criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Who Else Wants First-Person View Only?

2Next

Replies

• YOU can play in first person because that's an option. However, I enjoy playing in third person and it's here to stay, so don't complain. Both POVs were an option in the originals.
  • KLATZ55
    125 posts Member
    KLATZ55 wrote: »
    They can make 1st person view only servers, but they should not remove the 3rd person view since a lot of people like it and it was in both originals battlefront

That will split up the community though. If they are able to somehow eliminate corner peeking in 3rd person, and have it so that you see the same amount of your surroundings for either view, then I think having the option is great. However, if the view has a negative effect on gameplay, then that's when it needs to go.

You're right on the splitting community . I don't support the corner peeking but I don't think they re going to remove it. I don't have in mind a game that actually resolved that problem. Maybe they can blur the view to prevent abusing that tactic.
  • I prefer 3rd person. I wouldn't have bought Battlefront if it wasn't an option.
  • I completely disagree. I didn't play 3rd person to get a better aim at enemies. I played 3rd person because 1st person just feels, I don't know, claustrophobic in a way. 3rd person just feels more natural in a video game setting
    So this is how Liberty dies, with thunderous applause

giphy.gif

• Battlefront isn't battlefront without third person.

I do not think they should remove it. Instead, if they were to have a server browser and private servers (like in battlefield 1) then they could add an option to disable third person. Id be fine with that, as it would give people who dislike third person the ability to play without it.

But, i'm not sure if that'll be the case or if we will have dedicated servers only like in the previous game.
  • I generally enjoy FPS games, of varying types and series, but Battlefront will always be a 3rd Person series to me. It would just feel awkward to have it any other way, in my opinion. Feel free to use 1st Person if you want, but I'd rather not have this be an FPS.
  • Every 3rd person player is now an enemy of the Republic.
  • Frix
    626 posts Member
    pumpnight wrote: »
    Battlefront isn't battlefront without third person.

I do not think they should remove it. Instead, if they were to have a server browser and private servers (like in battlefield 1) then they could add an option to disable third person. Id be fine with that, as it would give people who dislike third person the ability to play without it.

But, i'm not sure if that'll be the case or if we will have dedicated servers only like in the previous game.

This should be the case.
    Every 3rd person player is now an enemy of the Republic.

:D
  • YES, first person view for COMPETITIVE only.
  • should be 1st person all the way, if anyone here plays Destiny you'll know what i mean..
  • It's your opinion don't want play in third person Then don't you can't stop others from playing in third person
  • Alex64
    5796 posts Member
    This is Battlefront not Battlefield, stop asking 1st person only.
  • Old_fella_1963
    4697 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Been asked gizillion times ?1P only server then sorted otherwise no ... plus posts in forums are ~ 0.01% of the playing community
  • They should just make Battlefront an isometric turn-based RPG game to make all y'all quiet. ;)
  • Alex64
    5796 posts Member
    Both views could work together, there's no need for restrictions.
  • 3rd person only for me.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Here's a solution:
    Both views stay
    1st has better accuracy and maybe camera pan speed
    3rd has worse accuracy and maybe slower camera and also recentered to be like the original battlefront
  • I prefer 3rd person,classic battlefront
    if I want first person I go to other games personally.
    It is alright for me being able to switch as it is now
  • Gothic_Mando
    1772 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    ross42899 wrote: »
    I like to see my own trooper during combat.

I love seeing how badass he looks, especially when customised, as he mows down enemies. Reminds me im not just playing a modded COD.

The problem with requests like these is, instead of asking for something new to be added, youre asking to take away a feature alot of players really enjoy.
    Let's have that new large Conquest-style mode offline in Arcade!^^

Objective modes for Custom Arcade

Large maps and vehicles for Custom Arcade

Pre-round skin selector for Custom Arcade

Custom Playlists for Custom Arcade

Remove the map boundaries for Custom Arcade

AI Enforcers for Custom Arcade too!

#SoloPlayersMatter

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade mode on my YouTube too!^^
  • DarkSideUser86
    147 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    No, thanks.. I don't wanna be limited to "First Person" view. I would much rather them maintain the option to switch between First and Third Person at any given time, as it is in Battlefront (2015).

However, having said that.. I would like to see the First Person view mode improved. If you're a trooper, obviously you have a helmet on.. But I'd like to be able to have my First Person view, from behind the visor. Like how the "Republic Commando" game did it (or at the very least, have the option to unlock that type of view, as a reward of some sort, with attainable credits or points or w/e:

SWRepublicCommando_2010-10-10_21-49-08-45.jpg

ab06dae037fc6740a4db06e17eff45d5ff2f137c9d6431f0503cd60caba612c3.jpg
  • WodiQuix
    4493 posts Member
    No, thanks.. I don't wanna be limited to "First Person" view. I would much rather them maintain the option to switch between First and Third Person at any given time, as it is in Battlefront (2015).

However, having said that.. I would like to see the First Person view mode improved. If you're a trooper, obviously you have a helmet on.. But I'd like to be able to have my First Person view, from behind the visor. Like how the "Republic Commando" game did it (or at the very least, have the option to unlock that type of view, as a reward of some sort, with attainable credits or points or w/e:

SWRepublicCommando_2010-10-10_21-49-08-45.jpg

ab06dae037fc6740a4db06e17eff45d5ff2f137c9d6431f0503cd60caba612c3.jpg

I'd love that! I wouldn't even care if I was playing at a "disadvantage." It would look awesome!
  • I only play third person but I suppose I could get used to first if I had to, I would be dissapointed though.

Luckily it's been confirmed 3rd will still be in this game.
  • 3rd person is for the kill obsessed children who think 100-200 kills a match means something... 1st person would stop that altogether...
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    3rd person is for the kill obsessed children who think 100-200 kills a match means something... 1st person would stop that altogether...

You obviously have no idea what you are saying lol.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Agherosh wrote: »
    3rd person is for the kill obsessed children who think 100-200 kills a match means something... 1st person would stop that altogether...

sure do, but thanks for being a bully...
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Agherosh wrote: »

Bully? Because I say you don't know what you are saying after saying something as dumb as that? Most people play 3rd person, you may not like it, but not everyone likes 1st person, and all those people aren't kill obsessed children. You are just mad you get killed by them.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Lonnisity
    1941 posts Member
    No to 1st person only. Third person stays.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • I don't want 1st person only, star wars battlefront is unique, it is different than COD or battlefield, I am a casual gamer, and I don't like it that hard core gamers force their opinion and ruin it for everyone else, there are so much first person shooters, it is boring, all the same, Battlefront 2 must keep its uniqueness
  • I personally think first person is a gimmick and a joke. I personally don't like tunnel vision or viewing through a Pvc pipe. Don't go telling me how realistic it is, it blows imo, you have the right to hate 3rd and that's fine, I just happen to hate first and doesn't look like I'm alone. If you guys want first play cod, or battlefield, or overwatch, or doom, the lists goes on.
  • 3rd person is for the kill obsessed children who think 100-200 kills a match means something... 1st person would stop that altogether...

Bully? Because I say you don't know what you are saying after saying something as dumb as that? Most people play 3rd person, you may not like it, but not everyone likes 1st person, and all those people aren't kill obsessed children. You are just mad you get killed by them.

Most who complain about 3rd person because its 'easier' to get kills don't really understand what they are saying. Having everyone running around in 1st person would make no difference. Good players will and CAN rack up lots of kills in a match just as easily if in 1st person. For anyone that has played any exclusive 1st person shooters before I'm sure you've seen players with extremely high kill counts before. In Halo Big Team Battle I'm usually the player with 30+ more kills than anyone else in the lobby getting an average of 50-60 kills per game. In Black Ops III last night in a regular match I saw a dude with 90+ kills and he was playing the objective and won the match.

Removing 3rd person won't do jack in reducing kill counts at all, thats not something 3rd person makes easier to do regardless if players want to believe it or not. Dumb players that run around like headless chickens are the ones who feed players with high kill counts, those type of players will never go away. Proficient players will kill you regardless if they play in 1st or 3rd person. I like Battlefront having 3rd person because its not every day a modern shooter offers both views to choose from.
  • Why the hell would we limit ourselves. Why can't both options just be available? Because if they are not EA and Dice know for a fact people will complain that their point of view isn't available in Battlefront II when it was in the first one.
  • Give both options, why not, that way everyone gets what they want. But as the realism thing that keeps coming up, how about the absurd combat roll, ya think that would work well in real life, go try that one at home. Don't see any complaints about it being unrealistic, just sayin.
  • ross42899 wrote: »
    I like to see my own trooper during combat.

Same here
    Though I agree with the problem of camping in the corners, but I prefer to switch between 1st and 3rd person
    I like to use the latter when using heavy blasters
    Experience outranks everything
  • Frix
    626 posts Member
    DiscoverME wrote: »
    They should just make Battlefront an isometric turn-based RPG game to make all y'all quiet. ;)

I actually want galactic conquest so kinda
  • Frix
    626 posts Member

He means that many play 3rd person just to corner peak and get free kills.
  • LastOneToKnow
    600 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    KLATZ55 wrote: »
    They can make 1st person view only servers, but they should not remove the 3rd person view since a lot of people like it and it was in both originals battlefront

That will split up the community though.

Well maybe if
    Frix wrote: »

He means that many play 3rd person just to corner peak and get free kills.

It's not just about corner peaking, i.e. taking advantage of the third person camera from a stationary position while face planted into something. The camera position provides for seeing above and around cover to varying degrees, irrespective of what you're doing. That being said, I enjoy first and third person view. I enjoy being able to change between both on the fly. At the same time, I'd love for a change of pace to be able to join a first person only server, preferably one that was also configured to disable any other game aspects that provide for wall hacks and so forth. A server browser and the ability to rent and configure our own servers anyone? Allowing players to build their own sandboxes will only serve to strengthen the player base and increase the longevity of the game, but then again, maybe EA doesn't want that.
  • Keep 3rd person! Would hate it if SWBFII only has 1st person
    Xbox One: Firewall17 - I Love Star Wars: Battlefront 2! No regrets buying it and never will! - Also on >The List<
  • Firewall17 wrote: »
    Keep 3rd person! Would hate it if SWBFII only has 1st person

This.
  • Nobody. Star Wars: Battlefront has always been a 3rd person game first and foremost, with an optional 1st person view. 3rd person should never be removed; end of story.

Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • I actually want THIRD person view only.
  • rollind24
    5176 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    All this talk about corner peeking and no ones mentioning the previous game allows you to see through walls..... It is hard to give up that blue bath, shield or jump pack though.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I think both is fine.. so both sides are pleased.
    Much Star Wars.Very forums.

• 1: 1st person doesn't let you sit at a corner while being able to see down an entire corridor, line up your shot, then pop out and instantly kill your target. This isn't me simply whining about dying this way, as I have dished out a LOT of OHKs with my CA-87 this way. I've come to face it that my favorite "tactic" is really just a gimmick that dumbs down gameplay.

Pretty much,

Hue Hue
  • Mystical wrote: »

Most who complain about 3rd person because its 'easier' to get kills don't really understand what they are saying. Having everyone running around in 1st person would make no difference. Good players will and CAN rack up lots of kills in a match just as easily if in 1st person. For anyone that has played any exclusive 1st person shooters before I'm sure you've seen players with extremely high kill counts before. In Halo Big Team Battle I'm usually the player with 30+ more kills than anyone else in the lobby getting an average of 50-60 kills per game. In Black Ops III last night in a regular match I saw a dude with 90+ kills and he was playing the objective and won the match.

Removing 3rd person won't do jack in reducing kill counts at all, thats not something 3rd person makes easier to do regardless if players want to believe it or not. Dumb players that run around like headless chickens are the ones who feed players with high kill counts, those type of players will never go away. Proficient players will kill you regardless if they play in 1st or 3rd person. I like Battlefront having 3rd person because its not every day a modern shooter offers both views to choose from.

ive been playing Destiny, a first person shooter since the game came out... in their PVP matches you dont see 1 or more players with high kill counts... maybe because the matches are shorter.. or maybe because in 1st person you dont have the advantage of seeing everything around you... 3rd person you can see for miles... 1st person you can see a few feet... you need 1st person period... it is what shooters were based upon... you want to play 3rd person, keep it to the campaign only...
  • Gomen
    482 posts Member
    I think they should add the restriction as an option for servers.
    Friend me on PSN. My GT is O_lVl_E_N.
  • I agree
  • this game will have both 1st & 3rd person
    it's the way to go for SWBF series
    it's not Battlefield
    BUT> ADS should give bonus to the shooter> better results than hip-firing
  • If it's just 1st person then there's really no point in customising I enjoy seeing my own character looks etc if you're silly enough to die by someone camping in a corridor you need to have a better awareness
  • Mystical wrote: »

ive been playing Destiny, a first person shooter since the game came out... in their PVP matches you dont see 1 or more players with high kill counts... maybe because the matches are shorter.. or maybe because in 1st person you dont have the advantage of seeing everything around you... 3rd person you can see for miles... 1st person you can see a few feet... you need 1st person period... it is what shooters were based upon... you want to play 3rd person, keep it to the campaign only...

Nope, this series has always had third person and it should stay that way. I'm all for them allowing an option for first person only in private matches(let's be honest, we aren't getting private servers), but demanding it for everyone else in multiplayer is just silly. A better and more likely option would be for them to adjust the camera a bit so that it isn't as easy to peek around corners.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Not just battlefront but everyone has always said first person view in games is more realistic because it's like looking through your characters eyes...

but couldn't you also say 3rd person view is more realistic because you can see your peripherals in third person? In real life you don't just see the world through a flat window in front of you.

Overall I think it should be up to preference. I play in third person but if they change something to stop corner peeking I won't mind.

the corner peeking thing would be at least 50% solved if they just made it so you had to pause the game to switch which shoulder your looking over. I think most other third person shooters are like that, there's usually an option in the pause menu if you want the camera over their left or right shoulder. You'd still kind of be able to peak around whichever side you set it to but being able to do it at will whenever you want is what makes it a big advantage.