criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

rolling mechanic

NightFury
1129 posts Member
Hopefully you don't roll on ice in BF2. Rolling should be like pandemic's BF, jump button and direction equals roll. Can't shoot while rolling. And no rolling if you have gear on your back at anytime. It's frankly not even possible to roll with that rectangular jump pack, you'd get stuck.

Replies

• Edalin007
    403 posts Member
    I agree
  • Shinjuku
    1760 posts Member
    I think what the Developers have done is limited the combat rolling a lot more which is great, I agree with not being able to shoot while rolling.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • it's a jump pack not a turtle shell lol. you wouldn't get stuck.

as long as they fix the animation and make it so you can't shoot at the same time it's fine.
  • More and more players gonna abuse it with new generation controller macros ....must be heavilly limited and yes I use it all the time
  • NightFury
    1129 posts Member
    it's a jump pack not a turtle shell lol. you wouldn't get stuck.

as long as they fix the animation and make it so you can't shoot at the same time it's fine.

A turtle shell is round so it can roll. A box is not round therefore it can't roll. I don't know from what universe you're from but I want you to find a solid box, strap it on your back, and then roll. Let me know how that works out once you're done. And just on case you haven't noticed, the jump pack is a fairly large box considering its width is nearly the same in comparison with the trooper wearing it. So find something the length of your torso that's roughly 20-24cm in width.
  • rollind24
    5969 posts Member
    NightFury wrote: »

A turtle shell is round so it can roll. A box is not round therefore it can't roll. I don't know from what universe you're from but I want you to find a solid box, strap it on your back, and then roll. Let me know how that works out once you're done. And just on case you haven't noticed, the jump pack is a fairly large box considering its width is nearly the same in comparison with the trooper wearing it. So find something the length of your torso that's roughly 20-24cm in width.

Could I use a round box?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • NightFury wrote: »

I'm a human... I think i have enough strength to to roll over even if i have a flat box on my back... especially with the 4 other limbs that i have and all.

that was my point. humans aren't like turtles.
  • HeavyTeemu
    538 posts Member
    Limit it. I don't want to fight ninjas with feather armor.
  • NightFury
    1129 posts Member

I'm a human... I think i have enough strength to to roll over even if i have a flat box on my back... especially with the 4 other limbs that i have and all.

It's not about strength. The human body just doesn't allow for it. You'll 20cm off the ground, unless you've got extreme flexibility you won't have leverage from your elbows to help push you over. You legs won't help much because they're to far away to provide the torque you need especially at that angle. You still probably won't believe me until you physically try it though. Sure you can make it over eventually, but it'll definitely take significantly longer than if you had something lower profile.
  • HeavyTeemu wrote: »

My thoughts exactly. Was annoying how someone could become instantly good in swbf2015 by owning an elite controller, having a good internet connection, and spamming CA-87 or ee4 while rolling around as a flaming ball of fury with barely any roll cooldown whatsoever
    Just another sniping YouTuber.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    Jedi should be able to roll as well.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Shinjuku
    1760 posts Member

I think they should also be allowed to crouch, all Heroes that is!
    MLtmeEi.png
  • Shinjuku
    1760 posts Member
    HeavyTeemu wrote: »

My thoughts exactly. Was annoying how someone could become instantly good in swbf2015 by owning an elite controller, having a good internet connection, and spamming CA-87 or ee4 while rolling around as a flaming ball of fury with barely any roll cooldown whatsoever

I know right? It gets really tiresome dealing with that, combat rolling definitely should not be spammable like the current Star Wars.
    MLtmeEi.png
  • Scout1998
    699 posts Member
    Good points, they should just remove rolling completely.

