criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Thrawn should be added!(Even if Rebels characters AREN'T!)

ThatShibaThing
312 posts Member
edited April 2017
Thrawn isn't even strictly a REBELS character! He would be a great addition to the Original Trilogy roster. They can give him his own special upgrades with enough thought, plus he's so cool, and would be sweet to play as!

tumblr_oair5lQEpK1rlheeoo1_400.gif
Much Star Wars.Very forums.

Replies

• Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Here is my definition of a tv series character:

A character that does not appear in any of the 9 movies (including TLJ) that is also seen in The Clone Wars and/or Rebels.

Adding Thrawn will Open up the pool to tv series characters which is a bad idea because it also opens up to tv series planets, etc.
  • bfloo
    14061 posts Member
    Why would more planets be a bad thing?

More planets = more maps.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• EvazanJr wrote: »

A character that does not appear in any of the 9 movies (including TLJ) that is also seen in The Clone Wars and/or Rebels.

Adding Thrawn will Open up the pool to tv series characters which is a bad idea because it also opens up to tv series planets, etc.

Less content = good? You sound like EA.
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    Please also include Nute Gunray.
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Thrawns one of the best SW characters beyond the animated stuff even. So I agree
  • Thrawn being in this game would definitely be a win.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    bfloo wrote: »
    Why would more planets be a bad thing? More planets = more maps.
    It wouldn't be a bad thing.
    Your taking this all wrong

for both:
    Im thinking from EA's prespective and if they add one tv series thing then people will want other things from it that they don't have the time to add or would rather spend it on other things.
    I think the movies+vardos (cant forget about the new things in campaign) will have more than enough content due to EA usually having more than one map per planet and all the new planets being introduced.
  • No thanks.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7339 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    EvazanJr wrote: »

You are complaining about more content? Very strange. Many love Rebels and TCW series, no matter if you like it or not.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    EvazanJr wrote: »

You are complaining about more content? Very strange. Many love Rebels and TCW series, no matter if you like it or not.

adding you to those who misunderstood (badly worded on my part)

Im thinking from EA's prespective and if they add one tv series thing then people will want other things from it that they don't have the time to add or would rather spend it on other things.
    I think the movies+vardos (cant forget about the new things in campaign) will have more than enough content due to EA usually having more than one map per planet and all the new planets being introduced.
    Why would more planets be a bad thing? More planets = more maps.
    It wouldn't be a bad thing.
    Your taking this all wrong

for both:

They don't have to put every location and character from those shows as DLC, just a few important ones. If they add TCW content, I genuinely expect that the only two Republic heroes they'd add from there would be Ahsoka and Rex. Frankly, that's all they'd need. Ventress and Cad Bane would be plenty for the Separatist side as well. After that, just make four big maps from planets like Christophsis, Ryloth, Mandalore, and Umbara (there doesn't have to be multiple maps per planet), sprinkle in a couple guns, maybe a few new pieces of equipment, and BOOM! You've got yourself a pretty good TCW DLC pack. They could do a similar thing for Rebels. We've gotten similarly-sized DLCs for the last game, so surely it wouldn't be too difficult?

Thrawn is a much older charater that had a lot of fan following form what I know.
    I think it would be good to have him
  • Thrawn would make amazing character to play as.
  • Guillaume is a huge Thrawn fan, I would love to see his design for him.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Asajj Ventress was originaly designed to be in attack of the clones. They put her away and took Dooku instead. They still confirmed she was canon and a part of the cinematic trilogy.
    Asajj_Ventress_concept.jpg
  • Asajj Ventress was originaly designed to be in attack of the clones. They put her away and took Dooku instead. They still confirmed she was canon and a part of the cinematic trilogy.

She would be SWEET to play as!

Yeah I guess, don't really see many other people with two blades that they can add. Or at least right now in my head.
    Vroom Vroom!

Yeah I guess, don't really see many other people with two blades that they can add. Or at least right now in my head.

General Grievous :)
  • Alvonator wrote: »

If I see his name one more time...
    Vroom Vroom!

• Alvonator wrote: »

It's honestly not funny anymore.

LMAO
    Vroom Vroom!

• I thought this topic was about Thrawn.. lol.

People on these forums tend to get.. really offtrack. lol.
    Vroom Vroom!

People on these forums tend to get.. really offtrack. lol.

Guess so.
    Thrawn just seems like a really cool character in the SW universe... I honestly don't know much about him, but watched him and rebels and thought he was awesome in there.
  • Thrawn IS AWESOME!
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member

I think he's getting at the idea that movie locations and movie characters might end up getting discarded and ignored in favor of the tv/cartoon characters.

EA/DICE will only include so many locations and characters in a game, that I think that some would rather see the movies get noticed and recognized first and then have EA/DICE move on to the cartoon characters and locations later on.
  • Thrawn only would be nice. I know him because of the comics.
  • Jarrad wrote: »

I think he's getting at the idea that movie locations and movie characters might end up getting discarded and ignored in favor of the tv/cartoon characters.

EA/DICE will only include so many locations and characters in a game, that I think that some would rather see the movies get noticed and recognized first and then have EA/DICE move on to the cartoon characters and locations later on.

Makes sense, a lot includes on how many characters they have at launch as well. In all honesty, in the last game we got most all of the important characters. Notable characters that would've been nice though were characters like Tarkin, Ackbar, Obi-Wan, IG-88 and General Veers. Apparently they couldn't include Ackbar and IG-88 due to their builds in the last game, but hopefully they won't have the same problem in this game.

Other than those characters though, there aren't many more major heroes that need to be included. We certainly didn't need a character like Greedo. Excellent characters like Thrawn trump lame side characters like Greedo all day long. So if they get to a point where they have included all the important movie characters, it would be silly not to consider popular characters like Thrawn.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo