criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Why are First Order Trooper helmets different than in movie in game?

ThatShibaThing
312 posts Member
edited April 2017
If you look close enough you can notice a notable difference between the FO helmets in the movie and how EA presented them in pictures for the game.

game:

starwarsbattlefrontii-4-2.jpg

movie:

TFAStd01-1536x864-533318783063.png

Much Star Wars.Very forums.

Replies

• ThatShibaThing
    312 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    The game version isn't mesh where the "mouth" is. its lined and segmented like original troopers

zoom up on the mouth of the game's version to see difference.
  • Huh?
    confused-storm-trooper.jpg

Maybe I'm just old and blind.
  • Huh?

Zoom up on the picture from the game. look at the right guy its easier to spot. you see where the spot that looks like the troopers mouth? it has the classic look of the lines (the grey ones in the picture you showed me) its subtle but its kind of weird.. don't know if it means anything. Tell me if you notice it.
  • We have other things to worry about in this game and we're seriously talking about helmets? Helmets!
  • It's because they changed the look for The Last Jedi. Kinda like how Kylo's scar was purposely changed because Rian Johnson thought the one in TFA looked ridiculous.
    c9GgGfMmBytDBUetXZKUbg-480-80.jpg
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • We have other things to worry about in this game and we're seriously talking about helmets? Helmets!

Just wondering :P
  • ThatShibaThing
    312 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    It's because they changed the look for The Last Jedi. Kinda like how Kylo's scar was purposely changed because Rian Johnson thought the one in TFA looked ridiculous.

Oh wow cool.. I think I like it better.
  • Now they don't look so chubby. They still look like gummy bears.
    Vroom Vroom!

• Huh?

If you zoom in on the FO troopers helmets in the screenshot, you can see that they still have the "grill" that was on the the Imperial Stormtroopers helmets, when they're not supposed to have those. It's supposed to just be a mesh lining. The trooper on the right shows it best.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Huh?

If you zoom in on the FO troopers helmets in the screenshot, you can see that they still have the "grill" that was on the the Imperial Stormtroopers helmets, when they're not supposed to have those. It's supposed to just be a mesh lining. The trooper on the right shows it best.

Yay glad you noticed it.
  • Huh?

Yay glad you noticed it.

Only because you pointed out, it but I can see it quite clearly now that you've mentioned it.
    It's because they changed the look for The Last Jedi. Kinda like how Kylo's scar was purposely changed because Rian Johnson thought the one in TFA looked ridiculous.

Wait, so you're saying that with a time-skip of exactly 0 minutes between TFA and TLJ that all FO Stormtroopers have now suddenly got different helmets? Well that's going to be a nightmare for all the cosplayers and replica manufacturers to deal with, isn't it?
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Huh?

Zoom up on the picture from the game. look at the right guy its easier to spot. you see where the spot that looks like the troopers mouth? it has the classic look of the lines (the grey ones in the picture you showed me) its subtle but its kind of weird.. don't know if it means anything. Tell me if you notice it.
    Huh?

You youngsters and your fresh eyes. I see it now. Definitely more noticeable on the right trooper from the explosion reflection.

I'm just getting old apparently. But don't you worry....I still got it where it counts.
    harrison-ford-han-solo-smiling.jpg
  • xSha3nx
    340 posts Member
    You youngsters and your fresh eyes. I see it now. Definitely more noticeable on the right trooper from the explosion reflection.

I'm just getting old apparently. But don't you worry....I still got it where it counts.

Hahaha... Same with me...
  • Huh?

Huh?

LMAOO