criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Its just dawned on me that I could get to play as Christopher lee

I'm a huge horror movie fan and the man is a god, but I've never even thought about this before. Aotc was my least favourite of all sw films but this was obviously nothing to do with the man himself

I'm gonna rewatch it right now to refresh my mind, but what do you anticipate his playstyle to be like? I know he was elegant as a **** but if anyone wants to nerd right out and speculate on his powers, emotes etc I would appreciate it

Also, Lee really appreciated his involvement in sw and also things such as lord of the rings, so licensing issues shouldn't rear their head should they? If they were ever even a legitimate issue anyway..

Cheers

Replies

• That censored word was **** btw, I didn't call him a ****
  • Or a ****
  • Oh man yes I love Christopher Lee!!
    I hope the voice actor does him justice

If they get the Clone Wars voice actors for the prequel heroes then boom it'll be good, except Grievous... I'm kinda split on either Clone Wars or Movie since they sound very different.
  • Doesnt he say something like 'I've been looking foward to this'

Imagine appearing out of the shadows and saying that before you face off with someone.

As long as they get Corey Burton, we're good.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Oh man yes I love Christopher Lee!!

If they get the Clone Wars voice actors for the prequel heroes then boom it'll be good, except Grievous... I'm kinda split on either Clone Wars or Movie since they sound very different.

Yeah the clone wars voice actor was great

Im not knocking the show, that's not terrible, but I would hope its better for the game
  • I haven't watched that cartoon in years except for the Grievous clips on youtube but wow Corey Burton sounds so much like Christopher Lee it's unreal!
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    Christopher Lee (Dooku) and Peter Cushing (Grand Moff Tarkin) were best friends in real life.

Imagine getting both Villains. That would be fantastic. To see them fight alongside each other.
  • I haven't watched that cartoon in years except for the Grievous clips on youtube but wow Corey Burton sounds so much like Christopher Lee it's unreal!

To me the clone wars 2003 Grievous was the best rendition to go with the movie. The clone wars CGI show ruined Grievous to me...*triggered*
  • BrushedBrass
    273 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I haven't watched that cartoon in years except for the Grievous clips on youtube but wow Corey Burton sounds so much like Christopher Lee it's unreal!

To me the clone wars 2003 Grievous was the best rendition to go with the movie. The clone wars CGI show ruined Grievous to me...*triggered*
    I think we can all agree on that. He actually wasn't weak in the film, Obi Wan was much better skilled at light saber combat but did still have to use force push and Grievous was about to kill him before Obi-wan resorted to using a gun.

Nowhere near as menacing imo, again its not awful by any means, but it sounds like an impression
  • Alvonator wrote: »
    Christopher Lee (Dooku) and Peter Cushing (Grand Moff Tarkin) were best friends in real life.

Imagine getting both Villains. That would be fantastic. To see them fight alongside each other.

Yeah they were in quite a few films together, and yeah that would be amazing. Instant rapport with another player..hopefully lol
  • ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    I haven't watched that cartoon in years except for the Grievous clips on youtube but wow Corey Burton sounds so much like Christopher Lee it's unreal!

Nowhere near as menacing imo, again its not awful by any means, but it sounds like an impression

That's very true but I can't imagine anyone doing a better job. He really mimicked some unique qualities of his voice.
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Count Dooku was in the old battlefront 2 and he had a very distinct and elegant swish of the lightsaber. I hope they bring him back, he was one of my favorite CW villains to play as. He had force lightning and force choke. IMO in this new game he should have chain lightning, piercing strike (Dooku uses a fencing style and was very good at breaking the defense of other Jedi), and some kind of force push or force blast (like when he showed Yoda how powerful he was by throwing stuff at home). As for emotes, some of his popular lines include:
    "I've become more powerful than any Jedi, even you."

"I've been looking forward to this."

"Brave, but foolish. You're impossibly outnumbered."

"It's obvious this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the force, but by our skills with a lightsaber."

"As you can see my Jedi powers are far beyond yours...Now...Back down."

(When hurt) "this is just the beginning!"

"Surly you can do better!"
  • ATE_ARMS wrote: »

That's very true but I can't imagine anyone doing a better job. He really mimicked some unique qualities of his voice.

Fair point man, and I may be expecting far too much considering how iconic lees voice was

Does anyone know of any info regarding voice acting for the next game, or is it far too early?

Absolutely!
  • #MakeGreivousGreatAgain

grievous-o.gif
  • Danxoln wrote: »
    Count Dooku was in the old battlefront 2 and he had a very distinct and elegant swish of the lightsaber. I hope they bring him back, he was one of my favorite CW villains to play as. He had force lightning and force choke. IMO in this new game he should have chain lightning, piercing strike (Dooku uses a fencing style and was very good at breaking the defense of other Jedi), and some kind of force push or force blast (like when he showed Yoda how powerful he was by throwing stuff at home)

Ooh yeah true, the fencing style, and with the potential new saber mechanics ... B)

I might have an aneurysm in the build up to this game
  • Danxoln wrote: »
    Count Dooku was in the old battlefront 2 and he had a very distinct and elegant swish of the lightsaber. I hope they bring him back, he was one of my favorite CW villains to play as. He had force lightning and force choke. IMO in this new game he should have chain lightning, piercing strike (Dooku uses a fencing style and was very good at breaking the defense of other Jedi), and some kind of force push or force blast (like when he showed Yoda how powerful he was by throwing stuff at home). As for emotes, some of his popular lines include:
    "I've become more powerful than any Jedi, even you." "I've been looking forward to this."
    "Brave, but foolish. You're impossibly outnumbered." "It's obvious this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the force, but by our skills with a lightsaber."
    "As you can see my Jedi powers are far beyond yours...Now...Back down."
    (When hurt) "this is just the beginning!"
    "Surly you can do better
    !"

Good Lord that all sounds amazing, thanks for that

Rewatching it now B)

• Dooku was my favorite villain from the prequels. I loved that he was this fallen Jedi that was incredible with a lightsaber and could go 1v1 with Yoda. I also love that he wasn't so black and white, he was a villain but he wasn't flat out evil, he had cause behind his actions and was very intelligent, would absolutely love to play as him in this game.
  • General Grievous

Abilities:
    Grievous Pistol- used for ranged shots
    Cyclone Dash- Reminiscent of the old Battlefront dash attack

Bodyguard:
    Magnaguards with cloak and bandages using staffs or small blasters

Count Dooku

Abilities:
    Chain Lightning- self explanatory
    Force Push/Pull- depends on which way you use it like in force unleashed but not thrown as fast

Bodyguard:
    Magnaguards but regular without cloaks or bandages using staffs or small blasters

(That's all I can think of if you want me to change some things just let me know)
  • I'd also like it if he said, "your sword/s please, we don't want to make a mess of things..."
  • I'd also like it if he said, "your sword/s please, we don't want to make a mess of things..."

In front of The Chancellor.

The SENATE.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif