criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Who Else Wants First-Person View Only?

Prev1
I, personally, believe that the game would be better if the only view available were first-person, and there are multiple reasons for this.

1: 1st person doesn't let you sit at a corner while being able to see down an entire corridor, line up your shot, then pop out and instantly kill your target. This isn't me simply whining about dying this way, as I have dished out a LOT of OHKs with my CA-87 this way. I've come to face it that my favorite "tactic" is really just a gimmick that dumbs down gameplay.

2: Immersion into the Star Wars universe. Does anyone remember the first (or one of) trailer for the first Battlefront EA game? The majority of it was in first-person view. Why? Because you are much more immersed into the Star Wars universe. You can see the snowflakes or the rain trickling onto your blaster, you can see your breath in the cold air of Hoth, you can see the sands of Tattooine or Jakku blowing across your face, and you can feel the heat and smoke created by a nearby thermal detonator. Only in first-person can you truly appreciate the artwork that video games have become. However, you can see more of your surroundings, and around corners, in 3rd person, so becoming immersed into the battle requires you putting yourself at a huge disadvantage. This is why there shouldn't even be the option of 3rd person, because its gimmickyness will make 1st person obsolete.

3: The view gets messed up. Many times, while navigating terrain or moving around close-quarters, your head gets right in front of your reticle! Guess what, now you can't see anything! However, this issue is eliminated in 1st person.

As you can see, there are many advantages to having 1st person the only available view. What are some of the other pros of first-person view that I missed?

Thanks for reading,
TheConsoleKing98

Replies

  • AwesomeKillJoy
    1426 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Log off, hurry! You're about to be slaughtered. Couldn't agree more with #1 though and I think #1 alone is why some players want 3rd person to return.
    Member of the 501st
  • #1 is an issue that needs to be addressed.

    #2 and #3 are just 'pros' for first person in your opinion, but not necessarily a reason it should be the ONLY view available.
  • I prefer 1st person, but I think they should keep the option because I just like options.

    Maybe I'll always choose cheese pizza over pepperoni, but I don't think everyone around me should have to eat cheese if they want pepperoni
  • Linge1416
    1507 posts Member
    I personally like first person over third person, but everyone should be able to play in their own way. Didn't they also state that in the new battlefront first person is going to have a slight advantage over third person?
    dq8iS1t.gif
  • ross42899
    1403 posts Member
    I like to see my own trooper during combat.
  • rollind24
    4889 posts Member
    I don't see a reason for forcing either one. I like the idea of hopefully having the option of servers having one or the other.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • No I like 3rd person better than 1st person and it is always good to have options. If you like 1st person you should be able to play in 1st person. If you like 3rd person you should be able to play in 3rd petson. Why limit our options?
  • I prefer 1st person, but I think they should keep the option because I just like options.

    Maybe I'll always choose cheese pizza over pepperoni, but I don't think everyone around me should have to eat cheese if they want pepperoni
    Linge1416 wrote: »
    I personally like first person over third person, but everyone should be able to play in their own way. Didn't they also state that in the new battlefront first person is going to have a slight advantage over third person?

    I agree that people should be able to enjoy the game I their own way, but for PvP purposes, the option of 3rd person view harms gameplay for everyone.
  • The Original Battlefronts had 3rd person then you soon in to become 2nd or 1st person.
    I'd like both to be in here since I like 3rd more than first and it's how Battlefront to me should be played, but to each their own.
    Conclusion: Both views in here not just one.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    I much rather 1st person and I'm alright with heroes being 3rd person so their great visuals can be shown off, but I really don't care if other people play in 3rd person. Just give people a choice and play to your preference
  • I, personally, believe that the game would be better if the only view available were first-person, and there are multiple reasons for this.

    1: 1st person doesn't let you sit at a corner while being able to see down an entire corridor, line up your shot, then pop out and instantly kill your target. This isn't me simply whining about dying this way, as I have dished out a LOT of OHKs with my CA-87 this way. I've come to face it that my favorite "tactic" is really just a gimmick that dumbs down gameplay.

    2: Immersion into the Star Wars universe. Does anyone remember the first (or one of) trailer for the first Battlefront EA game? The majority of it was in first-person view. Why? Because you are much more immersed into the Star Wars universe. You can see the snowflakes or the rain trickling onto your blaster, you can see your breath in the cold air of Hoth, you can see the sands of Tattooine or Jakku blowing across your face, and you can feel the heat and smoke created by a nearby thermal detonator. Only in first-person can you truly appreciate the artwork that video games have become. However, you can see more of your surroundings, and around corners, in 3rd person, so becoming immersed into the battle requires you putting yourself at a huge disadvantage. This is why there shouldn't even be the option of 3rd person, because its gimmickyness will make 1st person obsolete.

    3: The view gets messed up. Many times, while navigating terrain or moving around close-quarters, your head gets right in front of your reticle! Guess what, now you can't see anything! However, this issue is eliminated in 1st person.

    As you can see, there are many advantages to having 1st person the only available view. What are some of the other pros of first-person view that I missed?

    Thanks for reading,
    TheConsoleKing98

    I personally like 3 red person better, but I think we should get both.
  • I agree that #2 and #3 are just preference or due to pathetic programming. Let's be honest though, the ability to see around corners or an entire area while completely covered is ridiculous.
  • Joonlar
    1154 posts Member
    Battlefront is a 3rd person game in my eyes.
  • Nope. Keep as is.
  • Out of curiosity, why do you, if applicable, prefer 3rd person over 1st?
  • I agree that #2 and #3 are just preference or due to pathetic programming. Let's be honest though, the ability to see around corners or an entire area while completely covered is ridiculous.

    +1, only bad players want it differently. Can't tell you how much of my gameplay experience was ruined from corner peeking.
    Member of the 501st
  • +1, only bad players want it differently.

    :joy: could have been a little more subtle lol.
  • Out of curiosity, why do you, if applicable, prefer 3rd person over 1st?

    Feels more like the original games.
    Don't like FPS since it's way too constrictive.
    Just used to the original battlefront, many others liked the original 3rd person for anything but zooming in.
    I tried 1st person in EA Battlefront but it wasn't fun.
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    3rd person is a staple in the Star Wars Battlefront series. It should and WILL ALWAYS remain in the series whether you like it or not....Most player prefer it anyway.
  • +1, only bad players want it differently.

    :joy: could have been a little more subtle lol.

    People ruining everyone's experience over an exploit to rack up K/D don't deserve to be treated nicely. I hope corner peeking is removed in SWBF2.
    Member of the 501st
  • +1, only bad players want it differently.

    :joy: could have been a little more subtle lol.

    People ruining everyone's experience over an exploit to rack up K/D don't deserve to be treated nicely. I hope corner peeking is removed in SWBF2.

    They already confirmed that 3rd person will not be as OP/advatageous than 1st person in SWBF2. It is a good decision. But, 3rd person should remain.
  • They have said that both views will have advantages and disadvantages to make it balanced
    rWnfFLl.gif
  • Alvonator wrote: »
    +1, only bad players want it differently.

    :joy: could have been a little more subtle lol.

    People ruining everyone's experience over an exploit to rack up K/D don't deserve to be treated nicely. I hope corner peeking is removed in SWBF2.

    They already confirmed that 3rd person will not be as OP/advatageous than 1st person in SWBF2. It is a good decision. But, 3rd person should remain.

    In that case, I welcome 3rd person back and I'm glad they made that decision.
    Member of the 501st
  • I agree that 3rd person is part of the original battlefront, but you have to remember that was before the huge focus on PvP. Can we agree that it does alter gameplay for the worse, even just a little bit? If not, then I'll drop the whole thing. I just wanted to see if other players agreed with my observations and if the community, as a whole and not just myself, wanted this change.
  • I enjoy both 1st and 3rd person, but would very much enjoy being able to play on 1st person only servers as well. Not being able to see above and around cover from a concealed position really changes the game dynamic. They could at least add it as an option via the "Private Match" feature if that's carried over. Even better, include a server browser with the ability to host and configure our own servers that way we could build our own sandboxes rather than our only option being to play in EA's one size fits all matchmaking sandbox. Power to the players EA, make it happen!
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    It just won't happen, it's something they won't take out of the game. Plus, they already both will have their pros and cons.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • I agree that 3rd person is part of the original battlefront, but you have to remember that was before the huge focus on PvP. Can we agree that it does alter gameplay for the worse, even just a little bit? If not, then I'll drop the whole thing. I just wanted to see if other players agreed with my observations and if the community, as a whole and not just myself, wanted this change.

    Yes, 3rd person is much more advantageous than 1st person in SWBF1.

    But like I previously said, in SWBF2 that will no longer be the case. The devs are looking to improve 1st person view and to remove the OPness of 3rd person view (corner peeking).

    If both are balanced, they should return.
  • Power to the players EA, make it happen!

    Make Video Games Great Again!
  • Alvonator wrote: »
    I agree that 3rd person is part of the original battlefront, but you have to remember that was before the huge focus on PvP. Can we agree that it does alter gameplay for the worse, even just a little bit? If not, then I'll drop the whole thing. I just wanted to see if other players agreed with my observations and if the community, as a whole and not just myself, wanted this change.

    Yes, 3rd person is much more advantageous than 1st person in SWBF1.

    But like I previously said, in SWBF2 that will no longer be the case. The devs are looking to improve 1st person view and to remove the OPness of 3rd person view (corner peeking).

    If both are balanced, they should return.

    If the can balance the two, then I completely agree with keeping the option. However, isn't the ability to corner peek OP, and would they being able to make a 3rd person view without that ability?
  • Agherosh wrote: »
    It just won't happen, it's something they won't take out of the game. Plus, they already both will have their pros and cons.

    Please tell me the current pros that 1st person have over 3rd.
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    Agherosh wrote: »
    It just won't happen, it's something they won't take out of the game. Plus, they already both will have their pros and cons.

