criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Message To The Developers - We Do NOT Want Nute Gunray Or Watto

2Next

Replies

• Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    thiago2103 wrote: »
    Darkaid wrote: »
    TCW is lit

Rebels can stay far away tho

Except Hera and Thrawn!

The inclusion of some would mean the inclusion of others too

I can live withou hera and thrawn , theres plenty characters from the movies they could use
    Not true. They could also be DLC. We only got Jyn and Krennic in BFEA1.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    TCW is lit

Except Hera and Thrawn!

I can live withou hera and thrawn , theres plenty characters from the movies they could use

Thrawn would be awesome though. The only Rebel character I could get behind.
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Alvonator wrote: »
    TCW is lit

Except Hera and Thrawn!

Thrawn would be awesome though. The only Rebel character I could get behind.

And Hera for the Rebel side!
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
  • @Mooncircle you sound pretty young,, it's a little late for you to be awake on a school night don't you think kiddo?
  • I dont think -94 is still kid but yeah, people these days.
  • I agree with Mooncircle, i hate Rebels and that cartoon Clone Wars series. Some people just love the original movies. I dont want to see any heroes or villains from Rebels/Clone Wars cartoon, oh and they have confirmed that it doesnt include content from those series (except the couple blasters).
  • crolumbine wrote: »
    @Mooncircle you sound pretty young,, it's a little late for you to be awake on a school night don't you think kiddo?

xgz9nkR.gif
    Member of the 501st
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Scout1998 wrote: »
    I agree with Mooncircle, i hate Rebels and that cartoon Clone Wars series. Some people just love the original movies. I dont want to see any heroes or villains from Rebels/Clone Wars cartoon, oh and they have confirmed that it doesnt include content from those series (except the couple blasters).

You two are really missing out on TCW.
  • Mooncircle
    475 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Awesome so old meme dont you think ? Try find a new one.
  • Scout1998, they just get salty if you tell your own opinion :P.
  • Darkaid wrote: »
    I agree with Mooncircle, i hate Rebels and that cartoon Clone Wars series. Some people just love the original movies. I dont want to see any heroes or villains from Rebels/Clone Wars cartoon, oh and they have confirmed that it doesnt include content from those series (except the couple blasters).

You two are really missing out on TCW.

Good, i think that we'll be just fine with the prequels, original era and with the sequels.

• AwesomeKillJoy
    1426 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Mooncircle wrote: »
    Awesome so old meme dont you think ? Try find a new one.

This confirms your age you're not -94. Plus, I don't care what's the new thing, I just go with whatever I like.
    Member of the 501st
  • Mooncircle wrote: »
    Scout1998, they just get salty if you tell your own opinion :P.

Yeah i can clearly see that, this community in a nutshell :smile:
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    Stand Down Guys, this one's clearly not worth it
    giphy.gif
    @Mooncircle but I do hope you know what this will do to your reputation around here :neutral:
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • AwesomeKillJoy
    1426 posts Member
    edited April 2017

Yeah, I think prequels > originals
    Member of the 501st
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Abandon thread?
  • Mooncircle wrote: »

And by the "prequels" you mean episodes 1-3? Yeah

• 2000sGuy wrote: »
    Stand Down Guys, this one's clearly not worth it
    giphy.gif
    @Mooncircle but I do hope you know what this will do to your reputation around here :neutral:

Who cares about reputation in forums? Some people...
  • Scout1998 wrote: »

I mean TMP, AOTC, and ROTS. The editing in the OT was lame and the entire original trilogy was a failed experiment IMO. Clone wars was so much better, the series compared to rebels and the movies.
    Member of the 501st

I mean TMP, AOTC, and ROTS. The editing in the OT was lame and the entire original trilogy was a failed experiment IMO. Clone wars was so much better, the series compared to rebels and the movies.

Well i disagree, i'll be fine with prequels, original and the sequels.

• 2000sGuy wrote: »
    Childish?

shall I continue guys?

Allow me.

Is Rebels especially violent? No. Do both these shows have a lot of light-hearted moments? Certainly. However, light-heartedness and appeal for younger viewers has been part of this franchise from the very beginning, and it often makes the high-stakes and emotional drama more powerful through contrast. Look at the masterpiece that is Avatar: The Last Airbender for another example of this when it's done exceptionally well.

Star Wars thrives on its universal appeal. Shows like these may be aimed at kids, but they're not only for kids; they're for everybody.

Well done, that was a test to see if you'll contradict yourself and you did just fine. And I actually laughed saying prequels > originals despite loving ROTS .
    Member of the 501st

Well done, that was a test to see if you'll contradict yourself and you did just fine. And I actually laughed saying prequels > originals despite loving ROTS .

Ok nice.
  • I feel like it's ruder to tell them that. It's obvious they were being sarcastic-do you believe they are ****?
    rWnfFLl.gif
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    Childish?

shall I continue guys?

Allow me.

Is Rebels especially violent? No. Do both these shows have a lot of light-hearted moments? Certainly. However, light-heartedness and appeal for younger viewers has been part of this franchise from the very beginning, and it often makes the high-stakes and emotional drama more powerful through contrast. Look at the masterpiece that is Avatar: The Last Airbender for another example of this when it's done exceptionally well.

Star Wars thrives on its universal appeal. Shows like these may be aimed at kids, but they're not only for kids; they're for everybody.

I think George said it well.
    http://observer.com/2017/04/george-lucas-says-star-wars-is-for-12-year-olds/
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    how one can call TCW childish yet be fine with the movies' inclusion is beyond me
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
    ...oh and they have confirmed that it doesnt include content from those series (except the couple blasters).

I'd like a source on this.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Not trolling, still want Qui Gon.
  • Not trolling, still want Qui Gon.

Not trolling IMO as I agree and because Qui-Gon was a fighter and without him, the entire star wars universe would've been much different.
    Member of the 501st
  • Darkaid wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    Childish?

shall I continue guys?

Allow me.

I think George said it well.
    http://observer.com/2017/04/george-lucas-says-star-wars-is-for-12-year-olds/

That's a good way of putting it. Allow me to add an appropriate quote from the great C. S. Lewis:

"Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    Not trolling, still want Qui Gon.

Now THAT's a legitimate request
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg