criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Zombies in Star Wars?

Prev13456
Although the single/co-op mode is fun in the first battlefront is pretty fun where you get to face off against 15 waves of enemies who become increasingly harder each wave. The maps were a bit bland kinda small and nothing to interact with or pick up besides the collectibles. Now I really love Call of Duty's Zombie mode a lot the maps are interesting, exciting, keeps you on the edge, and solving each easter egg to understand the kinda hidden story especial with the earlier maps. Call of Duty Zombies is also one of the best zombie based thing in video games. I think it would be extremely awesome if Battlefront picked up a similar zombie mode based around the Star Wars universe. In the expanded universe now called legends there were two books written which added zombies into the universe one was Deathtroopers and the other Red Harvest. These are two of my favorite Star Wars books because they mix horror and Star Wars. If Battlefront picked up the lore from these books or at least ideas from them and expanded on them they will have an awesome game mode what challenges even the best players. A game mode like this would also bring the zombies in from the coldness of legends and back into the universe. I believe this is something people would eat up just like they eat up Call of Duty Zombies.
How I would like to see this done:
1. infinite waves of zombies
2. no infinite ammo
3. weapons you have to scavenge off the dead (sometimes in pieces so you have to build the blaster)
4. star cards charged up by killing zombies
5. a storyline what's not in the player's face but where they have to go out of there way to find it "easter eggs"
6. "easter eggs" require listen or paying attention to the characters and environment
7. blasters don't kill the zombies right away
8. tough "boss" like zombies what show up every few rounds
9. blast doors/doors have to be forced opened or opened by using panels around the map (ability to close the doors)
10. an engaging story
11. notes or data files found around the map to explain what happened
12. not main Star Wars heroes doing this
13. maps connected to each other (not just each map is taking place on a new planet there has to be a reason)
14. traps
15. easter eggs are connected across maps
16. 4-6 player co-op
17. non-zombie villains in "control"
18. choices in the "easter egg"
19. force zombies?
20. different alien zombies
21. Feel of a horror movie
22. building ultimate weapon (like an canon or something, no lightsaber) must have cool down time, must be manually used by the character
23. character development in each map
24. not ending the map when the "easter egg" is complete
25. apart from the main "easter egg" make several side ones in each map
26. Flying or calling in ships or vehicles to take out zombies (vehicles must be on low power so there's limited time using them and have a cool down time)
27. To start up vehicles find missing parts around the map
28. A voice taunting you (could be villain over comms or evil force ghost)
29. Force relics used for the "easter eggs"
30. intractable environment
31. references to other eras
32. hidden rooms throughout the map
What I don't want to see:
1. a campaign or it's own game
2. a disconnected story for each map (made the first map or two to add mystery is fine)
3. dead heroes come back as zombies
4. an easy "easter egg"
5. the zombies being wiped out or cured (this would leave room for more installments of the story)
6. one shot weapons (all weapon must take multiple shots except the ultimate weapon or vechicles)
7. zombies just wandering around (must come from all angles including floor and walls)
8. being chased throughout the map (stealth or the ability for the zombies to lose you and just wander would be nice)
9. "easter egg" have a few steps (must be multiple steps for each part)
10. a clean map (think zombie movie it's messy)
11. no blood (zombies can bleed)
12. intact zombies (the ability to shoot off limbs or some zombies missing pieces when they spawn)
13. easy to understand (make it complicated as possible)
14. small map ( at least a medium map or bigger)
15. the villain being easy to figure out who it really is
16. number of rounds (unlimited rounds till death)
17. taking place in one era ( multiple eras would be nice)
18. mini map
I know this probably will never happen but I love the idea of Battlefront Zombies and it would be cool to see this happen. The new Star Wars universe is an open playground where anything could happen with things being constantly added in. I hope to see this in Battlefront 2 or Battlefront 3 if it happens. Can't wait to see what battlefront 2 actually has to offer. If you couldn't tell I've been thinking about this a lot, why should Call of Duty be the only one to play with fps zombies.

Replies

• No thanks.
  • I like the idea of an unlimited number of enemy waves, and something that feels like cod zombies, but not ZOMBIES. Maybe like two clone troopers against a few MTT's or something
  • Mooncircle wrote: »
    No thanks.

The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • no just no, if i want to shoot zombies i would play left 4 dead or some survival game with zombies, the whole zombie thing is pretty much a completely different game in CoD(still dont fit in CoD aswell if you ask me).

they are working on 6 different armies, let them focus on that for launch and potential future dlc.
  • krennicfan wrote: »
    no just no, if i want to shoot zombies i would play left 4 dead or some survival game with zombies, the whole zombie thing is pretty much a completely different game in CoD(still dont fit in CoD aswell if you ask me).

they are working on 6 different armies, let them focus on that for launch and potential future dlc.

