criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Why Rex or Cody WILL PROBABLY BE in the game...

Alvonator
2510 posts Member
edited April 2017
-All Clones look the same...
-All Clones wear similar, if not the same armour...
-DICE is making Clone character models. They may also be constructing the Clone face.

Since all Clones look the same and wear relatively the same armour with slight differences, Cody and Rex will already be practically made since all the assets would be already present.

DICE would only need to fine-tune their appearance and implement unique abilities for each Clone Hero, which in reality, should not be extremely difficult considering the talented people at DICE.

Replies

• Cody for sure, not so sure about Rex
    Member of the 501st
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    Cody for sure, not so sure about Rex

Whichever. I know people want either one of them.

And those that say that they are unlikely are probably forgetting the fact that they are Clones, and since Clones will be featured in the game, Rex and Cody would only need minor modificatio ns to become heroes.
  • If we can get nein numb and greedo for ea's sw battlefront 1 we can get rex or cody for ea's sw battlefront 2
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    jericho447 wrote: »
    If we can get nein numb and greedo for ea's sw battlefront 1 we can get rex or cody for ea's sw battlefront 2

IKR? Their models were practically already made since SWBF 1's release.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    jericho447 wrote: »
    If we can get nein numb and greedo for ea's sw battlefront 1 we can get rex or cody for ea's sw battlefront 2

Problem is they omitted a major hero for Nien
  • mb_free
    169 posts Member
    I would love to see them separate however i think we will only get 1 clone hero.
  • Maybe Bodyguards for Anaking and Obi-Wan if they were added, I agree w/ @mb_free we probably will not get both as heroes.
    mb_free wrote: »
    I would love to see them separate however i think we will only get 1 clone hero.

• Oh come on....The possibilities are endless..Maybe they won't be heroes...But special classes kinda like a droideka or super battle droid.. But they could easily include Rex Cody 5's Wolf Heavy Gregor
  • Rex for 501st.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Rex for 501st.

Rex for the 501st, Cody for the 212th, Wolffe for the Wolfpack (if we are that lucky)

I know its not realistically going to happen, but I would LOVE Neyo and the 91st
  • I doubt we'll see these as heroes simply because of the large amount of customization that should be available in the game both of abilities and cosmetics. You should just be able to create them yourself after time unlocking stuff.
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    DOn't want them beeing heroes tho. Let more important characters take their places
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • Whodunnit
    5553 posts Member
    Remember Stormtrooper Luke and Stormtrooper Han? Same logic didn't work there.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • CPT_Rex
    725 posts Member
    Whodunnit wrote: »

Maybe, but do you really want the Republic side to have all Jedi and 1 blaster hero (not even a very cool one at that)?
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • Whodunnit
    5553 posts Member
    CPT_Rex wrote: »
    Whodunnit wrote: »

Maybe, but do you really want the Republic side to have all Jedi and 1 blaster hero (not even a very cool one at that)?

Definitely not, but I don't see them including that much character at launch. My guess is Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padme vs Darth Maul, Dooku, Grievous and Jango (so 1-1 blaster hero on both sides).
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    I believe the point system gives them many possibilities to use it, can use it with heroes, vehicles...
    Could use the point system with special units like Droidekas, crab droids, flametroopers, Cody, Rex... Or, could easily put those two as bodyguards for Obi and Anakin, I think that's the best way to have them.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • CPT_Rex
    725 posts Member
    Agherosh wrote: »
    I believe the point system gives them many possibilities to use it, can use it with heroes, vehicles...
    Could use the point system with special units like Droidekas, crab droids, flametroopers, Cody, Rex... Or, could easily put those two as bodyguards for Obi and Anakin, I think that's the best way to have them.

Being bodyguards wouldn't do them justice. I vaguely remember a thread on here about commanders and heroes, I think that would work here.
  • jericho447 wrote: »

IIRC weren't people complaining about this in the first SWBF? Saying the devs were lazy for making heroes with assets already in the game? Something to the effect of "All they did was give us a Rodian head with a new body and called it Greedo. Hur hur." (Same with Nien) and now people want them to do it with Clone Trooper heroes? Hahahahaha this community is too much, I feel for the devs sometimes.
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    edited April 2017

Being bodyguards wouldn't do them justice. I vaguely remember a thread on here about commanders and heroes, I think that would work here.

I don't mean bodyguards like in the last game, that are killed by two shots.
    I mean having them spawn with them as "bodyguards", but have them be more like smaller heroes.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • CPT_Rex
    725 posts Member

I mean having them spawn with them as "bodyguards", but have them be more like smaller heroes.

I found the thread I was talking about : https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/67580/heroes-differentiated-from-commanders#latest
    I don't agree with everything there, but I think what is said about the commanders could work here.
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member

I found the thread I was talking about : https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/67580/heroes-differentiated-from-commanders#latest
    I don't agree with everything there, but I think what is said about the commanders could work here.

So yeah, Pretty much what I mean by small heroes, have them spawn with the jedi, be more important than the simple bodyguards, but still not like full heroes, something in between.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Depending on how many heroes this game gets over its lifetime, I would say there's a definite possibility of seeing one of them as a hero at some point. I think they will prioritize Jedi characters first, but you never know.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo