criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

A disgruntled Sailor to EA: This sequel has much to prove.

To EA Development Artists:
Hey EA how's it going? My gamer name is Blachieboy and I am here to talk to you about your upcoming game and what I have seen across the internet what people have been saying about it and what I have to say about it being a gamer myself.

To provide a little background. I have been playing video games all my life. From Nintendo, to Sony, and now to PC. I have played many of the Star Wars games that made the series.

Rogue Squadron Series (N64 to Gamecube)
Jedi Knight Series (Gamecube & PC)
and your predecessor, Battlefront I and II (PS2 and have the PC version on Steam.)

Now I have played your version of battlefront, and I will say you accomplished 2 things,
1. You made the best looking
2. You made the best sounding
Star wars game of all the ones I have played....

However, you take away the beautiful graphics and soundtrack.... and the game is rather dull.
Compared to the previous generation, you all went down in grade.

1. less people online
2. super long server loading times
3. objectives are autonomous
4. Frankly its loses its fun in about 10 plays.

Honestly I was very disappointed with your game... very.... disappointed. Now I am not going to be here just to provide problems. I also have several solutions to help you all out.

1. Wider Maps.
This alone would make the battles seem more authentic. Take the movie Scenes from the Gungan Droid battle on Naboo from Episode One or the Battle of Hoth. Those battles were on HUGE scales. And honestly your version of Hoth.... I feel like I'm in a bottle compared to what I saw in the movies as a kid and the map I played on in Battlefront II previous generation!

2. NO VEHICLE/ HERO TIME LIMITS!
I find this lack of structure, disturbing. In the previous gen, you could walk up to a craft or vehicle (yes even an AT-AT) and pilot it essentially until you were dead, and NO ONE CARED. The Hero was either randomly awarded to an active player to accept or decline, or you got enough kills to earn that hero. If you died as the hero you went back into the ranks. Again I bring up Hoth because for god sakes if you are going to have Snow speeders sitting in the hanger, allow us to jump in the cockpit, fly out, and take down that AT-AT! That was my favorite part in BFI and II previous gen!

3. Do not let the customization of ground units turn Battlefront into Call of Duty:
Seriously I shouldn't be bringing this up but I get it you want players to have the ability to customize their weapons and characters a little. I advise caution because that just turns this game into another COD shell....

4. Much higher multi-player cap.
Seriously if a PS2 can follow up to a 64 player online match (and yes I've gotten up to that size playing online on Steam with Old BFII) , current tech should not be that hard to match.

5. Back to vehicles: BE ABLE TO JUMP OUT AND FRIGGING LAND THE THING!:
Again this was one of the features I miss about last gen. Walk up to a craft. Jump in. fly, land, jump out and attack!

6.Private Servers:
This should go without being said. This random server junk has to stop. Make dedicated servers for free entry and allow players to host their own games. This would help get Battlefront in Major gaming tournaments.

7. Make an advanced Settings for flight control.
The aircraft are too easy to fly for me. I am used to using roll, pitch, yaw, ya know things you have to think about when you fly an actual aircraft (BFII last gen had this) and it made me feel like I was as close to a real dogfight as possible. I wanna be able to spin and flip my X-wing or TIE just like I did in previous gen.

Finally, before it was canned, a Battlefront III was in the works that would have allowed players to start on a planets surface, then climb into a star-fighter and assist with the space battle... and this was all on one map! Had it made it to shelves... I bet it would have been the best selling Star Wars Game in history. But sadly Lucas Arts pulled the plug just as they were going into beta testing. BFIII's engine is being used in development of a new game called Galaxy in Turmoil, with many of the development team on Battlefront III engine is part of this dev team.

EA, I really hope you show this to the guys that are working hard on BFII, because I know you all have the money and the resources to make a game like this happen. I am not asking for my money back on BFI because I want my money I spent to be used to build BFII even better. You guys can make this possible!

Regards,
Blachieboy

Replies

• Ditto
    rWnfFLl.gif
  • Blachieboy wrote: »
    Hey EA how's it going? My gamer name is Blachieboy and I am here to talk to you about your upcoming game and what I have seen across the internet what people have been saying about it and what I have to say about it being a gamer myself.

To provide a little background. I have been playing video games all my life. From Nintendo, to Sony, and now to PC. I have played many of the Star Wars games that made the series.

