criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Will Rogue One Characters Suck?

ShrekTrooper
325 posts Member
edited April 2017
What do you think about it being basically official that rogue one will be in this game?
Vroom Vroom!

Replies

• Never understood why people say Rogue One won't be in the game when you see in the trailer the X-wings flying down and across the Scariff shield generator or basically giant grey ring that can open a shield.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Never understood why people say Rogue One won't be in the game when you see in the trailer the X-wings flying down and across the Scariff shield generator or basically giant grey ring that can open a shield.

That's Kuat Skip Yard I think, not the shield gate on Scarif
  • CannibalChow
    128 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    500?cb=20170402042127

Shield gate in Rogue One

screens-from-star-wars-battlefront-2-trailer_svct.640.jpg

Shield gate in BFII trailer

Besides that why would we be battling on the shipyards? That doesn't happen in the movies if EA/DICE want a canon videogame.
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    500?cb=20170402042127

Shield gate in Rogue One

Probably not. Look at this trailer analysis.

• I personally love scariff and just the whole feel and look of it, so if they add that i'm fine.
    Vroom Vroom!

• I'm routing for Krennic
  • Alvonator wrote: »
    500?cb=20170402042127

Shield gate in Rogue One

Probably not. Look at this trailer analysis.

Just because of an antenna? Sorry but the overalls structure, the planet, the docking arm all says Scariff.

Ugh krennic was horrible.
    Vroom Vroom!

• Just give us Krennics gun and I'll be happy. Same with Jyn's blaster. Everything else about Rogue One can kiss off.
  • Just give us Krennics gun and I'll be happy. Same with Jyn's blaster. Everything else about Rogue One can kiss off.

Even Scariff? It is so fresh and happy compared to other maps.
    Vroom Vroom!

I think the rail gun guy is really the only interesting possibility. The blind stickman.. imagine that. Pointless.
    Much Star Wars.Very forums.

Eh... I guess. May as well use all maps from the first with or without a few tweaks.
  • Why wouldn't people want everything from Rogue One in the game? the heroes and villains, but especially the storm troopers and tanks and Jedha and other places visited
    giphy.gif
  • Massman98 wrote: »
    Why wouldn't people want everything from Rogue One in the game? the heroes and villains, but especially the storm troopers and tanks and Jedha and other places visited

Cause there's people who want to cherry pick what eras they want and don't want.
    Why wouldn't people want everything from Rogue One in the game? the heroes and villains, but especially the storm troopers and tanks and Jedha and other places visited

Cause there's people who want to cherry pick what eras they want and don't want.

but but but... but why? why would people ever plead for less content, that's how corporations like EA can save money and Dice could work less and then blame dumb people on here that are like "Oh i don't want the Clone Wars (TV characters), I don't want Rogue One, I dont want more than 40 players". It's pitiful
    giphy.gif
    Massman98 wrote: »

but but but... but why? why would people ever plead for less content, that's how corporations like EA can save money and Dice could work less and then blame dumb people on here that are like "Oh i don't want the Clone Wars (TV characters), I don't want Rogue One, I dont want more than 40 players". It's pitiful

Hey look at how most games are going.
  • What do you think about it being basically official that rogue one will be in this game?

As far as gameplay goes, I really enjoyed both Jyn and Krennic in the last game, especially Krennic's ability to spawn Death Trooper bodyguards (AWESOME!!!). About whether or not they are good characters? Well, I would say that out of the new "characters" introduced in Rogue One (to explain, I enjoyed the film, but found most of the characters very weak, with Krennic being one of the ones I actually cared about), Krennic seemed to be the one closest to actually being a character with development, but I don't think that should affect the game
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    500?cb=20170402042127

Shield gate in Rogue One

Besides that why would we be battling on the shipyards? That doesn't happen in the movies if EA/DICE want a canon videogame.

Because it's confirmed that space battles will take place in different enviroments like asteroid fields, shipyards and such.
    It even says it on the main page, along with all the other into about the game.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2

Oh and btw, I am not at all trying to criticize the developers at dice, who put countless hours into the game, But i think at an executive level, early decisions are made that are at the cost of the gamers experience, like player count and (the lack of confirmation) of board-able capital ships and coop vehicles
    giphy.gif

But he dresses snazzy and has cool death troopers. They hired awful writers on the basis that they were Clinton enthusiasts. Krennic should have been great with Mendlesohn playing him
  • K-2SO

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F297451%2Fk2soboom.gif

TFA-10.7.gif
  • Agherosh wrote: »
    500?cb=20170402042127

Shield gate in Rogue One

Because it's confirmed that space battles will take place in different enviroments like asteroid fields, shipyards and such.
    It even says it on the main page, along with all the other into about the game.

Then the reason for not adding rebel tanks and stuff cause it's "non-canon" is preposterous. There was never an attack on shipyards in the movies so that "non-canon" argument is crap.

But he dresses snazzy and has cool death troopers. They hired awful writers on the basis that they were Clinton enthusiasts. Krennic should have been great with Mendlesohn playing him

Wait wait wait... WTF!? what the hell are you even saying here? Two things: Why all the hate for Krennic? and haha.. just why- why - why the hell did you accuse/ why does it matter that the writers are Clinton Enthusiasts??? :D :D Are you alright there mate?
    giphy.gif
    I'm routing for Krennic

Wait wait wait... ****!? what the **** are you even saying here? Two things: Why all the hate for Krennic? and haha.. just why- why - why the **** did you accuse/ why does it matter that the writers are Clinton Enthusiasts??? :D :D Are you alright there mate?

