II be more realistic, punishing, and rewarding for veterans of Battlefield and Battlefront alike, making multiplayer interesting as well. It would be the best thing ever.

Those are my ideas. What do you guys think? Should there be more? Am I forgetting anything else? What new ideas do you have? I would love to see lots of suggestions. I especially want new game modes and features from both Battlefield and Battlefront I explained above to be in the game.

Replies

• Havoc_IC_007
    199 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Oh yeah, I forgot to add that we need a dynamic weather system like Battlefield 1 and more destructive environment, making Battlefront II more immersive and more realistic in both singleplayer and multiplayer. AND, best thing about hardcore mode, NO THIRD PERSON!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! I'm evil, but it'd be cool to see hardcore in Battlefront. :)
    Post edited by Havoc_IC_007 on
  • And another thing I forgot (I keep forgetting things lol) is that we should have secondary weapons like pistols or shotguns. Works well in Pandemic Battlefront and in Battlefield. So, why not bring 'em back? Still would love to see some ideas from a lot of people.
  • Dang man. Love the zombies idea!
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good forum post kid.
  • Frix
    626 posts Member
    Undeadjon wrote: »
    Dang man. Love the zombies idea!

Please no. Disney already worked hard to erase that from Star Wars by making the elite troopers in rogue 1 death troopers.
  • Dude, you've written yourself quite a column here. I think you deserve DICE's attention.
  • Dude, you've written yourself quite a column here. I think you deserve DICE's attention.

Aww, thank you! =D It was a lot to remember, but some I forgot about and posted them separately later on. XD
  • Or why not have a battlefield 1 DLC that turns all the soldiers into star wars characters?
  • They need to just improve on pandemics battlefront 2 i mean seriously do they understand how many people would love that? Idc if they take the same map layouts and just improve them graphically. They spend so much time and money on detailing models for the game and then theres not enough content because they prob spend days on each character and map to make them so perfect and even then their not perfect. Ever stand on the falcon in battlefront you can tell that only you and maybe one other would fit in the cockpit? When like 6 people can fit in that thing...also the correllian ship in the middle of jakku would in reality be the size of a whole map the tantive iv map from pandemics battlefront def would not fit inside of that ship on jakku? I understand the ship would take the whole map up if it was the right scale but if thats the case pick a different ship to put on the map. But it really bothers me that the millenium falcons scaling was wrong how could you get such a famous ship wrong. Anyway all in all i wouldnt mind at all if the game didnt look super amazing im fine with it just looking good and just having alot more content. Also the maps in the old one were made from their minds now they goand travel to where things are filmed to take pictures and make it perfect? I mean cmon you could make way more maps and they would be more original and no star wars fan forgets the important landmarks and things on each planet it could still easily be authentic. Im done my rant now but battlefront fans deserve the perfect battlefront game they shouldnt put up with sad issues like the scaling of ships and lack of content.
  • Jbry123 wrote: »
    They need to just improve on pandemics battlefront 2 i mean seriously do they understand how many people would love that? Idc if they take the same map layouts and just improve them graphically. They spend so much time and money on detailing models for the game and then theres not enough content because they prob spend days on each character and map to make them so perfect and even then their not perfect. Ever stand on the falcon in battlefront you can tell that only you and maybe one other would fit in the cockpit? When like 6 people can fit in that thing...also the correllian ship in the middle of jakku would in reality be the size of a whole map the tantive iv map from pandemics battlefront def would not fit inside of that ship on jakku? I understand the ship would take the whole map up if it was the right scale but if thats the case pick a different ship to put on the map. But it really bothers me that the millenium falcons scaling was wrong how could you get such a famous ship wrong. Anyway all in all i wouldnt mind at all if the game didnt look super amazing im fine with it just looking good and just having alot more content. Also the maps in the old one were made from their minds now they goand travel to where things are filmed to take pictures and make it perfect? I mean cmon you could make way more maps and they would be more original and no star wars fan forgets the important landmarks and things on each planet it could still easily be authentic. Im done my rant now but battlefront fans deserve the perfect battlefront game they shouldnt put up with sad issues like the scaling of ships and lack of content.

Maybe until the third game comes, my friend. :'(
  • Havoc
    Do you know about the star destroyer assault map/mod In the OG bf2 on pc.
    They should make a mode similar to that map. Make it feel like a massive boarding party where you fight up to the capital ships command bridge.
  • Rogue7766 wrote: »
    Havoc
    Do you know about the star destroyer assault map/mod In the OG bf2 on pc.
    They should make a mode similar to that map. Make it feel like a massive boarding party where you fight up to the capital ships command bridge.

Just looked the mod up. To have this would be awesome.