criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

orbital strike in battlefront 2?

will it be in the game?how will it be used?

Replies

• Will it operate when you click the button to fire?
  • They confirmed that pick ups on the maps are back. The orbital strike, thermal imploder and smart rocket are the ones confirmed so far.
  • bigjay
    787 posts Member
    A fully working one is all i need , the last rendition of it was a dumpster fire.
    PSN : BIG_JAY_ALLDAY it should have been this way day 1
  • ArchieKE wrote: »
    They confirmed that pick ups on the maps are back. The orbital strike, thermal imploder and smart rocket are the ones confirmed so far.

good info,thanks,but how do you know this?
    also If pickups are like tokens again I am really disappointed,
    that is a real shame if you have floating coins again.
  • ShowOff
    113 posts Member
    Will the orbital strike laser death beams still be green?
  • Don't want it to be a pick up. Should be an ability for officers and heroes like tarkin and thrawn.

There could be uplinks you can call an orbital in from.
  • I would like them to make it more powerful than it is now, but rarer to find.
  • It would be nice if there was a ship in orbit for it to actually come from as well.
  • lukewarm wrote: »
    ArchieKE wrote: »
    They confirmed that pick ups on the maps are back. The orbital strike, thermal imploder and smart rocket are the ones confirmed so far.

The pickups will be different since the blue tokens were a big complaint
  • Why do pick ups at all for orbital strike? Just make it a secondary objective on large outdoor maps. The team that controls this objective can radio their capital ships for an OS.

But as a secondary objective, you risk wasting manpower that could be used on the primary objective.
  • ShowOff wrote: »
    Will the orbital strike laser death beams still be green?

I would think it would be dependent on your faction. Green for Empire and First Order, Red for CIS, Rebels, and Resistance, Blue for Republic.
    lukewarm wrote: »
    ArchieKE wrote: »

I think strategically placed crates could work.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • rollind24
    4893 posts Member
    Will it operate when you click the button to fire?

Gold Jerry!
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24
    4893 posts Member
    Don't want it to be a pick up. Should be an ability for officers and heroes like tarkin and thrawn.

There could be uplinks you can call an orbital in from.

When I saw the officers epic ability the orbital strike is what I first thought of.
    #infantrylivesmatter