• Frix
    626 posts Member
    No if you want an endless wave of AI that can't shoot at you and only walk towards you I don't think this is the game for you.
    No thanks.
  • MTT's all the way
  • Instead of zombies, why not something similar like the Rakghouls from the KotOR games, or maybe a mode where you are fighting off waves of Wampas or something like that. Same general idea, but without the staleness of the generic zombies that are way tooo common nowadays.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Alvonator wrote: »
    Mooncircle wrote: »
    No thanks.

• Horde mode would be fun..But alien races instead..For instance..Rathtars, wampas, Tuscan raiders, gungans, ewoks, and it's star wars..They can come up with some new scarier creatures
  • Didn't even read because,
    nooooooo_elf.gif
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Sorry but no, the canon zombies from before Disney are now non-canon. Zombies don't work in Star Wars sadly. :-)
  • Wow. I just thought it would be fun, plus zombies in star wars works and is a cool concept. Rakghouls would be interesting too I completely forgot about the little guys. But yeah I like the concept of a horde mode especially with zombies and hidden stories and easter eggs just something really satisfying about it.
  • They could do something on a capital ship instead of planetside. Also, there are Canon zombies in starwars. Remember that creepy brain worm clone wars episode?
  • I remember those things but that was more hybrid zombie/brainwashing those things were creepy. I think a mix of planet and ship maps would be nice maybe asteroid as well. There were also the Nightsister Zombies from the Clone Wars as well. There's also the Blackwing Project what produced zombies by accident. So there are zombies in canon still and I think it'll be great and fun to actually get a chance to battle them and see them face to face in a game, and Battlefront seems like a great platform for it to happen.
  • What the hell is wrong with you?
  • mattmanosh wrote: »
    Wow. I just thought it would be fun, plus zombies in star wars works and is a cool concept. Rakghouls would be interesting too I completely forgot about the little guys. But yeah I like the concept of a horde mode especially with zombies and hidden stories and easter eggs just something really satisfying about it.

Honestly, I am just sick and tired of seeing zombie modes everywhere in video games these days. The CoD series has a lot to answer for since they are the ones who started this trend and now there's an entire generation of gamers who think that every game needs a zombie mode. But this kind of mode is exactly why the CoD games are a joke compared to what they used because they're just sad, gimmicky shells of their former selves since they've given in to the zombie-fan contingent of their playerbase at the expense of those who just want a decent shooter game.
    Zombies are not welcome in this, or any other, Battlefront game.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
    Wow. I just thought it would be fun, plus zombies in star wars works and is a cool concept. Rakghouls would be interesting too I completely forgot about the little guys. But yeah I like the concept of a horde mode especially with zombies and hidden stories and easter eggs just something really satisfying about it.

Honestly, I am just sick and tired of seeing zombie modes everywhere in video games these days. The CoD series has a lot to answer for since they are the ones who started this trend and now there's an entire generation of gamers who think that every game needs a zombie mode. But this kind of mode is exactly why the CoD games are a joke compared to what they used because they're just sad, gimmicky shells of their former selves since they've given in to the zombie-fan contingent of their playerbase at the expense of those who just want a decent shooter game.

Maybe not zombies, but other Star Wars fill ins would work. I still have good memories of the hunt mode from the original Battlefront II. No reason they couldn't include something similar. That being said, I would hope they get a full fledged Instant Action/Skirmish mode down before they devote any resources to extra stuff like a hunt mode.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Sorry but no, the canon zombies from before Disney are now non-canon. Zombies don't work in Star Wars sadly. :-)

Not true. Their appearance in Star Wars Commander makes them canon again.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Undead_Trooper
    death-troopers-star-wars-commander.jpg
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    What the **** is wrong with you?

635959238116539434-11283767_tumblr_npbqlljtob1ux7zx1o1_400.gif
  • Mooncircle
    475 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Zombies.. so lame idea. IMO
  • i would like a mode thats like quarantinemode from combat arms or hero mode like on crossfire.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • star wars has all these unique alien races and factions and mystical crap like the force....throwing zombies in would just cheapen the universe

I would disagree with you there zombies made call of duty great its the only reason why some people even pick up a Call of duty game. The community for CoD zombies is also great. They did first person shooter zombies in a fantastic way although the story went a bit left field it is still good. I have no clue what zombies ever did to you but you guys are bitter even at the suggestion of one mode. Plus there aren't that many zombie modes a lot of zombie game what do zombies poorly. But I think you're missing the point of a game which is to have fun I find zombies fun and star wars fun and It'll be cool if they did something with that. Also don't knock it till you try it.
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    star wars has all these unique alien races and factions and mystical **** like the force....throwing zombies in would just cheapen the universe

