criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Was Scarif destroyed?

BrushedBrass2
540 posts Member
edited April 2017
I wonder if the blast from the death star eventually obliterated the whole planet or just a part of it like Jedha.

Replies

• No the planet was not destroyed. Tarkin fired a single reactor blast at the planet which only destroyed the Citadel Tower and surrounding occupants.
  • bfloo
    15034 posts Member
    It wasn't destroyed, but they didn't go into how much damage the blast caused, so it might not be habitable.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• DarthJ
    6461 posts Member
    Stalemate wrote: »
    No the planet was not destroyed. Tarkin fired a single reactor blast at the planet which only destroyed the Citadel Tower and surrounding occupants.

This, citadel base went only. It will have after effects though. The Rogue One novelization mentions how Jedha will eventually fall apart and destroy itself after that blast I think, or at least become unhabitable (I may have to re read that bit). So I think Scarif would do the same.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    It wasn't destroyed, but they didn't go into how much damage the blast caused, so it might not be habitable.

The blast was probably equivalent to an asteroid hitting the planet, so I agree.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    "Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin ordered the Death Star to fire a precise single reactor blast at the planet, not destroying Scarif itself but dissipating its planetary shield[3] and obliterating the Citadel Tower as well as everyone in its vicinity in an unsuccessful effort to halt the transmission"

Taken from the Wookieepedia article.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    No it was equivalent to a hydrogen bomb destruction minus the radiation so the planet would be fine.