criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Jedi force-jumps need to be added.

ThatShibaThing
312 posts Member
edited April 2017
Will jedi in EA's new Star Wars Battlefront be able to show off their iconic force-jumps? To me, this would make gameplay more exciting and fun, and make it much more pleasing and epic to play as a jedi/sith. I REAALLLY want this to be in the game.

Much Star Wars.Very forums.

Replies

• Yes. Being a Jedi or Sith should be an incredible experience.
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Yes. Being a Jedi or Sith should be an incredible experience.

I know, I want it to be special being a force-sensitive character, besides the fact of having a lightsaber and using pathetic force moves.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    Did you play with Luke in Battlefront 1?
  • Yes to force jump. I missed it a lot in Battlefront (2015). It's at least important for the Clone Wars characters and some Rebels characters.
    4604323-ahsoka+ability+force+tk+%289%29.gif
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Landeaux wrote: »

the force jump in battlefront 1 is not very good. Its too low, slow, and not acrobatic enough. We need a double jump, or a jump more high and agile.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Landeaux wrote: »

the force jump in battlefront 1 is not very good. Its too low, slow, and not acrobatic enough. We need a double jump, or a jump more high and agile.

I don't want another game where people constantly spam the jump button to move around

I don't want another game where people constantly spam the jump button to move around

What about stamina?
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

You call that a force- jump mate??

What about stamina?

Good idea!
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    I agree. Really would like to have force jumps
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member

What about stamina?

Just for heroes? It'd be interesting to see if they give one character more stamina than another character....or if some characters would need more stamina to do different things

If you want what Ashoka did in that gif, then that'd be a big no for me. Luke's constant jumping and running in Battlefront 1 was pretty impactful

What about stamina?

Just for heroes? It'd be interesting to see if they give one character more stamina than another character....or if some characters would need more stamina to do different things

If you want what Ashoka did in that gif, then that'd be a big no for me. Luke's constant jumping and running in Battlefront 1 was pretty impactful

With stamina you can have what Ashoka do in the gift without a spam like in battlefront 1

What about stamina?

I didn't say I want it like that. But I want it in some form better than 2015 SWBF, just wasn't good enough imo. What Ahsoka Tano said about Stamina is a way to tone it down.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member

What about stamina?

I didn't say I want it like that. But I want it in some form better than 2015 SWBF, just wasn't good enough imo. What Ahsoka Tano said about Stamina is a way to tone it down.

It'd also depend how they would go about it. I'd have to guess that Luke would have better stamina than Vader but their stamina should drain differently depending on ability use or whatnot
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member

What about stamina?

With stamina you can have what Ashoka do in the gift without a spam like in battlefront 1

A move like that should use all of someone's stamina and take a few seconds until it started to replenish

What about stamina?

A move like that should use all of someone's stamina and take a few seconds until it started to replenish

Yes.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    I think @Ahsoka_Tano 's stamina suggestion is interesting and it would be cool to see abilities and a special ability work off of stamina but I don't see them changing the cooldown system because people would then complain about a hero having too much or too little stamina
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7339 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Stamina should be seperated from the force abilities which have cool downs or something like that. A huge full force jump should consume the entire stamina.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    Stamina should be seperated from the force abilities which have cool downs or something like that. A huge full force jump should consume the entire stamina.

But what would the stamina do besides assist in a special ability? Would it only be taken away from a Force jump? Would other people that don't have the Force have stamina? When you run out of stamina, what happens?
  • Stamina for movement and cooldown or an extra stamina system for the force abilities would be okay.
    If the normal stamina system would be bind to the force abilities then it could interrubt a smooth gamplay and might force to a focus on the lightsabers only.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

But what would the stamina do besides assist in a special ability? Would it only be taken away from a Force jump? Would other people that don't have the Force have stamina? When you run out of stamina, what happens?

Well, it could be used for other force abilities, perhaps even a choke or push. It could be like Palpatine in the previous game; Where there's a little bar or indicator of your stamina. When you run out, it would recharge over time?
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7339 posts Member
    edited April 2017

The stamina system could for example limit the amount of rolls, jumps etc.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• ThatShibaThing
    312 posts Member
    edited April 2017

The stamina system could for example limit the amount of rolls, jumps etc.

Yeah, there of course has to be a limit. But what I think would be a cool detail is give Darth Maul more stamina than other force-sensitives.

If i'm correct, he was able to kill Qui-Gon because of his high stamina and energy, while Qui-Gon was wore out and tired. Don't know for sure but I think he's supposed to have impressive energy or stamina or something... don't count me on it though.
  • I am thinking it will be an upgradable skill for force users, would make the most sense after all.
    Vroom Vroom!

• I am thinking it will be an upgradable skill for force users, would make the most sense after all.

Yes it could be improved upon upgrades.