criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

More interesting physics? Environmental interactions? Moving stuff with force?

How realistic will the physics be in this game- Will they improve them, and make them more fun and interesting?

Will they make environmental interactions, Like being able to cut a dent or make a mark into things with your saber, like some older SW games?

This is probably never going to happen but- what about being able to move or interact with things using force abilities, like a crate or rock, similar to The Force Unleashed games.

strangesmiley.png
Much Star Wars.Very forums.

Replies

• *open for gif*
  • wobo1313 wrote: »
    *open for gif*

Already did pretty funny.
  • Old physics were pretty boring, especially with lightsabers. I'm sure they are looking to improve everything in the game.
    Vroom Vroom!

• Old physics were pretty boring, especially with lightsabers. I'm sure they are looking to improve everything in the game.

sure hope so.
  • Well it is confirmed that players will go flying with a force push that is fully upgraded...So it seems force abilities is getting a overhaul and will be similar to Force Unleashed
  • That would be awesome to see those physics. But I feel like that would be incredibly hard to implement in an online shooter of this caliber. Not trying to be debbie downer. Again though, those physics would be sweet.
    giphy.gif
  • Shmee123 wrote: »
    That would be awesome to see those physics. But I feel like that would be incredibly hard to implement in an online shooter of this caliber. Not trying to be debbie downer. Again though, those physics would be sweet.

Yeah, it would but you're right it would need some serious tinkering.
    That would be awesome to see those physics. But I feel like that would be incredibly hard to implement in an online shooter of this caliber. Not trying to be debbie downer. Again though, those physics would be sweet.

It's Star Wars, not your average shooter. You can do anything you want with force and stuff in a game. Why keep it just a generic shooter?
    Vroom Vroom!

• It's Star Wars, not your average shooter. You can do anything you want with force and stuff in a game. Why keep it just a generic shooter?

I'm not saying it's impossible. But the amount of code that has to go in for a player to completely control the environment on a battlefield with so much stuff going on at once would take forever to produce. It is possible but not in a timely manner. Especially with how long this game has been in production.
    giphy.gif

No it won't. They already confirmed that the hero combat system is being rebuilt from the ground up
    It's Star Wars, not your average shooter. You can do anything you want with force and stuff in a game. Why keep it just a generic shooter?

I'm not saying it's impossible. But the amount of code that has to go in for a player to completely control the environment on a battlefield with so much stuff going on at once would take forever to produce. It is possible but not in a timely manner. Especially with how long this game has been in production.

You are aware that 3 different studios has been working on the game right?
  • It's possible, but it wouldn't be easy. Don't expect it, but if need about it comes out, all the better
  • wobo1313 wrote: »
    It's possible, but it wouldn't be easy. Don't expect it, but if need about it comes out, all the better

Why would it be harder than anything else they've done? It's been done before, right?