criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Why buy Deluxe....

Alvonator
2510 posts Member
edited April 2017
...when I can pre-order the Standard edition and...
-get the nicer cover...
-get the pre-order bonus (Last Jedi skins & Millenium Falcon bonus)...
-level up and still unlock all of the Deluxe edition bonuses and...
-save myself 10 bucks.

Replies

• Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    *20 bucks.

I want to buy the deluxe but the only pro is that I will get 3 day early and the cons are that i will have to pay more and won't be able to progress from rock bottom like I want
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Yeah if I do preorder it will be the standard edition. I want to earn the weapons myself
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    *20 bucks.

I want to buy the deluxe but the only pro is that I will get 3 day early and the cons are that i will have to pay more and won't be able to progress from rock bottom like I want

I live in Canada. The standard is $79.99 and the deluxe is $99.99.

When I bought Battlefield 1, I got the deluxe edition with the 3 day early access and the exclusive weapon skins. Because of novelty I got them, but to be honest, I don't really care about weapon skins and the 3 day early access doesn't matter if in the long run because people don't play every second of the day, so they will only have the advantage for a couple of days. The early access really doesn't matter to me now, as I can easily catch up.

And, I have Prime, so its an automatic 20% off, which means that I would get SWBF2 for $64, which is an excellent deal for me.
  • So... do it then?
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    So... do it then?

Pre-order Standard?

I most definitely will. I just want to see gameplay first to reinforce that decision.

I'm still gonna play it regardless.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    Alvonator wrote: »
    *20 bucks.

When I bought Battlefield 1, I got the deluxe edition with the 3 day early access and the exclusive weapon skins. Because of novelty I got them, but to be honest, I don't really care about weapon skins and the 3 day early access doesn't matter if in the long run because people don't play every second of the day, so they will only have the advantage for a couple of days. The early access really doesn't matter to me now, as I can easily catch up.

And, I have Prime, so its an automatic 20% off, which means that I would get SWBF2 for $64, which is an excellent deal for me.

Wait....you pay $80 for new standard games???? I'd assume that inflation has something to due with this but I couldn't imagine paying $80 for a new basic game. $60 seems like a lot already. Anyway, I bought the Deluxe Edition for $80. It's supposed to give me special weapons and special ability modifiers for Rey and Kylo...or at least that's how interpreted it
  • Standard cover is better looking yes.
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    Landeaux wrote: »
    *20 bucks.

Wait....you pay $80 for new standard games???? I'd assume that inflation has something to due with this but I couldn't imagine paying $80 for a new basic game. $60 seems like a lot already. Anyway, I bought the Deluxe Edition for $80. It's supposed to give me special weapons and special ability modifiers for Rey and Kylo...or at least that's how interpreted it

Yeah, its usually more expensive in other countries like Canada, Australia and New Zealand, but thats just the way it is.
  • 59 USD = 79 Canadian dollars. he is getting the same price as US
  • Yeah remember when they said they are no going to add a season pass to keep the community together… "you're tearing us apart".
    What does DX in my name stand for?
  • Landeaux wrote: »
    *20 bucks.

$80 Canadian not American
  • Alvonator wrote: »
    ...when I can pre-order the Standard edition and...
    -get the nicer cover...
    -get the pre-order bonus (Last Jedi skins & Millenium Falcon bonus)...
    -level up and still unlock all of the Deluxe edition bonuses and...
    -save myself 10 bucks.

I probably would get the Deluxe Edition. You really get a big head start, and by the looks of it, you start out with "epic modifiers". Which might be tricky or take a while to get somehow? It might save you some time and allow you to enjoy it more, although I don't think it will make it pay to win.
    Vroom Vroom!

• Then again, I have Amazon Prime, so it makes the deluxe the price of Standard, which is awesome.
    Vroom Vroom!

• xSha3nx
    340 posts Member
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    Yeah if I do preorder it will be the standard edition. I want to earn the weapons myself

Yeah, same with me... earn the weapons myself too.
  • I got the deluxe edition because I want to play sooner. $100 isn't much. I spent more than that on the first game and right now the cost per hour of entertainment is $0.20.
  • Standard edition is good enough, seeing as I will unlock everything else eventually.
    TFA-10.7.gif