criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Third party AI in multiplayer (Cool Idea)

Okay so some third party AI have been confirmed, like Wampas on Hoth, but what about other maps? and How could this factor into gameplay? well here are my ideas (by planet):
-Endor: Have Ewoks in the game, friendly to the rebellion, and either give the empire easier access to ATSTs or give them a balanced amount of stormtrooper AI
-Kashyyk: Have Wookie (clone friendly) AI and give the CIS a balanced amount of droid AI
-Hoth: Wampas that just kill everyone
-Tattoine/ Mos Eisley: Jabbas bounty Hunters that just kill everyone
-Jedha: Sol Gerrera's Rebels are AI that are balanced out by extra stormtrooper AI
-Geonosis: Geonosian Soldiers, friendly to CIS, balance by extra clones

This could be done to multiple other planets I'm sure (like cloud city now that I think of it) but the point is, adding Infantry AI can be more immersive than actually upping the player count. On top of that, they should add 5 AI pilots per team in larger game modes to really fill up the battlefield.

What do you guys think?
giphy.gif

Replies

• Massman98 wrote: »
    Okay so some third party AI have been confirmed, like Wampas on Hoth, but what about other maps? and How could this factor into gameplay? well here are my ideas (by planet):
    -Endor: Have Ewoks in the game, friendly to the rebellion, and either give the empire easier access to ATSTs or give them a balanced amount of stormtrooper AI
    -Kashyyk: Have Wookie (clone friendly) AI and give the CIS a balanced amount of droid AI
    -Jedha: Sol Gerrera's Rebels are AI that are balanced out by extra stormtrooper AI

This could be done to multiple other planets I'm sure (like cloud city now that I think of it) but the point is, adding Infantry AI can be more immersive than actually upping the player count. On top of that, they should add 5 AI pilots per team in larger game modes to really fill up the battlefield.

What do you guys think?

What is your source for the wampas?
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    wobo1313 wrote: »
    Massman98 wrote: »

What do you guys think?

Just an artwork that show one in the background, there's nothing confirmed other than there will be creatures in the maps, some for show, others will affect gameplay.
    Tusken Raiders fit better.

#TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Agreed
  • Agherosh wrote: »

What do you guys think?

Just an artwork that show one in the background, there's nothing confirmed other than there will be creatures in the maps, some for show, others will affect gameplay.

Sees what thinks is wampa

CONFIRMED
    Much Star Wars.Very forums.

What do you guys think?

You should post a pic
  • I think AI pilots would be cool. But only if they were better balanced than they are in Skirmish- they are far too OP. I do like some of these ideas but they can only work if we get good AI
    rWnfFLl.gif

What do you guys think?

Actually you're right with that, and they can kill both factions
    Agherosh wrote: »

What do you guys think?

Sees what thinks is wampa

CONFIRMED

I mean... yeah! and it was in the trailer, not concept art, but yeah I think this is possible
    giphy.gif
  • I think AI pilots would be cool. But only if they were better balanced than they are in Skirmish- they are far too OP. I do like some of these ideas but they can only work if we get good AI

I mean if they AI have been supposedly revamped, I think its possible, as for the AI fighters, they're going to be a high focal point of space battles so I bet they're balanced
    giphy.gif
  • Do you think we will Bea able to board and sabotage capital ships in the space battles?
  • wobo1313 wrote: »
    Do you think we will Bea able to board and sabotage capital ships in the space battles?

If they added 40 AI includes maybe 5AI that guard the ship... maybe and the 40 AI are competent in space battles (go after the outside of capital ships)... maybe, but it's not looking promising
    giphy.gif
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    I'd like the ability to play as Wampas or Tusken Raiders
  • Jrob122 wrote: »

That would be cool, and maybe that would factor into the resource system, but... Id rather fight alongside/ against them
    giphy.gif
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Jrob122 wrote: »

That would be cool, and maybe that would factor into the resource system, but... Id rather fight alongside/ against them

latest?cb=20120922123718
    I just wanna play as a Kaminoan :D
  • Jrob122 wrote: »

latest?cb=20120922123718
    I just wanna play as a Kaminoan :D

Lol yeah, I mean hey include everyone, but I haven't seen them ever fight
    giphy.gif
  • I think we will have AI creatures that effect the battle. Don't forget that DICE is only working on the ground battles for multiplayer alone....So that really gives them a chance to add some really unique creatures. And I mean c'mon..How can you have Endor without ewoks assisting the rebellion?
  • I think we will have AI creatures that effect the battle. Don't forget that DICE is only working on the ground battles for multiplayer alone....So that really gives them a chance to add some really unique creatures. And I mean c'mon..How can you have Endor without ewoks assisting the rebellion?

They failed to put it in the first one... :/
    giphy.gif

Have any details been given yet about how the resource system would work such as how you gain resources or anything?

Have any details been given yet about how the resource system would work such as how you gain resources or anything?

Through kills and probably objective points, but it gets you heroes and vehicles atm
    giphy.gif
  • Interesting
  • Gammorrean guards in jabbas palace with a live rancor
    I think we will have AI creatures that effect the battle. Don't forget that DICE is only working on the ground battles for multiplayer alone....So that really gives them a chance to add some really unique creatures. And I mean c'mon..How can you have Endor without ewoks assisting the rebellion?

They failed to put it in the first one... :/

Yea that's because the game was rushed and only Dice worked on it... Battlefront 2 has 3 studios working on it with Dice working on just the ground battles for multiplayer
  • This would be pretty cool.
  • They should put mynocks in the space battles
  • Most importantly, if we get Jabba's Palace, there better be a live Rancor ;).
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Most importantly, if we get Jabba's Palace, there better be a live Rancor ;).

That isn't stationary!!lol
    Most importantly, if we get Jabba's Palace, there better be a live Rancor ;).

That isn't stationary!!lol

That's an important detail too lol.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Honestly if we're getting 20 v 20, we better have double the firepower and integration with AI
    giphy.gif