criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

in-depth customisation too much to ask for?

Now that we are getting the Battlefront we should have gotten to begin with, would it be reasonable to assume that this time we will be able to work towards unlocking different player customisation items?
When you look at the clonetroopers alone, the potential is massive there. A player can work towards unlocking specific items to create a look unique to themselves, or maybe trying to have the appearance of their favorite clone. And of course certain things will require more work, there was a thread where people wanted to play as an ARC trooper or commando and things like that should be difficult and hard to get.

A system like what battlefront had would just be horrible, and a massive waste of potential here. If we are all eventually running around as commander cody or death troopers then I probably wont bother with this yet again. Not to mention it will give us something else to strive for, I mean battlefield 1 for example is a decent shooter, but sometimes I enjoy working towards and unlocking things and so did a large part of that community.

What I would be fine with is seeing individuals running around with an appearance that they created themselves.
But this is far fetched, and I highly doubt that any star wars game will meet my expectations in terms of customisation.

Replies

• Lonnisity
    1941 posts Member
    I believe there will be a more in-depth customization system. What remains to be seen is HOW much more in depth. But I agree with your point about the last game wholeheartedly. There was zero way to stand out when there was only three or four unique options.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • They confirmed customization for heroes troopers and starfighters along with weapon attachments
  • Hopefully they give us some deep customisation, its about time we got it with a star wars game. Be amazing if they pull it off
  • thylacine wrote: »
    Hopefully they give us some deep customisation, its about time we got it with a star wars game. Be amazing if they pull it off

I don't have a problem if others want the dressing up side , but please do NOT put this in front of everyone so we have heavy menus screens for the tinkerers ...I want the basics front and center and no extras to navigate...make the extras appear down a level.
  • thylacine wrote: »
    Hopefully they give us some deep customisation, its about time we got it with a star wars game. Be amazing if they pull it off

I don't have a problem if others want the dressing up side , but please do NOT put this in front of everyone so we have heavy menus screens for the tinkerers ...I want the basics front and center and no extras to navigate...make the extras appear down a level.

X2