criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

How will Clone Trooper ranks/units/squadrons work?

ThatShibaThing
312 posts Member
edited April 2017
I'm wondering how the developers will handle the look and place of each clone trooper... Will you belong to a different squad.. like in 501st legion or 104th Battalion or something along those lines.. or will you just play as rookie clones that are just white?

In the clone trooper concept art, they seemed to be all plain white troopers.. but then again, concept art doesn't reveal everything. I'm just really curious how they'll handle and organize the clones.
Much Star Wars.Very forums.
Post edited by ThatShibaThing on

Replies

• Well as we see in the concept those clones are wearing the Phase 1 armor, which used colors to denote rank, for example plain was a regular trooper green was a sergeant, blue was lieutenant and so on a so forth. Phase 2 armor had the colors designate which legion you belonged to, blue for the 501st and yellow for the 212th, etc... I'm not sure if we will be getting the Phase 2 armor which we see in revenge of the sith though I feel they would be crazy not to add it, I would like to see the different legions represented on specific maps maybe like phase 1 on kamino and phase 2 501st on another map, something like that. While it may be nice to be able to customize your personal trooper they way you want I feel that might lead to republic players fielding a rainbow army lol
  • Yeah that's a gunship but who knows about the clone part
  • ThatShibaThing
    312 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Oh ok
  • ThatShibaThing
    312 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Just not sure how clone troopers will work... I'm sure devs have a plan for how it'll work.
  • Well as we see in the concept those clones are wearing the Phase 1 armor, which used colors to denote rank, for example plain was a regular trooper green was a sergeant, blue was lieutenant and so on a so forth. Phase 2 armor had the colors designate which legion you belonged to, blue for the 501st and yellow for the 212th, etc... I'm not sure if we will be getting the Phase 2 armor which we see in revenge of the sith though I feel they would be crazy not to add it, I would like to see the different legions represented on specific maps maybe like phase 1 on kamino and phase 2 501st on another map, something like that. While it may be nice to be able to customize your personal trooper they way you want I feel that might lead to republic players fielding a rainbow army lol

Well, in the Clone Wars show, it wasn't just color that designated each clone to a rank for the phase 1, it was still colors signifying your belonging, wasn't it?

Well, in the Clone Wars show, it wasn't just color that designated each clone to a rank for the phase 1, it was still colors signifying your belonging, wasn't it?

I think it's kinda mixed but you're right. For example, Commander Bly and his squad were all goldish-yellow in markings
    Just another sniping YouTuber.
  • I'm wondering how the developers will handle the look and place of each clone trooper... Will you belong to a different squad.. like in 501st legion or 104th Battalion or something along those lines.. or will you just play as rookie clones that are just white?

In the clone trooper concept art, they seemed to be all plain white troopers.. but then again, concept art doesn't reveal everything. I'm just really curious how they'll handle and organize the clones.

OK, here we go again.
    The likely answer is that battalion colours will be locked to the location where they appeared in the films. Whilst battalions would sometimes mix on the battlefield as seen in some Clone Wars episodes, the concept of having a "rainbow" group of clones in the game is not a popular one. So, the appearances and locations are likely to go like this: As for that concept art, there are different colours seen as the trooper on the left appears to be sporting the blue Lieutenant colours and the 2 on the right appear to be sporting the yellow Commander colours.
    kamino2.jpg
    There will likely be some customisable elements, like helmets and such for Phase 2 troopers, and Phase 1 troopers will have the Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain, and Commander colours.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • I'm wondering how the developers will handle the look and place of each clone trooper... Will you belong to a different squad.. like in 501st legion or 104th Battalion or something along those lines.. or will you just play as rookie clones that are just white?

OK, here we go again.
    The likely answer is that battalion colours will be locked to the location where they appeared in the films. Whilst battalions would sometimes mix on the battlefield as seen in some Clone Wars episodes, the concept of having a "rainbow" group of clones in the game is not a popular one. So, the appearances and locations are likely to go like this: As for that concept art, there are different colours seen as the trooper on the left appears to be sporting the blue Lieutenant colours and the 2 on the right appear to be sporting the yellow Commander colours.
    kamino2.jpg
    There will likely be some customisable elements, like helmets and such for Phase 2 troopers, and Phase 1 troopers will have the Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain, and Commander colours.

Location based colors and then added customization like helmet, eyepieces, shoulder pads, ammo belts, pauldrons, would be amazing. I would absolutely love that
    Just another sniping YouTuber.

The show does confuse this matter somewhat since the 501st Legion predominantly had blue markings which designated Lieutenant ranking on the clones seen in Ep II, but I think that they'll stick with the movie versions on the armours and leave the Clone Wars stuff for another time.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts

OK, here we go again.
    kamino2.jpg

Location based colors and then added customization like helmet, eyepieces, shoulder pads, ammo belts, pauldrons, would be amazing. I would absolutely love that

Exactly. For helmets we can have ARF Trooper, Airborne Trooper, Recon Trooper, or Scout Trooper, and for attachments we can have a Commander Bly style visor, a Commander Cody style visor, or a Captain Rex style rangefinder. We could also kamas in addition to pauldrons, ammo belts, and so on.
    I don't necessarily think we'll get something that deep, but maybe some set appearances for the different classes and helmet styles.
    My Concepts

OK, here we go again.
    kamino2.jpg

I think that's a little too far.. remember, it's not a CLONE TROOPER game.
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    I'm wondering how the developers will handle the look and place of each clone trooper... Will you belong to a different squad.. like in 501st legion or 104th Battalion or something along those lines.. or will you just play as rookie clones that are just white?

OK, here we go again.
    kamino2.jpg

They can perfectly put that amount of customization for PT and a lot for the other eras as well. If they wanted.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Agherosh wrote: »

OK, here we go again.
    kamino2.jpg

They can perfectly put that amount of customization for PT and a lot for the other eras as well. If they wanted.

Ehh... IDK man..
  • Agherosh wrote: »

OK, here we go again.
    kamino2.jpg

Ehh... IDK man..

This isn't a clone based game..
    Vroom Vroom!