    Please tell me the current pros that 1st person have over 3rd.

    Current, none. I said "Will have". The developers already confirmed that 1st person will have some advantages over 3rd to make them balanced.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Agherosh wrote: »
    Agherosh wrote: »
    It just won't happen, it's something they won't take out of the game. Plus, they already both will have their pros and cons.

    Please tell me the current pros that 1st person have over 3rd.

    Current, none. I said "Will have". The developers already confirmed that 1st person will have some advantages over 3rd to make them balanced.

    I stand corrected :wink:
  • I like seeing my own character, and you are being given the choice of playing in either mode.
    TFA-10.7.gif
  • What would be the point of all this customization if we couldn't see ourselves with it on ?
  • Didn't they almost not do 3rd person in this first installment? The backlash was nuts so they added it. No way they'll take it away.

    And then you had complaints about DLC splitting the community and DICE said they don't want to make a fragmented community so I doubt 1st person and 3rd person players will have dedicated servers for the 2nd game because it'll split the community.

    TC, I respect your concerns and opinion, but I can basically guarantee you won't get what you want on this topic.
  • Agherosh wrote: »
    It just won't happen, it's something they won't take out of the game. Plus, they already both will have their pros and cons.

    Please tell me the current pros that 1st person have over 3rd.

    They've said it'll give you much better accuracy over 3rd person. Don't know why this was overlooked. :-/
  • Agherosh wrote: »
    It just won't happen, it's something they won't take out of the game. Plus, they already both will have their pros and cons.

    Please tell me the current pros that 1st person have over 3rd.

    They've said it'll give you much better accuracy over 3rd person. Don't know why this was overlooked. :-/

    There were a "few" things that were overlooked in the first game.
  • Battlefronts all about datt third person
    tumblr_lknytvAKtp1qe58u2.jpg
  • 2000sGuy
    5833 posts Member
    Two first person threads on the main page? Which should I leave my thoughts on?
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Agherosh wrote: »
    It just won't happen, it's something they won't take out of the game. Plus, they already both will have their pros and cons.

    Please tell me the current pros that 1st person have over 3rd.

    They've said it'll give you much better accuracy over 3rd person. Don't know why this was overlooked. :-/

    There were a "few" things that were overlooked in the first game.

    I'm saying why is everyone overlooking it regarding the new system in the new game. I'm not talking about last game. I'm saying 1st will have better accuracy over 3rd so it's already better.
    Conclusion: Both can be in-game and have their own pros and cons and nostalgic values.
  • God no! It's fine as an option but I don't want to be forced to use it love seeing my character in action especially heroes also I can know what's going on around me better. If it was only first person customization would be nearly pointless
  • No thanks to 1st.
  • Eh taking away 3rd person in Battlefront is like making a Gears of War game 1st person all of the sudden: It would be dumb.

    Gears of War has the same thing where you can sit at a corner and see the whole way down. The solution to not getting picked off running down a corner? Don't go down the corner like a maniac or better yet go another route. So many times I would kill those 3rd person corner camper saps by getting behind them and blasting them away.

    I really cannot recall in all my time of playing Battlefront when I would run down a hallway that I would get shot down right away over and over by the same guy. I do remember grenade spam like crazy but thats not a 3rd person issue at all. If someone is dumb enough to run down a hallway and die because they did not think there would be someone peeking around waiting for a victim they need to be more prepared. This is coming from someone that plays a lot of first person shooters and plays them well.

    I play Battlefront in 3rd though because I like seeing my character. If Battlefront was 1st person only (which it won't be because they already said its got 3rd) then its really only going to make it easier for me honestly. The argument of bad players only use 3rd person is silly. I like that Battlefront gives the player the option, something different from a lot of the shooters on the market.
  • WodiQuix
    4385 posts Member
    I'd love first person only servers. I only play in first person, and the reasons you listed are the reasons I use it and love it.
  • SG-17
    111 posts Member
    Its not Battlefront without third person.
    Visit The Star Wars: Battlefront Community for clans and tournaments on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Established 2007.
  • They can make 1st person view only servers, but they should not remove the 3rd person view since a lot of people like it and it was in both originals battlefront
  • Frix
    626 posts Member
    KLATZ55 wrote: »
    They can make 1st person view only servers, but they should not remove the 3rd person view since a lot of people like it and it was in both originals battlefront

    I support this.
  • KLATZ55 wrote: »
    They can make 1st person view only servers, but they should not remove the 3rd person view since a lot of people like it and it was in both originals battlefront

    That will split up the community though. If they are able to somehow eliminate corner peeking in 3rd person, and have it so that you see the same amount of your surroundings for either view, then I think having the option is great. However, if the view has a negative effect on gameplay, then that's when it needs to go.
  • I don't know, I think 3rd person is part of battlefront's heart. I can't see it being taken out.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good forum post kid.
  • I disagree. Everyone have own play style.
Sign In or Register to comment.