criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Game mode Where Heroes/Villains Have Different Objectives Than Soldiers?

This idea just came to my head. I think the developers could make a pretty interesting game mode with this concept. Soldiers could be working on one thing, to maybe help out or support the hero/villain on their team so the hero/villain can get to THEIR objective. Doesn't have to work exactly that way but maybe something similar?
Much Star Wars.Very forums.

Replies

• Gomen
    482 posts Member
    Yeah, this would be really interesting. I am 100% down for it
    Friend me on PSN. My GT is O_lVl_E_N.
  • SAmulticore
    3322 posts Member
    I like that, it mirrors the movies really well.
  • HeavyTeemu
    536 posts Member
    Don't see this happening. Sounds nice but why would they do this?
  • WearYourHelmets
    3172 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    HeavyTeemu wrote: »

You answered your own question
  • unit900000
    2946 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    i would like a return of the hero CTF game mode its the reason i played star wars battlefront renegade squadron for hours on end (theres a reason i have this profile picture best game mode ever.) http://swgames.wikia.com/wiki/Hero_Capture_the_Flag
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • HeavyTeemu
    536 posts Member

Shooting enemies from the back of the unicorn which has rainbow coming out of its butt sounds nice, but it's still not in the game.

I mean what would it offer to gameplay other than distract heroes and villains from the main objective?
  • HeavyTeemu wrote: »

Shooting enemies from the back of the unicorn which has rainbow coming out of its butt sounds nice, but it's still not in the game.

I mean what would it offer to gameplay other than distract heroes and villains from the main objective?

Immersion
  • HeavyTeemu
    536 posts Member

Immersion

With low player count I feel that we need every single player fighting for the same objective. Epic battles are more immersive than everyone doing their own stuff. If you want to capture the flag then play CTF. Don't force mix gamemodes.

Immersion

With low player count I feel that we need every single player fighting for the same objective. Epic battles are more immersive than everyone doing their own stuff. If you want to capture the flag then play CTF. Don't force mix gamemodes.

you're fake news buddy
  • HeavyTeemu
    536 posts Member

Immersion

you're fake news buddy

Ok?
  • This isn't an arguing thread

k.... Do you work with the devs on the game? No? Yeah thats what I thought buddy.
    Vroom Vroom!

• Linge1416
    1507 posts Member
    Sounds like a good game mode.
    dq8iS1t.gif
  • bfloo
    14748 posts Member
    We can barely get heroes to play objectives now. How many would bother with a secondary objective?

The resource system wont matter, they already have the hero.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• HeavyTeemu
    536 posts Member

k.... Do you work with the devs on the game? No? Yeah thats what I thought buddy.

You had a point? Did you add anything to this conversation?
    No.
    Now go back to your corner...

Like bfloo said it's just a distraction from the main objective. It would hurt the gameplay rather than improve it. It won't happen.

No.

Like bfloo said it's just a distraction from the main objective. It would hurt the gameplay rather than improve it. It won't happen.

That's your opinion, you can't just shut people down when you're talking about unicorns shooting rainbows. Sorry if you don't think it will happen, doesn't mean others can't think so. This thread was dead anyways.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    We can barely get heroes to play objectives now. How many would bother with a secondary objective?

The resource system wont matter, they already have the hero.

It doesn't have to be a secondary objective, the players can do separate jobs to complete THE objective.

Immersion

I think I worded the title wrong, it would work with the heroes and soldiers doing separate things to complete AN objective, that sounds better than them doing their own objectives, thats what I meant from the start.
    I should have explained everything better, so its my fault.
  • HeavyTeemu
    536 posts Member

No.

That's your opinion, you can't just shut people down when you're talking about unicorns shooting rainbows. Sorry if you don't think it will happen, doesn't mean others can't think so. This thread was dead anyways.

Excuse me!? I got bashed for having an opinion plus he did not comment anything about the topic on hand and now I am horrible? Please...
  • Just stop the drama, all.