It's not about strength. The human body just doesn't allow for it. You'll 20cm off the ground, unless you've got extreme flexibility you won't have leverage from your elbows to help push you over. You legs won't help much because they're to far away to provide the torque you need especially at that angle. You still probably won't believe me until you physically try it though. Sure you can make it over eventually, but it'll definitely take significantly longer than if you had something lower profile.

i think you're really over analyzing this (and underestimating the human ability to move)
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member

i think you're really over analyzing this (and underestimating the human ability to move)

I never saw anyone roll with a hard solid box on their back.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • FettForMVP
    833 posts Member
    Hopefully you don't roll on ice in BF2. Rolling should be like pandemic's BF, jump button and direction equals roll. Can't shoot while rolling. And no rolling if you have gear on your back at anytime. It's frankly not even possible to roll with that rectangular jump pack, you'd get stuck.

finally. a constructive idea on rolling rather than just suggesting throwing it out the window. I am a big fan of rolling, but I admit that rolling while having a jump pack on and being able to roll while shooting is lame. I wouldn't be mad about getting those taken care of
  • NightFury
    1129 posts Member

Young saber wielders should do a butterfly twist. Darth Maul made a seamless transition from b-twist to fighting again in Phantom Menace.
  • NightFury
    1129 posts Member
    Agherosh wrote: »

My thought exactly. I even gave valid explanations but Timothy still won't believe. If he'd try it, he'd soon see he's overestimating people versus the laws of physics.
  • I dont know how many times ive killed a guy who shouldve killed me because i rolled at the right moment

My thought exactly. I even gave valid explanations but Timothy still won't believe. If he'd try it, he'd soon see he's overestimating people versus the laws of physics.

well in what context in real life would you be watching someone attempt to do a combat roll with a jet pack on in the first place?

I've never seen anyone deflect bullets with a sword in real life either.

combat roll is a basic game maneuver. jump pack is an optional ability that anyone can use or not use if they want. optional abilities shouldn't take away basic maneuvers like the combat roll. I don't think it's really a big deal if someone does a combat roll with a jetpack on.

and I'm still pretty sure i could fill a backpack up with some reasonable weight and if I tried to roll on the ground I wouldn't just helplessly get stuck on my back like you seem to think lol. I wouldn't do a do a combat roll in .3 seconds because I'm not a video game character... but I'd be able to roll over.
  • FettForMVP
    833 posts Member

well in what context in real life would you be watching someone attempt to do a combat roll with a jet pack on in the first place?

combat roll is a basic game maneuver. jump pack is an optional ability that anyone can use or not use if they want. optional abilities shouldn't take away basic maneuvers like the combat roll. I don't think it's really a big deal if someone does a combat roll with a jetpack on.

and I'm still pretty sure i could fill a backpack up with some reasonable weight and if I tried to roll on the ground I wouldn't just helplessly get stuck on my back like you seem to think lol. I wouldn't do a do a combat roll in .3 seconds because I'm not a video game character... but I'd be able to roll over.

• ExoSchmo
    742 posts Member
    Totally agree. When you roll attempt to roll in the latest battlefront, you either roll in place, roll in place and then slide, don't move at all, or (rarely) you will roll. Very annoying
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    The roll glitch almost always ends in death too.
  • Shinjuku
    1760 posts Member
    Stalemate wrote: »
    The roll glitch almost always ends in death too.

The amount of deaths that I have from a failed combat roll is staggering, I think it's killed me more then anything in the game
    MLtmeEi.png
  • NightFury
    1129 posts Member

Personal shield is an optional ability that doesn't allow you to shoot or throw. And it's not that you'd get stuck on your back, the size just inhibits your movement. It's not even about weight, for the last time, weight and strength aren't the same as inhuman flexibility.
    I do agree that rolling shouldn't be that fast though.

Personal shield is an optional ability that doesn't allow you to shoot or throw. And it's not that you'd get stuck on your back, the size just inhibits your movement. It's not even about weight, for the last time, weight and strength aren't the same as inhuman flexibility.

right but you can still move your character with the personal shield up... that's all the roll is, is a type of movement. it's just a flawed move on the bf 2015.
  • NightFury
    1129 posts Member

right but you can still move your character with the personal shield up... that's all the roll is, is a type of movement. it's just a flawed move on the bf 2015.

Extremely flawed. Rolling on ice pretty much all the time.