Too late actually, Zombies are already technically part of the Canon. That doesn't mean they need to be in this game though. I'm totally cool with things like Rakghouls however, same basic idea, but they feel much more Star Wars.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    star wars has all these unique alien races and factions and mystical **** like the force....throwing zombies in would just cheapen the universe

Read a bit up there are canon zombies in the universe already.
    Strogg1980 wrote: »

Read a bit up there are canon zombies in the universe already.

those things that the Dathomir Witches use? ehhh I wouldn't call them zombie's. More so undead. maybe the geonosis thingy the queen did and used, but that was lame and in 1 episode and glad its forgotten
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Sorry but no, the canon zombies from before Disney are now non-canon. Zombies don't work in Star Wars sadly. :-)

Quoting my statement again as it seems some people missed it. Complain all you want, it has been canon for a few years now.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Linge1416
    1507 posts Member
    This topic again. No thanks.
    dq8iS1t.gif
  • God. God no. You know why I hate zombies? Because it's the same *****. What Call of Duty or Battlefield should of done to break the mode was have a Dinosaur Hunt. Yeah. You kill dinosaurs. Raptors, Stegosaurus, a T-Rex. That would be new and fresh, and maybe a hunt mode where you track down beasts like the Nexu or Acklay or Rancor. But it's not going to happen because it actually takes WORK.
  • I still stand by what I've been saying, it'll be completely awesome to fight zombies in battlefront, instead of just hearing about it or seeing it in the shows. It would dive into some interesting things about the lore behind zombies in the universe instead of the stuff we are getting now, it'll show you a different side to the universe we all know and love. and I like it when different things what aren't normally explored in a universe is explored. Zombies are cool, there is just a certain way it's got to be done other wise it's pretty lame.
  • Frix
    626 posts Member
    Didn't even read because,
    nooooooo_elf.gif

Truth
    Sorry but no, the canon zombies from before Disney are now non-canon. Zombies don't work in Star Wars sadly. :-)

Shhhhhhhh not many played that we can still forget.
  • God. God no. You know why I hate zombies? Because it's the same ****. What Call of Duty or Battlefield should of done to break the mode was have a Dinosaur Hunt. Yeah. You kill dinosaurs. Raptors, Stegosaurus, a T-Rex. That would be new and fresh, and maybe a hunt mode where you track down beasts like the Nexu or Acklay or Rancor. But it's not going to happen because it actually takes WORK.

That would be pretty great, but zombies can be great if there is a good story behind it.
  • Horde mode would be fun..But alien races instead..For instance..Rathtars, wampas, Tuscan raiders, gungans, ewoks, and it's star wars..They can come up with some new scarier creatures

I would love to see the scariest creature in the galaxy.
  • What the **** is wrong with you?

Harsh man it's just a suggestion.
  • Frix wrote: »
    No if you want an endless wave of AI that can't shoot at you and only walk towards you I don't think this is the game for you.

Do i need to remind you about stormtrooper aim they walk toward you and still miss wouldn't be that different.
    I do admit they're a bit too good at aim in battlefront though.
    No thanks.

I'm not sure a mobile game really counts. I mean, characters like Darth Nihlus and HK-47 are in the mobile game Galaxy of Heroes, and they're not canon. I'm just going to assume the whole "zombie stormtroopers" thing didn't actually occur in canon until those things show up in an actual story.

The Geonosian parasites and Nightsisters stuff I can accept, though. I don't see the need for any kind of zombie horde mode, but if they were to do something like that I'd pick one of those.
  • I didn't even read the thread to be honest with you, just looking at the title made me decide to come in here and tell you you're crazy.
    You're crazy
    Member of the 501st
  • This guy gets it.
  • I didn't even read the thread to be honest with you, just looking at the title made me decide to come in here and tell you you're crazy.
    You're crazy

What's a little craziness though.
  • Frix
    626 posts Member
    mattmanosh wrote: »
    Frix wrote: »

Do i need to remind you about stormtrooper aim they walk toward you and still miss wouldn't be that different.
    I do admit they're a bit too good at aim in battlefront though.

Okay i think everyone who truly believes storm troopers have had aim need to go back and watch a new hope. They let Luke ban and leia escape so that they could track them to the rebel base. Tarkin was actually a hesitant to agree to this plan of Darth Vader's. Earlier in a new hope Ben kenobi actually praises the storm trooper's accuracy. A better representation of their skills is the battle of Hoth.

I'm not sure a mobile game really counts. I mean, characters like Darth Nihlus and HK-47 are in the mobile game Galaxy of Heroes, and they're not canon. I'm just going to assume the whole "zombie stormtroopers" thing didn't actually occur in canon until those things show up in an actual story.

The Geonosian parasites and Nightsisters stuff I can accept, though. I don't see the need for any kind of zombie horde mode, but if they were to do something like that I'd pick one of those.