Rogue Squadron Series (N64 to Gamecube)
    Jedi Knight Series (Gamecube & PC)
    and your predecessor, Battlefront I and II (PS2 and have the PC version on Steam.)

Now I have played your version of battlefront, and I will say you accomplished 2 things,
    1. You made the best looking
    2. You made the best sounding
    Star wars game of all the ones I have played....

However, you take away the beautiful graphics and soundtrack.... and the game is rather dull.
    Compared to the previous generation, you all went down in grade.

1. less people online
    2. super long server loading times
    3. objectives are autonomous
    4. Frankly its loses its fun in about 10 plays.

Honestly I was very disappointed with your game... very.... disappointed. Now I am not going to be here just to provide problems. I also have several solutions to help you all out.

1. Wider Maps.
    This alone would make the battles seem more authentic. Take the movie Scenes from the Gungan Droid battle on Naboo from Episode One or the Battle of Hoth. Those battles were on HUGE scales. And honestly your version of Hoth.... I feel like I'm in a bottle compared to what I saw in the movies as a kid and the map I played on in Battlefront II previous generation!

2. NO VEHICLE/ HERO TIME LIMITS!
    I find this lack of structure, disturbing. In the previous gen, you could walk up to a craft or vehicle (yes even an AT-AT) and pilot it essentially until you were dead, and NO ONE CARED. The Hero was either randomly awarded to an active player to accept or decline, or you got enough kills to earn that hero. If you died as the hero you went back into the ranks. Again I bring up Hoth because for god sakes if you are going to have Snow speeders sitting in the hanger, allow us to jump in the cockpit, fly out, and take down that AT-AT! That was my favorite part in BFI and II previous gen!

3. Do not let the customization of ground units turn Battlefront into Call of Duty:
    Seriously I shouldn't be bringing this up but I get it you want players to have the ability to customize their weapons and characters a little. I advise caution because that just turns this game into another COD shell....

4. Much higher multi-player cap.
    Seriously if a PS2 can follow up to a 64 player online match (and yes I've gotten up to that size playing online on Steam with Old BFII) , current tech should not be that hard to match.

5. Back to vehicles: BE ABLE TO JUMP OUT AND FRIGGING LAND THE THING!:
    Again this was one of the features I miss about last gen. Walk up to a craft. Jump in. fly, land, jump out and attack!

6.Private Servers:
    This should go without being said. This random server junk has to stop. Make dedicated servers for free entry and allow players to host their own games. This would help get Battlefront in Major gaming tournaments.

7. Make an advanced Settings for flight control.
    The aircraft are too easy to fly for me. I am used to using roll, pitch, yaw, ya know things you have to think about when you fly an actual aircraft (BFII last gen had this) and it made me feel like I was as close to a real dogfight as possible. I wanna be able to spin and flip my X-wing or TIE just like I did in previous gen.

Finally, before it was canned, a Battlefront III was in the works that would have allowed players to start on a planets surface, then climb into a star-fighter and assist with the space battle... and this was all on one map! Had it made it to shelves... I bet it would have been the best selling Star Wars Game in history. But sadly Lucas Arts pulled the plug just as they were going into beta testing. BFIII's engine is being used in development of a new game called Galaxy in Turmoil, with many of the development team on Battlefront III engine is part of this dev team.

EA, I really hope you show this to the guys that are working hard on BFII, because I know you all have the money and the resources to make a game like this happen. I am not asking for my money back on BFI because I want my money I spent to be used to build BFII even better. You guys can make this possible!

Regards,
    Blachieboy

Sadly Galaxy in Turmoil got a cease and desist from EA. It's still being made but it has nothing Star Wars related anymore

EA Battlefront II is our only hope

But it seems like the game will be much better than the first

A few disappointments but the good things FAR outweigh the bad
  • Blachieboy wrote: »

Sadly Galaxy in Turmoil got a cease and desist from EA. It's still being made but it has nothing Star Wars related anymore

EA Battlefront II is our only hope

But it seems like the game will be much better than the first

A few disappointments but the good things FAR outweigh the bad

I figured it wouldn't be allowed with Disney becoming very very greedy with what they own. at least they are getting to make a game.
  • 4 all the way! NEED a higher player count
    giphy.gif