criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Jetpack vs jump pack

NightFury
1129 posts Member
Jet trooper original BF was superior to the jump pack because it wasn't a cheap tool. You had maneuverability and could still get to high places. Jump pack is too fast and encourages run in run away. Slow it down like the jet pack the jet troopers had in the original BF. And have it activated by double jump. Watch some gameplay of it in the originals and you'll see why it'll improve BF. Mobility at the price of vulnerability.

Replies

• Plus it was limited to classes whose primary weapon was slow firing. The ARC units, for example - their lightning blaster required seconds of charge-up time, and wasn't even a OHK, so you couldn't just jump in and wreck everyone with a high RoF weapon
    All I am surrounded by is fear... and dead men.
  • The screenshot of Kamino showed clones wearing Jetpacks, I'd love if someone can pull up the concept art.
    Member of the 501st
  • CPT_Rex
    725 posts Member
    The screenshot of Kamino showed clones wearing Jetpacks, I'd love if someone can pull up the concept art.

kamino2.jpg
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • The screenshot of Kamino showed clones wearing Jetpacks, I'd love if someone can pull up the concept art.

star-wars-battlefront-ii-concept-1024x576.jpg

• Frix
    626 posts Member
    The screenshot of Kamino showed clones wearing Jetpacks, I'd love if someone can pull up the concept art.

Yah it's hopeful but still just concept art
  • Where are all the concept arts from, is that official or just fan-made?
  • Frix
    626 posts Member
    Where are all the concept arts from, is that official or just fan-made?

Official look up battlefront updates or Star Wars hq on YouTube. I believe westie had it too but basically they were shown behind closed doors.
  • Where are all the concept arts from, is that official or just fan-made?

Official. They were released at Celebration and can be found at all official online retailers too.
  • @Frix @DARKBRINGER Ah thanks, I assumed they were fan art so thats good to know.