Galaxy of Heroes has been stated to be noncanon. Star Wars Commander on the other hand has their characters within the canon Star Wars Ultimate Guide.
    latest?cb=20150109000100
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif

Galaxy of Heroes has been stated to be noncanon. Star Wars Commander on the other hand has their characters within the canon Star Wars Ultimate Guide.
    latest?cb=20150109000100

I'm still gonna wait until we actually get those stormtroopers zombies in a story before saying they're definitely canon. Just because a couple characters were name-dropped in a reference book doesn't mean everything in that mobile game is canon. Think about it: if everything that happened in it was canon, who did the player character side with?
    Although the single/co-op mode is fun in the first battlefront is pretty fun where you get to face off against 15 waves of enemies who become increasingly harder each wave. The maps were a bit bland kinda small and nothing to interact with or pick up besides the collectibles. Now I really love Call of Duty's Zombie mode a lot the maps are interesting, exciting, keeps you on the edge, and solving each easter egg to understand the kinda hidden story especial with the earlier maps. Call of Duty Zombies is also one of the best zombie based thing in video games. I think it would be extremely awesome if Battlefront picked up a similar zombie mode based around the Star Wars universe. In the expanded universe now called legends there were two books written which added zombies into the universe one was Deathtroopers and the other Red Harvest. These are two of my favorite Star Wars books because they mix horror and Star Wars. If Battlefront picked up the lore from these books or at least ideas from them and expanded on them they will have an awesome game mode what challenges even the best players. A game mode like this would also bring the zombies in from the coldness of legends and back into the universe. I believe this is something people would eat up just like they eat up Call of Duty Zombies.
    2. no infinite ammo
    3. weapons you have to scavenge off the dead (sometimes in pieces so you have to build the blaster)
    5. a storyline what's not in the player's face but where they have to go out of there way to find it "easter eggs"
    6. "easter eggs" require listen or paying attention to the characters and environment
    9. blast doors/doors have to be forced opened or opened by using panels around the map (ability to close the doors)
    10. an engaging story
    13. maps connected to each other (not just each map is taking place on a new planet there has to be a reason)
    14. traps
    16. 4-6 player co-op
    19. force zombies?
    22. building ultimate weapon (like an canon or something, no lightsaber) must have cool down time, must be manually used by the character
    26. Flying or calling in ships or vehicles to take out zombies (vehicles must be on low power so there's limited time using them and have a cool down time)
    2. a disconnected story for each map (made the first map or two to add mystery is fine)
    4. an easy "easter egg"
    5. the zombies being wiped out or cured (this would leave room for more installments of the story)
    6. one shot weapons (all weapon must take multiple shots except the ultimate weapon or vechicles)
    7. zombies just wandering around (must come from all angles including floor and walls)
    8. being chased throughout the map (stealth or the ability for the zombies to lose you and just wander would be nice)
    12. intact zombies (the ability to shoot off limbs or some zombies missing pieces when they spawn)
    18. mini map
    I know this probably will never happen but I love the idea of Battlefront Zombies and it would be cool to see this happen. The new Star Wars universe is an open playground where anything could happen with things being constantly added in. I hope to see this in Battlefront 2 or Battlefront 3 if it happens. Can't wait to see what battlefront 2 actually has to offer. If you couldn't tell I've been thinking about this a lot, why should Call of Duty be the only one to play with fps zombies.

you are a madman zombies are the stupidest invention ever as is the entire horror genre but mixing it with Star Wars? INSANE
    Number: CT-1163

Name: Carbine

212th Battalion

#finishTCW

Galaxy of Heroes isn't limited to canon, and I can confirm this as a long time player. Otherwise, HK, Nihlus, Imperial Commando, Saxon, Sith Trooper, and Sith Assassin would cease to exist.
    Member of the 501st

Galaxy of Heroes isn't limited to canon, and I can confirm this as a long time player. Otherwise, HK, Nihlus, Imperial Commando, Saxon, Sith Trooper, and Sith Assassin would cease to exist.

My point exactly. Not everything in the mobile games is canon, so unless we get some more solid confirmation of Imperial bioweapons Project I71A, I'm not assuming it happened in the current timeline.
  • Bossk2262 wrote: »
    mattmanosh wrote: »
    2. no infinite ammo
    10. an engaging story
    14. traps
    16. 4-6 player co-op
    19. force zombies?
    4. an easy "easter egg"
    18. mini map

you are a madman zombies are the **** invention ever as is the entire horror genre but mixing it with Star Wars? INSANE

There are already canon zombies as we discussed whether they belong in a game is a question. and perhaps I am insane, the best people usually are.
  • zombies are really stup1d
    Number: CT-1163

Name: Carbine

212th Battalion

#finishTCW

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!