criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Jetpacking about like a madman, no ads, appreciation thread

ATE_ARMS
317 posts Member
edited April 2017
First of all, I play without jetpack occasionally on big maps, and you obviously are able to take in much more of the experience than the jetpacking about etc. It can actually be really immersive. If the next game is along those lines, so be it, it could be amazing.

But I swear I often adore the gameplay in the last game, smoothly taking a few people out without ads, perfect reverse jetpack up onto a ledge or whatever, rocket another guy, rolljump off ledge, scattergun another guy...etc etc

Didn't always work lol, but when it did and you were on fire it was thrilling.

If its true its defo all changing, will be a sad loss to me. :'(

Please leave your respects for these fantastic game mechanics here.

Replies

• ATE_ARMS wrote: »

PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I hate rolling.
  • ATE_ARMS
    317 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I loved rolling off ledges and stuff and pretending I was sonic gathering power up coins

Its obnoxious on PC though, from what I saw
  • It will be improved to feel more star wars...Jump pack troopers will be limited, rolling will return in some way, blaster fights will be more engaging because units will feel more unique and the maps will be more alive from diverse alien creatures and characters strolled across the maps
  • I like the star card system and will hopefully not be missing it. We are in the minority of liking the basic game of BF1 (just need more content). Hopefully EA knows what they doing
  • Them Taking away jump packs and or limiting them is just putting the game on rails for the "Realistics" So much for fun and imagination. Lets just make a shooter like all the rest of the shooters. smh
  • I'm too used to the star card system at this point.
    TFA-10.7.gif
  • The problem with rolling is that people use it way too much. It's just plain goofy when I see a stormtrooper rolling around like a professional gymnast. But I love the jump pack. It's a staple of my Star Card hand since the spawn points in the first game are so far from the objective.
  • People who love the jump pack....So you just want to see 40 people running it along with the EE3 , bubble shield, and the bacta bomb? GTFOH... Don't you see....There is no diversity in loadouts with the current star cards...Everyone has gravitated towards the same loudouts and really breaks the immersion...Oh and team play is dead in this game...No one PTFO...Just camps the hero/vehicle power ups and spams the childish emotes....The current system is garbage....I'm happy to see the changes
  • Frix
    626 posts Member
    People who love the jump pack....So you just want to see 40 people running it along with the EE3 , bubble shield, and the bacta bomb? GTFOH... Don't you see....There is no diversity in loadouts with the current star cards...Everyone has gravitated towards the same loudouts and really breaks the immersion...Oh and team play is dead in this game...No one PTFO...Just camps the hero/vehicle power ups and spams the childish emotes....The current system is garbage....I'm happy to see the changes

Ditto
  • People who love the jump pack....So you just want to see 40 people running it along with the EE3 , bubble shield, and the bacta bomb? GTFOH... Don't you see....There is no diversity in loadouts with the current star cards...Everyone has gravitated towards the same loudouts and really breaks the immersion...Oh and team play is dead in this game...No one PTFO...Just camps the hero/vehicle power ups and spams the childish emotes....The current system is garbage....I'm happy to see the changes

Those using jetpack bacta and bubble are usually the ones playing the objectives the hardest

It's the developer's fault. People wouldn't use the jump pack so much if the spawn points weren't miles away from the action.

Those using jetpack bacta and bubble are usually the ones playing the objectives the hardest

Exactly. Rushing towards the Conrol points, defending control points, etc Jet Pack and Bubble were def great for those scenarios, Or even the Droid REscue on DeathStar.

The only time I see the EE3 layout that those guys complain about is on Blast. Supremacy I see a vast of different load outs whatever each player preferred.
    First of all, I play without jetpack occasionally on big maps, and you obviously are able to take in much more of the experience than the jetpacking about etc. It can actually be really immersive. If the next game is along those lines, so be it, it could be amazing.

But I swear I often adore the gameplay in the last game, smoothly taking a few people out without ads, perfect reverse jetpack up onto a ledge or whatever, rocket another guy, rolljump off ledge, scattergun another guy...etc etc

Another troll thread? Or being sarcastic?
  • Frix
    626 posts Member
    ATE_ARMS wrote: »

Seems like it. Who would actually want a game with less depth?
  • Strogg1980
    2570 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Them Taking away jump packs and or limiting them is just putting the game on rails for the "Realistics" So much for fun and imagination. Lets just make a shooter like all the rest of the shooters. smh

If thats the case, Ill gladly take "Realism" over spamming and 3/4 of my team with one Ability. Hell Yeah, keep those restrictions coming then!
    I loved rolling off ledges and stuff and pretending I was sonic gathering power up coins

Its obnoxious on PC though, from what I saw

Genuinely enjoy it man, I love the fast pace of the game.
  • Frix wrote: »

Not at all man. Like I mentioned earlier, when you're on fire its unreal.

Take a map like sorosuub pipelines for example, there are so many ledges and pipes etc to jump onto and such, when you're on your game and every move is pinpoint precise..you're jetpacking onto pipes, I'm talking bang centre of that pipe, running along, dropping down, taking some rebel scum out, roll into a recess or tunnel entrance chased by some other guy, escaping leaving dioxis in your wake, reverse jetpack through the tunnel rattling shots off at the guy weakened by dioxis....it goes on

And its beautiful. I'm not sure why people wouldn't like it, though I understand why people want to move away from the jetpacking

I realise all this talk of pipes and rolling is like some weird sonic n Mario hybrid too, so don't even start lol
  • Frix
    626 posts Member
    Frix wrote: »

Take a map like sorosuub pipelines for example, there are so many ledges and pipes etc to jump onto and such, when you're on your game and every move is pinpoint precise..you're jetpacking onto pipes, I'm talking bang centre of that pipe, running along, dropping down, taking some rebel scum out, roll into a recess or tunnel entrance chased by some other guy, escaping leaving dioxis in your wake, reverse jetpack through the tunnel rattling shots off at the guy weakened by dioxis....it goes on

And its beautiful. I'm not sure why people wouldn't like it, though I understand why people want to move away from the jetpacking

I realise all this talk of pipes and rolling is like some weird sonic n Mario hybrid too, so don't even start lol

Speaking to just the JumpPacks and rolling it just seems really odd for a Star Wars game. I wouldn't really have any problems in some other random game.
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    People who love the jump pack....So you just want to see 40 people running it along with the EE3 , bubble shield, and the bacta bomb? GTFOH... Don't you see....There is no diversity in loadouts with the current star cards...Everyone has gravitated towards the same loudouts and really breaks the immersion...Oh and team play is dead in this game...No one PTFO...Just camps the hero/vehicle power ups and spams the childish emotes....The current system is garbage....I'm happy to see the changes

Thats because that is the most viable loadout to compete. Any other loadout is masochism or plain UP.
  • Alvonator wrote: »

Thats because that is the most viable loadout to compete. Any other loadout is masochism or plain UP.

Indeed I win mvp just about every match of WA with this hand. I do switch it up for small modes though
  • Frix wrote: »

Speaking to just the JumpPacks and rolling it just seems really odd for a star wars game

Not that odd lol, look at how boba went :o :# :D
  • Frix
    626 posts Member

Speaking to just the JumpPacks and rolling it just seems really odd for a star wars game

Not that odd lol, look at how boba went :o :# :D

thats a jet pack not jump pack and show me a movie clip of a storm trooper with a jump pack.