criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Possible Map Talk: Chandrila?

Laser921
1767 posts Member
Before I begin, this idea came after reading the Aftermath trilogy, which if you haven't yet, I highly recommend reading them.

So in Legends, Chandrila wasn't that big. The homeworld of some famous characters but other than that, just a Core world. In Canon, and thanks to Aftermath, Chandrila gained a bit more notoriety. he planet is the first capital of the New Republic, home to Mon Mothma, and probably a back-up capital in case the current one is destroyed(my personal thought) Anyway, the planet could make an appearance either in the original game or thru DLC as the Imperial Admiral Rax proposes an invasion of Chandrila. Having the planet in the game would let you play out the invasion as either Imps or New Republic and the ground map would be Hanna City. This place would be feasible because it hasn't been on screen before so there's more free reign with how to design it.
Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force

Replies

• It would be nice to explore more planets never seen in the movies. It could work because it would be right be fore Jakku. I would like it.
    You can't spell "steal" without EA

hxed7ph501zd.png
  • WodiQuix
    4393 posts Member
    It would be nice to explore more planets never seen in the movies. It could work because it would be right be fore Jakku. I would like it.

Yeah, I'd love to see new planets that were never featured or only mentioned in the movies.
  • Laser921 wrote: »
    Before I begin, this idea came after reading the Aftermath trilogy, which if you haven't yet, I highly recommend reading them.

So in Legends, Chandrila wasn't that big. The homeworld of some famous characters but other than that, just a Core world. In Canon, and thanks to Aftermath, Chandrila gained a bit more notoriety. he planet is the first capital of the New Republic, home to Mon Mothma, and probably a back-up capital in case the current one is destroyed(my personal thought) Anyway, the planet could make an appearance either in the original game or thru DLC as the Imperial Admiral Rax proposes an invasion of Chandrila. Having the planet in the game would let you play out the invasion as either Imps or New Republic and the ground map would be Hanna City. This place would be feasible because it hasn't been on screen before so there's more free reign with how to design it.
    It would be nice to explore more planets never seen in the movies. It could work because it would be right be fore Jakku. I would like it.
    WodiQuix wrote: »

Yeah, I'd love to see new planets that were never featured or only mentioned in the movies.

DICE did such a good job with Sullust in the last game, a place we never saw in the movies (I think the only appearance of it in current canon is a space battle in the system in the Clone Wars), and so I would absolutely be down for them depicting planets we haven't seen on screen and being creative. Also, thanks for the recommendation, I might even check out those aftermath books sometime. :smile: