criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Minimap problem (game breaking)

Massman98
299 posts Member
edited April 2017
PLEASE PLEASE *takes off caps lock* please fix the minimap, I want to be able to flank the enemy without them knowing my every move. Please do not show enemies on the minimap if they:
-walk
-run
-throw grenades/use gadgets (including jump pack)

only show soldiers if they shoot. I hope we can all get behind this, the game is way too arcady, can we be allowed to flank in peace?
giphy.gif

Replies

• Okay, there needs to be an overhaul, all of the skill in this game is boiled down to who can shoot the other person the quickest, because no one can get the drop on anyone
    giphy.gif
  • I agree, but using certain gadgets or abilities should make you appear on the minimap (things like rockets, jetpacks, etc). But the current minimap system in EABF1 is pretty poor.
  • I agree, but using certain gadgets or abilities should make you appear on the minimap (things like rockets, jetpacks, etc). But the current minimap system in EABF1 is pretty poor.

Yeah I could agree to that
    giphy.gif
  • rollind24
    4890 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    If there is a Class with an ability to evade radar like how Scout used to be I think the minimap should stay as it is for the most part.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    If there is a Class with an ability to evade radar like how Scout used to be I think the minimap should stay as it is for the most part.

No, cause that would be limited to one class and even then there are other abilities, you could have a trait that makes you hidden when you shoot, but everyone should be able to walk and run in peace
    giphy.gif
  • rollind24
    4890 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Massman98 wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »

No, cause that would be limited to one class and even then there are other abilities, you could have a trait that makes you hidden when you shoot, but everyone should be able to walk and run in peace

I will agree if the game doesn't have technology that can see through walls.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Kavian
    319 posts Member
    Massman98 wrote: »
    PLEASE PLEASE *takes off caps lock* please fix the minimap, I want to be able to flank the enemy without them knowing my every move. Please do not show enemies on the minimap if they:
    -walk
    -run
    -throw grenades/use gadgets (including jump pack)

only show soldiers if they shoot. I hope we can all get behind this, the game is way too arcady, can we be allowed to flank in peace?

in the current game you can flank by not sprinting, it really is not very hard, like, at all
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Use scout. I like how it is now
  • Yeah my only answer is that OG Scout should be restored. That's your flanking class. I agree that flanking should be more promoted, but if you want to flank with more ease, then the trade off is lighter weaponry and no artillery. Running should show up for all classes except a Scout class, and shooting shouldn't show up for the Sniper class
    All I am surrounded by is fear... and dead men.
  • Like Im fine for showing up for using your weapon or grenades, but NOT sprinting or using a jump pack, it takes away from in game intuition
    giphy.gif