I agree with Massman98. I'm confused. What are you going on about?
  • BrushedBrass
    273 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm routing for Krennic

Wait wait wait... ****!? what the **** are you even saying here? Two things: Why all the hate for Krennic? and haha.. just why- why - why the **** did you accuse/ why does it matter that the writers are Clinton Enthusiasts??? :D :D Are you alright there mate?
    One of the writers of Rogue One tried to politicize it by saying on twitter the rebells in RO represent democrats and Empire Trump
    I'm routing for Krennic

I won't be the one to bring up politics. Krennic is good for defending the objective, but fails hard at going up against another hero.
    TFA-10.7.gif
    I'm routing for Krennic

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-writers-get-political-will-anti-trump-tweets-hurt-rogue-one-949023
    I'm routing for Krennic

One of the writers of Rogue One tried to politicize it by saying on twitter the rebells in RO represent democrats and Empire Trump

OHHHHHHHhhhh okay I remember that thing, that helps, but remember, this is Star Wars, this is where we can all come together and unite for our love of the star wars universe, my best friend and I literally have brewing differences in political ideals and values, and we hang out all of the time? You know how we get along? we play battlefront! and the OG battle front, and watch star wars! And even watch the family guy star wars episode! .... and play madden and drink, but still, haha let's not get political
    giphy.gif
    I'm routing for Krennic

OHHHHHHHhhhh okay I remember that thing, that helps, but remember, this is Star Wars, this is where we can all come together and unite for our love of the star wars universe, my best friend and I literally have brewing differences in political ideals and values, and we hang out all of the time? You know how we get along? we play battlefront! and the OG battle front, and watch star wars! And even watch the family guy star wars episode! .... and play madden and drink, but still, haha let's not get political

He's right. We must come together to quash the murderous Resistance, and the imperialist Republic. Long live the First Order; Long live CIS!
    TFA-10.7.gif
    I'm routing for Krennic

He's right. We must come together to quash the murderous Resistance, and the imperialist Republic. Long live the First Order; Long live CIS!

"Save the Rebellion! Save the dream!" *chills ensue*
    giphy.gif
    I'm routing for Krennic

No absolutely me and my friends have different political views that is fine but for one of the writers to think it was ok to come out with all this anti republican stuff, I think it's part of Hollywoods institutionalized political bias, Disney especilly. I mean to do this he must have thought Disney would be ok with it!

I really think to get hired in that area you not only have to of course have connections but sometimes having the correct views comes above talent.

That's all I can think of.., I mean the writing was bad!
    I'm routing for Krennic

No absolutely me and my friends have different political views that is fine but for one of the writers to think it was ok to come out with all this anti republican stuff, I think it's part of Hollywoods institutionalized political bias, Disney especilly. I mean to do this he must have thought Disney would be ok with it!

I really think to get hired in that area you not only have to of course have connections but sometimes having the correct views comes above talent.

That's all I can think of.., I mean the writing was bad!

Oh I actually liked the movie... I didn't see a problem
    giphy.gif
  • beside all that political stuff i dont care about, i would love for both krennic and jyn to come back. i would love to play krennic in bf 2, if he comes back i hope i can use the same or similiar powers like he has now, it's perfect for defending objectives (though i agree he is terrible for fighting against other heroes).
  • krennicfan wrote: »
    beside all that political stuff i dont care about, i would love for both krennic and jyn to come back. i would love to play krennic in bf 2, if he comes back i hope i can use the same or similiar powers like he has now, it's perfect for defending objectives (though i agree he is terrible for fighting against other heroes).

Jyn was so lame..
    Vroom Vroom!

• Go Krennic or go home
  • Go Krennic or go home

As long as his face doesn't look like a white raisin with lips.
    Vroom Vroom!

• Go Krennic or go home

As long as his face doesn't look like a white raisin with lips.

He's another imperial with a gun.. YAYYYYY!!!!
    Much Star Wars.Very forums.
  • Besides that why would we be battling on the shipyards? That doesn't happen in the movies if EA/DICE want a canon videogame.

Canon is more than the movies. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_for_Kuat_Drive_Yards
    Just because of an antenna? Sorry but the overalls structure, the planet, the docking arm all says Scariff.

The docked Imp-Star Deuce and the presence of A-Wings say not Scarif. (I'm not saying Scarif won't be in the game, it's just not the place we are looking at in the trailer).
    Then the reason for not adding rebel tanks and stuff cause it's "non-canon" is preposterous. There was never an attack on shipyards in the movies so that "non-canon" argument is ****.

I too disagree with the decision to not include Rebel Tanks as they have some in canon. Also http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_for_Kuat_Drive_Yards
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • crolumbine
    53 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Those shipyards are going to be **** awesome, and when/if they bring in RO characters I'm gunna need me some sweet Baze Malbus
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    I'm routing for Krennic

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-writers-get-political-will-anti-trump-tweets-hurt-rogue-one-949023

Those foolish writers had to make it about race didn't they?

Freaking fools. Seriously. They had to say the "Empire is a white supremacist organization." Like GTF.O outta here. Iden Versio invalidates such a profoundly foolish and mind-boggling statment.

I think the rail gun guy is really the only interesting possibility. The blind stickman.. imagine that. Pointless.

Right, because never before in the Star Wars universe has there been anyone who uses a long, melee weapon with no long range firepower, who relies on the Force to not get killed by blaster fire and is capable of taking on more than 10 infantry simultaneously...
    All I am surrounded by is fear... and dead men.
  • I hope there are ro characters and maps, but that is not the shield gate in the trailer.
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    K-2SO

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F297451%2Fk2soboom.gif

I got to admit having K2SO as a Hero would be fun.

Especially since if they have Traits for Heroes again, his Thermal Imploder would probably explode instantly and be so overpowered that it can decimate a entire base of enemies at release day, lol. :)
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    K-2SO

I got to admit having K2SO as a Hero would be fun.
    Acknowledged. Approved.

Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif